Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Titus »

The game does not have to be multiball solely because of its size. Also, weak roles and hiders can develop here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1850, Titus wrote:The game does not have to be multiball solely because of its size. Also, weak roles and hiders can develop here.

Develop? Clue me in.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1851, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1850, Titus wrote:The game does not have to be multiball solely because of its size. Also, weak roles and hiders can develop here.

Develop? Clue me in.

KPN is factored not solely by vigs, scum and SKs. Hider roles or anything with a weak modifier, lovers, and other roles can increase KPN.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1849, Klingoncelt wrote:There was only one kill Nights 1 & 2, assuming that Maxwell hid N1 (and I think he did.) Now assuming that the Mafia made the kills, where are the Vig kills? Surely there's a Vig, maybe a PGO, possibly a 3rd Party in a game this size. Why only 1 kill both Nights? Something doesn't add up here. It's bugging me.

I have been in Larges with limited kills.
Also, quite frankly, what you're arguing here is a viable reason to argue for a SK or a second scum team just as much as to argue for a Vig.
that you went Vig as first and only is kind of unsettling. I intentionally use that word and not scummy, because I'm not sure if it's scummy or not, but it reads weird to me. Let's drop this because of the two alternatives I can see one is good and one is derptastic, and I can't figure out how to properly address it at this point.

You say you vibe town on CDB, but you seem to agree that it's a 50/50 for who Max hid behind - wouldn't that make CDB a fairly smart lynch choice unless you solid read him as town?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1852, Titus wrote:
In post 1851, Klingoncelt wrote:

Develop? Clue me in.

KPN is factored not solely by vigs, scum and SKs. Hider roles or anything with a weak modifier, lovers, and other roles can increase KPN.

Oh, okay, I get it now.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1853, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1849, Klingoncelt wrote:There was only one kill Nights 1 & 2, assuming that Maxwell hid N1 (and I think he did.) Now assuming that the Mafia made the kills, where are the Vig kills? Surely there's a Vig, maybe a PGO, possibly a 3rd Party in a game this size. Why only 1 kill both Nights? Something doesn't add up here. It's bugging me.

I have been in Larges with limited kills.
Also, quite frankly, what you're arguing here is a viable reason to argue for a SK or a second scum team just as much as to argue for a Vig.
that you went Vig as first and only is kind of unsettling. I intentionally use that word and not scummy, because I'm not sure if it's scummy or not, but it reads weird to me. Let's drop this because of the two alternatives I can see one is good and one is derptastic, and I can't figure out how to properly address it at this point.

You say you vibe town on CDB, but you seem to agree that it's a 50/50 for who Max hid behind - wouldn't that make CDB a fairly smart lynch choice unless you solid read him as town?

The large games I've been in always had a vig or PGO or some sort of Town shooting role. They didn't always have a second Scum team or a 3rd Party. Anyway, Titus' answer cleared up my confusion. (One lynch and one NK at a time, this game would last until Christmas!)

So yeah, CDB is a 50/50 shot at being Scum. Actually maybe more than 50%, I can't get why Maxwell would crumb CDB then hide somewhere else.

So, if Nero fails to hammer, I'll be happy to do it.
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Titus »

ugh, I'm beginning to think Klingon is scum and expected a higher KPN to help her team.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1856, Titus wrote:ugh, I'm beginning to think Klingon is scum and expected a higher KPN to help her team.

What?

C'mon, how many large games have we been in together where there was only one kill each Night?
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

It was creeping me out.
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Titus »

And how many times do I tell you not to rolefish in public? You're asking things that, right now, only scum need to know the answers to.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1859, Titus wrote:And how many times do I tell you not to rolefish in public? You're asking things that, right now, only scum need to know the answers to.

:facepalm:

Sorry. It wasn't meant as rolefishing, more like trying to get a grip on the setup.

Anyway, if Nero doesn't hammer, I'll do it.
-
MiniDeathStar
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 1839, Thor665 wrote:@CDB - you have had a hammer intent posted against you and posted since then without claiming. Was this intentional? I'm fine with you if you'd prefer to not claim prior to being hammered, i just want to make sure that's your goal.

