Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

@Cheetory, I know you're annoyed with me telling you something is large, when you find it nitpicky, but what I push and WHY I push it are basics to reading me. Also, your oblivious was not apparent in Signs and Void. When I'm scum, I'm looking at a different sets of details but who I can manipulate and pull versus the actual substance of the post. A player being oblivious and obviously so is something I'll notice as either alignment. Careless errors I won't as scum most likely, or I'll deliberately ignore them for towncred. However, such "careless" errors are what can expose scum.

@Singer, Such arrogance and bravado will annoy me, doubly so when the player posts no content. You posting something like that in this situation it won't bother me. Signs and Void regarding your slot being scum FFery had literally tied my hands because of our relationship and Uncouth Mafia. I wasn't about to shit all over FFery never being wrong on Empire when FFery listened to me on Egg after a long drawn out battle. Plus, I wasn't looking at your alignment. Sure, town can be arrogant regarding being mislynched. But generally, there's a reason WHY such arrogance happens. You were pretty town in Signs and Void. If I was town, I probably would have objected to that bullshit you pulled. Rune frankly isn't town enough to warrant that arrogance. He's saying he's looking for quality analysis, where the fuck is it?

As for why I'd never hydrate myself here, I'm not that arrogant. My early game needs work.

@Seiko, The Tamala read is based on how well I know Mala. Yes, if it was Tammy alone I'd be agreeing with you on that read.

@Rune, I'd like you to elaborate on your reads more, since you like quality analysis and all. Why is HH scum?
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

^^ Titus.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Some details about the reads:

Rune

Honestly, I think Homiletic Homunculi summed up my thoughts on Rune's early game pretty well:

"He's usually constructive? I can't imagine his current play being further from that word." ~ It amuses me that I'm using my own flavor's quote... Does that make it my quote? :D

Now that he's been called out, he's playing no better, but he now claims to have "reads" which basically amount to omgus. He won't provide any reasoning for his reads, which I'm guessing - probably because he currently has none. I suspect that he doesn't expect either of us to get lynched today (possibly the Angry Frat Bros comment gave him some additional degree of arrogance which he clearly didn't need)... If that's the case, then he's basically trying to set up a day 2 lynch - which is in no way a town move. I don't see any other reasoning for him to be pushing me without any basis for the push other than, he expects that it will help him with some sort of validity if and when he finally does develop a case.

Main points:

~ Detrimental to town
~ Setting up lynches before he has any reads and before anything is actually posted about them
~ Distancing from Homiletic Homunculi ~ I'm guessing they are scum reading each other, but neither is stating it as a firm read, HH gave a ton of good reasons early why Rune is playing anti-town, then went on to vote someone else, didn't come back to Rune until he decided a hydration vote was in order. Rune on the other hand declares two firm scum reads, then corrects saying HH is a "maybe".

Homiletic Homunculi

I don't like his opening, it seems like when the game picked up, he kind of wasn't really prepared for it and I think that post is very telling...

Spoiler:
In post 187, Homiletic Homunculi wrote:Rune seems pretty town!

-C

In post 337, Homiletic Homunculi wrote:
In post 255, Ricastle wrote:Ceph, it doesen't really matter anymore, but my original post was a gambit to get hydrated. The site I originated from I almost always rolled scum, but not yet here.

I agree with SxN on the posting issue. I had to skim the past 5 pages without really taking it in to catch up and I'm not really seeing any point where I'll be able to calmly overview the events. Although I suppose that's what you get for joining a game with what, 8 hydras?

I agree that it doesn't matter. But I don't know why I had to jump through hoops to get a simple question answered.

I also probably asked you something else, but I forget.

I would think you'd have been chomping at the bit to crow about your gambit. That isn't the sort of thing that ordinarily needs to be extracted like a particularly stubborn tooth.

Everything Rune has posted this game wrote:etc

Why?

Moreover, why do you hate transparency?

In post 298, Angry Frat BROs wrote:wgeurts is scum unfortunately :\

Yeah I hated the wguereutre post, really awkward

In post 306, NotAnAxehole wrote:Flavor:

I'm Cephrir and I'm furrrtastic... There is also an image of Pumbaa for my flavor.

I'm in this game?!? <3 <3 <3

In post 312, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Oh my god you guys.

We aren't lynching Rune or Ricastle Today.

@whoever asked: wgeurts is the one making scummy posts.

why

In post 315, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 312, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Oh my god you guys.

