Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:25 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

will have to go look and see now though
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:27 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1667, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1482, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 390, Senator wrote:Let's all claim negative role modifiers.

I'm actually an SS.

In post 1483, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 455, Senator wrote:Im not actually SS you tard.

In post 1484, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 498, Senator wrote:I'm claiming Beloved Miller next game I play. Nono, Ill claim Bulletproof Ascetic.

If there is a beloved princess in our game, than it stands to reason that the night will be hot.

In post 1486, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 617, Senator wrote:???

The worst part about LQ's claim is that he freely said it triggers upon NK. I don't know why anyone with any experience in mafia would tell scum that if they kill him they get a free night.

And even more, This early in the game, investigators don't have enough info to dig around, and x-shots get boned as well.

this isn't role related but is now standing out to me... when you claim beloved princess, this is what you are claiming... doesn't make him scum, but it is awful

In post 1487, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 622, Senator wrote:See, its like you don't even know how anti-town you are. I'm the 3 shot commuter. :|

In post 1488, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 624, Senator wrote:wholly crap.
Think
before you say things. If I were really the commuter you'd have just given the scum more reason to figure it out.

In post 1496, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 1429, Senator wrote:So? I've softed my role and you dummies don't pick up on it too bad.

and then there is the gem...
please- look at those posts and any of his others and point out the crumb or soft claim

SS
Commuter
Tracker
X-shot of unknown type

Oh, and you mistake my wording for hiding when I am really trying hard not to just bash you and tear you a new one.

The way you are stringing these posts together, you are saying that Senator is Quad-faking-claiming-scum, and you are flabbergasted each time you find out a fakeclaim was, indeed, fake.
And based on the hurt you felt at his deception, you are now demanding his One True Claim
TM
?

I find both of these ideas ridiculous, and hope that the next pages are better.

so this must be the post. I was voting for pressure on him. He since changed his behavior. I was not demanding a claim, i was demanding he quit being a doosh. I have a baseline negative attitude to said player... I'll get over it. Many people have a baseline negative attitude about me. It is what it is.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:12 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I am going out of station from tomorrow, Can someone give a quick insight on what's going on here because I am certain that I wont have time at this moment to catch up this game but when I return I surely will go back and get some understanding. So, anyone is dear enough to give me an insight?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 am

Post by Narninian »

I can't sum up the whole game with one post, so I'll just explain my current vote:

Maxwell was a hider who dies if he targets scum. His last post felt he was crumbing that he'd hide behind Channeldelibird and he died. At first I thought It would make sense to hide behind the miller, but the miller claim could be a fake claim for scum so it might be risky to do that and he probably would have posted differently so that he didn't inidicate he was hiding behind CDB. The second night there was only 1 death - so the simplest explanation is that the first night there was 2 deaths because of the hider picking scum, and the second night there was the normal 1 death.
The extra in is for /in
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 3.05 - Up to post 1800

ChannelDelibird(4) - displaced, PerigrineV, Narninian, davesaz
RIP(3) - KlingonCelt, Peacebringer, ChannelDelibird
Senator(2) - Titus
PeaceBringer(2) - Thor665
Sinsun1(1) - Senator
KlingonCelt(1) - RIP
Thor665(1) - Thor665
Zabing12(1) - Nero Cain

Not Voting(4) - ArcAngel9, Zabing12, Jemierus, LittleGumball
Mod Note: LittleGumball is VLA. ArcAngel9 is VLA. Zabing12 is being replaced. Jamierus has been prodded.

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Day ends Thursday, June 18th, 8:45 PM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1691, PeregrineV wrote:Then who did Max the hider hide behind, and why?

idk. I guess CBD is a possibility and I'm just somewhat salty that I didn't think of that.

In post 1692, Thor665 wrote:I appreciate the vote support, but I take it that means you don't really have other scumreads of note. Do you have any townreads of note for me to consider? How do you feel about my townread on Narn (and, to a lesser extent, Senator and Titus)?

