BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:52 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I want you to tell me who you're scum reading.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Antihero and Saint.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:56 am

Reasons for both?

I forgot Anti was in this game...

So many lurkers.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 am

I'm not sure Anti is scum either.

He would be the last person lurking I would be willing to lynch.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 am

Vote: Antihero
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 am

I've decided that nothing that has happened until page 40 is worth taking into consideration. I will formulate reads from this page on.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Shinobi »

@Bookitty: can you elaborate more on why Soren is scum?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1006, Shinobi wrote:@Bookitty: can you elaborate more on why Soren is scum?

Wow, that was surreal. I was reading the game and then you asked me something!

Okay, this is JUST my opinion. But Soren-town is bubbly and outgoing and trying to get conversation going all the time. I asked him if he was done with finals; he said yes. But he's still not here. He's not participating in a way that makes his presence known. I don't have scum meta for him, but this is not my town meta of him.

Also, the town leader thing is still throwing me for a loop. It seems false to me (REALLY false) and it feels like he was just trying to justify some town-read on me that he was sheeping rather than having for himself. Like fabricated reasoning for calling me town, if that makes sense.

Meh, it's not conclusive, but I'm not comfortable with Soren's play here given what I know of his town game.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Vilewhirl
Vilewhirl
Goon
Vilewhirl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Vilewhirl »

VOTE: soren
what do you make of bbt's thoughts on soren here?:
bbt wrote:I understand what you're saying and when I was reading his ISO I was thinking along those lines a lot. However, I think it's more play-style indicative than alignment indicative. His play-style seems very scattered, like he changes his mind a lot as he reads/rereads posts. That's the feeling I get from him.

'Too scummy to be scum' is complete BS though and that needs to be dropped. He uses 'too scummy to be scum' to town read at least 3 people from memory; I guess it's just his 'thing' but yeah, I don't like it.

Again though, what is his scum motivation to put his neck on the line and defend me when I was coming under heavy fire? I feel like he could have just left it to go on and paid no attention to it or he could have joined in.

do they hold any weight for you given your experience with soren in the past?
Hydra of the Bulge and Gorkington
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:38 am

I'm not feelign Soren scum
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:38 am

Sometimes it's hard to get back into a game when you're not emotionally invested especially after a break, I can't blame Soren.
Vilewhirl
Vilewhirl
Goon
Vilewhirl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Vilewhirl »

based on what exactly?
an rng roll?
Hydra of the Bulge and Gorkington
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

Things I agree with:

Soren's playstyle is scattershot. He is hard to pin down as town.
He does change his mind a lot.

Things I don't agree with:

I don't think he calls people too scummy to be scum. I don't remember that anyway.
The motivation about defending BBT is like the motivation for calling me town because I was somehow a leader. It's to provide apparent content without actually getting into the nitty gritty of the game. Active lurking? I think.

I would think that votes on him would serve as motivation. He didn't even jump on me and I expected it. So I dunno.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Saint »

In post 938, Shinobi wrote:
In post 934, Saint wrote:it is OWS. you are way more proactive as town

maybe you read differently on here

wow P-Editx3

hi vilewhirl and BBT

BBT why do you want to lynch me so badly??

Again, compared to what?
I even have my meta all set up on TL for people to look through it and I think you're completely unaware of what my scumgame looks like, which makes it look really weird/lazy for you to say that "I don't post as scum" when my day play as scum is actually pretty active.

@Vile: I've been relatively inactive until today, when I said I would post.

quote where i said "you dont post as scum"

i said you're proactive as town in what you just quoted... there is a difference in being active and proactive.

In post 937, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't want to lynch you 'badly'. I thought you were a good D1 lynch but Farside had some good points.

So now I'm thinking Shinobi is a good D1 lynch but it's getting close to deadline so I'm not particularly fist pumping at the thought of jumping off one of the bigger wagons to start a new one.

Vile, you interested in a Shinobi lynch?

i understand what you're saying, but i don't agree with a few of your points
i disagree with me being called a good d1 lynch. im not a bad one, admittedly, but i'm not a good one, because i will be an asset later on in the game.
i am commonly nightkilled by scum so there's that, but mostly i am just wanting to do wagon analysis, or simply lynch scum themselves so wagon analysis is largely trivial

In post 939, Vilewhirl wrote:cant tell if sthar is stubbornperson with being too overly focused.
cant tell if shinobi is stubbornperson with being too uncommitted to a vote/push.
hiplop is just quiet. i would lynch abr over hiplop if we were going to do a lurker lynch. because at least his constant apologetic tone when he is here seems out of character.

p-edit: well. ok.
i want a push soon tho because lamelynches suck and they easily happen on people who don't let themselves get read.

1) agreed on sthar8
2) agreed on shinobi 100%
3) i dont know abr vs hiplop the way im sure you do because im not as active here as you are. i will trust your meta and keep a note of that inside myself

In post 941, Vilewhirl wrote:
bbt wrote:Vile, you interested in a Shinobi lynch?
im not sure.
from my vast top secret meta experience with shinobi i know he can be quite uncommitted as town.
which makes him hard to read.

depends on a few things, but on TL he is actually pretty proactive from my experience with him. maybe not top tier proactive but hes usually a solid town you want in a circle with you.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Saint »

In post 945, Vilewhirl wrote:shinobi stop defending yourself and go read and make a case on someone or join a wagon on someone.

i disagree with this ... defending yourself is generally something town will do

In post 946, Vilewhirl wrote:VOTE: abr

where's the reasoning behind this? im so not used to mafiascum's lack of reasoning... i mean i'm okay with it but geez

In post 950, Shinobi wrote:
In post 948, Vilewhirl wrote:calling bbt's lack of case on you bad is questioning him?

