Newbie 1608: Snow Cones (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I will kep my vote on mitey because it seems like a great information lynch. Would love a claim though
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

*keep
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Superbowl9
: Townlean: His reaction to my vote was pretty valid and he has presented some good points about several of the people here. I actually reconsidered my townread on mantis because of super.

Keyser Soze
: My top townread. His engagement in the game and his effort to actually read the game and analyze anything possible is good enough for me. His posts are making good points and he has good case on his scumread.

Enomis
: Town. He is the IC and he has been townreading me. That is not why I read him as town, though. Frogger seems to be his top scumread. I do agree with you on one thing about frog though. That vote was a bit spontaneous. I still do think of frog as townlean though.

Frogger
: A slight townlean. I did think that vote on me was a bit weird at first. But then, you explained that it was a reaction test to see who followed. I do not know whether to believe that, but I think you had a pretty decent case on me in the beginning though.

Mitey
: Scumlean. You began your game with a useless filler. And that is all I see even now we are out of the Random Voting Stage. The vote on me was very antitown, as you seem to keep insinuating that I am lying and scum. How do you know that? You barely make any reads, and the case on me has little to no fact to help keep it standing.
Seems to be breadcrumbing powerrole

Zik
: Null. Posts reads then disappears. Simple as that.

Mantis
: Scumlean. The Appeal to emotion on me to get me to vote frog was too much. Barely has a case on frogg and only uses experience as an argument, which can be rebutted easily. Suddenly pops out of nowhere, coming up with a reads list along the way. Similar things were seen during rvs, when she popped out and explained her "reads"

Fraggernaut
: Ok,he is null townlean to me. He is very confusing to read. Went from playing the noob card to stopping whentold he was overusing. Went from having a case on me to being unsure and following others against mitey.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 411, Fro99er wrote:Also, if we near the deadline with no lynch, I will self vote to avoid a no lynch. This will give you guys more information than a no lynch. This is probably the only situation I'd recommend self-hammering that I can think of.

This gives me a bit of a town feel for you. But still, you could be experienced mafia using the appeal to emotion tactic.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 394, Mantisdreamz wrote:that's the 2nd time you've got defensive frag, in response to something that is not about you

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p6876114

The first time was directed at me by Keyser, which I rebuttled. Wasn't defensive at all. Explained reasoning behind it, & logic.

The second time maybe it was my mistake, maybe it wasn't. Maybe you're trying to cause confusion amongst the game to get eyes off of you. Doesn't change that right now Mitey & yourself are my top scum reads.

@Bulb How am I following a Mitey vote? Mitey & Mantis have been my scum for awhile since I read you null.

My town circle is:

Keyser
Super
Enomis

Bulb & Fro99er are null town lean

Mitey & Mantis are still my top two scum
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 395, Mantisdreamz wrote:why are you scum reading Mitey, Frag?

I'm scum reading mitey because until a few days before the vote they were pretty much non-existent in the game. So much that a prod was asked on them. Also from their 287 post, I wasn't buying their logic. I thought it was very weak, that they took a hiatus then act like they've forgotten how to play, when they have a ton of experience on the forum. I also liked Super's 389 post on mitey, which brought up many accurate points. They haven't tried to scum hunt until pressure was put on them. Or to make any effort at all. They say stand by for their reads in 390, this is post 430 & still no reads from mitey even though they've been asked for. I feel town would make a effort to give reads.

Also something on a side note to Bulb. In my 338 post I pinged you out for jumping on a Mitey vote. So how is it you come back some odd postsam later & pretty much say the exact same thing I said to you?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

I am voting Bulb because he lied. Town don't lie. He said that I said something that I didn't, that is lying. I am also skeptical of his soft claim. There was little to no pressure on him and no need to out himself as Town at that point. I would normally say that the soft claim buys him into Day 2 but, he lied. My vote was also not out of the blue. Even Bulb himself says that I have been building his case since the begining (paraphrasing). What confuses me with Bulb is that he says that he believes that I am Town but, will leave his vote on me. Also, me placing a vote on you is not anti-Town. As I said, I am skeptical of the timing of the claim and have voiced that in probably every post I have made since the claim. To say that it is anti-Town, I can't think of the right way to put it but, it's assuming that the Town has put an awful lot of stock into your claim.

