elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by elusive »

I already also explained to him that Andrius and PB had a daychat where they discussed town and scum reads and a bunch of stuff about this game and I had read that. So he's the one not reading. I don't need to repeat statements. I should have to explain the obvious. PB and Andrius had a neighbor chat in which they hoped to pass on information to Toogle and discussed the game.

I also don't understand if he was my biggest ally, what in the world changed for him to do a 360 or focus on his supposed "ally" which I'm going to translate as highest townread instead of scum? Like, how does that make sense?

You want to vote me for playstyle that's your prerogative but if you played with me in DOA then you wouldn't be barking up this tree.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Bookitty »

It's always okay to attack the role or the play. Calling someone scummy or even Scummy McScumister is fine. Saying their play is abyssmal, pathetic, disgusting is fine.

Calling the player names or insulting them as a human being is not cool. I can take it, personally, but I don't like it when it's directed at others because it can make them not want to play, not want to participate and generally feel bad. The game is for fun imo. Making it unfun for others is counterproductive regardless of alignment. It makes people want to avoid you and avoid interacting with you.

Since this is a social game, that's bad, mmmkay?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by elusive »

Sure, people make it unfun for me as well through certain behaviors. This maybe me a social game but its not like most social games like Apples to Apples, its a hyper competitive game where a certain number of people are lying to another group who has to figure their lies out. You are never going to find scum by being nice to them and accepting their illogical behavior or AtE or misreps.

Things that irk me greatly are: not reading, stupid tunneling, or illogical attacks. People don't make it unfun for me, I don't make it unfun for them. Every game where people tunnel me illogically ad naseum that brings out my worst side. Otherwise you can go through my Wiki for the cheery games. I liked this theme and entered in a happy mood. Almost immediately I'm faced with one player not reading and making bizarre statements. Any "vibe" "chakra" style BS scum reads or FOS also does not sit well with me either. Want me to engage - use logic\evidence\quotes\meta\analysis. Want to see my worst side, play like this is Town of Salem and analysis is not possible.

I keep saying this, but know the player you're dealing with. Don't like fire? Don't put your hand on the flame and instead use gloves. If this is a social game, then people are different. Scum have now, in a pattern each game, tried to tunnel me and distract me with stupid logic. In DOA Marquis tried to project his role on me and eventually self-voted out of sheer frustration. I make it hard for scum to mess with me, if town act like scum there's nothing I can do. Every game on my Wiki I can point out the scum and their play.

I'm not claiming any amazing abilities, I can often identify scum but have trouble getting them lynched. That's latter half I'm still working on. I am hyper competitive, emotional and type A so again know the player you're dealing with.

This whole convo in itself frustrates me because I could be ISOing Broseiden instead of dealing with this and this is just a useless delay.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by elusive »

I'm actually just going to stop with this game, right now. PMed the mod I had an aggressive and somewhat abrasive playstyle. If that's not acceptable, then he or she will let me know and I'll replace out.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2652, elusive wrote:
Things that irk me greatly are: not reading

Go on...
This team is ruining my life!
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by elusive »

Obviously the obvious that should be obvious isn't obvious.

Tell me something, simply is there a difference between reading 100+ pages with over 2500 posts and reading the relatively short posts of someone who you claim to be your "greatest ally" which must mean "highest town read"? Yes or no?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

We are NOT going to lynch Elusive today.

Today is either LLD or TWL.

If we want to screen her then I'd be kinda ok.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Also would like to see a tl;dr case on Snow.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by elusive »

Screen sangres because in my experience the points about ABR are true and if sangres is nacho + ffery then having them townfirmed will be awesome because their like legends. If they're screen comes out scum then also great because finding ffery as scum is a Herculean task.

I don't mind being screened but its such a waste because my role flavor is out in the open and flavor = alignment this game quite obviously, I have a neighbor chat with PB, I have a fun little PR ability and etc.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

We are already screening them. I can understand wanting to not read 100+ pages but please make an effort to catchup.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2628, Bookitty wrote:And NotAnAxehole joins my town list just like that.

I hate this "I don't read" stuff so much. He's also absolutely right about CKD being town pretty much from the moment he entered the game.

I thought Andrius was probably town. That's wearing thin just now, though.

VOTE: Lady LambdaDelta

I trust this wagon most because of the people on it right now.

Bad.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2656, Nero Cain wrote:We are NOT going to lynch Elusive today.

Agreed, I think she's town.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2661, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 2656, Nero Cain wrote:We are NOT going to lynch Elusive today.

Agreed, I think she's town.

