Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Senator »

impressive posts? hmmm.
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Senator »

Maybe you and I have differing opinions about what is impressive.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Senator »

And again we come back to the point that scum do a thing, so its scummy?
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Senator »

I'm only saying that for all the fancy wordplay you use in the end your scumread on me is wifom and mirrors.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Senator »

Its not a good look, and it will reflect poorly in later days if you dont correct it.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Senator »

Ig you accuse me of using flaws to scumhunt, then I would accuse you of extreme overgeneralizations.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2262, Thor665 wrote:

In post 2253, Sinsun1 wrote:we all pretty much know by now, wanting the BP alive is a heavy scum motive.

I was not there then, but I will happily agree that I would have actively opposed the idea of lynching the Princess claim on the belief it was a true claim.

You seem to have missed all the math that was done in that regard.

LQ claimed. Upon his being lynched, the next Day was skipped, giving both Scum and the TownPRs an extra Night for actions.
With him lynched D1, it hindered Scum because they had to shoot blind. They wouldn't know who the PRs were.
If Scum (and some Town) kept LQ alive until later in the game, Scum would have likely known who some of the PRs are.
If LQ were kept alive until LyLo, Scum would win.

So the D1 lynch was the optimal play. We didn't lose anyone too valuable.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2271, Suzune wrote:

P-Edi: Ah! Kling, I am so sorry. I even know that. I will try not to do it again. Again so sorry I put your gender wrong again.

It's all good. :]
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:15 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 2181, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2170, ChannelDelibird wrote:Existence of beloved prince supports the claim

It does? Explain then, I'm totally missing it.

The nature of a role that only activates on Day 4 coupled with a beloved prince that can provide something like a gauntlet for that role to run before its power is earned really chimes with my modding instincts. It's not a guaranteed support, and my hurried about-to-go-to-sleep wording from last night could probably have done with less certainty, but the relationship between the two roles really rather struck me.

Thor wrote:1) It is not a silly question, allow me to re-phrase it in a way you can't get confused about; Do you think there were scum on your wagon? Do you think they were rolefishing, lynchfishing, or both? Where do you think they are now?

Man, you worded that poorly. I'm going to come back to that in a moment when I've had a chance to pull up the vote counts and see exactly who was on it. I wrote this post out of order and I already know it's going to be pretty long so I'm keen to break it up.

2) I cannot imagine how you thought those crumbs would pull a NK. What do you think of the reaction to your claim? Specifically the people saying they believe you are Bashir while unvoting you...does that not strike you as crazy-sauce?

You know how they say that the only one who realises how crazy you are is you? We're our own closest observers. With time, I can easily admit that those crumbs were not obvious enough to be picked up even by scum who's looking for role crumbs if they don't know the flavour very well. As someone who signed up for this game only because I'm a huge fan of the flavour, though, I certainly felt at the time like I was being somewhat transparent about it. I'm pretty sure I toned them down as I was writing them for fear of being too obvious. 'Bashir' is the first word that comes to my mind when I hear the words 'our man' (plus the wording of that sentence was so awkward just to include 'our man' that I figured someone would notice that
something
was up with it). When I was writing 'bash' I was almost telling myself that someone would just call me out in thread of being Bashir (it's something you're more likely to notice if you picked up on the first crumb, though). So, in retrospect, no, I don't think they would have been enough to draw a nightkill even if LQ's flip hadn't just made me a mislynch option, but for a DS9 fan expecting other DS9 fans in this game, some of whom might be in the scum team looking for crumbs? I thought at the time like I was overplaying my hand. And the thing that you should be looking for from me is my intent, not the effectiveness of my execution.

While I generally share your opinion that we shouldn't assume that good guys in the show can't be scum in this game and vice versa, all the flips that we've had so far have been from characters (or other shows' creators, grumble grumble) who were good people - or at least, not bad guys. I can understand why people would go 'oh, yeah, he's probably Bashir, which means he's probably not scum'. I'm not going to disagree with you when you tell people that being Bashir doesn't guarantee my alignment, but I'm also not going to go around yelling at people who unvote me because of it because a) clinging to that is more likely to be an inexperience tell than a scumtell for a lot of players in this game and b) there'd be a bit of the turkey arguing for Christmas about it.

3) Enough to garner unvotes when compared to your pre-claim game?

Probably? Off the top of my head I can't recall if I posted more before or after, but I certainly got more emotional - at least with Titus. I don't really want to talk about this, though. I don't really see self-analysis being very helpful because I know I've been town the whole way through, and I've had no trouble agreeing with every one of my posts this whole game, so I'm pretty willing to call myself obvtown before, after, and during my claim.
#greenshirtthursdays
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Suzune »

In post 2277, Senator wrote:And again we come back to the point that scum do a thing, so its scummy?

I appear to have failed grammatically, by number of impressive posts, I was directing to the large number of posts that you have in this game.