Oh and to be clear, I am not claiming any role. You can find out what I am when I flip. If I make it through the Day, me claiming lessens the pool for the Scum to find our roles and if I don't, you will find out...and you will giggle when you find my crumb.

And a bit about me. My Scum hunting isn't like other people's necessarily. I question and get my reads and keep them with me. I feel that posting my reads frequently gives Scum more to work with. Now, I know this is not the norm and I frequently get myself lynched. I am of the mind that every lynch gets information so, I'm ok with it when I'm Town.

My reads as promised from most Town to least...as promised.

Keyser...seems to be on everyone's list. I questioned him on a few things and liked his answers. He is also a huge poster in this game and it's hard to do that as Scum.

Super...I was skeptical of his Townieness at the beginning but, as time went on he seemed less Scummy.

Enomis...I don't see this slot as Scummy right now. I don't think we should ignore it but, nothing has jumped at me yet.

Fragg...Same as Enomis. Nothing to ping Scum for me yet.

Frog...this was Reubus' former spot and though Frog looks slightly Townier than Reu did, it is still that slot. Though it makes me sad that he called me a dope on a rope...and I don't truely understand the reaction test. I didn't jump on a wagon, I caught a player lying. I am ok with the looking at the posts but, things he called chit chat were me Scum hunting...as I said, I do things differently than most do.

Mantis...this is a hard one for me. Slightly Scum lean. Hard to explain why. I will think on this and get an explanation for yoy tomorrow.

Master Zik...Something about the first post rubbed me wrong. Time to teach a lesson (paraphrasing) sounded really cocky to me and not in a Townie way. Then he started an anti MiteyMouse charge and since the only thing I know for sure is my role, this doesn't seem Townie to me. Now, I do understand that I'm not everyone's cup of tea so to speak but, it's something to look at. Also, there is more to look at than just reads. Like I said, I don't like posting mine as it gives Scum more to work with.

Bulb...Scummy. I have already commented on this.

I am back to work tomorrow but, will be around in the evening if anyone has any questions for me.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2015 11:01 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Alot of suicidal 'townies' this game :? If you're really town, you're making it easier for the mafia. Every town member should value their life, no matter what role. Basically saying
'lynch me, it doesn't matter'
, it basically invites mafia to safely hide in a wagon - plus, it makes you one of the worst candidates to have alive at LyLo.

Question to both Fro99er and MiteyMouse:

What do you think will be gained by your lynch?

If you flip town who should we look at?
Master Zik
Master Zik
Goon
Master Zik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:36 am

Post by Master Zik »

The Master will arrive soon...
Master Zik
Master Zik
Goon
Master Zik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:38 am

Post by Master Zik »

I'm proud to say that I've been a great influence on the game! Many of you have followed in my footsteps and have started to deliver structured reads lists that are helpful for discussion!

Now it's time for the Master to discern which are from town, and which are not!
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

The deadline is June 1st, 9:50 PM EST

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:10 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Keyser, are you not voting? I don't recall you voting anyone since the last VC and iirc it said you weren't voting, I don't recall you unvoting either tho.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Indeed, an innocent mod error - I will wait for the mod to update the VC before voting, incase someone is at L-1.

My vote was on Rosen (now Master Zik), I did not unvote.

I will likely hammer the #1/#2 lynch candidate.

Current D1 Lynch Pool:

MiteyMouse
Fro99er
Mantisdreamz
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:27 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Nobody should be at L-1 then, cause you're the only vote on zik. I'm thinking about putting mitey at L-1 if a mantis wagon doesn't formulate soon.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 432, Keyser Söze wrote:Alot of suicidal 'townies' this game :? If you're really town, you're making it easier for the mafia. Every town member should value their life, no matter what role. Basically saying
'lynch me, it doesn't matter'
, it basically invites mafia to safely hide in a wagon - plus, it makes you one of the worst candidates to have alive at LyLo.

Question to both Fro99er and MiteyMouse:

What do you think will be gained by your lynch?
After lynching me (town), people will at least finally town read me (lol)! Seriously though, I don't know what is to be gained by lynching town other than a trust of what they were saying earlier. Like my reads and stuff

If you flip town who should we look at?
Mantis and/or Mitey would be my first choices.

Also...if Mitey really has crumbed a PR (I can't find the crumb), as has Bulba soft-claiming PR, then if there is another PR they should probably say so. I can't decide if it would be better to say D1 or D2. But finding scum is top priority, especially if we lynch town today. Otherwise I'm inclined to believe their soft-claims (for now).