Though, I would include snowstorm in the lynch pool.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2601, Nikanor wrote:
In post 2542, NotAnAxehole wrote:SnowStorm vs LLD looks like VT vs VT... If either was scum, it would surprise me less if SnowStorm flipped scum. Given my read on him, it's not much of a risk to lynch him, so out of the current wagons, I will probably be joining the SnowStorm wagon... I don't think it's an optimal lynch, but I think it's good enough. I don't see how this lynch is better than RIP (who I have a similar read on at the moment, but that's not going anywhere.

Why are you comparing wagons based on how good the player would be to policy lynch? Don't you have any scum reads to lynch?

It's not about comparing the best policy lynch, I'm trying to figure out which is the best lynch of the wagons because I don't see a new wagon taking off. I don't necessarily have a strong scum read on anyone at the moment... I'm more looking at the best lynch order of my "possibly scum" reads, and, for simplicity, I'm confining that to the available lynch targets.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 2658, elusive wrote:
flavor = alignment this game quite obviously

What?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 2620, elusive wrote:Nikanor, maybe I'm biased because I know the slot is town but Andrius seemed to be playing pretty well? I'm going to ISO and do reads later on today or tomorrow post RL stuff. I also have the neighbor chat with Peacebringer, but am unclear on how his role works as he and Andrius mostly talk about their town reads and scumreads.

Yeah but even if you're town and know that Andrius was town, you have no way of actually telling us what motivation Andy had to put ooba or BROseidon in his scum reads because Andy never posted anything about that. You can't even tell me why my theory about Andrius distancing from ooba by putting him in his scum pile postscan might be wrong.
In post 2620, elusive wrote:What is your take Axe and Nikanor on CuriousDog, I'm going to ignore it for now but am I the only one who finds it playing dumb and asking really ridiculous questions that have been answered already?

I think that everything ckd posts is ridiculous but I also don't understand why you haven't simply answered him? All he wants is for you to either unvote or explain why you're voting for TWL. Just read TWL's iso. Trust me, it doesn't take long, I've done it like eleven times. I even gave you a cheat sheet of what to look for. Just step away from the game, do some actual work, and come back with content.
In post 2627, NotAnAxehole wrote:Definitely not mine, not Nikanor, not Mantis (I'm using examples from people I know as to not accidentally offend anyone).

My posting has been perfect, and to suggest otherwise is a slight on my honour. I've been on this site since before you even played your first game of werewolf, son, and frankly, I've had enough of your devil-may-care attitude. Fuck you, fuck your relatives, and most of all, fuck the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Battlestar Galactica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Battlestar Galactica »

“Remember, just head away from the sound of gunfire.”
“What about you?”
“We’re heading towards the gunfire.” –
Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama and Laura Roslin

VOTE COUNT 3.09

Lady Lambdadelta (5)
- Toogeloo, Mantisdreamz, SnowStorm, Brian Skies, Bookitty,
THE WRONG LYNCH (4)
- Nikanor, Nero Cain, elusive, RIP,
SnowStorm (4)
- sangres, Lady Lambdadelta, AngryPidgeon, Porochaz
Nikanor (1)
- THE WRONG LYNCH

Not voting (2)
- curiouskarmadog, NotAnAxehole

SCREEN COUNT (CONFIRMED)

sangres (9-SCREENED)
- AngryPidgeon, Bookitty, NotAnAxehole, RIP, Nero Cain, elusive, curiouskarmadog, Toogeloo, Porochaz
SnowStorm (1)
- Mantisdreamz

Not voting (7)
- sangres, THE WRONG LYNCH, ValiliaRei, Lady Lambdadelta, Brian Skies, SnowStorm, Nikanor

With 17 alive, it'll take 9 votes to lynch. You may no longer vote to screen as a target has been confirmed. ValiliaRei may not vote on the lynch Today.

RIP and Nero Cain have been prodded

Porochaz is v/la until the 6th June
AngryPidgeon is v/la until the 30th May
ValilaRei is v/la until the 26th May

Deadline: (expired on 2015-05-29 12:17:00)

Right. Calm down, everyone. Consider this a general warning, and if anyone wants to see just how far you can push me, then go ahead.

Also, for the next two weeks, please CC any PMs to my Nexus account, as I'm liable to forget to log in on the hydra. Ta.
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.

Nexus/CDB modding hydra. Battlestar Galactica Mafia is in Day 4.
ValiliaRei
ValiliaRei
Goon
ValiliaRei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by ValiliaRei »

@Nero
- I've asked this before, but you never answered - why were you townreading Andrius before he replaced out?

@TWL
- Can you please answer my question from ?

