Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Heartless »

Anyway... :igmeou:

We've kind of been out of the game for a few days now and floating along. Our reads were in serious need of refreshment and we did it this morning. Anti and I had a great conversation about this at breakfast and we later co-wrote this post. I edited it to make it flow as best I could and make the writing styles mesh into one, but if there are point-of-view shifts know that we both wrote this. These aren't all-encompassing, but these are the most important reads.

How Our Reads Stand

Top Tier Townreads
: RedCoyote, Wanderer-nl, CB, Feirei

RedCoyote got off to a slow start which I took as a red flag, but his play improved significantly as the game went on. There are little points in his favor, like him telling Victor what he didn't want to hear (), but overall his reads look legit. For a perfect example of what I'm talking about, look no further than the read on Jeanne (). There's really no reason for him to defend her regardless of her actual alignment. It's a town read on an unpopular slot, but he doesn't lean on it too hard to where it comes off as white-knight-ish or over-the-top. The fact that Nacho town read him and apparently has a rapport with RedCoyote doesn't hurt either.

I town read Wanderer very early on and while I can understand what TTH's causes for concern were, I have no reason to look back. Going through the ISO, there's disturbances in continuity which I think flow pretty well and don't seem to be helpful in pushing a pro-scum agenda (i.e. the change of attitude on shooting lurkers and the change of heart on enomis). None of what she says seems cookie-cutter and just what everyone wants to hear. That, by itself, is pretty good evidence for a town mindset.

What TTH and Suzune have had to say about CB has shaken my faith a little in the CB townread, which I haven't touched in a while. Now that I've thought about it, CB is a tough case but I'm going to trust my gut here and keep him as town for a few reasons. It's true that he does speak in generalities and theory a lot, but that's a pretty common strategy newbs employ since that's really the only handle they have to grab onto to get them into the game. There's just the right about of cheekiness mixed in there and the reads flow pretty appropriately (the julien read in is a good example of what I'm talking about).

Feirei's a bit of a leap of faith since Feirei himself didn't really do much, but I think my gut's good on this one and I really don't see the early game play from deep-city-lights coming from scum. The abrasiveness in is appropriate, not over-the-top, and comes off as townish and the scum read on vonflare is pretty good.

People I would nominate for shooting:
vonflare, MaxwellPuckett, Flubbernugget

vonflare is a universal scumread for very good reason. He caught a lot of heat in the early game, the heat died down, and he subsequently went on to... start active lurking and doing fuck all to actually advance the game or develop his reads. We were promised a case on West9 which, shockingly, we never got (). The reason he gave for scumreading West9 is kind of strawmanny and awkward in the first place. Not following through on what's reportedly a big scum read shows that he doesn't really give a shit who gets shot and is just kind of floating along with mushy reads.

Now, let's revisit our favorite old friend, Flubbernugget.
Let me just start off this rant by calling all sorts of bullshit all over the "this is townFlubber meta" crowd. Bullshit. You want a game where Flubber gets caught with his pants down and then starts blustering about misrep and how it's oh-so-scummy to push him? Here's Drawn on Arrival again. If you're short on time, just go to Flubber's ISO and then search for "Marquis," who (correctly) called him as scum and was subsequently engaged in bluster-filled 1v1 similar to the one we're having now. How do I know the push on us right now is bullshit? Because, at it's core, it's founded on nothing other than "they're scumreading me" and instead of proving why the push is scum-motivated, he chooses to pick stupid side battles on petty bullshit and hammer away on those. The crap about pablito at the beginning of the day is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Instead of just head-on confronting our accusation of him kissing pablito's ass with a "no I wasn't" he takes everyone down a rabbit hole of semantics and some horse shit about how he was just speculating on behalf of Victor and some generalities about the merits of Nacho's posting.

It's all noise.

Why?

So that he can get this:
In post 775, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 773, Feirei wrote:I think the Heartless vs Flubber is Town vs Town

I was hoping to never end up being named in a post like this

Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep

Oh bullshit. This is exactly what he wanted. To make enough noise to where people would just go "fuck it. it's TvT." He doesn't give a shit about the read on us. If he actually did, it would actually exist for the whole game to see and judge. He would actually be
pushing a read
instead of just screaming and putting us on "shoot" lists, which he knows damn good and well pablito has no intention of following. He knows the push doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell. But instead of doing what town would do, shove it down everyone else's throats, he's riding the shouting match to townreads via the lazy "Town v Town" that's so fucking typical on this site.