I do find it odd that if Mitey really is crumbing a PR role, then why would they vote another soft-claimed PR.....

I'd rather lynch Mantis, but there's a Mitey wagon, and Mitey has been pretty scummy (I outlined a case on Mitey earlier) and we're near deadline. If we can rally support for a Mantis lynch, I'd rather lynch Mantis.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Fro99er »

I believe Superbowl, Bulba and myself would make up 3 votes on a Mantis wagon. Keyser has stated they will hammer the top wagon. That means we need one more...
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 432, Keyser Söze wrote:Alot of suicidal 'townies' this game :? If you're really town, you're making it easier for the mafia. Every town member should value their life, no matter what role.

There is a time as town for a self hammer, and this is that time. Would you rather no-lynch?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

VOTE: Mantis
Zik is another one of my candidates. Keep an eye on him. I believe we should keep mitey alive one more day.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 438, superbowl9 wrote:Nobody should be at L-1 then, cause you're the only vote on zik. I'm thinking about putting mitey at L-1 if a mantis wagon doesn't formulate soon.

Good idea :idea: I will be online this evening to ensure we hammer.

Unfortunately for MiteyMouse her (a) gamestyle and (b) willingness to be lynched has done her no favour in my eyes (if she's VT
or
PR). Her town/scum read list (Post #431) could be called
'too little, too late'
. To leave a defence this late to the deadline hour is detrimental to our D1 lynch :cry: It's more of a lynch we
have
to do, than would
to do.

I think the majority feel like there is at least
one
scum in Mantisdreamz-MiteyMouse-Fro99er. Bulbazoor is not a D1 lynch option, but everyone does not town-read his playstyle:

Looking at their respective votes:

Mantisdreamz is voting for Fro99er
MiteyMouse is voting for Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor and Fro99er are voting for MiteyMouse

Fortunately, all their votes are weirdly entwined with eachother. A flip on Mantisdreamz-MiteyMouse-Fro99er will hopefully give us more clues on the others.

Fro99er has openly welcomed his own lynch (even the offer to self hammer), therefore, if we let Fro99er live past D1 he'll need to be lynched well before a LyLo situation later on.

Therefore, it is a Mantisdreamz vs MiteyMouse showdown. NO LYNCH is not an option.

No more roleclaims from anyone too - unless you're at L-1 :mad:
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 443, Keyser Söze wrote:Fro99er has openly welcomed his own lynch (even the offer to self hammer), therefore, if we let Fro99er live past D1 he'll need to be lynched well before a LyLo situation later on.

Just curious. Why?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 444, Fro99er wrote:
In post 443, Keyser Söze wrote:Fro99er has openly welcomed his own lynch (even the offer to self hammer), therefore, if we let Fro99er live past D1 he'll need to be lynched well before a LyLo situation later on.

Just curious. Why?

Why would you want to lynch a townie? You're not even giving me a chance, which feels like lining up lynches......
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Fro99er »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mantis
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 443, Keyser Söze wrote:I think the majority feel like there is at least
one
scum in Mantisdreamz-MiteyMouse-Fro99er. Bulbazoor is not a D1 lynch option, but everyone does not town-read his playstyle:

Looking at their respective votes:

Mantisdreamz is voting for Fro99er
MiteyMouse is voting for Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor and Fro99er are voting for MiteyMouse

Fortunately, all their votes are weirdly entwined with eachother. A flip on Mantisdreamz-MiteyMouse-Fro99er will hopefully give us more clues on the others.

This likely (not guaranteed) means there's only ONE scum among the four of us (well, three of us, I'm town but you guys of course don't know that) IMO unless there's some very serious bussing going on. It would be almost too easy if it were among the four of us.

And this isn't me trying to deflect. Just keeping an open mind. I'd hate for scum to skate by. It seems awfully convenient for Keyser to want to lynch whomever among this group, and then line up a lynch on me for later.....
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 445, Fro99er wrote:Why would you want to lynch a townie? You're not even giving me a chance, which feels like lining up lynches......

"Why would you want to lynch a townie?" so said every scum :giggle: Of course I don't want to lynch town, but are we to believe everyone's "I'm a townie" claim :shifty:
In my eyes, your offer to self-hammer/soft roleclaim has bought you time
. In no way does it prove you are town. However, you can be proven town by
Process Of Elimination
later.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Fro99er »