Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Fro99er »

Tool did not have a post on Thurs or Fri, so suspicion of him delaying daystart is reduced. Looking up Tex next.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Fro99er »

Tex did not post from Wed at 7:30pm my time until Fri around 7pm my time, so tex's delay also jives with just not being online. Suspicion reduced there.

Lapsa next.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:43 am

Post by texcat »

Thor clarified somewhat in that his was @ Tool.

Platinus, That's the 2nd time you've mentioned your ability to read Frogger. What's up with that? Is there anybody else you think you can sort?

And yeah, I work a lot of afternoons and can't post. You'll mostly see me in the morning and evening.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Plotinus »

texcat, mathdino asked me what my read on fro99er was in . I replied in to say that I didn’t have one yet.

A lot of this is just noise to me at the moment that’ll make sense in hindsight. When I do have serious read, I’ll let you know.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Fro99er »

Lapsa did not post between 11:30am Thursday my time and 11:30 pm friday my time, so suspicion also reduced.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: toolenduso

because they are the one I have the scummiest read on right now. Plotinus is sincere in that they know they can sort me later. I do like Math's push from a town standpoint. Tex and Thor have both thought in the same mindset as myself, both times while I was posting the exact same thing, which suits me well for now for townreads on them.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 52, texcat wrote:Platinus, That's the 2nd time you've mentioned your ability to read Frogger. What's up with that?

In defense of Plotinus, he has spectated almost every game of mine. We both joined about the same time, and happened to find out we were spectating each others newbie games to get a feel for the site. It's kind of funny. But he's 100% correct I can be sorted as town with time. I'm pretty obvtown as town.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 38, Fro99er wrote:I like my Lapsa vote because Lapsa and tex were last two to confirm, delaying game start and giving scum more time to talk before game start. I didn't see who was the third to last to confirm, because the game starts when 11 of 13 confirm, but I did see tex and Lapsa were the last two.

I blame Aeronaut's vague instructions:

Please confirm with your role, alignment, and favorite ice cream flavor!

never did confirm and this insulting entanglement is why I never will
abcedminded
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 54, Fro99er wrote:Lapsa did not post between 11:30am Thursday my time and 11:30 pm friday my time, so suspicion also reduced.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: toolenduso

because they are the one I have the scummiest read on right now. Plotinus is sincere in that they know they can sort me later. I do like Math's push from a town standpoint. Tex and Thor have both thought in the same mindset as myself, both times while I was posting the exact same thing, which suits me well for now for townreads on them.
In post 55, Fro99er wrote:
In post 52, texcat wrote:Platinus, That's the 2nd time you've mentioned your ability to read Frogger. What's up with that?

In defense of Plotinus, he has spectated almost every game of mine. We both joined about the same time, and happened to find out we were spectating each others newbie games to get a feel for the site. It's kind of funny. But he's 100% correct I can be sorted as town with time. I'm pretty obvtown as town.

I hope I don't regret this, but I really like these posts in terms of townishness. The cliche "this is either town or ballsy scum" is definitely appropriate for the last 2 lines and doesn't fit the self consciousness I'd expect from a first time scum. Also genuine-seeming results and vote switching.

UNVOTE: Frogger

Reading the thread again one sec.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Mathdino »

Alright looking back I think texcat's suspicions and questioning seem not-really-scumhunty and forced. The backing off thing she claimed tool did is stretchy too.

VOTE: texcat

Yo texcat
, could you explain what you wanted to get out of the question you asked Plotinus on reading Frogger? Did you find it scummy or were you trying to clarify, or...?

I wish the me-wagon was more interesting in terms of reads. No thoughts on Lapsa/BBT.

tool, Plotin, and Frogger are town reads atm, texcat is scumread, Thor is a Thor read, everyone else is null.
Lapsa
needs to give thoughts on posts that don't contain his name.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:51 am

Post by toolenduso »

@Math:

In post 26, Thor665 wrote:What's wrong with the tone of
(Fro99er's)
post?
I read it as lighthearted and, honestly, got a slight town vibe off it - I don't even remotely see the issue in tone and the meta issue appeared to be a lie. I felt like
(Fro99er)
was working hard to justify a gak vote, and then
(tool)
agreed with
(Math)
, which is almost worse on a scale of derp to scum.

In post 32, toolenduso wrote:
(Fr099er)
working hard to justify a gak vote, yes. That's a good way to put it. Kind of like wanting to mask any meaning behind it. Just a general vibe (weak, mind you) of being conscious of the way
(Fro99er)
looked.

Why is agreeing with
(Math)
scummy in particular?

Changes in bold.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 58, Mathdino wrote:Lapsa needs to give thoughts on posts that don't contain his name.

vanilla tastes best
abcedminded
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Plotinus »

VOTE: Lapsa

Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 61, Plotinus wrote:VOTE: Lapsa

why are you voting me?
abcedminded
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:37 am

Post by texcat »

Mathdino,

My question to Plotinus was re these two posts which said almost the same thing. I was wondering why he said the same thing twice, especially when he didn't have much else to say. It looked like it might be a soft defense of Frogger. I did miss your direct question to him in .