If you guys aren't going to answer/can't answer/don't want to answer/think my questions are stupid, can you just say that so I can move on?

Sangres hasn't posted the town stuff they see in LLD. They've pretty much dropped off the radar ever since the screen was locked on them, which doesn't put them in a good light.

I don't like the SnowStorm wagon. The points LLD brought up concerning his voting patterns aren't convincing me. I ISO'd him and I liked his explanation of why he moved to the BRO wagon.

Speaking of voting patterns, Porochaz's voting patterns late day one are strange. A few days away from deadline, he voted LLD, voted BRO (L-2 vote), voted NAA to try to get another wagon going even though it was late in the day, and then unvoted all in the span of several hours. He never did end up voting for anyone. I'm wondering if he was trying to get another wagon to stick while at the same time trying to make it look like he thought BRO may be kinda scummy.

I really want TWL to answer my question regarding their reads on me and ooba before, after, and around the time Brian Skies came out with his guilty on ooba.

LLD is doing more now, but I don't like her push on SnowStorm and I wonder if her newfound activity (such as it is) is only because pressure was placed on her.

If I could vote right now, it would probably be TWL. I agree with Nero that the fake guilty thing was weird and connected to that, even though they had a scum read on me they never voted for me and their reads on ooba and me were never explained beyond, "I dunno, gut I guess."
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

This is me deliberately avoiding a prod.

Also, I don't see anything LLD's been doing as anything different from her choosing a different person to tunnel after Toog's been taken off the table.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

had to step away for a bit...I have lightly skimmed the past 2 pages, and decided I needed to take some time before I post. I will do the reread I need to do and read the stuff that I missed by the end of the day (today) and vote (LLD or Snow).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:22 am

Post by RIP »

Can we ban elusive, I really don't feel like playing with her/him.
What a toxic player, for real.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 4:15 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2667, ValiliaRei wrote:Sangres hasn't posted the town stuff they see in LLD.

I didn't realize there was a request for more about why Nacho is townreading LLD. I texted him. he'll post more when he can.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 7:27 am

Post by RIP »

That snowstorm wagon looks dirty.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 8:15 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Town due to role reveal
Bookitty
Brian Skies
Toogeloo
ValiliaRei
PB

Town due to reads (in order)
CuriousKarmaDog

With CuriousKarmaDog, there is really no doubt in my mind that he is town. His play is a little goofy, and I have pointed out my dislike for it on several occasions throughout the game. The biggest thing that strikes me as town is the way he's handled our relationship. If he is scum, then he did an impecable job at playing me, which I highly doubt given the style of his posting... It doesn't seem like an elaborate plan to get me to town rep him, it seems more like a "holy shit" plan why am I stuck in this role? Given the urgency and almost "panic" in some of his posts, I can't assume that it's anything other than sincere.
Nikanor

With Nikanor, I believe pretty strongly in my ability to read him... This never having been done on a forum. It is a different beast entirely, but at this point, I have to go with my gut... His posting has been cautious which worries me, but overall, I think it's more consistent with his behavior as town than as scum. I was getting concerned when he was more disconnected from the game, but then I thought about it and figured it was probably more due to perceived quality and availability as opposed to anything else. His reads make sense with what he's capable of and his voting patterns also make sense to that.
Nero Cain

This one has some to do with his voting restriction, some to do with his play. I don't particularly like either, but both seem to scream town to me.
Elusive

Unfortunately...
Angry Pidgeon

Like Elusive, his posting coming into the game was pretty much exactly what we could expect from this guy (despite being at the opposite end of the spectrum). Early on, I had my concerns more out of fear that Angry Pidgeon scum could be unstoppable than actual reads (I've obviously never played with him before, but I already noted he strikes me as a strong plater). He seems very town, so I will leave that read as it is, everyone leaves a trail if they're scum... I'm pretty confident this one is not at this stage.
Sangres

Getting screened...
SnowStorm
Lady Lambdadelta

For both SnowStorm and Lady Lamdadelta, I feel like they're playing exactly as I would expect for them if they were town, I don't really know how to express this... It's just gut.
RIP

This pains me, I re-thought it... I really want to lynch him though :(

Slight Town Reads
The Wrong Lynch

I think...

Null/Slight Scum
Mantisdreamz
Porochaz

Spoiler:

Other reasons as well, but I would have to re-read in order to clearly express them... Will do at a later time (it's definitely not urgetn given they won't be up for lynch today at all regardless what I say).

Spoiler: If none of my scum reads are up for lynch - Lynch Preference
RIP
LLD
SnowStorm
Nikanor
Sangres
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 8:16 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

^ All preferences are in order top down.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”