4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6550 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

still semi-payingattention to this game so I'll put together thoughts on who is scum and who is town right before I go
least I can do

If it hasn't been said already no reason for cheetory to claim anything until major day cause he can't die during minor night

(btw if the plan is to trade and then lynch me, from what I understand, you're gonna have a bad time, just letting you know)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #6551 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:33 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Leaning against the trade the more removed I get from the thread but will talk to my team-mates who are all also here

Meantime let's bane this mofo
#greenshirtthursdays
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6552 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:35 am

Post by ActionDan »

Guys chance of actually agreeing on 3 lynches in timely manner? I am not really sure that potential 3rd lynch will either cone to fruition or else be horribly rushed
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6553 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:36 am

Post by ActionDan »

bane anx

Can do this tho
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6554 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Gamma wrote:What are you confident in then. yes this is a serious question I want the strongest opinion you have about the game.
Let me do some homework again.
My strongest read this game came from really reading up things and thinking about it.
With the number of players left and the average number of posts per player left I think I could potentially manage to do somewhat comprehensive ISOdives.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6555 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Hito can we get a prod on Espeonage please?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6556 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

AD, can I get like.. a general sense of where you're at right now reads-wise?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #6557 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:13 am

Post by singersigner »

Espeonage hasn't been on the site in over a week despite modding a game. Might need his team to et a replacement. Trying to work out the mini theme in the mean time. Womp womp.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #6558 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:53 am

Post by singersigner »

By the way, Zar would like me to point out that Mastin claimed to trace Titus but Titus claimed to detect someone the same phase so unless someone wants to counter having a detect on Mastin, Mastin is bullshitting.

Also didn't like her whiney tantrum saying of course she was right because if she spent more time actually playing the game instead of defending "the one person she could've been wrong about" then we could've gotten to this point much sooner. Seems like a whole lot of excuses for not a whole lot of rectifying those mistakes.

Titus, 4nxi3ty, FormerFish, and Mastin. Woop woop.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6559 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I don't think that's how detecting works?
Unless I'm just misunderstanding you.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6560 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

vote: keep

bane: mastin
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6561 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

ISOdiving DV. He has a ton of shitty soft interactions with Titus which makes me think they were trying a little too hard to seem like they were having organic interactions [but neither of them really ever throw any kind of serious read at each other]. It really seems like DV should be scumreading Titus in the context of Bulba being his top scumread and her defending him so strongly. Or at least he should be talking about that more. Instead it seems like he focuses a lot more on interacting with Titus while not really taking anything out of those interactions. They're mostly just kind of there and empty which makes me feel like it's more likely to be scum/scum.

DV wrote:I like Titus a lot but always find her stances and arguments a little strange in games, regardless of her alignment. I actually had an early townread on her for the same reason as what I think Nacho did. My impression of Titus is that while her play is often a bit different from the norm, she tends to be more bull-headedly different as scum, while more open to compromising etc. as town, and I'm definitely getting the latter vibe here. I still probably need to check to make sure I'm not completely making things up here though, but I'm probably just going to get more confused if I do. Not in the town section though because I have no confidence in this read whatsoever.
Feels hedgy in an intentional way. Like he feels uncomfortable with the idea of giving Titus a townread, despite saying that he thinks that she's probably town. This is realistically kind of nullish, but like.. this is exactly the kind of stuff that I'd be looking for in terms of scum/scumread.
"Titus is being more compromising here" makes me feel like Titus was using this as a strategy to give her scummates an excuse to toss a townread at her.

DV wrote:Marquis: I'm not actually aware of anyone not thinking Marquis is town so I don't know how much I'll say here (edit: Shadoweh apparently! :/ ), but as I have already mentioned, I thought the way he started this game off would have been excessively risky as scum and since he can be townread as town (see Quil's smalltown) I feel he would have chosen to emulate that instead. It also matches with my own expectations of Marquis as a player. I like his forwardness in booning himself and it reminds me of when he was very open about not wanting to be investigated in Smalltown. Both situations attract unnecessary attention for scum, nor do they actually improve your chances of avoiding investigation/being booned imo, especially with the boon being something I'm pretty sure scum would want here. I thought his reaction to Tammy's suspicion was very natural and his read on me makes a lot of sense.
Trying to decide if this makes sense for scum/scum. Not really sure.

DV wrote:Hey dude. I used to stress so much about being wrong in mafia. I'd oscillate between under-confidence that would completely debilitate the possibility of me having any impact on the game, and over-confidence that I wouldn't be able to maintain (I think this still happens to me tbh). When I start feeling this, I try to tell myself that it's a game that's meant to be fun and if I'm hilariously wrong then it will be more amusing than anything else! Not sure if this will be any help but it's how I try to think about things at least.

Oh, and you completely had me pegged in Smalltown, and were in fact the only one to get close to lynching me! That's got to count for something!

As for your out-of-mafia stuff, I just hope that gets better.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
This makes me feel less confident about FF/DV. q.q

Found this gem here that DV responded to:
Titus wrote:Cops might also check DV.

