Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Angry Frat BROs »

In post 1597, Homiletic Homunculi wrote:This reminds me of my frustration with mastin in xenogears (hint: I was scum).

That game reminds me of the number of times I've played this hydra solo! A lot.

In post 1609, Bacon and Egg wrote:If she's V/LA she could just not ask things that are immediately answered afterwards and wait until she has read. Doing what she is doing is just telling me she is trying to make it look like she is here, much like randomidget.

Ya..Her question to TWIE merited the response that TWIE gave her IMO. I'm uncertain about Singer; then again I'm uncertain about most people right now.

In post 1610, Bacon and Egg wrote:He is town because the way he slipped his lack of knowledge about multiball was natural and I can't see scum handling it like this.

No it wasn't? He literally, VERY CAUTIOUSLY, asked why some other player was so sure it was multiball. That means fuckall. Its like actually feasible that he thought that person might be on he other scumteam and scumslipping as scum. There was literally nothing even remotely 'natural' about it.

God. Ok I'm done. I told myself I was going to do my best not to argue shit that doesn't matter. Although I'm starting to sympathize with the C-boys enough that I'm willing to backdown on the degree of my townread of Generic.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:59 am

On that note, Generic needs to produce content unrelated to the Ceph/Cheet hydra or I will start firing cannons in his direction.
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 1625, Angry Frat BROs wrote:No it wasn't? He literally, VERY CAUTIOUSLY, asked why some other player was so sure it was multiball.

nope, that's not what happened. Read it again.

~Wis
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:03 am

In post 1622, Generic wrote:Ok AFB, let's discuss someone else. What's your opinion of oversoul?

Have you read what I said about him? Do you have experience with him?

I have played with him before, although I'm not overly familiar with him.

All I remember from him this game is that he has been posting excuses for not playing which makes him a hard null in my books. I haven't seen what you said about him although I'd be happy to explore him more.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Ricastle »

It's like I'm fated to be lynched or something. Everyone who has voted me so far has either made up or drastically exaggerated something I've done...like, WHERE did I chainsaw for Axe???

Also, I still want to be hydrated. I don't know where you got the idea that I didn't. Just because I'm not obnoxiously spamming the thread about it doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Generic »

AFB... I take you haven't bothered to read my posts before suggesting I haven't put other content into the game. Besides even my short lived intersection with B+E earlier today, there's these:

In post 1468, Generic wrote:Well wisdom:

Thewayitends seems to be fluff posting band taking random pot shots. Excuses for not doing anything. Scum read there.

Oversoul seems to spend a lot of early game only on the mechanics and tactics, foes then give reads, but seems to drop back without fully engaging with anyone. Current game is a series of questions that aren't followed up. Fluff play that looks like scum hunting... Scum read. This however is at odds with my Hun scum read as they list them early on as their strongest town read... That doesn't seem very likely for teammates, so if over soul is scum I am more inclined to say Hun would be town. If over soul is town it means nothing to the Hun alignment.

And your hydra wisdom is on my scum list because of how you have engaged with me and how you hand waved the town read on Hun. This however is pending an actual read of your posts in ISO which I have t had time to do, so if I find he town reading answered along the way there my opinion shifts. We shall see.

In post 1473, Generic wrote:When was information given that this is a multiball game?

Im trying to understand the argument between fi castle and B+E.... Bit of a slapfest... But ricastle seems to be sure it's multiball.

So what am I missing?

In post 1483, Generic wrote:But both of you are showing conviction in what you are claiming... I'm not sold on either of you being the best lynch.

What are your other reads? Are those people listed all still scum reads for you, or are you reading different people as scum now?

What's your take on Humunculi?

In post 1491, Generic wrote:Randommidget is a scum read also btw... 6 posts. One claims there will be reading and reads... Followed by a vote without explanation. Changes wagon, will need to check if it's OMGUS, and seems to mumble through an explanation from a while back in the game...

