Micro 475: Instant Lylo Mafia!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by droog »

In post 148, SilverWolf wrote:One thing I will say about Jeanne, she might of been townreading me because she just got out of a game with me where I was town and she was scum but it seemed weird that she was so certain of it. Also, her lurking caused me to scumread the slot because lurking is a great strategy for scum this game with a strict deadline. I know you don't lurk as scum though.

'so certain of it'
like your reads
youre blowing up really small events
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 149, droog wrote:
In post 134, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 118, droog wrote:
In post 116, SilverWolf wrote:droog is good as scum, so don't expect to be able to figure him out easily if he's scum this game, I've played two games with him where he was scum and he won them both.

have we ever played town together?
kinda hoping we are
after 425 scum silver is as cary idea

Nope, we have not been town together in a game. I am not scum in this one so you don't have to worry about me if you are town. If you are scum, you do.

clear this up for me
maybe this isnt your intent
but this sounds a little like
"if you suspect me ill know youre scum"

That quote in particular was just me telling you, you only have to worry about me if you are scum. This quote might be helpful in explaining why I get upset at being scumread as town. It was in my last towngame and was said to me by Psyche.

In post 1063, Psyche wrote:Your vote on me is based on this naive assumption basically every townie has every game that they are
obviously
town. That if someone thinks they're scum then that someone is either ridiculously dumb or mafia pushing a mislynch. I'm a victim of it, and right now, you are, too. But it's an unrealistic assumption that results in lame situations like these.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 150, droog wrote:
In post 148, SilverWolf wrote:One thing I will say about Jeanne, she might of been townreading me because she just got out of a game with me where I was town and she was scum but it seemed weird that she was so certain of it. Also, her lurking caused me to scumread the slot because lurking is a great strategy for scum this game with a strict deadline. I know you don't lurk as scum though.

'so certain of it'
like your reads

I am a very difficult mislynch for scum because I fight back very aggressively against any scumread of any kind. I have a habit of being kind of OMGUSy and reactionary to being scumread or wagoned for what I see as bad reasons by either scum pushing a mislynch or town thinking I'm scum because I'm being scummy as town. It's not really a strategy. It's just kind of the way I am. I tend to get emotional a lot. I do it more as town than I ever have as scum. I don't know why. I am trying to work on this very hard because I don't like getting upset in games. It's stupid because it is only a game and is supposed to be fun. Stepping away works pretty well and that's why I say things like "I'm just not going to play for awhile or don't expect much for awhile" It's extremely scummy AtE but it's totally a towntell for me. That's self meta but whateves.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

'so certain of it'
like your reads

I mean she said she KNOWS I am town.

When someone uses the wording "I know you are town" right away-doesn't that seem scummy to you?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 139, droog wrote:
each time we've playde efore
i never really had to scumhunt you
now i do

This is a fair point. I can give you a few townpoints for this.

I honestly don't know for sure who is scum which is why my reads are changing like crazy. There is just not enough to go on. Whoever is town in this game has to participate or I don't see how town can win outside of guessing correctly.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by droog »

In post 153, SilverWolf wrote:

'so certain of it'
like your reads

I mean she said she KNOWS I am town.

When someone uses the wording "I know you are town" right away-doesn't that seem scummy to you?

yeah
but youre not goin to convince me
that my slots town
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by droog »

In post 154, SilverWolf wrote:I honestly don't know for sure who is scum which is why my reads are changing like crazy. There is just not enough to go on. Whoever is town in this game has to participate or I don't see how town can win outside of guessing correctly.

thanks for cooperating
will think about the things youve mentioned
and linked

in the meantime, i want other players
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 155, droog wrote:
yeah
but youre not goin to convince me
that my slots town

What?

You aren't town?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by droog »

:roll:
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:50 am

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 136, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 117, droog wrote:
so its vintually impossible
to scumread somone
with a kitten avatar
hi

Too friendly. Too much trying to get him on your side. Don't like.

This has little to do with the game, but the day being friendly becomes something that should be avoided is the day I stop playing Mafia.

I am reading Droog as town though, but very very warily. They seem a much more experienced player than me, and I have no idea what them faking town would look like if I saw it.

I am also discounting the possibility of SW/Enomis.
So I'm going to use some logic.

If Droog is town:
  • If SW is town
    • Brantz and Enomis are scum

• If SW is scum:
    • Brantz is scum.

If Droog is scum:
  • If SW is town:
    • Brantz or Enomis could be scum

• If SW is scum:
    • Droog and SW is scum

This leads to a great conclusion that simplifies the game for me a hell of a lot.

IF Droog is town AND SW and Enomis are not the scum team
THEN Brantz is scum.

Two questions to be answered.
Is Droog town?
Could SW and Enomis both be scum?

If I can answer these two questions correctly, I have solved the game, I think. :D
For now:
FOS: Brantz

Cause the only way they are town is if Enomis/SW is the scumteam or if Droog is scum.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 5:05 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I'm not scum with anyone so that should help you quite a bit. Droog could be town. I'm starting to lean that way due to his approach towards me which is much different than how he approached me as scum.

KittenLicks trying to solve the game looks somewhat townish right now.

So yeah, enomis/BRantz-enomis is townier than BRantz but enomis tunneling on me had me worried (it's easy as scum to just sit and tunnel/question someone and that's most of what he did) and BRantz hasn't really said or done a lot to draw attention to himself being pretty UTR and hard to read-perfect strategy for scum.

