Open 601: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

VOTE: kyndy101 posted first to eager obviously scum.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 12, kyndy101 wrote:
In post 9, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: you have any ideas because that tree looks like it's judging me.

Yes I agree he is obv scum. JOIN THE WAGON! (Jk my last game did awful because of stupid quicklynches that all targeted town :/ so let's not do that.)

Anyways MarioManiac what do you mean by "he's the only player to confirm before me"... how do you know?

I'm assuming he saw his name bolded before anyone elses
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

So this is the first time I've done this setup so apologizes if I take a more observing role (doesn't help that I don't know anyone's meta) but anyways

UNVOTE: kyndy101

I'm not sure how I feel about claiming on your day. I see the merits to it but I feel as though there are to many downsides. I think I'll have a better feel on it D2 since we already have a N1 cop and doc claim and I'll get to see this plan in action.

For now MarioManiac who are you leaning towards for an investigation? I know it's wicked early in day for this question to get asked but now people will act differently towards you so I'm hoping something gave you a gut feel at least.
wgeurts before the end of the day we'll need a total info dump from you as you've already outed yourself.

Also, if we continue to follow the claim plan cops should probably not claim until it is about 1/2 way through the day cycle.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Doc here
Popcorn: everyone who hasn't claimed lol
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 75, Soft-spoken wrote:
In post 53, Metalcyanide wrote:
For now MarioManiac who are you leaning towards for an investigation?

why would you ask this

Assuming he is the N1 cop he will now be treated differently by everyone for the next 13 real world days. So I was hoping that since he claimed so early in the day there was something in someones post so far that he saw that gave him he a gut feeling.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Claim list so far:
Cops:

MathDino
MarioManiac4 – N1 Claim
You have any ideas
Soviet Crocolisk
Soft-spoken

Docs:

Metalcyanide
Wgeurts – N1 claim
Insanity018
Kyndy101
Pistachi0n

Have not yet claimed:

Aneninen
Marcrell
Reubus Swagrid
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

I will laugh my ass off if this is the real setup
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Well so much for this being easy:

Claim list so far:

Cops:
MathDino
MarioManiac4 – N1 Claim
You have any ideas - N1 Claim

Soviet Crocolisk
Soft-spoken

Docs:

Metalcyanide
Wgeurts – N1 claim

Insanity018
Kyndy101
Pistachi0n
Reubus Swagrid - N1 claim

Have not yet claimed:

Aneninen
Marcrell
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 94, you have any ideas wrote:
In post 93, Soft-spoken wrote:one of the n1 claims is scum. its not just unlikely it really fucking unlikely. like at least 1/25 unlikely. im too drunk to math atm but im p sure 8% is being too generous. there is a 1/5 chance of being n1 with 10 townies.

frankly i dont doubt it but at the very same time lynching in the pool of that today IMO is not the right play.

How is not lynching withing the pool of N1 claims a good play. As it currently stands, unless we have town counter claiming town (which would be really dumb), we have a 25% chance of getting scum.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 96, insanity018 wrote:
In post 79, Metalcyanide wrote:

why would you ask this

Assuming he is the N1 cop he will now be treated differently by everyone for the next 13 real world days. So I was hoping that since he claimed so early in the day there was something in someones post so far that he saw that gave him he a gut feeling.

And why does who he might investigate matter to you?

At least 4 people here will be cops some day. Why should we be treating them differently? Are
you
going to be treating him (or yhai) differently now?

VOTE: Metalcyanide

In post 84, wgeurts wrote:[quote="In post 62,

What happens if somebody claims Night X Doc and then nobody claims to be that night's cop? That's the doc for a night outted for what benefit?

As doctor that then would become a VT dying is better than a potential later cop dying. I think this is better than taking a potshot at blocking the kill.

*sigh* The scumteam doesn't have to shoot the doctor. They could still kill someone else who they perceive as more of a threat, including a future night cop.

All this is doing is giving mafia more information to make an informed kill choice with.

p-edit: Theoretically, everyone (who is town) could be a night 1 cop/doctor.[/quote]

Because getting information out of people matters to me.
Yes there will be multiple cops but this one claimed N1 cop on pg 3 of D1 seems really early to me even for this mass claim plan to say what night your power works, so with that in mind I was hoping he saw something, maybe something that stood out from playing with others before. He also answered so the next part of my question

MarioManiac4 why Yhai?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

sorry not sure how the quotes got messed up on last post
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 99, you have any ideas wrote:
In post 98, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 94, you have any ideas wrote:
In post 93, Soft-spoken wrote:one of the n1 claims is scum. its not just unlikely it really fucking unlikely. like at least 1/25 unlikely. im too drunk to math atm but im p sure 8% is being too generous. there is a 1/5 chance of being n1 with 10 townies.

frankly i dont doubt it but at the very same time lynching in the pool of that today IMO is not the right play.