And under pressure to contribute the reads list seems very rushed and slapdash.... To a level beyond even actually reading anyone.

Did you ever explain your town read within 15 seconds of reading my posts?
"In mafia, I've learned to always be wary of yes men. It's also a good idea to always be wary of Generic, because you never know what he's going to try to do."
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:13 am

In post 1627, Bacon and Egg wrote:nope, that's not what happened. Read it again.

Hm, you are right, we were wrong about what went down there exactly. Lol I need to fact check my own hydra sometimes.

He made a case about OS and Cephory not being mafia together. You said "but its multiball". He said "Wait what? Also ricastle thinks its multiball..."

After reading his post, I'm not convinced it sounds genuine, but I can see better why you think his content before it was likely town I suppose. If he was faking not knowing about multiball, then at the very least his prior post did a good job of that. I'd need to actually read his posts in ISO before that point to get a proper feel for how he was approaching the game. The post where he asks about multiball looks a little weird to me (and scum are certainly capable of faking shit.

So tell me more then instead of asserting its a townslip. If the extent of your belief is post then I'm not impressed.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:14 am

^ All that is AP-speak for "Ya ok, I need to ISO Generic"
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Generic »

Yes you did, found it. Your town tell for me is no more concrete than wisdoms. You are better off not town reading me than using the me as a weapons to attack others credibility with.
"In mafia, I've learned to always be wary of yes men. It's also a good idea to always be wary of Generic, because you never know what he's going to try to do."
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 1631, Angry Frat BROs wrote:So tell me more then instead of asserting its a townslip. If the extent of your belief is post 1473 then I'm not impressed.

good thing i dont care if you're impressed. generic is town is all you need to know.

Still waiting for you two to
town
read Ricastle.

~Wis
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 am

Did you ever come to any interesting conclusions about what all the townreads on you mean?

p-edit oh ok nevermind actually attempting to be congenial and talk with you then. What was I thinking lol.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Generic »

Is this a game of good cop bad cop or are you just incapable of picking a tone?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Generic »

I came to the conclusion that those of you who stuck to the town read without any caveats unrelated to my interactions were more likely genuine, whereas Marino seems to be making side swipes without outwardly changing his stance which I find extremely fishy. And ricastle seems to be buddying to me, but I haven't figured if that's because he saw I had suspicion of wisdom or if he's scummy. I haven't had a scummy vibe from him beyond the buddying though so I have been steering clear.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Generic »

But it's become a little redundant anyway with this being multiball, because both the scum teams I assume will still be trying to identify town and scum players. Only multiball I remember playing in I wasn't aware it was multiball and was town anyway. So trying to understand HOW you approach a game like this in terms of mindset is still alien to me.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:28 am

@Generic: Look, I'm willing to throw you a bone but two of those posts didn't really have opinion on people outside of Ceph. So 2 posts, wooo. Its totally possible I've missed your whole story in the game because I missed page-pocalypse over last weekend and wasn't really around most of yesterday.

I posted a towncase for midget previously. Low post count isn't a scumtell and actually his one scumgame had more posts than his town games that I saw. Not willing to hear an activity-based case for him right now. Posting promises/excuses to post is null. The only post of his I had issue with was the readslist posts (I think the one you are talking about) which looked a little bit like a post from his scumgame, but mostly superficially. It did look like effort for the sake of effort but at this point in the game, I don't know if its scummy. His votes sure look like votes to me and I think all the points made on them are really just after-the-fact conclusions assuming that he is MO this game is just lurking scum. Vote hops and unexplained votes are not scummy on their own accord. To summarize, I think the points on him boil down to IIOA and highly superficial analysis of his lack of activity.

TL;DR: "Waaah, the lurker voted me"
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 am

Oversoul could be scum. I also noted that he was focusing on mechanics early on rather than doing much and has since faded into the background. He made one AtE-ish statement that made me like him for town a little bit, but I certainly can't remember where or what it was. Pretty hard null on him although I'd be happy to give him extra attention in the near future and see if BRO has any feelings one way or another (I dont think he does?). I recall someone (Ricastle?) kind of piggy-backing off of the direction OS steered the conversation in so I'd say its unlikely whoever that was (Ricastle?) is scum with Os. Rather minor point though.

