Newbie 1613: Mafia in the Summer (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Cthulhu Dreaming »

OK, so the replacement buys a little time. I haven't read through anything but the last couple of posts yet, but I'll catch up ASAP.

In the meantime, if the players on the LQ wagon would be so kind as to summarize their take on the case, I'd appreciate it.

Meanwhile, I don't want anyone quickhammering the slot while I catch up.

UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety

I'll put the vote back up after my catch-up if the slot warrants a vote. There will not be a no-lynch on my account.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:30 am

Why is *nobody* on the delzdirs/Zentheperpetrator's slot? Has no one noticed the slot active lurking and that the one and only vote cast by that slot dates back to RVS and no reason is given for keeping that vote there?
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:46 am

@Mod - isn't the Ilhom slot due for prodding / replacement? Hasn't posted in nearly four days.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:55 am

Finished skimming the thread. I'm not doing a big wall catch-up post, if anyone has questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Aneninen - null-town
juckter - null-town
notscience vs DP - appears to be town-vs-town.
LQ - scum
Zen - null-scum
Ilhom - null-scum
JTC - null-scum

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:49 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I curious why you have so many scum reads.

A separate matter that may not mean anything: In my experience scum is more likely to replace out than town... Does anyone know why fp replaced out?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
JumpsToConclusions
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:55 am

Post by JumpsToConclusions »

In post 326, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:Why is *nobody* on the delzdirs/Zentheperpetrator's slot? Has no one noticed the slot active lurking and that the one and only vote cast by that slot dates back to RVS and no reason is given for keeping that vote there?

The slot was replaced 3 days ago, and honestly pre/post replacement has not provided much for creating a read, at least for me. Pre-replacement (delzdirs) was pretty much MIA for about a week, and their content was lackluster with questions that went no where. The issue is, is that this has been about a 6 person game from the start, which is pretty terrible. A majority of those players are pretty set on their current vote of Lickety and most likely will not be developing new reads until he is gone.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:57 am

In post 329, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I curious why you have so many scum reads.

I have many null-scum reads, which is to say they're mostly null but I see on the balance scummy behavior from those slots. How many reads do you think I should have?

In post 329, LicketyQuickety wrote:A separate matter that may not mean anything: In my experience scum is more likely to replace out than town... Does anyone know why fp replaced out?

Your experience isn't statistically significant. However, it is true, that in the Newbie queue, replacements are more likely to be newb scum than anything else. What of it?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 330, JumpsToConclusions wrote:
In post 326, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:Why is *nobody* on the delzdirs/Zentheperpetrator's slot? Has no one noticed the slot active lurking and that the one and only vote cast by that slot dates back to RVS and no reason is given for keeping that vote there?

The slot was replaced 3 days ago, and honestly pre/post replacement has not provided much for creating a read, at least for me. Pre-replacement (delzdirs) was pretty much MIA for about a week, and their content was lackluster with questions that went no where. The issue is, is that this has been about a 6 person game from the start, which is pretty terrible. A majority of those players are pretty set on their current vote of Lickety and most likely will not be developing new reads until he is gone.

I said everything I could a couple of posts ago.
We simply don't have time to start another wagon in 5 hours or so. For example, I'll go to bed soon and I'll be away when the Day ends.

Seeing no other possibility we need a hammer.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:04 am

In post 330, JumpsToConclusions wrote:

The slot was replaced 3 days ago, and honestly pre/post replacement has not provided much for creating a read, at least for me. Pre-replacement (delzdirs) was pretty much
MIA for about a week
, and their
content was lackluster
with
questions that went no where
. The issue is, is that this has been about a 6 person game from the start, which is pretty terrible. A majority of those players are pretty set on their current vote of Lickety and most likely will not be developing new reads until he is gone.

(emphasis mine)

You don't find those three bolded elements of your post significant enough to form a read?

The problem I see here is that with the extreme focus that the playerlist has had on first you, and now LQ is allowing other possible scum slots to fly under the radar. IOW, you guys aren't seeing the forest for all the damn trees.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:05 am

In post 332, Aneninen wrote:
We simply don't have time to start another wagon in 5 hours or so.

We have a 48 hour extension.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.13LicketyQuickety (4) - Aneninen, notscience, DoctorPepper, Cthulhu Dreaming
Aneninen (1) - Ilhom
fake plants (1) - Zentheperpetrator
juckter (1) - LicketyQuickety
notscience (1) - JumpsToConclusions

Not Voting (1) - juckter

With 9 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Thursday, June 16, 2015, at 11:30 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-06-16 23:30:00).