Super fun bonus
: If vonflare ends up being a scum goon, you can add "turbobussed a useless scumbuddy for towncred" to the similarities between DoA and here.

Maxwell is a scumread of ours that seems to be in the collective blind spot because he's "active." Not so. Actual "activity" in the ISO is a lot lower than his post count would suggest. The reads he actually conform pretty well to the consensus. The notable exception is the objection to Nacho's strategy (), which I think is crappy, cookie-cutter, and not really appropriate for the situation anyway. The thing that bugs me the most about it is the really elliptical way he goes about the read on us. What "flips and information" is he waiting on that's going to shore up the read? We don't know and he never tells us. It's just kind of a generic thing to say that doesn't really address anything and isn't really appropriate to the conversation.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 10:42 am

Post by West9 »

In post 819, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 812, West9 wrote:
In post 787, Flubbernugget wrote:Yes even the mafia, even if its less so than the town. Making the mafia vote like pablito was pushing for made them act in a pro-town manner because it gave town more information to find them with.

Sorry to respond to a question with a question, but: You mean the way he's making them vote as gunbearer?

Even before he was a gunbearer

Mmkay. You asked what standards had to do with anything. I agree with Heartless about your thinking of pablito as a good gunbearer, and about how it kind of came out of nowhere and seemed weird. Your answer to this question makes it clear that it's not the blatant contradiction I thought it'd be, though. I'm gonna sit on this one & think about it.
In post 813, pablito wrote:Nah, I'm not shooting
julien
suzune

Why not? Is it still because you want replacement friction to settle down?
In post 829, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:WE should shoot flubbernugget and if flubbernugget is scum, WE should shoot Jeanne, Wanderer and CB

Your vote is still on me. Why is your vote still on me? Why aren't you explaining why your vote is on me? How come you still haven't explained your CB scumread?
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 10:47 am

Post by West9 »

In post 585, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:WE do hope that the person you want to be shot is on the left.
WE already know who WE will shoot if WE get the gun.

^At this point, it's obvious that this wasn't at all true. Why'd you even say it?
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by CB »

In post 836, Suzune wrote:
This doesn't make sense to me. Are you accusing me of sheeping people? Some reads I liked I sheeped some I had come up on my own. I can only really think of maybe one consensus read right now and that is Wanderer is town and I was the first one to call her town I think.
No, I did not accuse you of sheeping people, rather I accused you of adapting your style to fall into the shadows.
You noticed behaviors the town liked and you started picking them up.
This is good playing, and I do not dislike you for it rather I applaud you, however, it is still a scum practice and you are doing it very neatly.

Such as?

Also what do you mean about falling into the shadows?

Huh what mistakes did I point out?

None. You just comment generally on things rather then look for specific details. Your posts are friendly but generally lack in substance. So you appear helpful without moving the story along much. In my opinion at least, everyone does not have to share it. It was honestly my first impression when reading the game and the first note I wrote down.

Meh I believe I have commented generally and looked at specifics. Also how do you differentiate between mistake finding and scum hunting in game?

Finding out how mafia and town should act is a pretty good way to find out who is mafia and town. Do you disagree?

No good sir, I do not disagree. However, I was merely pointing out the a good majority of what you say in this game is theory crafting. While I enjoy people who wax poetically about mafia, styles and strategies, there comes a time when you need to apply the theory you craft. Crafting is great but using it to build is better.

Huh a lot of the reads I put out are based on that theory crafting on how town and scum will feel about this game.

All I meant, was that you seemed to hold back your opinion on people more if you were unfamiliar with them. You prefaced the reads on them as though you could not be certain because you did not have meta on them. People's actions should be able to be judged by the current game without meta. Or at least that is my standpoint. Is what a scumtell? Asking that question? Hardly, it was simply an observation of mine.

Well I have only played with one person here before so you won't have to worry about me bringing up meta. And I was asking if me prefacing a post with I don't know their meta a scumtell for you. It almost looked like you were trying to be deliberately antagonistic if not.

For someone who was so obviously town to everyone, I wondered how they could say that with such inconclusive evidence.

I don't really know. At first I thought scum were trying to buddy up with me by calling me town on so little but then everyone started town reading me so who knows maybe I am just an easy town read.

