oversoul, homuletic homunculi, Rune, singersigner,
Espsyoncheage
: Espysoncheage
Seiko x naomi
: , seiko x naomi
MarioManiac4
: MarioManiac4, NotAnAxehole[/align][/area]

with 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch
deadline is june 29 at 10:36 cst thats in (expired on 2015-06-29 10:36:00)
Last edited by Pinksmoke on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Rune »

Fail
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Rune »

That's the second time. Not fair that you have mod powers :(
Cait Sith
Cait Sith
Goon
Cait Sith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Cait Sith »

In post 653, singersigner wrote:
In post 575, Cait Sith wrote:One thing I do agree with you on is that most people shouldn't have a read at all on my slot yet unless it's by gut I guess. There are very few people here who can read me well enough/know my tone enough to be able to determine I'm town right now. I mean this is a way I've only ever began a game as town, but most people wouldn't know that. But we'll turn on the green high beams soon enough, so!

Isn't Tammy supposed to be well-known for "obvtowning" herself? Wouldn't that be advantageous for your hydra to let her take the reigns and let the people who can read her well, read her?

Also, saying "this is a way I've only ever begun a game as town" immediately negates the fact that we should be town-reading you for it since your awareness of it itself means you can manipulate it as scum.

Preview Edit:
HH is town. (<3 Cheetory)
Rune was pretty damn scummy earlier! But I've not had the heebee jeebees about his posting lately.
I've been trying to feel Axe out since his town read of me was fairly unjustified, and I'm still not sure I accept the way he went about trying to justify it, and it all kind of looks like he was trying to butter me up and then poorly explain why later... :(

That is me! Most of the posts this game have been me. And we'll no, actually, it probably would have been more advantageous for me to sit back and let her take over to see who was town reading us just because they're supposed to, though I think I've probably accomplished the same thing by virtue of doing very little so far.

But that all misses the point if my response. Not science was telling Titus that they shouldn't have us as town yet and I agreed that most people here shouldn't have a read on us because not that many people here actually know how to read me.

I think you've played mafia long enough though though to know your meta point isn't solid. There are some things you can manipulate as scum and some things you cannot. For instance, I know what faradays biggest town tell for me is, and try as I might, I can't do it as scum.