We aren't lynching Rune or Ricastle Today.

@whoever asked: wgeurts is the one making scummy posts.

Just to meta rune, his town play is usually... Well, his town play is constantly screaming town. I don't have that vibe this game, usually he's more positive and constructive even early in the game. He doesn't have many forum games, so it's hard to tell 100% how valid that information is, but it's definitely worth noting that if we're not lynching him, he's probably the worst hydration target.

He's usually constructive? I can't imagine his current play being further from that word.

In post 330, Cait Sith wrote:Yeah btw we probably shouldn't fluff. we have a shitton of high posters this game (Titus, Tammy, Mala, Wisdom, ns, sonic) which will already make the game a decently high PC once it gets going.

I resent not being on this list D:<

lol this sounds so off

i know it's anen and he always sounds off but i've played with anen once and lynched him correctly so

VOTE: espyonecheagegef

also mod i am hydrating no one

-C

p.s. I'm v/la this weekend

I included the Rune town read because I think it's pretty important here. Basically, there is kind of a random town read on Rune, which is followed up by questioning why anything from Rune's play is town. Like, he just asks him in one of the following posts "Why do you hate transparency", "Rune's posts couldn't be further from constructive". Okay... Where does the town "Tone" come from? That's my biggest issue with HH right now, and it's not limited to that one instance, it seems like he posts these things about people to emulate scum hunting, but it's really disingenuous because at the end of his post, he just slaps on a vote to one of the cases and I'm left wondering why someone who had a case on them is suddenly town and what happened to all of the other cases? Why was the vote moved ~ neither the first nor the second case looked more solid because he developed them equally.

Another good example of disingenuous scum hunting is how he "scum reads" me for having a mild town read (as you can see in my read list) on Oversoul. I imagine it'll eventually come to being my turn on the basis of "Well, the read is equally developed, let's see if this sticks".

Major points:

~ Disingenuous scumhunting
~ He has absolutely no reason to town read Rune (as he outlined himself)

Bottom 2 reads have been developed about as much as they can be at the moment, I need to go through this again to check on TWIE and Cait Sith ~ TWIE really doesn't have much to elaborate on, I haven't checked any of the recent Cait Sith posts since the initial read, I will go back and read those to provide an update there.
Last edited by Pinksmoke on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
This team is ruining my life!
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Rune »

In post 551, p2 wrote:why did you make that post rune

Why haven't you asked the mod why she does it? Yeah, I went there.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@MOD can you please remove the quotes from my last post, I copy pasta'd the previous reads, modified it, but forgot to remove the quotes...

done
Last edited by Pinksmoke on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by Rune »

Titus I already caught scum. Anyone isoing axe should see this.

Axe I'm sorry you rolled scum on this one.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Rune »

To be extremely clear, axe is by far the best lynch today. Not in favour of any other d1 lynch at the moment.
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

Rune, I'm not going fishing for your reasons. You want Axe lynched, make a case.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Rune »

That's fair, and I will when I need to.

The homunculus is probably scum. I'm willing to admit I might be wrong. But yeah, I'll make a case there. Axe is just obvious.

Frankly I'm not terribly interested in convincing people at this point. I'm satisfied knowing axe is scum and that anyone wanting to lynch me today is brilliantly silly.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Rune »

I like Titus. I don't like sonic. The slot is likely town. Glass was town.
Need moar overlysoul in this game though.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 549, NotAnAxehole wrote:^ To add on that, I really like how your question is worded to me.

Not that I like questioning town reads on me, but I guess I can't really argue with gut. It just seemed really shallow considering I was out of the discussion for several pages. I questioned Oversoul's read on me for the same reason, since at that point I had made like two posts, neither of which were spectacularly alignment indicative.

One more question, though...putting me at the top of your reads list for town...what exactly were you hoping to accomplish? Like, I know you wanted to see my reaction, but I've never seen someone reaction-test like that before. Can you walk me through what you would've expected from scum? Or if you had a particular reaction you were expecting from town other than the one I gave? What confirmed it? (I'm looking for transparency here because I'm really just not following your logic)

@Titus/Sonic...where do you think my arrogance stemmed from in that game? I don't think arrogance is a scumtell...quite the opposite actually. I see a statement like that coming more from someone who feels strongly that their alignment will be their defense, not from someone who can't afford to be lynched, i.e. scum.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 557, Rune wrote:Titus I already caught scum. Anyone isoing axe should see this.