Plus I am always skeptical when someone claims to be able to sort or read someone else. I've found that at least half of the time they are wrong.
In post 31, Plotinus wrote:If fro99er is scum, it’s probably his first time so it’ll be obvious soon enough, I think.

In post 48, Plotinus wrote:I don’t know fro99er well enough yet to have a serious read yet. This is our first game together, but we’ve spectated a few of each other’s games and then we finally had a conversation recently. I know that usually he’s pretty obvtown so given time he’ll be easy enough to sort.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 62, Lapsa wrote:
In post 61, Plotinus wrote:VOTE: Lapsa

why are you voting me?

Seconded.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Shinobi »

First impression. This person:

In post 63, texcat wrote:Mathdino,

My question to Plotinus was re these two posts which said almost the same thing. I was wondering why he said the same thing twice, especially when he didn't have much else to say. It looked like it might be a soft defense of Frogger. I did miss your direct question to him in .

Plus I am always skeptical when someone claims to be able to sort or read someone else. I've found that at least half of the time they are wrong.
In post 31, Plotinus wrote:If fro99er is scum, it’s probably his first time so it’ll be obvious soon enough, I think.

In post 48, Plotinus wrote:I don’t know fro99er well enough yet to have a serious read yet. This is our first game together, but we’ve spectated a few of each other’s games and then we finally had a conversation recently. I know that usually he’s pretty obvtown so given time he’ll be easy enough to sort.

Is kinda smart. I agree with the Plotinus votes as of right now. Not a fan of his unexplained scumread on Lapsa and his non-opinion on Frogger leaves something to be desired.
VOTE: plotinus
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Shinobi »

@Math: Why is plotinus town?
abuse
abuse
Goon
abuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:20 am

Post by abuse »

I'm here too guys! like totally!

the FroggerxPlotinus yaoi thing is quite interesting.
Plotinus' side of the story seems to be present, what about Frogger's?

Frogger - what can you say about Plotinus?
abuse
abuse
Goon
abuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:21 am

Post by abuse »

In post 65, Shinobi wrote:First impression. This person:

Is kinda smart. I agree with the Plotinus votes as of right now.
Not a fan of his unexplained scumread on Lapsa
and his non-opinion on Frogger leaves something to be desired.

Pls explain the bolded, where do you see a scumread? All I see is a naked vote.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 68, abuse wrote:
In post 65, Shinobi wrote:First impression. This person:

Is kinda smart. I agree with the Plotinus votes as of right now.
Not a fan of his unexplained scumread on Lapsa
and his non-opinion on Frogger leaves something to be desired.

Pls explain the bolded, where do you see a scumread? All I see is a naked vote.

A vote would imply a scumread, no?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Plotinus »

Back from dinner now.

I am townleaning fro99er for now because I’ve liked his posts so far and his response to pressure seemed natural. In , I actually meant that it would be obvious in general, even to people who aren’t me. In pretty much all of his games he’s universally townread once he gets going. But saying that was also somewhat of a test, because if he isn't town here then he might feel pressured by knowing that he has a reputation to live up to. Since fro99er has moved into the townlean pile, my vote was no longer doing anything useful.

Lapsa’s was pretty fluffy which is reason enough for an early vote, but additionally it looked like he was crumbing vanilla townie, which if true, is either an attempt to draw the nightkill away from himself (the opposite of what a vanilla townie should be doing) or something to point at late game when people wonder why he’s still alive “I crumbed vanilla so they didn’t NK me”.

abuse
abuse
Goon
abuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 am

Post by abuse »

In post 70, Plotinus wrote:Back from dinner now.
Lapsa’s was pretty fluffy which is reason enough for an early vote, but additionally it looked like he was crumbing vanilla townie, which if true, is either an attempt to draw the nightkill away from himself (the opposite of what a vanilla townie should be doing) or something to point at late game when people wonder why he’s still alive “I crumbed vanilla so they didn’t NK me”.

You're not saying all the options.
There is one more thing that you kinda conveniently failed to mention, in which such a crumb (if it even is a crumb) is a good play, and it makes your entire though pattern go out the window, and in retrospect makes your vote bad.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 70, Plotinus wrote:Back from dinner now.

I am townleaning fro99er for now because I’ve liked his posts so far and his response to pressure seemed natural. In , I actually meant that it would be obvious in general, even to people who aren’t me. In pretty much all of his games he’s universally townread once he gets going. But saying that was also somewhat of a test, because if he isn't town here then he might feel pressured by knowing that he has a reputation to live up to. Since fro99er has moved into the townlean pile, my vote was no longer doing anything useful.

Do you think only scum breadcrumbs vanilla town?
What does scum gain by trying to deflect the nightkill that they already control?
abuse
abuse
Goon
abuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 am

Post by abuse »

In post 69, Shinobi wrote:

You should know better than this.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 73, abuse wrote:
In post 69, Shinobi wrote:

You should know better than this.

I don't understand what you're implying.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”