TWIE is being actively useless. I agree with your assessment of his activity in the thread, but I'm not sold on it being scummy activity. It might help to read another game of his. His assertions about not having replaced into this game affecting his play sound probably-reasonable to me. I don't recall playing a game with him where he didn't replaced in past a 100 page mark or so.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Generic »

AFB, I don't really know what you thought you would see from me anyway. I feel Ive found scum, they attack me based on vendetta claims and assertions over me as a person rather than my play, and you assumed I wouldn't come at them?

Out of respect to the fact I will likely need to consider other options I began my looking at others. Oversoul, randommidget and thewayitends are my other two more confident scum reads and beyond that I haven't got anyone I consider standing out in a scummy way to me.

All I seem to be hearing though is if I'm not scum reading people a person agrees with I'm not blcontributing. Which is bullshit.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:34 am

Hydra: Seiko

VOTE: Ricastle
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

this towncase on randomidget is bullshit. I would maybe accept it as "okay, he is scummy, but x is a better lynch because of this", but calling him town and trying to handwave his scummy behavior is nonsense.

~Wis
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 am

In post 1641, Generic wrote:All I seem to be hearing though is if I'm not scum reading people a person agrees with I'm not blcontributing. Which is bullshit.

Well all I recall of you in the last several pages is arguing with Homunsadlfkjrf and then discussing them with Wisdom on loop. But ya.

Do you have a read on Ricastle?
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 1641, Generic wrote:and beyond that I haven't got anyone I consider standing out in a scummy way to me.

Why is Ricastle town?

~Wis
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 1642, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
Hydra: Seiko

VOTE: Ricastle

can we have an explanation on this? Last time you talked about Ricastle, you said you were townreading him.

~Wis
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:39 am

In post 1643, Bacon and Egg wrote:this towncase on randomidget is bullshit. I would maybe accept it as "okay, he is scummy, but x is a better lynch because of this", but calling him town and trying to handwave his scummy behavior is nonsense.

Ok, I wasn't going to respond to this because, but I do have one thing to say that needs saying.

I didn't "handwave" jackshit. I actually made a well reasoned explanation of my thoughts in the thread over this fucking lurker. You are the one "hand waving" by asserting that he is scummy, refusing to hear otherwise, and not responding to anything I've said.

If you disagree, then you disagree. Don't accuse me of 'handwaving' when I'm very clearly doing the opposite of that though.
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 am

In post 1646, Bacon and Egg wrote:can we have an explanation on this? Last time you talked about Ricastle, you said you were townreading him.

Compromise vote. Cheet's vote on him and Ceph's reachout to me about Ricastle looking town to them as well early on made me a little softer.

I realize that anything related to diplomacy and compromise is foreign to you.
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

No, you did handwave it. This:

In post 1639, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Low post count isn't a scumtell and actually his one scumgame had more posts than his town games that I saw. Not willing to hear an activity-based case for him right now. Posting promises/excuses to post is null. The only post of his I had issue with was the readslist posts (I think the one you are talking about) which looked a little bit like a post from his scumgame, but mostly superficially. It did look like effort for the sake of effort but at this point in the game, I don't know if its scummy. His votes sure look like votes to me and I think all the points made on them are really just after-the-fact conclusions assuming that he is MO this game is just lurking scum. Vote hops and unexplained votes are not scummy on their own accord. To summarize, I think the points on him boil down to IIOA and highly superficial analysis of his lack of activity.

is basically "yeah he did this, but that's not a scumtell. He also did this, but that's a very weak scumtell. Oh and people say he also did this, but that's not scummy".

Which is.. yeah, handwaving everything scummy he did. You have not mentioned a single reason he is town.

~Wis

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”