Newbie 1608: Snow Cones (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:07 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 148, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 54, Keyser Söze wrote:@Fragg, is there a reason why you sound like a mafia newb in posts 39/43, but then a seasoned scumhunting pro by post 51?

I had to look back if you were the same person :P quick learner eh? :!:

yes, a good observation

I think you're the second one to bring this up. I don't think it is a good observation, because there are plenty of people who just catch onto the game really quickly, kinda like me. You can be a newbie and still be a competent player.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:11 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 152, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 59, Keyser Söze wrote:I like Bulbs' defence.

^this.

and you pointing this out, is another reason why i think you are town as well.

it would be easy enough to jump on bulb.

Not really. If you actually read the post it's a blatant attack on frag, whom he was already attacking. Why would he just switch people to attack out of the blue?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I wouldn't call Reubus the "scummiest" player so far.

Ironically, if there's anything he is guilty of is that he's playing too pro-town :lol:
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I am really curious about something in particular.
Any updated reads? This game is difficult af to decide. But I am very convinced of the following:
Key, super, and mantis are town.
One in frag, rosen, reu, or enomis is scum.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

votecount 1.05
Bulbazoor (1):
Rosen
Rosen (1):
Reubus Swagrid (SE)
Reubus Swagrid (2):
enomis (IC), Bulbazoor
Keyser Söze (1):
superbowl9
Fraggernaut (1):
Mantisdreamz (SE)
enomis (1):
Keyser Söze

Not Voting:
MiteyMouse (SE), Fraggernaut

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch

The deadline is June 1st, 9:50 PM EST.
Countdown:
(expired on 2015-06-01 21:50:00)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Hey all, I'm back. I probably should've V/LA for the weekend but I didn't. Will post posts later

@Mod
I have a predicament, I will be V/LA from the 28th until the 5th, would it be better if I replaced out?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 162, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 161, Bulbazoor wrote:I think I already scummhunted enough. Reu is good to me.

And with that, VOTE: Reubus Swagrid

This is just pure lazy, he hardly has a case on me, bugger all scum hunting too. You soft, deny you softed (which I acknowledged) and then you use that strange D1 soft as a defense against anyone who jumps on you. I'm hardly jumping on you and you use the case that if I jumped on you I would be scum. I'm not sure that's a sound logical argument.

Care to address this?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 146, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 41, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 31, enomis wrote:@Rosen:

RQS vs RVS is mainly a trend thing. But i feel that RQS is useless. I copied paste something which reflects my thoughts:
Spoiler: Albert B Rampage
This is my personal opinion. Votes generate pressure, pressure generates real information. Random questions generate misunderstandings, bias, and irrelevence, more times than not. I recommend not trying anything fancy in your first game. I'd like you to get a solid experience for your first game, especially if we can get a decent start. Random votes, competing bandwagons, these things will show you the pacing of the game, how you feel when you're voted arbitrarily or for bad reasons, how defensive you get, if you're prone to OMGUS, what your playstyle is. Are you patient and analytical, or agressive and intuitive? Do you post walls or are you concise? How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote? They are interesting starting points, but not everyone can get an emotional investment from forum mafia.

VOTE: Reubus Swagrid
In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:No, I just don't really care about other peoples TZ but on the chance that these people likely care about my TZ if they cared enough about theirs to post it I'll post mine. To me TZ doesn't seem relevant, I post when I post, as does everyone else.

This sentence Seems insincere.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:This could be applied to countless instances across the site but this is a fairly weak reason in itself. Would you say that trying to fit in is more often than not a scum based motive? Hardly indicative imo

This defense looks a bit scummy to me.

Does being insincere have connotations with being scummy? What particularly do you find a bit scummy in my post?

just to answer to this... even though it's not directed at me. being insincere definitely indicates scumminess. why would you ask the first sentence? you must know yourself, that insincerity doesn't really indicate towniness... unless you're going rogue and doing some gambit that you thinks better the town...

I've met insincere town before, yes you can use it as a case against but it's hardly a good case, being lynched because you were insincere would be silly because being insincere can come from any alignment.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 168, Bulbazoor wrote:It is nice.you will see later dude. If i was scum, why would I ever soft. At this point, a reu hammer would be good for town. But that is my opinion.

