Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2447, Cheetory6 wrote:In my head you were either buddying Titus and then realized she was scum or you legitimately thought Titus was town the entire time and were just really okay with the outcome no matter how she flipped. I really fail to see how that's bad logic, Boo.

I thought she was town. That was shaken a bit by the Ozgin flip because I also think she's accurate as town. Then she slipped and I believe in scumslips, so I voted her. I hoped I was wrong, and it turns out I WAS wrong, because I thought she was groupscum and she wasn't. I could understand negative reactions to my being wrong about Ozgin, but the Titus thing makes no sense to me anyway. To me the progression is pretty obvious.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2406, House wrote:
In post 2401, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2386, Drixx wrote:
I do feel a lot better, but House has basically disappeared since then and basically ignored me and refused to agree that we both probably overreacted and that we should move on.

You will probably be waiting a long time for this..................................................

She knows what she's talking about.

That's also why she's one of (very few) people on these sites that I'm likely to apologize to.

Well, as I said before and elsewhere, I enjoy playing with you and admire the particular style you are able to pull off. It's not the sort of thing that fits into my wheelhouse. Here's to us becoming friends as time goes on, because you seem like the sort of person I generally make friends with.

In post 2386, Drixx wrote:
In post 2375, SilverWolf wrote:The lack of contributions from some of you is just ridiculous. Considering there are 16 people still alive in this game, I find it quite odd that I don't have reads on most of you due to lack of substantive input. I'm not talking about being busy in RL. Just that some of you are barely here and when you are here you don't really say anything that moves the game forward. I'm annoyed enough by it right now that I'm just going to back out of this game for awhile so I don't just get super crabby at people. We have about 9 days until deadline. If someone has a question or something you want me to address, @me.

@Drixx-The last post you made on House you said you felt a lot better about him being town after he angrily scumread you, so why is your vote on him right now?

I do feel a lot better, but House has basically disappeared since then and basically ignored me and refused to agree that we both probably overreacted and that we should move on. His most recent posts either show legitimate confusion or faux confusion, and until he starts posting again and I can try to read him, my read hasn't moved far enough away from what I said before {my vote on House till he's dead} to take the vote off. He's like moderate scum to me currently. I would feel a lot better if he was engaged in the game more.

@RC - Can you maybe explain who you are talking about and give more than "X is scum"? Like ... how on earth can I evaluate what you're trying to say when you don't really say anything?

Oh look, here's me already answering the question Cheetory asked. Come on man ... keep up.

I need him to resume being present in the game so I can read him apart from the spat. "Feeling better about House" != "I believe House is town now" ... reads aren't like a switch with three settings, at least for me they aren't.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2448, SilverWolf wrote:-First of all, I learned the hard way to never discount anything as "scum would never do this" "they would never be partners with so and so because of this" because I've been burned very badly by it in the past. You and House and T S O worked together a lot in Delicious and in that game you were not very engaged in the game. Since this day started you have not been very engaged in the game at all.

I'm not very engaged in this game. That's a fact, and I'm not even going to argue it right now. It's the beginning of summer semester and I'm being slammed with a lot of things at work, so I'm distracted and dealing with stuff in every area of my life. I'm not very engaged in any of my games at the moment. As with most people, my ability to commit and to focus comes and goes.

I'm not saying it's impossible that Varsoon could buddy his scumbuddy. I'm saying that seems to be an afterthought, like "Bookitty is scum, let me find reasons that she is scum" as opposed to a primary reason. It's not the first thing you would think of. And when you and Cheetory start double-teaming me and picking out practically everything I've posted as a reason to scumpaint me, I'm going to become frustrated and to feel like you're trying to railroad me. That's how I felt. Rather than throwing a fit in the thread, as seems to be the fashionable response, I left for a while. I thought that was the actual responsible thing to do.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:18 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2446, Bookitty wrote:
In post 2443, Cheetory6 wrote:Also, have you ever faked being angry as scum to try and disarm momentum on a wagon on you?

No, I don't believe so. Again, I've been around a LONG time so it could have happened but I don't remember it ever happening, so I'm going to say no.

You got pissed at me in Delicious as scum after House and I voted you. Do you remember that? I ended up apologizing to you for telling you to fuck off-which I should of because that was completely uncalled for on my part. Now, you could of very easily been legitimately upset with me regardless of alignment but you should understand how you getting all pissy with me for doing nothing more than voicing suspicion of you is likely to make me extremely nervous here in this game. And BTW, I think I ended up voting elsewhere after that IIRC in that game.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Bookitty »

I wasn't mad at you. I don't particularly like being told to fuck off, but that's pretty much independent of alignment. YOU lost your temper there, not me.
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Kitz »

Deja'vu.
No need to discuss that particular detail.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 2455, Kitz wrote:Deja'vu.
No need to discuss that particular detail.