DV wrote:First Titus. There's no way I'm going to review her ISO because there are way too many posts for that, but my impression early on was that she was town. I remember there being something after my failed attempt at a read wall that solidified my townread really heavily, but I forget what it was and I'm not going to go searching for it now. I may later, but I trust that it was something important and the posts of hers that I've read since have matched my impression of town-Titus, which I can't really explain as anything more than my own ~mystical feelings~. Well maybe if I really tried I could (something I think I've mentioned before was her not being as bull-headed as I've come to expect from her as scum), and I also like what I've seen of her attempted interactions with ika on the last page. If someone wants my vote on that wagon, then they can present a reasonably concise case for me (I will make sure I pay close attention to any posts from this one on) and I will definitely try to consider it, but the chance of me joining with a vote on Titus even with a case that's nicely wrapped up with a ribbon on top is pretty low.
Okay yeah. This is too overdetailed and wordy. Where his defense of Espeonage is point by point and logical, this is entirely feelings, hedged bullshit and posturing an unwillingness to consider cases on her. Again reiterating what was likely Titus's strategy of this game. Forcing the whole cooperation thing and using it to give her scummates what would widely be perceived an okay reason for which to townread her.

4nxlynch is pretty good beyond claim/Titusharddefense bullshit. I will be really really sad if he flips town because there's just so much here that makes it seem like he has to be scum. :/
Can we keep and bane and get this over with? Like, unless someone other than Gamma has qualms about the choice?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6562 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

mastin/DV interactions are really hard to read.
Is the entire thing a scum-gambit of hardpushing a scummate over and over and over?
My hesitation there is DV throwing a townread at mastin. It feels more like he's trying to toss a townread on her, try to ignore her and hope she goes away than it does two scummates trying to play up bullshit [at least on his end q.q].
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #6563 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 7:31 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 134 (Minor Day 3, VC 2)

Bane:
Until the end of the next Major Day, target has no vote, takes one less vote to lynch, and does not count as a member of Annihilation for the purpose of counting if the Annihilation win condition has resolved.

(7)
4nxi3ty:
Gammagooey, singersigner, Cheetory6, Shadoweh, ChannelDelibird, vezokpiraka, ActionDan [Decided!]

(5)
No Bane Vote:
mastin2, 4nxi3ty, Formerfish, Untrod Tripod, Espeonage
(vezokpiraka, ActionDan)

Choice:
Would you like to trade the second Major Day Three lynch for two lynches if the first lynch hits an
Annihilation
player and no lynch if the first lynch hits a
Creation
player?

(4)
Keep:
Cheetory6, Shadoweh, vezokpiraka, Untrod Tripod [L-3]
(1)
Trade:
Gammagooey

(7)
No Choice Vote:
mastin2, ActionDan, 4nxiety, Formerfish, ChannelDelibird, singersigner, Espeonage
(vezokpiraka, Untrod Tripod)

With 12 players alive it's 7 to Bane or Choose. Minor Day Three ends on Wednesday, May 28th at 6 PM CST.

Minor Day Three Deadline(expired on 2015-05-27 18:00:00)

Espeonage has been prodded.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #6564 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 7:31 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The
Bane's
target has been decided.

Until the end of the next Major Day, 4nxi3ty has no vote, takes one less vote to lynch, and does not count as a member of Annihilation for the purpose of counting if the Annihilation win condition has resolved.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6565 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

:? do we not get a boon vote?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6566 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I think we have to choose a choice first.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6567 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Gammagooey »

that's not how all the other ones worked
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6568 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

actually shit i guess we did do the choice before the bane both of the other two days

that's really weird though
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #6569 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Keep

Finishing my catch up tonight.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6570 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 6534, Shadoweh wrote:Also, unless another town protective PR claims, Mastin is still p much confirmed town just because there's obviously a town protective PR.
^
Because seriously, what the fuck do you think the D1 choice was if not for my fucking role?

Even if you think I'm fakeclaiming, then you have to accept that post 377 (my first in the game), 379, 381, 383, (to some extent, 386), 388, 393, 396, and VERY strongly 397 (what the fuck do you think I meant by "~reasons~" if not, "Because I'm the fucking doctor and you're voting to make a choice about MY role") among others were me hinting at my 'fakeclaim' well in advance.

In post 6535, Gammagooey wrote:Tbf its definitely not a point against her but anyone's read on mastin really should be on what she's done instead of what's she's claimed
Sure thing!

Like how I've been calling DV scum since the
beginning of the fucking game
(Remember that early iso about me agreeing with my teammates on DV? That was agreeing with my teammates
scumread
of DV. My reasoning at the time more or less being, "Ceph's thoughts through the DV proxy sound like him as scum, and DV sounds like scum, almost as if it's Fox and the Hound". :P)

Also, pie said to give her one more day (she was mainly talking about the White Flag, in which I was loosely following and thinking, "Wow, BBT looks like scum, but who'd be the scum partner? CES really looks like town, but Regfan really looks like scum", and she just said in there something similar), so presumably she is gonna be gamebreaking by tomorrow.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #6571 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Choose Keep
#greenshirtthursdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6572 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

L-1.
Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Suckas.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #6573 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

You know, I'm triply certain Anx is a scumlord, remembering the weird day 1 conversation about ffery's scumread on DV that Titus was insisting was a townread. Less talking, more voting for the keep choice so we can find out what the reward is.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #6574 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Soz guys, rough couple of days.