Townies that do not know what to do in a game like this tend to lurk our of insecurity of playing something unfamiliar, also, if you do not have strong opinions or ideas you would not want to attract getting shot because then you would be forced with making the next target. This is just a perspective viewpoint, I have played a few games like this before and I have seen it happen.

I don't agree here. I feel like the unique feature of this game is the gun bearer and I believe it was the reason most people signed up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In post 838, pablito wrote:
Suzune vs. CB - keep it up.

As such, can I ask Heartless to come back to try to tear apart PN?

And maybe Flubber to go back on vonflare. That energy is greatly appreciated and I wish it weren't just specific to dyads here. It's almost as if town (or mafia) is setting up some interesting dyads of town vs. mafia...or I hope not mafia vs. mafia.

As such, I hope to see Maxwell tear someone apart and can't wait to see who it could be.

wanderer-nl and vonflare already had their stints previously in the game, so I think they deserve a break from the outright argumentation for now.

It is like you are running a cock fighting ring :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In post 842, Wanderer-nl wrote:
I'm also annoyed that people are suddenly seeing a scum!enomis while when I was still scumreading him it wasn't supported. I won't scream town on enomis (my townread isn't that strong) but wtf guys?

Why do you think he is town? You explained why you rescinded your scum read of him but you never explained your town read.

In post 843, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@CB: you already answered why town would lurk this game, do you remember?

Yep I remembered. I wanted to hear a new perceptive though.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by West9 »

Sorry for the triple post, but Suzune's entrance post just read to me as off and I wanted to parse through it and find out why that was.
In post 826, Suzune wrote:When I started reading this I thought it was clear that he was mafia.

The evidence you provide after this claim is kind of wishy-washy, "I'm afraid this might be playstyle"-y stuff. What did you see that lead you to project the read with such force and clarity here? ALSO: Your interactions with CB don't make it seem like you're this sure about him being scum.
In post 826, Suzune wrote:Others who have caught my eye as being potentially mafia are Feirei and millar. They seem to be quite inactive and their posts add little to the game. In a game like this the town might want to lurk, however it is not protown to at least aid in investigation.

How come Feirei and Miller in particular? What makes them different from other lurkers, like Lucky, Jeanne, and vonflare?
In post 826, Suzune wrote:By this logic, as long as the shot is made then who cares the result. However, while killing more people does limit the margin of error on the hands of the gunbearer, it does not really aid the town.

This is a really weird and specific claim. What posts lead to to this conclusion?
In post 826, Suzune wrote:For someone who seems to not care who dies and who lives, it makes me wonder why he does not claim to not care if he gets shot since he will then have the gun.

Again, it's weird that you leave people like Lucky and Jeanne out of this analysis.
In post 836, Suzune wrote:You just comment generally on things rather then look for specific details

I'm curious as to why you are harping on CB about this, but are totally okay with this being your heartless read:
In post 826, Suzune wrote:As far as heartless goes, I think they are probably town. This is the first game I have ever played with a hydra so I have no experience. So going just off of their posting style and the things they say, I think they seem pretty town.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 823, RedCoyote wrote:
In post 813, pablito wrote:So Right now, I'm assuming you want Flubber and PN.

Yeah.

Welcome, Suzune! :]

Good news: I think you are replacing into a town slot!
Bad news: I'm probably the only one that thinks so, lol.

PSA: I misspoke in this post. I thought Suzune was replacing Jeanne's slot, not julien's.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Suzune »

@Suzunne: who are your townreads besides Heartless?

I promise I will get to you in just a second I am going to respond to these other two posts. To make it simple I will post responses to CB in one and to West in another.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 851, West9 wrote:
julien
suzune

I want to give time for reads (for better or worse) to grown on Suzune. Even if I feel that Suzune is the closest thing to 99% scum, I feel comfortable this DP in making the shot that will give us the best flip for good positioning for the future. I will likely project my shot well in advance to hear information on all sides on this read. I don't feel that a Suzune shot will give us much information right now.

In post 853, CB wrote:It is like you are running a cock fighting ring :lol:

Yes, please place all bets. I got 3-1 on Heartless, 5-1 on PN, 3-2 on a tie.

Right now, I'm going to strike off a few from my list. I plan on making a super short list soon too.