And the point of that wasn't to say I'm town because I've only opened like this as town, but I wouldn't expect many people to read me as town here because not many people here know me and that this is a hallmark of my town game more than scum. Incidentally though people who do know me shouldn't have me as scum but should have a leaning town I'll wait to see what she does when she starts reading and doing stuff read.

~~~

Titus - mala kittens got locked out and must not have gotten the code to get back in, but she told me to tell you that I like to joke around especially at the beginning of the game and we've been making it clear who's posting when we both started posting. It amused me to tell you I was mala when you asked who was posting because I thought it was obviously me and because every game I'm a hydra and you ask me who made a post I tell you my other head did and you always believe me.

Whoever asked I wrote post 603.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Ricastle »

I don't have any knowledge of the flavour past the scum being Tridras and the town being individual players. If I thought the flavour had relation to hydration, which I don't, then I wouldn't have suggested it. Unless that's how it worked in the previous game? I'll check now.

Oh, and where is there indication in the flavour that the Pinks are in this and are scum?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:31 am

Post by singersigner »

In the OP.

@...Tammy...? Ok, fair enough. All I hear is how you're obvtown when you're town and I've seen how you can get put out when people don't see it, so seeing a very blatant comment suggesting that people can't read you very well was awkward and felt like the opposite of what I've seen from your play previously (which evidently made me think it was Mala posting, to be honest).

And my meta point is pretty solid for anyone who plays mafia enough as either alignment, and especially for any sort of competent scum (which again, I thought it was mala posting, and I've heard she likes scum, so). It's the consistency that's hard to manage, which would've been brought about after posting for a while, which again, you're talking about the way you start a game, which is easily replicated. It's weird that you say most people don't know how you start games, though. I thought people were pretty familiar with your play?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Sonic Boom »

@Singer, Mala does not like scum at all.
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Sonic Boom »

@Tammy.... *shakes you* why must you fuck my reads?
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

Tammy, if was you, then it's a null. (It would be very weird from the Malakitty-head, which I know much better.)

–Ane
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
You're such a lame duck wgurts -Bone
And we lied. We're actually Old and Ugly –Aneninen
Speak for yourself Aneninen -wgeurts
Whatever my show now -Bone
Cait Sith
Cait Sith
Goon
Cait Sith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Cait Sith »

I haven't played with a good number of this player list at all or that much, hence I would only expect a few people here to know what my openings are like.

I don't get as out out by being scum read as I used to. But it's never been blanket and I'm used to getting some flak in the early part of the game. How put out I get is a scale comprised of my mood, what I've been doing in the game, how town I think I've been, who's scum reading me, why, and how they're pushing me. Probably some more in the mix.

Though I am able to fake being put out at being scum read when scum! Took me a couple years, but I got it somewhat.

Pedit: meh your read was right in the first place, but you always think I'm scum regardless. I imagine you'll get it back to being right when mala really starts posting.
Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Sonic Boom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Sonic Boom »

In post 2035, Malakittens wrote:I just hate scum <:

Singer, I would state that whoever told you Mala likes scum is wrong or lying. She has lurked twice when I have been her buddy.
Cait Sith
Cait Sith
Goon
Cait Sith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Cait Sith »

Oh I forgot, one thing surprises me and I suppose I could have missed it, but I expected some engagement from pie guys on our slot. She recently caught mala as scum in team mafia, so I thought she'd want to interact with us and sort that early. I guess it doesn't mean as much cuz multiball, but I was surprised not to see it.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Rune »

Bacon and eggs missing from vote count.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Rune »

Singer hydrating me isn't what I meant by asking for a discussion but meh I'll take it.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:09 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 685, Sonic Boom wrote:
In post 2035, Malakittens wrote:I just hate scum <:

Singer, I would state that whoever told you Mala likes scum is wrong or lying. She has lurked twice when I have been her buddy.

Oh. I guess I misunderstood someone on my team talking about it because they were under the impression she put in scum tokens for the TM game. Ugh, then all of that was moot and I'll just resign that slot to null for now.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:13 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 666, Rune wrote:
In post 648, singersigner wrote:
In post 619, Sonic Boom wrote:
In post 615, Ricastle wrote:That it's scum relation. In an all-vanilla D1 what other answer pertaining to relation is there?

I don't think it's that easy?

Rune: Scumreads Axe + HH
Axe: Scumreads Rune + HH
HH: Scumreads Axe but not Rune

It's a very peculiar triangle. Who's scum and who's town? Why? Why would they act in such a manner?

Do you think that they are all scumbuddies? That wouldn't make any sense, would it?

These are all questions that you must ask yourself before answering my main question. It's not that simple. I don't think.