What is this referring to, please?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:25 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2452, Bookitty wrote:

I'm not saying it's impossible that Varsoon could buddy his scumbuddy. I'm saying that seems to be an afterthought, like "Bookitty is scum, let me find reasons that she is scum" as opposed to a primary reason. It's not the first thing you would think of. And when you and Cheetory start double-teaming me and picking out practically everything I've posted as a reason to scumpaint me, I'm going to become frustrated and to feel like you're trying to railroad me. That's how I felt. Rather than throwing a fit in the thread, as seems to be the fashionable response, I left for a while. I thought that was the actual responsible thing to do.

That was not my primary concern-your interactions with Varsoon but one of them. Like I've said twice now, I was responding to Cheetory asking how people felt about you and voicing some concerns. I had my vote on Taly at the time and also voiced some concerns about him. I did NOT post everything you did as a reason to scumpaint you. I said I believed your Ozgin push. You did kind of throw a fit in the thread before you left though and I still feel like you waaaaaay over-reacted there.

I will admit, some of this is a paranoia read from Delicious but your reaction to the pressure here is what caused me to vote for you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

You were not the only one pushing me at the time, SilverWolf. Cheetory pushed me on two points and when I disproved one of them, he decided I was even scummier. That doesn't make logical sense, and then you piled on (all this from my perspective). I don't think any of your points are good, and certainly they aren't valid since I know my alignment. But the combined mass of what I see as crap arguments pissed me off, so I took my ball and went home for a while.

I've returned with a much less fragile attitude since I've actually gotten some stuff done in real life and I'm not under extreme pressure right now.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:37 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I was barely pushing you at first. I was much more suspicious of Taly. But you got my attention with your response. And you may not think the points are good and that's fine. That's why you disprove them and discuss them with me. You may know your alignment but I sure don't. I've gotten into it with people in games and sometimes I get to the point where I'm pushing someone and I just realize that there is no more discussion to be had because they explained everything I was worried about to my satisfaction and did some townie things in the game besides. Then, I've had it where I've pushed scum hard and caught them because they just can't defend themselves.

Meh, I do understand your frustration, I admit I might be paranoid, and I like that you are trying to clear this up. I will reconsider my read. I'd like to ISO/meta again when I have more time.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:07 am

Post by SilverWolf »

@mod
-Has Taly responded to his prod?
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

There seems to be a core group -- about 8 or so people -- that are doing all the talking. (Obviously, I am not among that group.)

I will not be able to get back to this game (in any substantive manner) until late late Friday. I'll be posting some sort of prod-dodge between now and then.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 2461, Prolapsed Brain wrote:There seems to be a core group -- about 8 or so people -- that are doing all the talking. (Obviously, I am not among that group.)

I will not be able to get back to this game (in any substantive manner) until late late Friday. I'll be posting some sort of prod-dodge between now and then.

Can you actually start to do something actually productive other than fluff, sheep and stuff?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:34 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

So many people expressing interests in the wagons that I'm interested in but not putting down their votes.

Alright let's see if we can make this happen.

VOTE: Kitz
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Skybird »

RC, do you actually feel Kitz is scum or do you just want to see someone lynched?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2461, Prolapsed Brain wrote:There seems to be a core group -- about 8 or so people -- that are doing all the talking. (Obviously, I am not among that group.)

I'm interested in this statement PB. What are you trying to convey here?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:40 am

I just want to see someone lynched.

You see, Skybird, some men just want to see the town burn.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:41 am

WTF is the point of that question?

What responses are you looking for from that?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Skybird »

The point is, people keep asking you to provide some reasons for your votes. So far you mostly just declare someone is scum and vote them. Then you vote switch to someone else because we don't all follow along. If you think someone is scum and would like other people to follow your votes, you have to give reasons. So to reiterate, the point of the question is why do you think kitz is scummy.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 am

Where does

do you just want to see someone lynched?

come into that?
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 2465, Skybird wrote:

Just noting that there are a ton of lurkers, and I can't help but wonder the alignment distribution of them.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:17 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 2424, DeltaWave wrote:I still think we should PL laladucks. I'm happy with that outcome. There is lots of noise in this game that really isn't productive. The reality is that we need to stop town-on-town vanity fights like Drixx v. House and focus on the shit that needs to get done.

So you are townreading drixx and house?

Why?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 2469, RadiantCowbells wrote:Where does

do you just want to see someone lynched?

come into that?

That is a sarcastic remark about the way you are playing the game. Since you continue to refuse to give reasons why you vote for a person, it appears that you just want to see someone (anyone!) lynched. Is that the case? Or do you have reasons for voting?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:03 pm

That is absolutely the case. I'm just trying to lynch random town and/or other mafia team players until my team gets majority and endgames you townies.

Would you help me randomly lynch Kitz or House or Cheeto to further my wincon please?

And yeah, I could post reasons. But then I'd get "oh that's not a real scumtell / that's not alignment indicative / if x is scum it's not for those reasons."

Then they'll flip scum.

Then next game I'll post a case on similar rationale and get "oh that's not a real scumtell / that's not alignment indicative / if x is scum it's not for those reasons."

At some point you learn better.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 2470, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 2465, Skybird wrote:

Just noting that there are a ton of lurkers, and I can't help but wonder the alignment distribution of them.

I know I'm wondering about your alignment. So far most of what you've posted looks scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”