In post 803, pablito wrote:Those that I am still considering to shoot:
enomis, Feirei, Flubbernugget, Lucky2u, MaxwellPuckett, millar13, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare, West9

Okay.

Feirei - I'm getting a good sense from Feirei and I also liked d-c-l a lot. But most of all, my biggest town read is on Heartless right now, and Heartless says Feirei feels town, so I'm going to agree with that too. Plus, I'd like to see a lot more from Feirei before I fully throw Feirei into my town-pile. Right now Feirei is on the cusp of it. I get a good sense from Feirei's jabs that they're coming from town role more than scum. It does not feel like it's sheeping anyone at all.

Lucky2u and millar13 - These two guys don't deserve any of my attention and they are doing nothing to earn it. They're noise and whether they're town or mafia, they're not being helpful for the town. I do not want to waste one of my shots on them. I have nothing against someone making this shot though. Also, I don't think they should earn the GB if they're town, because they've done nothing. If they're mafia, I believe they're goons and there's no reason to shoot them yet.

I feel like I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to take off Flubbernugget off the shot list for this DP. Flubber has come alive in a huge way for me during this DP from the beginning to the end. There's enough activity and enough aggressiveness that I'm strongly reconsidering my read on Flubber. I am open to expanding and explicating on my read on Flubber. But from the field, I would much prefer if you try to avoid mentioning Flubber for now. I'd much rather you try to convince me on who I should shoot of all the others. I will comment more on Flubber later before I make a shot.

enomis,
Feirei, Flubbernugget, Lucky2u,
MaxwellPuckett,
millar13
, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare, West9

This leaves enomis, MaxwellPuckett, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare and West9. I have 2 on this list I want to take off, but I'm going to wait a bit too. But I'm going to give a chance for people to revise any nominations list and make any last minute arguments for or against someone else in case. An initial short-list of 5 is enough to get some good discussion, but I'd like to make a final list of 3 by end of weekend or Saturday if possible.

I feel that there's several obvious mafia goons lingering around, but I don't feel comfortable just making a safe shot, much like Nacho would've wanted to do. With the newly explained win condition (and it makes much more sense now), it means that no matter what, we only need one guaranteed town read in the end. As long as we all agree to keep that one person alive by the end of the game, by process of elimination, we'll get rid of all vengeful and goons. Easier said than done though. Especially, since I'm starting to believe that in the list of 5 that Nacho made (pablito, wanderer, CB, RC, Heartless), there's one mafia, and maybe one vengeful.
Sup, later.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Suzune »

Such as?

Also what do you mean about falling into the shadows?
I apologize, it is merely theory in my opinion. However it seemed to fit as it went along, I was interested to see whether it held weight. In my last several mafia games that person who becomes everyone's favorite townread has been the leading mafia. I am not saying I am incorrect, however, this instead provides full discloser about where I am coming from. I read the entire game in one day, I did not experience it so whether the tones and things are different I know not. However, to me, it looks like you began to take on the style of writing that the gunbearer at the time was using. Your posts became really similar and everyone began to say how town you are. Whether you started slow or not is another question.

By falling into the shadows I am suggesting that you used the town status to obtained to be less active since no one was reading you scum, there was no reason to be active. You were safe in other words. Did that make sense?

Meh I believe I have commented generally and looked at specifics. Also how do you differentiate between mistake finding and scum hunting in game?
For me personally, it comes down to phrasing, how you say and comment on what you see. When people shoot lots of small holes in arguments but do not back them up or use them in any shape or extent then that is finding small mistakes because you are looking for others to notice. When you are scum hunting your are independently backing your opinions and perceptions on evidence. That to me is the difference.

Huh a lot of the reads I put out are based on that theory crafting on how town and scum will feel about this game.
I apologise, I do not understand why you do not understand what I am saying. Let me try again. I am saying that theory crafting is good and an excellent skill for both town and mafia alike. However, it is one thing to wax poetically about theories and another thing to use the potential theories to back your reads. This is the difference. I feel that you are suggesting theories but not backing them up.

Well I have only played with one person here before so you won't have to worry about me bringing up meta. And I was asking if me prefacing a post with I don't know their meta a scumtell for you. It almost looked like you were trying to be deliberately antagonistic if not.
Oh goodness, I do not mean to be antagonistic. I am so sorry if you feel I am antagonising you. I did not mean to. It just appeared strange that you would preface weaker posts, in my opinion, with that.