How is not lynching withing the pool of N1 claims a good play. As it currently stands, unless we have town counter claiming town (which would be really dumb), we have a 25% chance of getting scum.

cus what if we really do have the one game where we are all n1 cops/docs? if that is the case scums can get a feild day and walk all over it

Okay, I see what your saying, through my ogic out the window. Multiple cops and docs on the same day didn't occur to me
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

(I'm catching up on the last 3 pages so I'm responding to things in order I see them)

In post 115, Fromage wrote:So we have two claimed day 1 cops. Right?

I think they should ckeck each other. They are doc-protected, so they are guaranteed to survive the night. We don't risk that the cop checks a person who dies in the same night.

If one of them is scum, we can lynch them tomorrow. If they can clear each other, it's good too. Unless they are both scum (which is unlikely) we have two confirmed players.

Afterwards scum face a dilemma: If they shoot the confirmed innoccents, they shoot players who don't have a night-action anymore. Consequently the other cops will get new results.

What are your thoughts on my proposal?

to quote Dr. Venkman "I love this plan, I'm excited to be a part of it, lets do it" but really this is a great plan unless we have all 3 scum setting us up right which is highly unlikely.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

I'm in agreement with being wary of Soviet Crocolisk. Having multiple people not posting since really anything substantial is suspicious as hell. I would throw a vote on him but there's enough votes on him for pressure and I don't want that wagon to get out of control yet
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 96, insanity018 wrote:
In post 79, Metalcyanide wrote:

why would you ask this

And why does who he might investigate matter to you?

At least 4 people here will be cops some day. Why should we be treating them differently? Are
you
going to be treating him (or yhai) differently now?

VOTE: Metalcyanide

In post 84, wgeurts wrote:[quote="In post 62,

What happens if somebody claims Night X Doc and then nobody claims to be that night's cop? That's the doc for a night outted for what benefit?

As doctor that then would become a VT dying is better than a potential later cop dying. I think this is better than taking a potshot at blocking the kill.

*sigh* The scumteam doesn't have to shoot the doctor. They could still kill someone else who they perceive as more of a threat, including a future night cop.

All this is doing is giving mafia more information to make an informed kill choice with.

p-edit: Theoretically, everyone (who is town) could be a night 1 cop/doctor.[/quote]

Yes I treat cops differently in games where I'm scum. I try to get them lynched before they can investigate anyone.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

So i just lost my job today and am kinda bummed out (7 1/2 years down the drain) I'll be back in the game later

And to answer the one thing I saw about cops claiming there night 1/2 way through the day, we can allow the conversation to develop more naturally (imo) then the wrench of the claimed cops can be thrown in and we can see what happens. But that's just what I think.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

I'm back sorry for my absence.

So we have another N1 Cop, thats great :facepalm: but I did like Not-Mafia's entrance and from his posts so far am leaning town on him

Question: Is a no lynch a dumb idea for D1? My thinking here is we don't accidentally kill town, will only lose one person over night and have a better chance of being able to have all the docs & cops for N2, then on D2 we can work with the new information we have from the night actions
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 285, Fromage wrote:Metal, could you please link us your completed games?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60378
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60599 - I was a late d1 replacement in this one and was killed off quickly
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=60920

That's all it for this site I've played 3 other games on another site do you guys want those?

Also it looks like a few people are against the no lynch idea. I actually hate the idea of no lynching but I've never played this setup so I thought it might actually be a good idea for once. I'll get my thoughts together and get a vote out soonish
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 299, Fromage wrote:But if you don't have a read on him, why were you so eager to unvote?

Whats the point of leaving up an incorrect vote?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 316, you have any ideas wrote:daily reminder to lynch SC

I'm very much behind this. A replacement who isn't talking at all is suspicious as hell, a 3 person hydra replacement just ups my suspicions of the roll so much more.

VOTE: Soviet Crocolisk
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

@MOD
Hey sorry to do this but I need to replace out, I may have free time now but I've been really distracted from losing my job and I'm not investing the time into this I should. Sorry everyone

Return to “Completed Open Games”