WIFOM defence

In post 120, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 106, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 95, Bulbazoor wrote:I really feel a vote count can help us at this stage. My rosen vote will not be changing as she still hasnt gotten that scum vibe off my back and i feel she still isnt defending agains my position. All she says is " oh his reason changed." I never changed reason and I never said anything to indicate i did. Rosen seems to not understand how as time passes, you notice things about their posts that werent there since the beginning. As they post new things, their style changes. You see the different style in their play besides the useless rvs at the beginning of play.

I dont see why everyone is on me because of one sentence. I suggest you start reading my other lines also.

I've read your other lines and I'm not convinced that it's just one sentence that is drawing attention to you.

In post 58, Bulbazoor wrote:Ill anwer all your concerns with me.

I would like to start out with reu and that "idk" comment. By that comment I just wanted to see everyone elses foses. Im not following the crowd, as you see in votes. Reu, why is it you are looking so much into me and enomis and are not even looking at the other players.

Bulba, why is it you are looking so much into Rosen and not even looking at the other players?

Did you even see my post. You and rose are my top scums. Enomis nullish scummish lean. Key town. Mantis null. Super towny. Mitey towny. I only get on rose because they never answer my question. Ill ask it again.... Why arent you paying attention to me and seem to be ignoring me alot.

That post coukd have easily been a soft. Its up to your interpretation. Though

I'm not ignoring you and I certainly am paying attention to you, check my ISO and work out a ratio of who I've looked at (just like I did for you), yes I know I've got some more work to do on the others, as for them I'll read up tonight.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 155, Mantisdreamz wrote:quick thoughts - still like my vote on frag (though i haven't yet read his reaction, if there was any to my vote on him).. but it's true frag, you are playing the noob card a lot!

I asked for any reads or reasoning behind it. That in a nutshell was my reaction to your vote.

If I'm playing the noob card a lot, it might be cause I'm new. Seems like a strange thing to ping someone out for In a "newbie game" but it is what it is I suppose. That's your read on me, even if it's wrong.

Also find it interesting that Bulb is scum reading me after I asked him about the soft then denying it was a soft. Then turning right back around in 160 & admitting to the soft again. Keyser had gone on me for a simular situation from my post after he pinged me. So I guess I will observe this more.

Keyser still seems town to me, as does Super & Mitey. Rosen, Reubus, & Enomis I'm null on for now. Bulb is still scummy to me. Not really sure where to put Mantis just yet, so I guess they're null as well regardless of the vote.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:54 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Aaaaaaand krystal's gone. That's interesting.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:40 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 181, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 162, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 161, Bulbazoor wrote:I think I already scummhunted enough. Reu is good to me.

And with that, VOTE: Reubus Swagrid

This is just pure lazy, he hardly has a case on me, bugger all scum hunting too. You soft, deny you softed (which I acknowledged) and then you use that strange D1 soft as a defense against anyone who jumps on you. I'm hardly jumping on you and you use the case that if I jumped on you I would be scum. I'm not sure that's a sound logical argument.

Care to address this?

I would love to address that case. (He problem overall with you is that I think your post on insincerity was pretty strange considering you are not newb.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 2:41 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I also find it interesting that frag scumreads me out of the blue.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

So because I'm experienced and incincere I must be scum? I'm not sure if that checks out, you literally have ignored what I've tried to address and instead summed up your somewhat weak read on me. Make sure you don't make the mistake of simply wanting someone to be scum, it can be a real drawback when it comes to actual scumhunting.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

My reads as they stand:

Bulba- I don't particularly like his ISO, my gut says noob townie but I could well be wrong. Trying to judge his posts hasn't made anything more clear than the were before

Super- Ooh, long posts. I really like the analysis you provide, either brilliant scum who knows a fair bit about appearing town or you're actually town. Nothing really sticks out so I'm calling this null/townlean

Fragger- I actually really haven't looked at you until now. I can agree with most of your posts and I feel as though you've got pro-town intentions. There's not too much to report so I'm also calling this null/townlean

Keyser- sound reasoning, good posting. Extremely pro-town in that regard but I'm lost as to what intentions he has. I think it's very likely that Keyser is town.