I don't really know. At first I thought scum were trying to buddy up with me by calling me town on so little but then everyone started town reading me so who knows maybe I am just an easy town read.
Reading is not my strongest suit, I tend to watch the flow and look for consistences, therefore I remain in the same position I was in earlier. I do not know understand why you are such a universal townread.

I don't agree here. I feel like the unique feature of this game is the gun bearer and I believe it was the reason most people signed up.
This may be more of a fault of reading the entire topic rather then living it. However, that is the interpretation I drew from reading everyone's comments.

Goodness, you are going to blow through a lot of my day read notes.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@CB: you wanted to know why I was townreading enomis now. Here it is. If you have any questions I'd like to hear them.
In post 798, Wanderer-nl wrote:enomis actually shifted to become a townread for me. His questions to me earlier felt like he was misrepping me but after reevaluating it's probably misscummunication. He also didn't actually call me scum during that questioning so I don't know how I got there. Because he explained he had an early townread on me I'm now seeing his questioning as figuring me out instead of misrepping me.
CB has looked town to me from the start. I'm still not too sure about RC myself but I'm willing to put him on the do-no-shoot-soon list too.
Flubber reads town to me too but that's just a small meta-thing, I've played with scumFlubber and this doesn't look like it.

Most to least: CB, enomis, Flubber, RC.

I would like to move west9 to my do-not-shoot-soon list because I like how he doesn't fall for that big post from Suzunne just because it looks like she did work so must be town.

PEdit:
Nah nothing to edit.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Suzunne, I'm really curious how you feel about my slot.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Suzune 826 wrote:Everyone seems to unanimously agree that he is town. Why?

Rational thinking. I find him deconstructing posts in such a way that looks like it comes from town. See some of his earlier content surrounding play theory. The tipping point for me came when he really gave pablito a once over early on. That just screamed to me like a player that was unafraid of putting potentially unpopular opinions out there and explaining why he felt that way.

I looked at both pieces of evidence you posted, and I don't really see anything wrong with them. in particular is very open and honest about where his reads are. I don't see what's so wrong with this.

One point I will give you is the "I've never played with this person but..." qualifier. CB may be using that more than is to be expected of town, but to fair, some players have been bringing it up a bit. Nacho puts good stock into meta, and I think that's transparent in some of his reads. While I don't necessarily put as much stock in meta, I do put quite a bit of stock in townNacho, and I have been very vocal about this.

Suzune 826 wrote:Others who have caught my eye as being potentially mafia are Feirei and millar. They seem to be quite inactive and their posts add little to the game. In a game like this the town might want to lurk, however it is not protown to at least aid in investigation.

What do you think of the idea of players deliberately playing anti-town in order to try and game people into shooting them so that they may "have fun" as a gun-bearer? I think this is the case with millar.

---

Max 832 wrote:My 'no one shoot this slot' was saying that I think her opening posts are towny. I think it's going too far to say she's super-confirmed town, or even my strongest townread. It was just an exaggerated way of saying I liked her opening post, I didn't mean for it to come off as anything besides that.

Eh, I kind of dislike this. This really reads like backpedaling. I get that it can be construed as a figure of speech, but still...

---

RE: pablito's I'm willing to let Suzune play out longer. I like her contributions though I'm not quite sold on the depth just yet. She's good enough to take off my shoot list though. I'll replace her with enomis.

That PN hasn't picked up the ball and ran with it RE: Suzune's CB scumread tells me he is totally insincere and would probably be my top shot at the moment.

---

pablito 857 wrote:I feel that there's several obvious mafia goons lingering around, but I don't feel comfortable just making a safe shot, much like Nacho would've wanted to do. With the newly explained win condition (and it makes much more sense now), it means that no matter what, we only need one guaranteed town read in the end. As long as we all agree to keep that one person alive by the end of the game, by process of elimination, we'll get rid of all vengeful and goons. Easier said than done though. Especially, since I'm starting to believe that in the list of 5 that Nacho made (pablito, wanderer, CB, RC, Heartless), there's one mafia, and maybe one vengeful.