Titus is pretty null to me. What do you see there? I think Narn is town too. I'm a tad worried about Sen but he's not for today me thinks. I'm voting PB with you 'cause I myself was suspicious of him since day1 and his scum meta is to be lurky and less active. Not a RIP or Zabing fan. What do you think of Sinsun?

In post 1696, displaced wrote:This is unfair on Nero, I haven't noticed you townreading anyone either. Who are they and why?

TBF to Sen, he is NOT scumreading everyone but he does have a tendency to snark attack everyone that says anything about him.

In post 1709, PeaceBringer wrote:also count down till AA replaces out

heh
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Titus »

Thor, how would you play hinder (in the abstract)?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1719, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1717, PeaceBringer wrote:eh, uncertain of the CBD voters-
here is a different interesting direction
vote RIP

What do you not like about the CDB voters? Besides you and Dave I was pretty much a fan of the wagon. What am I missing?

In post 1718, PeaceBringer wrote:revisiting the zabing run up would also be worthwhile.

Why is that? Is Zabing a strong town read for you?

@Klingoncelt - what is your take on Peacebringer and on CDB and why are you not voting either of them in preference of sitting, alone, on the RIP wagon, a wagon you are not trying to convince people to join?

I've been taking notes, they're not nearly complete yet, but from what little I have, CDB leans Town.
PeaceBringer's on my list to go through later tonight - I have trouble reading him.

RIP is definitely playing very strangely.

Why do I not encourage others to help me build that wagon? Because usually when I call out for sheep I get mislynched. (I'm one of those that are always read as Scum regardless of alignment. :( ) I'll say my piece and if others agee they can climb on board. If they don't I'll make note of it and FoS them. For later.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

daykill:Celt
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1721, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1705, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1685, PeregrineV wrote:

The game is not a mathematical vacuum. If it were, there would be no argument. And it would also be mathematically better for scum to NK the role than to lynch it.

No.

N1, Scum kill . Day2 is skipped, N2 Scum kill someone else.

Day1 BelovedP is
lynched
. N1 Scum kill someone else. Day2 is skipped. N3, Scum kill again.

See, Scum get a free kill in.

(There is risk involved, the Town Cop and Vig, if any, get a second opportunity as well.)

Night1 BelovedP is Scum kill. Day2 is skipped. N2, Scum kill again.

See, Scum do not get a free kill and a free lynch on the mechanism that gives them a free kill.

Free logic fix. No charge.

It's better for Town that way, yes. Thing is, Scum likely will LyLo the Princess to win.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1723, Titus wrote:Not feeling well today. Expect limited posting.

:(

Get well soon!
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1733, Nero Cain wrote:
daykill:Celt

Daycripple:Nero
-
MiniDeathStar
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1720, PeaceBringer wrote:Peri and Narn are giving me the heebies...

I have Narn as town and no issue with Pere - what am I missing here?

In post 1730, Nero Cain wrote:Titus is pretty null to me. What do you see there?

The current Titus issue appears to be based around the concept that Titus is pushing derp logic.
I see no evidence that Titus knows better than the derp logic, and thus tend to believe that she is pushing something she legit believes in. The honesty of that vibes slightly town to me, though I am quite comfortable with you calling it null.

In post 1730, Nero Cain wrote:Not a RIP or Zabing fan.

Outside of their general lurkishness, is there a reason for this?

In post 1730, Nero Cain wrote: What do you think of Sinsun?

The slot has done nothing of note since I arrived. I'd support lynching it in the abstract if people began pushing a wagon there.
That said, I'd support a lot of wagons, thi town is paranoid fail as far as actually pushing wagons - we really need some wagons and people are just sitting around doing "observation" it's kind of annoying and dumb, but I've learned that there's no point in explaining to people how their play is dumb, because then they just get pissy and still sit there and do nothing, but then use my annoyance as an excuse. So now I'm being nice/passive aggressive so at least when they are sucking they have to accept the guilt of that onto themselves.
I would really and very strongly advocate that all the people doing spit-all hop on the CDB or Peacebringer wagons though - at least one of those should be exciting to people.

In post 1731, Titus wrote:Thor, how would you play hinder (in the abstract)?