I'm calling his case nonexistant and I'm trying to get him to bring up points to see how he's reaching his conclusions. His points on Saint not being scum are okay, but how does that lead to calling another player scum? The only thing he has is the fact that I unvoted hiplop when other people were voting him, which isn't a case and reads like an excuse because associatives are generally useless. How does he tell the difference between town!me and scum!me doing these things? I still don't know.

I'm also saying that Saint's case is lazy and it reads like an excuse. There are plenty of examples of me playing active scumgames, both here and on TL so him saying "you do more as town" and not backing it up is mega lazy and wtf.

The fact that they want to lynch my slot in particular is
almost
completely irrelevant (outside of the "I know I'm town" mantra): I don't understand either of the cases so I want to know what's up.

In post 949, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 944, Shinobi wrote:Except that doesn't really relate to me at all?

Correct.

Okay, so how does that lead you to a scumread on this slot?

i was largely wanting to see how you react.

is it bad for a friend to want to reaction test someone before they defend them?

even lawyers do it with their clients to see if they should fully get behind them

gotta know you're on my side before i feel good about being a white knight

i dont think you're a good lynch today for your reaction. you have to understand mafiascum's lack of reasoning compared to TL is something i'm still getting used to (again)

In post 951, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Your lack of scum hunting.

how so?

How is Shinobi scumhunting less than 75% of this playerbase (in this game) ?

In post 967, Shinobi wrote:I understand BBT's line of thinking now. That'll change with time.

Saint
, where did you go?

i went to the next town over, and had to take my apartment keys to my landlord because i just bought a house.

hope that's okay with you, honeybunny haha

In post 971, Shinobi wrote:If I had to join wagons
right now
I'd probably go for ABR/Saint over anyone else.

okay you have the most meta on me out of anyone here but you can't see i'm town??? Why the hell have I been getting mislynched in every fucking game i've played since I returned to playing?

I guess my getting older/calmer is making people misread me.
In post 993, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Not really...I should probably reread things before making comments like that. I remembered liking Mac's responses in real time as I was reading but rereading his ISO I'm not sure why I liked them :/

is funny though because;
In post 572, Mac wrote:i genuinely can't believe we wouldn't be having this discussion if i had voted bbt. there's no logic in that. you're town, but you're being really stupid here and you've quite possibly gave bbt a way out of being lynched.

notice how he's dropped off the face of the earth again?

that final sentence can also apply to farside

Who's dropped off the face of the earth now?

He does however provide good points against Saint in . Notably his (Saint's) reasoning for voting me after he voted and his reasoning for voting Mac.

MY defense against 578 (sorry caps) is that I was largely reaction testing you. I didn't really come out of it with a good or bad reaction, though, because someone responded to it before you could. You noting it now, with you acting like IGMEOY, though, has me still leaning towards scum on you moreso than even before, honestly... sorry to say it. Care to provide me a few links of you playing scum and you playing town? Perhaps I'm twisted on your scum and town games. I'm largely null on you, I just kind of have my panties in a wad with you because our playstyles clash.

In post 995, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It somehow made you show up in the thread.

Better alternative?

ok this post has my mind eased on you quite a bit BBT. I was thinking the exact same thing. Pretty much active lurking on ABR's part, and that's shady.

In post 996, Vilewhirl wrote:riveting.
is your vote on saint because you're implying a scumread on him?
or are you literally the equivalent of like an AI mafia player atm?

hah. I don't agree with that, but you can point towards other people pushing cased based upon thread sentiment here. Weird that I'm defending someone voting me... but who are we even talking about
@VW

In post 1010, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Sometimes it's hard to get back into a game when you're not emotionally invested especially after a break, I can't blame Soren

this is my defense as well. I can relate to this.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Saint »

Town from today:
Bookitty
Farside
Shinobi
Vilewhirl

Null leaning town: BBT
Dragonspawn

Null leaning scum: ABR
Mac
Gorkington

Scum: Sthar8
Antihero

something like that. I don't really remember Gorkington posting but once or twice )where he looked suspicious to me in one).

OK I just looked up Gorkington and apparently he's Vilewhirl
this will make my list change from Vilewhirl being a townlean to Vilewhirl being a scumlean because that Gorkington post doesn't sit well with me at all
I also didn't like VIlewhirl and Soren's interaction early on in the day (in the RVS)
I thought it made Soren look bad, but if Soren = town, I feel like 1 of them is scum, so if Soren = Town Vilewhirl = Mafia (in my eyes)
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Saint »

going to play league
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:36 am

I take it back, I don't suspect Saint.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Shinobi »

Saint seems WAY more town due to recent posting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:53 am

Yes he does.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:11 am

Post by farside22 »

VOTE: Mac

I'm only doing this because Shin seems to be doing better. Not sold on him but my gut tells me to look elsewhere.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:13 am

Post by dragonspawn »

I liked saints more recent posts. Going to have to catch up more though. I've been not caring about mafia. Mostly cause I'm job hunting and every time I come back I have forty million pages to read.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Mac »

im baaaack

and catching up!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:20 am

Farside is giving me scum vibes.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:26 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1023, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Farside is giving me scum vibes.

pfft
You don't know me at all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”