Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

the entire angle stemmed from me and GB both being town in the first place

actually now that I write this, it wasn't just about RBD disagreeing on me, it was the overall way he went about it. RBD was really the only one out of everyone in the game who specifically took a side and defended it. you could say that just disagreeing with the town read on me by itself doesn't mean anything; but if it's done in a way that's scum motivated, you'd be more likely to call it into attention/question it (what he did with them) instead of ignoring it (what he did with everyone else).

essentially, I think he thought RBD's approach looked like scum taking sides and thus pushed them over it, whereas he thought everyone else looked like their approach was indicative enough of trying to game solve that he didn't have a problem with it even if they disagreed with the read on me

I don't know if I'm explaining this very well but I know I'm usually not as critical of ppl I have town reads on already. I think this is essentially the same thing.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ofc there's also the fact that he wouldn't be expecting people who aren't familiar with my play to read it as town, which explains why he would have ignored people like Quil (and potentially yourself since I don't think we've played in a while? either way)
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 575, pieguyn wrote:the entire angle stemmed from me and GB both being town in the first place

I don't know why anyone should be assuming that unless i'm just really fucking terrible at this game and am miles behind

I think you are paraphrasing ffery's reasoning, not nacho's. Nacho made . What does that mean to you?

-b
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 577, Gold Saucer wrote:I don't know why anyone should be assuming that unless i'm just really fucking terrible at this game and am miles behind

bc he had town reads on both me and GB at the time?

I think he alluded to this at one point in the game but I can't find the exact post.

In post 577, Gold Saucer wrote:I think you are paraphrasing ffery's reasoning, not nacho's. Nacho made . What does that mean to you?

yeah, Nacho also made this:

In post 262, sangres wrote:
In post 119, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:#112 feels like a giant overreaction

The big thing I don't like about RBD's push on pieguyn is this. Do you think that overreacting is a scumtell for Pieguyn in particular? More importantly, what about pieguyn's reaction felt fake?

The push bothered me in particular because I feel like it's an important one for Muffin to make; attacking pieguyn validates GB's push and frustrates pie more, which is perfect for giving him a bit more breathing room in a playerlist where a lot of players can obvtown very quickly.

this angle is what I'm referring to when I say he thought RBD was "taking sides" and that he saw enough scum intent in RBD's push to push him over it. it's essentially the same thing (as in, validating GB's push/frustrating me).
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 576, pieguyn wrote:ofc there's also the fact that he wouldn't be expecting people who aren't familiar with my play to read it as town, which explains why he would have ignored people like Quil (and potentially yourself since I don't think we've played in a while? either way)

Well i asked about this and got nonanswers.

P-edit: ok, I can't say for sure that I digested that post when it was first made.

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Eh I am beginning to get the feeling i took a wrong turn at albequerque on this particular issue

-b
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 569, pieguyn wrote:@Quil: I'm wondering what you thought Nacho's motivation behind this was. did you think it was he-scum trying to WK me-town?

Idk what WK means, it struck me as something scum could do to appear helpful. I haven't dropped it, it just didn't seem like something that's really up for debate.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 581, Quilford wrote:Idk what WK means, it struck me as something scum could do to appear helpful. I haven't dropped it, it just didn't seem like something that's really up for debate.

white-knight

was there any particular reason you thought Nacho wouldn't have done the same thing as town?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Quilford »

I do think people getting on my back about halting my Soft push are conspiracy theorising. Uh no, I think all my early points are valid, I think the slip is eminently fakeable (and am definitely going to look into it more when I'm not on my phone) and I don't like Soft's reaction to whomever posted that he likes making scummy entrances for the purposes of getting people's reactions (again will elaborate later). I still don't think he's scumhunted at all and I think the reasoning he gave for his townreads was weak.

Thinking my sigh was me not being able to conceal my irritation that another mislynch had escaped me is hilariously stupid. In actuality, it was because I was worried about adding another townread to an already large pile.

Starting to get a bit wary of GB.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 582, pieguyn wrote:
In post 581, Quilford wrote:Idk what WK means, it struck me as something scum could do to appear helpful. I haven't dropped it, it just didn't seem like something that's really up for debate.

white-knight

was there any particular reason you thought Nacho wouldn't have done the same thing as town?

I wasn't thinking about it in terms of Nacho's meta (of which I know very little about anyway). You might notice that in my original post I didn't mention it as anything close to definitively alignment indicative, I just said it gave me the creeps. It just makes me feel a bit uneasy about sangres.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 583, Quilford wrote:I still don't think he's scumhunted at all and I think the reasoning he gave for his townreads was weak.

thats probably because i havnt scumhunted at all and my stated reasons for my townreads are weak.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 583, Quilford wrote:Thinking my sigh was me not being able to conceal my irritation that another mislynch had escaped me is hilariously stupid.
i openly said i was on the fence about this. full on slips generally dont happen when people think before they push submit
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 583, Quilford wrote:I think all my early points are valid

not even remotely valid tbh. i can see why someone could perceive it that way if they thought poorly constructed posts were scummy.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 580, Gold Saucer wrote:Eh I am beginning to get the feeling i took a wrong turn at albequerque on this particular issue

-b

Weird Al's "Albuquerque" is now on continuous loop inside my head.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 583, Quilford wrote: I don't like Soft's reaction to whomever posted that he likes making scummy entrances for the purposes of getting people's reactions

my reaction was frustration in the fact that i had not yet been able to harness this tactic to its potential in this game yet and it was exposed prematurely.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

@quil... oh btw the response you just said you didnt like... it was right before you said my posts were starting to look genuine so... bullshit.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 587, Soft-spoken wrote:

not even remotely valid tbh. i can see why someone could perceive it that way if they thought poorly constructed posts were scummy.

How about if they thought posts that contained a sum total of fuck all were scummy?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 591, Quilford wrote:
In post 587, Soft-spoken wrote:

How about if they thought posts that contained a sum total of fuck all were scummy?

equally invalid unlesss said post was trying hard to look constructive.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Quilford »

Which was my original contention, yes
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 590, Soft-spoken wrote:@quil... oh btw the response you just said you didnt like... it was right before you said my posts were starting to look genuine so... bullshit.

Yeah the posts were starting to look genuine in that they had more personality. I mistook that for towniness at the time.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 593, Quilford wrote:Which was my original contention, yes
lol how can you look at a post that has a couple quotes and a couple lines and say it was trying hard.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

if you want to see me trying hard look at staring contest 4p micro
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 595, Soft-spoken wrote:
In post 593, Quilford wrote:Which was my original contention, yes
lol how can you look at a post that has a couple quotes and a couple lines and say it was trying hard.

Yeah, I already explained how in the first half of my paragraph in #440. Have you actually read anything I've said or are you just being reactionary?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

no i read it and its utter bullshit, you basically accused me of being lazy scum. nothing you said points to me tryharding.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Quilford »

The fact that you posted it at all points to you tryharding.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”