I think it's a case of two people being really stubborn about how well they know the other person, and one other person caught in the mix. I don't think it's that unusual to have a trifecta of scumreads like this, and the fact that you're making it seem like more than that without commenting on it yourself is ~smeh~.

What
are
your thoughts on this?

His read is baseless and really bad. My somewhat trolling start is his reason for me being a one-dimensional obvious scum or playing to lose. This is obviously a hilariously poor reason to scumread someone who isn't a complete noob (which he knows I am not - I refer again to the last game together where he points out that I am the best player he knows).

@Sonic you are wrong - once again not having read the game - I mentioned that I thought it was odd no one thought I was bussing Axe.

Summary of Axe:
Spoiler:
In post 169, NotAnAxehole wrote:
Rune was wrong about everything.

In post 183, NotAnAxehole wrote:
this post of yours is actually retarded.

In post 195, NotAnAxehole wrote:
He's really easy to read.

In post 295, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 293, Rune wrote:I don't want Frat BROs to be hydrated.

Because you're scum and they're town... We get it.

In post 315, NotAnAxehole wrote:

Just to meta rune, his town play is usually... Well, his town play is constantly screaming town. I don't have that vibe this game, usually he's more positive and constructive even early in the game. He doesn't have many forum games, so it's hard to tell 100% how valid that information is, but it's definitely worth noting that if we're not lynching him, he's probably the worst hydration target.

In post 323, NotAnAxehole wrote:
I'll read you like a book.

In post 324, NotAnAxehole wrote:To add on that, your play is more one-dimensional than you probably care to realize.

In post 341, NotAnAxehole wrote:
It seems you've also taken inspiration for your play style from there as "how to easily confirm myself as town".

I'm either scum reading you or really not liking you as town this game, I haven't quite decided, but I'm assuming that will come clear very quickly.

In post 381, NotAnAxehole wrote:
VOTE: Rune

Yes, if you play to be lynched, we can't tell if you're scum or not, it doesn't prove much of a point though.

Basically he assumes that because my start is not super constructive that I am scum, and that my play is one dimensional - referring to the exactly one forum game I have that he knows about. That I am somewhat trolling only because some town idiots did it in that game. That if his read is wrong it is because I'm trying to lose.

His "personal knowledge" of me and my play, or at least his attempted expression of it here, just reeks of scum looking to get rid of someone who caught him and who he wants to dismiss without committing himself. This is again coming from someone who has completed 2 forum games, both of which he was town and fake claimed resulting in a town lynch and ultimately town losing.

I am not playing to be lynched. I am playing to win. Axe is going to flip scum. You're all welcome.

A case! Yay! That's what was really needed for me concerning Rune.
UNVOTE:

And I will vote another scumread of mine.
This was the Sonic wagon as of Votecount 1.12:
Sonic boom: Angry frat BROS, oversoul, randomidget, seiko x naiomi, Ricastle

Wouldn't be surprised if scum was on that wagon at all. Thinking seiko and random, maybe Oversoul or Ricastle.

VOTE: Seiko

Now, we should talk. Who do we hydrate? Sorry, but I'm just not going for p2 here. It looks like the conseseus is on Rune and Ricastle at the moment. I'm alright with hydrating either, but the hydration votes are all over the place, with
wagons as of now. We need to narrow it down more.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

Psyche actually seems town here, unlike the White Flag game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Oversoul »

Rune/Axe, which one of you two is better at reading the other?
Pinksmoke
Pinksmoke
Goon
Pinksmoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Pinksmoke »

Mod here!, just making sure you all know that hydration is plurality, not majority. that means, it isn't going to be known until the end of the day phase
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 530, p2 wrote:Pretty sure that I should be hydrated. I'm very definitely town and the mafia really will think hard about actually killing me; I'm not a hydra, I don't have a reputation for killer town play among you guys, and I'm probably not going to break the game open today. As an added plus: I've never missed a vig kill before. And I've made a lot of them.

Why do you think you'll be a vig?
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Rune »

We haven't played enough challenging games lately for there to be an objective answer. When I am an observer, I am very good at reading axe. When playing with him, I am not great at early town reading him but I am generally much better at early scum reading him. Of course, a lot of the time I also am not immediately certain, saying anything else would obviously be a lie.

Axe would generally be more of a threat to me in terms of his reading ability late game. His strengths, when he chooses to try, are in analyzing people over longer periods - which he can get quite good at. You can tell by his reasoning here that his early read of me is pretty useless.

It is also classic of scum axe to try to make me irrelevant by day two through nk or turning people against me. Usually we would be on the same page d1 but my start here gave him an opening he couldn't pass up.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

What was so bad about your start?
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Rune »

I was trying to be moderately useless. Iso me lol.
Rune
Rune
Goon
Rune
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Rune »

*to appear
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why are you pushing him for deliberately acting scummy
Is this a thing you do with Axe and he should know better?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”