Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by sangres »

bork if you're scum this time I'm going to be officially terrified of playing with you for a while.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

As much as I like the hypothetical compliment, you can bank this one

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

God and tammy hasn't even posted

-b
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by sangres »

meds are kicking in when the game finally starts to take off :/

I want to compare notes with you about stuff that snagged so far, but it's probably going to have to wait until tomorrow.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Empire popped in, his town read on Yuriko is dead - It was based around him thinking the "how do I get reads you people are weird" being about peoples play rather than the setup, he agrees that it being about the setup isn't genuine/doesn't make sense. Still not sold on his Sangres town read (Though I'm starting to see it re; ) but he's agreeing p strongly on Bork being town which is nice.

He also says I'm a turdman that can't read his trolling and his comment on Quilfords post being scummy wasn't serious (The initial vote on Quilford was though). I read it as town-ish because I can imagine that being something Town!Quilford would contemplate (especially with by absence from the thread despite being online elsewhere at the time, something he was aware of) but it's p weak reasoning and I still dislike his earlier posts.

In post 74, Gold Saucer wrote:This kinda implies you think she's scummy. Do you?

Yes, am leaning that way, it's weakened by the fact that she is ESL though (which is generally something I have trouble reading). There's slightly more to this but I don't want to go into it right now; remind me if I forget to bring it up later because Empire things it's p important.

In post 72, sangres wrote:My question about who made the post had nothing at all to do with wanting to speak with Empire.

What did the fact that Empire made that post tell you and how would it have changed if I were the one that made the post?
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

What do you think about the Yuriko thing in general re: 46/55 and reactions surrounding?

p-edit: Well, start with that question. I'll be around sporadically tomm.

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 79, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Empire popped in, his town read on Yuriko is dead - It was based around him thinking the "how do I get reads you people are weird" being about peoples play rather than the setup, he agrees that it being about the setup isn't genuine/doesn't make sense. Still not sold on his Sangres town read (Though I'm starting to see it re; Post 75) but he's agreeing p strongly on Bork being town which is nice.

Why would his initial interpretation imply Yuriko is town, then?

-b
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 79, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:What did the fact that Empire made that post tell you and how would it have changed if I were the one that made the post?

I thought the sentiment sounded a little forced coming from Empire, but could be that he was just that keyed up about the game. Which was *sort of* confirmed by his answer to my questions. It didn't have some of the tone I remember from his rvs play in the space game, though.

I don't know you well enough to make that kind of judgement.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:54 pm

In post 81, Gold Saucer wrote:Why would his initial interpretation imply Yuriko is town, then?

-b

I'll take this one. My initial interpretation suggested to me that Yuriko is town because, beneath the surface, she is trying to get reads but finds the conversations/early game fuckery impenetrable and is voicing her frustration about it in the thread.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Hi guys! I just got back home and am super duper tres tired. If I get some grading done and wake up, I'll post something. Otherwise, tomorrow. But Bork's got this, so.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:07 pm

In post 82, sangres wrote:I thought the sentiment sounded a little forced coming from Empire, but could be that he was just that keyed up about the game. Which was *sort of* confirmed by his answer to my questions. It didn't have some of the tone I remember from his rvs play in the space game, though.

FWIW, I think that my play once Day 1 actually started is a lot closer to Mafia in Space than you're thinking (minus the lighthearted banter, probably due to the side effects of drawing a town PM in this particular game vs. that one). Also, Regfan thinks that we're obvtown already so you should just sheep him, he's good at mafia you know?

In post 84, Gold Saucer wrote:Hi guys! I just got back home and am super duper tres tired. If I get some grading done and wake up, I'll post something. Otherwise, tomorrow. But Bork's got this, so.

Hey Tammy, bork's inexplicably already more obvtown than you. How does this make you
feel
?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 80, Gold Saucer wrote:What do you think about the Yuriko thing in general re: 46/55 and reactions surrounding?

p-edit: Well, start with that question. I'll be around sporadically tomm.

-b

I started meta-ing her yesterday. I'm not done with that yet, but so far my impression is that she's a fairly assertive and thoughtful player as either alignment, once I got past her most recent completed games (which happened last year during the timeframe when the site went down and data was lost. It looked like the timing of that knocked her for a loop and she wound up being replaced in her games).

Anyway, her start here looked way more hesitant than the games from last year that I've looked at so far. Unlike Empire, I thought her early posts about players being weird looked a little scummy. Being confused about the setup, given she's mostly played newbie games so far, is a little less concerning to me. I don't have a warm fuzzy, though.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

I would hope he's inexplicably more obvtown than me considering he's made 20 of our 21 posts and mine is a post to say I'll post at some point.

If anything it makes me feel more carefree!

(I never care if someone is more obvtown than me though; just that people see me as obvtown.)
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 85, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 82, sangres wrote:I thought the sentiment sounded a little forced coming from Empire, but could be that he was just that keyed up about the game. Which was *sort of* confirmed by his answer to my questions. It didn't have some of the tone I remember from his rvs play in the space game, though.

FWIW, I think that my play once Day 1 actually started is a lot closer to Mafia in Space than you're thinking (minus the lighthearted banter, probably due to the side effects of drawing a town PM in this particular game vs. that one). Also, Regfan thinks that we're obvtown already so you should just sheep him, he's good at mafia you know?

why are the side effects different?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 79, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:I read it as town-ish because I can imagine that being something Town!Quilford would contemplate (especially with by absence from the thread despite being online elsewhere at the time, something he was aware of)

This isn't something I was aware of actually! But I'll take your townpoints anyway. Om nom nom
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Well, ffery, for one thing the quality of this roster is way higher. Also, you (part of the Trinity of Empire readers) and Tammy (pretty accurate at reading me) are here and I don't expect you two to have any problems reading me as town if you're both town like I think you are so that gives me the license to roam free and uninhibited.

Quilford, any thoughts on non-my slot players?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Yarrr

Muffin-sama said he thinks pieguy might actually be scum for the awkward reaction on p1

--Muff
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:20 pm

In post 29, Natirasha wrote:I'll be around starting Monday...Pride is taking up all my time this weekend.

--Muff

Picking up muffin-sama's alt slip

--Muff
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 90, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Well, ffery, for one thing the quality of this roster is way higher. Also, you (part of the Trinity of Empire readers) and Tammy (pretty accurate at reading me) are here and I don't expect you two to have any problems reading me as town if you're both town like I think you are so that gives me the license to roam free and uninhibited.

I said something earlier about jumping at every little thing during the pregame phase, so there's that. You seem to be roaming more freely now, but I had the opposite impression from your first 2-3 posts.

I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself to get this read right and not dally about it.

p-edit, I kinda agree about pieguy.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Oh hey, I just realized that if the stars align, we could have this game solved by the end of day two.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Muffin-sama also wanted to power-lynch the Regfan hydra because he thought it would be funny but I don't think he thinks they're scum.

--Muff
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 90, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Well, ffery, for one thing the quality of this roster is way higher. Also, you (part of the Trinity of Empire readers) and Tammy (pretty accurate at reading me) are here and I don't expect you two to have any problems reading me as town if you're both town like I think you are so that gives me the license to roam free and uninhibited.

Yes. Leaning town on all the hydras basically. Nothing super solid behind it, just picking up what they're putting down
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Actually, Yuriko could be scum. Golden Shower might be town. Gentlemen maybe town.

Vote: Yuriko

-Nati
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 pm

I think sangers is good at saying the names of people in this player list, too. It is a valuable skill to have.

-Nati
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by sangres »

what does that mean?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”