2 scum in 4 people? Really? :/

I'd really like to have a dialogue with you about this. Do you think it's on account of the mod's announcement? CB and Heartless have only continually grown more townie to me. Wanderer, eh, I'm not very comfortable with Wanderer, frankly, but I think it's in the town's best interests for me to table that suspicion.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the power that goes to your head when you get the gun, but there's this inclination to want to prove Nacho wrong. Victor had it, and now it's seemingly seeping into you, pablito. I strongly, strongly think it's the wrong thing to focus on Nacho's "do not shoot" list. I also strongly disagree with your comment about not feeling comfortable taking a safe shot. By all means, take the safe shot! Scum is scum is scum. Build momentum for goodness sakes. One scum flip would do us wonders right now.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Suzune »

@West:

The evidence you provide after this claim is kind of wishy-washy, "I'm afraid this might be playstyle"-y stuff. What did you see that lead you to project the read with such force and clarity here? ALSO: Your interactions with CB don't make it seem like you're this sure about him being scum.
We seem to be having a difference of opinion here, that is okay. I am not saying he is one hundred percent scum. I just think it has a lot of potential. Seeing the reaction of others and listening to their opinions is important in finding out their alignment. So I would not or ever actually go into something guns blazing, first I want to listen and then discuss.

How come Feirei and Miller in particular? What makes them different from other lurkers, like Lucky, Jeanne, and vonflare?
I apologise, large game and I did not comment on everyone. They were just people who's interactions have caught my eye. Simple as that. Lurkers did not catch my eye because they were quiet. I did already comment on my not writing anything for Jeanne. I did not realise that everyone was so fixated on that spot.

In post 826, Suzune wrote:
By this logic, as long as the shot is made then who cares the result. However, while killing more people does limit the margin of error on the hands of the gunbearer, it does not really aid the town.

This is a really weird and specific claim. What posts lead to to this conclusion?

Two categories the first being people that he mildly suggest but never backs up
post 279, post 355, post 448,

The second being impatience and quite frustrated reads:post 390, post 575, post 683

I mean, my opinion on the situations surrounding the posts are also factored in. However, in my opinion that is what it looked like.

Again, it's weird that you leave people like Lucky and Jeanne out of this analysis.

Why are you so fixated on those two? I already commented on Jeanne. Again, since I read the game and took notes, they were not really worth mentioning because they did so little so far that I did not have a good read on them.

I'm curious as to why you are harping on CB about this, but are totally okay with this being your heartless read:
I know, he pointed it out, it was a stupid read. I thought I should say something because there seemed to be so much controversy on the topic about heartless.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 857, pablito wrote:
In post 851, West9 wrote:
julien
suzune

I want to give time for reads (for better or worse) to grown on Suzune. Even if I feel that Suzune is the closest thing to 99% scum, I feel comfortable this DP in making the shot that will give us the best flip for good positioning for the future. I will likely project my shot well in advance to hear information on all sides on this read. I don't feel that a Suzune shot will give us much information right now.
Please do not shoot me now...the last thing I want is the gun on just entering the game. Think of the notes I would have to take in order to not be manipulated. I shudder the thought.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 860, Wanderer-nl wrote:Suzunne, I'm really curious how you feel about my slot.
I feel like I am in the spotlight for some reason. Anyway, if you are curious I will write something up when I finish eating.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 861, RedCoyote wrote:

Suzune 826 wrote:Others who have caught my eye as being potentially mafia are Feirei and millar. They seem to be quite inactive and their posts add little to the game. In a game like this the town might want to lurk, however it is not protown to at least aid in investigation.

What do you think of the idea of players deliberately playing anti-town in order to try and game people into shooting them so that they may "have fun" as a gun-bearer? I think this is the case with millar.

I am sort of the town is a team thinker...so sadly it had not crossed my mind. In the early few pages I disregarded things as teasing, however, as the game went on I began to just read scum.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 864, Suzune wrote:
In post 860, Wanderer-nl wrote:Suzunne, I'm really curious how you feel about my slot.
I feel like I am in the spotlight for some reason. Anyway, if you are curious I will write something up when I finish eating.
Okay, I feel bad. I feel like you expect something jaw dropping or something.