I didn't claim because I don't intend to be lynched. However, seeing as enough people seem to be willing to yawn onto the Max thing, I guess I'll do that in my next post. First, though:

Also - any changes to your last read list? Or is it still solid at this stage?

This is just not a smart question. If you've read my posts over the last few pages, you know that I think the timing of Titus's move onto me looks like a direct reaction to me actually starting to say things Today, which looks plausibly scum-motivated, so you know that I'm saying when things are changing from my last reads list (which is still only a handful of pages ago). "Still solid" implies that I've shown no flexibility since that big catch-up post and for someone who criticised Titus for not properly paying attention to my posts, I just ... I need you to be sane in this game, Thor, because I think you're town and I have little-to-no faith in a huge chunk of this playerlist. Fucking read what I'm writing, OK?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm Julian Bashir. Here's me trying to crumb this at the start of the game in a way that I thought was somewhat obvious but, in retrospect, probably wasn't as obvious as it ought to have been:

In post 7, ChannelDelibird wrote:I imagine that my companions will be sympathetic to
our man
here being in a mafia game.

Reference to episode 'Our Man Bashir'

In post 18, ChannelDelibird wrote:I don't wish to
bash
a newbie

Obvious

I was trying to play up my identity on Day 1 in the hopes that an attentive scumteam would catch it and nightkill me in the hopes of killing a Doctor, but I'm just a Vanilla Townie. Then LQ flipped town for some fucking reason and now we have this deeply unsatisfactory Max 'crumb' so I guess that's permanently off the table. Hooray.
#greenshirtthursdays
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

You're Julian Bashir but you aren't the Doctor? That's weird.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Anything else to say?

*picks up sledghammer*
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Titus »

CDB, reads please. Like full on wall reads. We are near deadline.

Klingon, You're willing to hammer before people read the claim?

UNVOTE:
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:24 pm

In post 1865, Titus wrote:CDB, reads please. Like full on wall reads. We are near deadline.

Iso me from three pages ago and add a scumread on you. Stop pretending that #1798 doesn't exist.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:24 pm

In post 1863, Klingoncelt wrote:You're Julian Bashir but you aren't the Doctor? That's weird.

Sensible setup design.
#greenshirtthursdays
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Was off Friday and I think was prodded. Sat/Sun post, but probably back Monday.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1865, Titus wrote:CDB, reads please. Like full on wall reads. We are near deadline.

UNVOTE:

I asked him if he had more to say. You'll notice that I didn't go all Ika and hammer him.
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Titus »

1798 just bitches IMO. I am not seeing clear conclusions.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1869, Klingoncelt wrote:

UNVOTE:

I asked him if he had more to say. You'll notice that I didn't go all Ika and hammer him.

That's not my issue. Even if CDB is scum, we should still give people an opportunity to evaluate the claim. We may learn something....

Your reaction here...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 pm

In post 1870, Titus wrote:1798 just bitches IMO. I am not seeing clear conclusions.

Then you're not reading the fucking words, because I explained where I stand on every fucking player.
#greenshirtthursdays
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1871, Titus wrote:
In post 1869, Klingoncelt wrote:

UNVOTE:

That's not my issue. Even if CDB is scum, we should still give people an opportunity to evaluate the claim. We may learn something....

Your reaction here...

I'm going to bed directly. It'll be a good 12 hours before I'm near the computer. Don't worry...
-
MiniDeathStar
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:49 pm

If I'm going to die immediately, I guess the main thing to take away from my reads is the following:

RIP is probably scum. People will say 'blerg generic lurker vote' but different people lurk differently. RIP's behaviour here shows disengagement and lack of self-confidence, which he doesn't lack as town. Jamierus is another whose lurking looks worse than other people's; he looks like scum who is wearied by keeping up an active facade and is taking advantage of the fact that nobody knows who he is to just hang around in the background.

In as much as I can ever read Titus, her treatment of me over the last few pages is pretty scummy. Trying to play down my reads as 'just bitching' and moving onto me at a time that looks very much like trying to make sure that a potentially useful protown voice is silenced before anyone realises that they're making a mistake.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”