My guess:

enomis/BRantz scumteam with a better chance of BRantz being scum if I'm wrong on the team here:

FoS: BRantz
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 5:20 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Also, BRantz was townreading enomis all game and enomis was null reading BRantz.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 am

Post by BRantz »

That post by Kitten says nothing. It is a wall of words that says absolutely nothing. There is no trying to figure out the game there SW. Don't be blinded by it.

FoS: Kitten

I am here droog, whats up?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Need to hear from enomis.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by droog »

around
replis tomorrow
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 162, BRantz wrote:That post by Kitten says nothing. It is a wall of words that says absolutely nothing. There is no trying to figure out the game there SW. Don't be blinded by it.

FoS: Kitten

I am here droog, whats up?

Well, the words don't say anything by themselves, no. You have to read them. Such is the nature of text.

Judging by this post I'd say you seem pretty set on the idea that

A)SW is town, seeing as you are appealing to her to scumread me.
B) I'm scum. I'd call this OMGUS but I can sort of see the build up to it, though you never voiced it before this post and I cannot for the life of me see the reason for it.

From your point of view:
You are town.
SW is town.
I'm scum.
Enomis or Droog is scum. You are town reading Enomis, so I assume you are saying the scumteam is Droog and I?

I'm really enjoying this new logical approach to the game, so I think I'll do some more thinking.

If I assume Droog is town and we lynch Brantz:
Two situations where town loses:
SW is scum with Droog.
Enomis is scum with Droog.

I'm not considering SW/Droog as a real possibility, because there is no way I'm going to correctly read you both if you are scum. I cannot even rule out a scumteam with you both in it based on those interactions when Droog entered, because Droog was the one that brought up the FoS'ing thing and would know to hide the associative tells.

Hm, that's interesting. Why would Droog bring up the FoSing as scum? Obviously to hide connections between himself and his partner and encourage others to rule out those connections. If he is scum, the first player he chose to do that with was SW. Which means I cannot altogether rule out the possibility that they are scum together. Which sucks.

Well, for now I guess I'll say:
If Droog is scum, SW likely is. This isn't helpful at all.
If SW is scum, Enomis probably isn't, and vice versa.

I'm fairly happy with my townreads on SW and Droog though, tbh. SW could be scum, but if so it is with Brantz so that doesn't matter anyway.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by enomis »

Hey. Sorry about being inactive.

@Kitten:

That whole logical argument of your makes no sense to me.

And You havent answered my question:
Your SW townread came from her playing the same as her previous town games.
So, how did your conclusion changed/ why did it not change after reading her scum games.

Please answer this. Because this really seems like a lazy effort to just townread SW because he doesn't seem to be a popular lynch.

Also, why is droog town? I can't seem to get anything from the conversation btw him and SW.

@Brantz:
When you are ready to give me why kitten isn't town for interacting, tell me.

---
I skimmed the conversation btw SW and droog but they seem useless to me.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 166, enomis wrote:Hey. Sorry about being inactive.

@Kitten:

That whole logical argument of your makes no sense to me.

Well, which one? I've posted two now. And er, I'm sorry they don't make sense to you? It's logic. If you disagree it would be great if you could point out the flaw in it (whichever argument you are referring to)?

And You havent answered my question:
Your SW townread came from her playing the same as her previous town games.
So, how did your conclusion changed/ why did it not change after reading her scum games.

Please answer this. Because this really seems like a lazy effort to just townread SW because
she
doesn't seem to be a popular lynch.

Also, why is droog town? I can't seem to get anything from the conversation btw him and SW.

My SW townread originally came from her 'blow-up', which struck me as town. Her meta didn't have much to do with it at all, but I don't see any reason to scumread her based off of her meta.

I am not decided on either of SW or Droog being town yet. In the post I made minutes ago I considered the possibilities of either of them being scum, or both of them. I am happy with a townread on Droog because he seems town. He is actively trying to interact with others and solve the game. Same with SW. I am not decided on those reads. If I knew 100% Droog and SW were town I'd just vote for you or Brantz, because you would be confirmed scum.

Enomis, assume I am scum. Judging by how I am 'using a lazy method to just townread SW because (s)he isn't an easy lynch' I suppose I'm not scum with her. Am I scum with Droog or Brantz? Keeping in mind that Brantz seems to think I'm scum with Droog.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 1:23 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 166, enomis wrote:

If you think the conversation between droog and I is worthless, that tells me you have no interest in trying to sort droog which makes no sense coming from town.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Aeronaut »

4 Days Remaining
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:02 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Also enomis, droog asked you some questions which you ignored. You clearly aren't reading the game and going from tunnel to tunnel.

I'm actually pretty good with enomis as scum and I'd go along with a vote on him if town wanted to go that way.
KittenLicks
KittenLicks
Goon
KittenLicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:08 am

Post by KittenLicks »

In post 170, SilverWolf wrote:Also enomis, droog asked you some questions which you ignored. You clearly aren't reading the game and going from tunnel to tunnel.

I'm actually pretty good with enomis as scum and I'd go along with a vote on him if town wanted to go that way.

Enomis might be scum. I see no reason to lynch them when Brantz is a much better lynch though.

@Brantz
If you were scum, who would your partner be?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 am

Post by droog »

sw just shifted on enormis too easily
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:42 am

Post by droog »

In post 168, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 166, enomis wrote:

If you think the conversation between droog and I is worthless, that tells me you have no interest in trying to sort droog which makes no sense coming from town.

?
"this isnt useful" !=
"hav no interest in"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:42 am

Post by droog »

In post 170, SilverWolf wrote:Also enomis, droog asked you some questions which you ignored. You clearly aren't reading the game and going from tunnel to tunnel.

Would like these though

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”