Honestly, you are a mostly town read for me. I feel that your posting is well written, makes sense and consists of logic I can follow. The only thing that I flagged as an interest and I pointed it out earlier on is that it seem like Enomics only talks to you. A majority of Enomics posts are directed at you. So I did consider the flighting possibility that the two of you were scum and he was leaning on you for judgement, however, I feel like scum would not be quite so obvious so the moment has passed.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by pablito »

pablito 857 wrote:I feel that there's several obvious mafia goons lingering around, but I don't feel comfortable just making a safe shot, much like Nacho would've wanted to do. With the newly explained win condition (and it makes much more sense now), it means that no matter what, we only need one guaranteed town read in the end. As long as we all agree to keep that one person alive by the end of the game, by process of elimination, we'll get rid of all vengeful and goons. Easier said than done though. Especially, since I'm starting to believe that in the list of 5 that Nacho made (pablito, wanderer, CB, RC, Heartless), there's one mafia, and maybe one vengeful.

2 scum in 4 people? Really? :/

I'd really like to have a dialogue with you about this. Do you think it's on account of the mod's announcement? CB and Heartless have only continually grown more townie to me. Wanderer, eh, I'm not very comfortable with Wanderer, frankly, but I think it's in the town's best interests for me to table that suspicion.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the power that goes to your head when you get the gun, but there's this inclination to want to prove Nacho wrong. Victor had it, and now it's seemingly seeping into you, pablito. I strongly, strongly think it's the wrong thing to focus on Nacho's "do not shoot" list. I also strongly disagree with your comment about not feeling comfortable taking a safe shot. By all means, take the safe shot! Scum is scum is scum. Build momentum for goodness sakes. One scum flip would do us wonders right now.

To clarify, I meant 1 mafia - of which it may be a vengeful. I am using "goons" for the 4 and "vengeful" for the 3. I think there's 1 - and RC, you might be that 1. However, I do NOT think we should focus on this during this DP, and you have my word that I will NOT shoot any of you 4 during this DP.

I want to Nacho wrong because he was foolish to go after guaranteed scum. I will NOT take the safe shot, because I feel that Nacho tried to do that and got screwed. Scum is scum is scum, you are right. But I do not think that shooting a mafia goon is going to get the information necessary to do good scum hunting. I fully expect vengeful to bus the goons or that the goons are trying to be the safe shot. This will not give anyone any information on the vengeful, and it only gives more time for the vengeful to hide in the cloak of towniness. I have an idea on two vengeful right now and I think that there's some evidence for it. You won't hear it yet. But at least one of those will be on my shortlist of 3.

@RC - If the majority of town wants me to shoot someone (75%ish), how do you think I should proceed with this?

pablito wrote:I want to give time for reads (for better or worse) to grown on Suzune. Even if I feel that Suzune is the closest thing to 99% scum, I feel comfortable this DP in making the shot that will give us the best flip for good positioning for the future. I will likely project my shot well in advance to hear information on all sides on this read. I don't feel that a Suzune shot will give us much information right now.

Suzune, I'm not saying I think you're 99% scum. I honestly don't know how to read you, and I don't want to spend my time reading you yet. I appreciate your contributions and want you to do it even more. I like what you're doing, but I don't think my energy should be spent on analyzing you yet. I'm just saying, that you are safe during this DP, and possibly for more. So don't worry, and be calm, and please contribute just as you have been before.

I feel very confident at this point that my shot will be on one of the five that I have not yet eliminated from my list.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by pablito »

No my town reads have not changed since the mod announcement. Some of these announced town reads and nominations have given me cause to be suspicious. I'd say there's about a 75% chance that all four of you are town. That would give my potential gun shot a high schance of hitting scum.

I don't think I'm doing much different than how I would've acted if Nacho had ever been GB. I don't feel that my actions are unlike anything I've done before with focusing more on process than content.
Sup, later.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 857, pablito wrote:I feel like I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to take off Flubbernugget off the shot list for this DP. Flubber has come alive in a huge way for me during this DP from the beginning to the end. There's enough activity and enough aggressiveness that I'm strongly reconsidering my read on Flubber. I am open to expanding and explicating on my read on Flubber. But from the field, I would much prefer if you try to avoid mentioning Flubber for now. I'd much rather you try to convince me on who I should shoot of all the others. I will comment more on Flubber later before I make a shot.

Spoiler:
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 869, Heartless wrote:
In post 857, pablito wrote:I feel like I'm going to regret this, but I'm going to take off Flubbernugget off the shot list for this DP. Flubber has come alive in a huge way for me during this DP from the beginning to the end. There's enough activity and enough aggressiveness that I'm strongly reconsidering my read on Flubber. I am open to expanding and explicating on my read on Flubber. But from the field, I would much prefer if you try to avoid mentioning Flubber for now. I'd much rather you try to convince me on who I should shoot of all the others. I will comment more on Flubber later before I make a shot.