Moderator CommentsIlhom has been prodded.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 334, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:

Do we?
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:19 am

In post 336, Aneninen wrote:
In post 334, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:

Do we?

Yeah, look at the post right above yours.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by notscience »

Just because we have an extension doesn't always mean that it's hte best idea to completely dismantle an already exisiting wagon for a last second scramble. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the wagon, but i can think of some players who are increasingly good at spur of the moment last second wagons on town.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 338, notscience wrote:Just because we have an extension doesn't always mean that it's hte best idea to completely dismantle an already exisiting wagon for a last second scramble. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the wagon, but i can think of some players who are increasingly good at spur of the moment last second wagons on town.

Wait... What?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:08 am

In post 338, notscience wrote:Just because we have an extension doesn't always mean that it's hte best idea to completely dismantle an already exisiting wagon for a last second scramble. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the wagon, but i can think of some players who are increasingly good at spur of the moment last second wagons on town.

I'm not suggesting that's what needs to happen. I *am* suggesting that there are overlooked player slots in the game that could stand some close scrutiny. It doesn't have to happen today, but it does need to happen.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:10 am

@Equinox

In post 335, Equinox wrote:LicketyQuickety (4) - Aneninen,
notscience
, DoctorPepper, Cthulhu Dreaming
[...]
Ilhom (1) -
notscience

[...]
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:03 am

Post by Aneninen »

1 day 7 hours.
Are we lynching LQ or are we about to build a better wagon which can reach lynch? My suspects were posted in a previous post of mine.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:27 am

Post by notscience »

In post 340, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:

I'm not suggesting that's what needs to happen. I *am* suggesting that there are overlooked player slots in the game that could stand some close scrutiny. It doesn't have to happen today, but it does need to happen.

I agree.

But that's a discussion for tomorrow.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:36 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Agree with this. 2 days is nit enough time
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:38 am

Very well - someone's going to need to step up and hammer.
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:22 am

Post by juckter »

I'm really sorry for my inactivity these past few days. Lots of stuff has been happening in real life. I'll be here at deadline so I'll hammer if necessary.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:13 am

Post by Aneninen »

Is there anyone still reading this game? ^_^
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:25 am

Indeed, around half the playerlist seems AWOL / close to prod range. This degree of apathy is distressing.
JumpsToConclusions
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by JumpsToConclusions »

So, I have waited as long as I care to wait to have to do this.

I have been hoping that an additional vote would be coming from some less active players that would give me some information to go off of, but we are under 3 hours. I think Lickety is town, and if he flips over town then I do not feel I gain a whole lot of new information (my scum reads are already voting on Lickety). However, I do not see an overwhelming benefit to not lynch Lickety; the three scenarios I see where this is 'good' for us are:

-We no lynch tonight and D2, thereby giving PRs an extra day to do their PR stuff (I do not think we can say a no vote for D2 would be assured though)
-We have a 1-bullet proof vest PR that gets chosen by mafia for a night kill, which in combination a no vote today would give us an extra day (relying on game setup and 'luck')
-We have a doc who correctly saves someone, which in combination a no vote today would give us an extra day (relying on game setup and 'luck')

I am doubtful any of these scenarios will play out, and would rather not rely on hope that one of them will happen.

If Lickety is town, why has there not been a hammer yet? It seems like people currently voting on him have been 'begging' for another vote and I feel like any player could come up with a reason put the last vote on him at this point; two of the voters (DP and notscience) in my mind have not even provided a reason to vote Lickety. As a result of this, I am thinking that both mafia are already on this vote.

On the other side of the coin (devil's advocate?) I could see this same situation occurring if Lickety was mafia. His partner does not want to take him down and town are too unsure to place the vote; they do not want to appear scummy if they are wrong. But why has he not claimed a PR, it would seem pretty evident that he is going to be lynched so a PR claim from a mafia player to get a real PR out would seem to be the play here.

So why lynch Lickety tonight? If one of the three previously mentioned scenarios does not occur I can only see not lynching being bad for us. If I am doing the numbers right, assuming no saves, then we get 1 less overall lynch, so we would only have 3 chances to hit mafia. Also, every day after this one we also have 1 extra player(suspect). I do not think mafia is going to night kill Lickety at any point and killing him in later rounds may become more appealing for those left alive. In the eyes of some players Lickety has dug himself a scum hole and given his play style I do not believe he will be able to get himself out. He has claimed vanilla town, so at least (minimal consolation) we are not losing a PR.

VOTE: Lickety

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”