On the presumption that my role tranfers information based off my survival/not survival and therefore my sole purpose beyond scumhunting is to make it very clear who I hid behind.
The fact we are *debating* who he hid behind suggests general fail from our Hider. I, personally, favor the CDB thing, but there's a reason I'm not voting CDB at the moment and it's because the crumb was not a very good one.

In post 1732, Klingoncelt wrote:I've been taking notes, they're not nearly complete yet, but from what little I have, CDB leans Town.
PeaceBringer's on my list to go through later tonight - I have trouble reading him.

How long have you been in this game that you're still needing to take notes to figure out reads?

In post 1732, Klingoncelt wrote:RIP is definitely playing very strangely.

Scummy strange, 'derp, hat on mah head!' strange, or 'not my usual style' strange.
This comment is of little help to me.

In post 1732, Klingoncelt wrote:Why do I not encourage others to help me build that wagon? Because usually when I call out for sheep I get mislynched. (I'm one of those that are always read as Scum regardless of alignment. :( ) I'll say my piece and if others agee they can climb on board. If they don't I'll make note of it and FoS them. For later.

:neutral:
There are two key parts to playing a good town game.

1. Spotting scum.
2. Lynching scum.

You're basically claiming to be doing only one of these.
Whoop-dee-doo, that's not going to help us win even if you're right. So what's the point at that stage?

In post 1727, ArcAngel9 wrote:I am going out of station from tomorrow, Can someone give a quick insight on what's going on here because I am certain that I wont have time at this moment to catch up this game but when I return I surely will go back and get some understanding. So, anyone is dear enough to give me an insight?

Here is your insight - get a vote in play and stop doing nothing.
Here are some good options for who to vote;

1. CDB - because you think the Hider hid behind him.
2. Peacebringer - for twigging Thor's gut and being otherwise not helpful.

Both of those are very valid wagons.
Pick one.
Quite frankly, you should have picked one before going on this odd pseudo-v/la.
I don't even understand what you're doing to help town at this stage.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Titus »

Thor, you are creeping me out but I cannot articulate why. Given I cannot no one should sheep me there. I will try to articulate why tonight.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Okay?
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Narninian »

Just what are you DOING with that hammer to titus thor?
The extra in is for /in
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

A gentleman never says.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:08 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1719, Thor665 wrote:Why is that? Is Zabing a strong town read for you?

Revisit means run him up again... he got off scott free- happens a lot around here... it is stupid
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:09 am

Post by Titus »

Can I claim he beat me over the head making my moonlogic?

No seriously, I have known Thor the longest and he knows my game well. In the last game we played I read him totally wrong. So I am reluctant to put my thoughts out until they can be clear to me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:09 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1737, Thor665 wrote:I have Narn as town and no issue with Pere - what am I missing here?

My brain... and I certainly don't have yours...
why do you have Narn town and no issue with pere?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1737, Thor665 wrote:2. Peacebringer - for twigging Thor's gut and being otherwise not helpful.

what do you consider helpful and how are others fitting into that helpful mode? How is interaction, say for example, different than Narn and Pere who have done nothing, really? Or is my "nothing" more prone to wig you out?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1737, Thor665 wrote:Outside of their general lurkishness, is there a reason for this?

2 more people I would say have done nothing RIP and Zabing done compared to me who you think has done nothing?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:14 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1737, Thor665 wrote:There are two key parts to playing a good town game.1. Spotting scum.2. Lynching scum.You're basically claiming to be doing only one of these.Whoop-dee-doo, that's not going to help us win even if you're right. So what's the point at that stage?

and what have you done. YOu have not lynched scum, and right now you are just defending folks who are randomly doing nothing and pointing at others. Sure, it is how you play the game, but you are presenting hypocritical arrogance if you are town. If you are scum, please, by all means, continue.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

hey Nero, you pretty much have suspected me every game we have been in. I would hardly call my engagement here lurky... but guess what, some times I do engage less as town...
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:56 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Jamierus and ChannelDelibird have been prodded.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”