Spoiler:

I'm not entirely convinced Flubber is town, I'm not terribly convinced Flubber is mafia. Because Flubber has only come alive during this DP, I'd rather hold off until more of a read can develop. Flubber is in my list of more likely to be vengeful than goon list, though.

So, Heartless (yes, both of youse), I strongly believe you're town, but I also would like to focus on my stronger reads for now. I read your argument, and agree, but don't think it's strong enough. Furthermore, I'd prefer to focus on someone who hasn't had yet much focus during this DP. I'd like you to revisit this argument in a different DP though, even if I'm not around.
Sup, later.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Heartless »

i still want to say PN is a good shot because bert and i should have a pretty good rapport here and our dynamic is nonexistent. when he was town he didn't avoid me like this.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 6:36 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Prodge: I'll be back Sunday evening. No need to declare V/LA with that timespan.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 7:00 am

Post by pablito »

In post 857, pablito wrote:
enomis,
Feirei, Flubbernugget, Lucky2u,
MaxwellPuckett,
millar13
, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare, West9

This leaves enomis, MaxwellPuckett, Perpetual Nonsense, vonflare and West9. I have 2 on this list I want to take off, but I'm going to wait a bit too. But I'm going to give a chance for people to revise any nominations list and make any last minute arguments for or against someone else in case. An initial short-list of 5 is enough to get some good discussion, but I'd like to make a final list of 3 by end of weekend or Saturday if possible.

I feel that there's several obvious mafia goons lingering around, but I don't feel comfortable just making a safe shot, much like Nacho would've wanted to do. With the newly explained win condition (and it makes much more sense now), it means that no matter what, we only need one guaranteed town read in the end. As long as we all agree to keep that one person alive by the end of the game, by process of elimination, we'll get rid of all vengeful and goons. Easier said than done though. Especially, since I'm starting to believe that in the list of 5 that Nacho made (pablito, wanderer, CB, RC, Heartless), there's one mafia, and maybe one vengeful.

Ok time to take off two more from the list. I wanted more people to respond, but I'll be gone all day today and unsure when I'll get back tomorrow. And I want at least a week discussion to talk about this short-list and who I should shoot.

So by process of elimination (by not focusing on Maxwell or vonflare) and based on your town and nominations list, I want us to now focus on the following three:

Perpetual Nonsense, West9, enomis.

Perpetual Nonsense - PN was on a lot of nominations list and based on the information there, I think there needs to be some good discussion on this one. PN is someone that has only recently come into radar, and it seemed that only Heartless had PN on the gun list yesterday. So I'd like to hear more about how this read has developed for some people - especially those that put PN on the nominations list during D3 but not any other day.

West9 - seems like West has been in the "blind spot" and there were several people hoping to make cases on West, but nothing strong has appeared. Now is the time to see those cases, and why this case is or isn't as strong as it was before. I've seen several say West could be scum, and then others also saying West seems very town with genuine posts and appropriate pointedness. West seems to be consistent in activity, but I'd like to see more so that we can see what people say about West.

enomis - this has been someone who's always coming up as being a target, but at the same time, enomis has also been responsive to follow-up questions today by me. enomis is also someone who is seen as both town and scum (or even null read) by various people. I'd like to hear more about everyone's thoughts about enomis and if there's been significant changes in your read of enomis at any time, and if there's anything this DP that has caused any changes.

I'd like everyone to give me a rank list of who'd you like to see me most shoot to who'd you like to see me to not shoot - with reasons why including all of your past views on these people too.

I would like to focus on these three, because I think the most information is going to be had from talking about these three. I think there's obvscum elsewhere, but that's not where I want my attention right now. I think in this list of three, there's likely to be at least one vengeful, and hopefully more than one mafia.

I will keep asking questions of all at the moment throughout the week as I can find more, but for now I encourage you all to put those three on the spot and ask more questions and to try to convince me who should be shot. I don't feel that it's my sole responsibility to ask those three the questions necessary to shoot them, and I'd like your help.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 7:01 am

Post by pablito »

Feel free to use votes as well to help me know your true thoughts.
Sup, later.

Return to “Completed Open Games”