Why don't you make it easier on those of us who don't feel like reading with bias and just point out what's scummy yourself? :]
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by Rune »

Singer you're so likable I dislike it.
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

@Singer, Arrogance to me comes from having a strong wall at your back not wanting to lynch you. You think that comes from alignment, I guess you're not mislynched very often. As scum, I'm incredibly likable early. As town, not so much. So I tend to be more survivalist as town than scum. I expect that play from rational players as well because meta changes on a dime and each game is its own universe if playing well. Arrogance comes from not being mislynched. That should come from scum more than town. As scum, I have no problems with being lynched. I just like to see it coming so I can craft a narrative. For instance, I replaced into a boned scum slot day 1 in the last game Cheetory hosted. All I talked about was my buddies being scum and threw an iota of shade at Pisskop. When I get a scum PM, there's people at my back who I KNOW will not lynch me unless strategy dictates. As town, there is no "security blanket". Much like an infant goes and explores the world, but likes to have a base to come back to in his/her/cis/ces parental figures.

@Rune, You're never getting my vote or a townread until you actually act like town. This pretense, fascade is not fooling me.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 562, singersigner wrote:
One more question, though...putting me at the top of your reads list for town...what exactly were you hoping to accomplish? Like, I know you wanted to see my reaction, but I've never seen someone reaction-test like that before. Can you walk me through what you would've expected from scum? Or if you had a particular reaction you were expecting from town other than the one I gave? What confirmed it? (I'm looking for transparency here because I'm really just not following your logic)

Basically if you were any less confident, it would have given me strong doubts. It's very hard to get people to read their own games and point out why they shouldn't be considered as town and/or why they should be considered as scum. I think that being able to do this effectively is a very strong tell as to if someone is scum or not. Scum will have a harder time to look at their own play and point out why it's scummy because all of their actions have scummy intentions. I think this was a very good, yet admittedly not all encompassing test in that regard (and obviously, this could result in countless other scenarios that aren't telling ~ I am satisfied with this reaction being pretty telling of alignment).
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Rune »

How does that change when I flip and you're wrong?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I just came back from work so I'm tired.
I'll catch up tomorrow.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

In post 566, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 562, singersigner wrote:

Basically if you were any less confident, it would have given me strong doubts. It's very hard to get people to read their own games and point out why they shouldn't be considered as town and/or why they should be considered as scum. I think that being able to do this effectively is a very strong tell as to if someone is scum or not. Scum will have a harder time to look at their own play and point out why it's scummy because all of their actions have scummy intentions. I think this was a very good, yet admittedly not all encompassing test in that regard (and obviously, this could result in countless other scenarios that aren't telling ~ I am satisfied with this reaction being pretty telling of alignment).

Anyone has a problem defining what traits of theirs are scummy. That's a universal issue. I do thinks that are anti-town, sure. Every does. I'm also capable of discussing the difference between my town and scum games regardless of my alignment. That's a personality tell.

As scum, just selecting the right traits to emphasize or de-emphasize. As town, it's a more honest assessment but the point is the same. Some people are just more abstract thinkers (like myself) and others are not.

~Titus
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 563, singersigner wrote:
In post 557, Rune wrote:Titus I already caught scum. Anyone isoing axe should see this.

Why don't you make it easier on those of us who don't feel like reading with bias and just point out what's scummy yourself? :]

Rune's play easily summed up:

Spoiler:

Really though, Rune's posts have actually just hit the bottom of my priority order of reading the thread. I'm going to read Cait Sith's ISO now and review that read now... Assuming I don't fall asleep while doing this, I should have another post out sooooooooooooooooon... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

My biggest question is to HH, since I think I adequately responded as far as "presenting my read on you" ~ I forget in which post you asked about it.

When you review your own play, do you agree with the points made? (whether or not you agree if they're alignment indicative is a different story) Please elaborate on anything you think makes sense to my read and which you also feel is not alignment indicative.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I just noticed something. I'm pretty sure, judging by the intro, this game is multiball. In 302, Ricastle asks, "Why is that? You rolled a tridra?"

Maybe this could mean he is part of the pink?
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Rune »

I also thought that was odd but I don't think it is indicative.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Rune »

Titus answer my question about what happens when I flip and you're wrong.

Has anyone looked axes iso and is still willing to say he is town?
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Sonic Boom »

In post 530, p2 wrote:As an added plus: I've never missed a vig kill before. And I've made a lot of them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”