Mantis- Didn't explain why bulba was town which I thought was interesting. Nothing too flash in his ISO, null

Enomis & Mitey- Can't really say anything, null

I feel as though at least once scum is lurking right now and getting away with it.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Welcome back Mantis/Krystal! (I got you a balloon for coming back and being from ON). I agree with you on the point of overly playing the noob card. That being said, I asked everyone how much experience they had, so that may have been partly my fault.

Bulb, I don't like you . Do you intend to take a break or keep looking around? You also asked why Scum would soft at this point...breadcrumbing, that is why. Your soft claim (I was trying to ignore it and hope the Scum hadn't seen it but, now it's been all out there) is not pro Town at all. There was no reason for it and now, if you are a power role, you have a giant target on you. There is no need to hard or soft claim as Town on Day 1 unless you are about to be lynched. I do feel your pain on posting on a tablet though. Preview is my BFF.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Ok reU I really liked your post. As a result I will go back to Rosen. After alVOTE: Rosenl, she still has not done anything to help.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 185, superbowl9 wrote:Aaaaaaand krystal's gone. That's interesting.

I abused my mod power and changed the poster to respective account.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 192, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 185, superbowl9 wrote:Aaaaaaand krystal's gone. That's interesting.

I abused my mod power and changed the poster to respective account.

In post 180, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
Hey all, I'm back. I probably should've V/LA for the weekend but I didn't. Will post posts later

@Mod
I have a predicament, I will be V/LA from the 28th until the 5th, would it be better if I replaced out?

GIF, address this when you can
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by enomis »

Hey, sorry for being inactive.

Anyway, bulb is town.
Frag is also town for bringing up the soft(Don't think scum will be that obvious in rolefishing.)

I still think my vote is good on reubeus.

@Reubues:

Do you have a scum read now? Other than saying you feel that one scum is lurking and getting away with it. Who's lurking. Who do you think is more likely to be the scum btw the lurkers.

-------------------
@Keyer:

I shall put you "try too hard" townie for now. I can't read your thought process.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 158, Keyser Söze wrote:"why do you hate RVS? how many times have you played..? it seems you have played enough to realize enough that you dislike RVS"

I usually play games where the day phases last only 1-3 actual days, so not much time to analyse the votes, especially if people are away for a day or two. And even when you start looking at the random votes it's easier to miss-read people, as it's a hollow vote with hardly any meat. It seems easier for scum to hide in RVS too.

which other forum(s) are you from?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 167, superbowl9 wrote:I mean, you've already shown us how noob you are in other ways, like your pro soft D1. Nice play there.

meh

i suppose soft outing shouldn't really be done
but sometimes outing doesn't come until that person is just about to be lynched.. and then, everyone has to scramble to find a new and good lynch candidate.
and then it ends up being a poor/town lynch anyway.
this way, there is information mid game on who jumped on him.
so if we get a scum for that... maybe not this day, but next.
then it's worth it.

(i think at least)
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 171, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 153, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 68, Keyser Söze wrote:
What a load of fluff. Fell asleep half way through :lol:

he he he

Lol this fluff is
fluffy though.

despite what you mean, i'm going to take it as a good thing!

it was humorous, since i was thinking the same
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 175, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 148, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 54, Keyser Söze wrote:@Fragg, is there a reason why you sound like a mafia newb in posts 39/43, but then a seasoned scumhunting pro by post 51?

I had to look back if you were the same person :P quick learner eh? :!:

yes, a good observation

I think you're the second one to bring this up. I don't think it is a good observation, because there are plenty of people who just catch onto the game really quickly, kinda like me. You can be a newbie and still be a competent player.

that's true.

i think i just have a bias towards frag, because i truly think that he was overly playing the noob card.

and i'm not trying to be mean frag. i apologize if you are town. it was just the repetition of it.. that makes me wonder if you're using it as a crutch.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 176, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 152, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 59, Keyser Söze wrote:I like Bulbs' defence.

^this.

and you pointing this out, is another reason why i think you are town as well.

it would be easy enough to jump on bulb.

Not really. If you actually read the post it's a blatant attack on frag, whom he was already attacking. Why would he just switch people to attack out of the blue?

well here is what i was referring to:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6880800

i liked bulb's defense on keyser

keyser pointed out that he could be laying seeds, in bulb's statement: "idk, what do you guys think?"

i thought that bulb answered very directly.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”