I can see no clear motive behind your actions other then to point of the failing of other sometimes. Scum to do need to actively scumhunt. They can simply input their opinion and guide the town in the right direction. You lack of obvious scumhunting and rather you uncanny ability to put holes in people's arguments seems to me, that you are rather discrediting ideas rather then place new ones on that table. post 1315, post 1321, post 1406,post 1407

Rather, I am not saying you did not contribute some important ideas to this game. Just that your play is scummy and that there is a clear difference between helping the town and remarking on town events.

p-edit: Why could all of those comments, not go in the same post. Or wait for the coming answer first? Sir, I just met you and I have just read the game. I was not there to experience it, just to read the aftermath. Therefore, yes an important part of the game is lost, but I am using what i have to explain to you why I think you are scum. It is not smoke an mirrors, nor is it a case against you. Merely my current observations of your playstyle put you in the leaning scum pile.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

UNVOTE: Thor
VOTE: Senator

After those posts, I'm in love with Suzune, not even 24 hours subbing in, she's calling Senator on his crap and mainly WHY he's anti-town. Thor can wait another day, Suzune just bloody called Senator out on his entire shit bucket of posts that have not progressed town one bit.

If Senator flips scum, I am leaning hard town on Suzune's game-spot.

FP'd by CDB. I'm telling you man, Thor is mafia/3rd party, he's tunneling you so hard this game it's unreal.

FP'd by Suzune. Yeah, I agree, people need to sum everything they're saying for that 30-60 mins into ONE post. Multi-posting is annoying, especially when it's 1-2 sentences max.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Senator »

Nah, I'm still town. All of my arguements have been town, questioning Titus to argueing against the CDB lynch to derailing the terribad RIP lynch.

you're content to stay in theioryland, and thats your choice. It wont bode well for you tomorrow.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Senator »

In your world, scum dont have to scumhunt, but in this world of large themes scum
do
have to hunt. They need to find PRs, they need to scope for SKs, they need to make sure it isnt multiball.

your case is based on idealisms and theories, and is thus soemthing I cant readily refute without challanging theory.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Senator »

And even still you havent even broached the line of anti-town or scum. You seem more content to stay your own way and avoid all the obvious flaws in this line of thinking you've conjured.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Senator »

Have you caught up? because thus far it looks to be selective portions of ISOs.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Suzune »

In your world, scum dont have to scumhunt

Do not put words in my mouth. I believe I said that scum do not need to scumhunt actively, not that they do not have to scumhunt at all. Which means that do not have to do it right off the bat and can instead use their already acquired knowledge to poke holes in arguments and sort of steer the vote. Hunting for power roles and hunting for scum are different.

There is nothing wrong with a theory being the starting point of a case. Recall, I mentioned it was not a case it was just my observation to this point and when I do choose to vote for you I will have a well established case.

While I do realise our playstyle seems to clash, that is not to make to say you are not making your own generalizations on it.

p-edit, yes I am caught up. My posts evidence is more from day three then day one though you are correct. A majority of day one was very different then the flow of day 3.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Senator »

mmm, I look foreward to your doubtlessly well-crafted case then, should it arrive.

I asked if you had caught up because doubtlessly you left out whole portions of my conversations.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:50 am

Wagon on me just before my claim:

ChannelDelibird (8) - displaced, PerigrineV, Narninian, davesaz,
Titus
Senator
Thor665
RIP
[L-1]

Green is people on whom I am leaning town or better. Do I think there were scum in the first four, then? Probably. The fact that I didn't get murderdied likely means that some scum were already on board.

I don't think anyone was rolefishing me per se - I think, between (still undeserved) unpopularity for driving the LQ lynch and a maybe-sorta-but-pretty-ambiguous supposition of a hider crumb, plus being a player who sometimes plays OK and has a lot of experience, I was likely an obvious and tempting mislynch target. So yes, it seems likely that scum on my wagon would have leaned on that pretty hard.

The problem is that, if town thinks they've seen a hider crumb, they also probably hit it pretty hard. One of the reasons why I've not been super-into deconstructing my wagon like this beforehand is that this is something of a jackpot for scum in that wanting to get me lynched is pretty easy to fake given that I can't even say that I mightn't be voting for myself in your position, especially after RIP's claim. God knows I've thought about encouraging that because I would just love to not be in this game any longer, but a wincon's a wincon, so I can't with a straight face back that plan because the crumb is far too tenuous to justify calling for my own death when I know I'm town.

Displaced might be scum. I isoed him in the process of making this case and he's kind of a prime example of someone who's barely commented on my claim because he presumably just thinks it's bullshit and that I have a hider guilty on me, and I don't know him well enough to say if this particular way of approaching it is subtly more scum or town. What
does
make me wonder is his representation of my relationship to the LQ wagon here, which doesn't look like someone who actually read in real time and actually tried to understand my not-exactly-opaque thought process. He seems to be blending together my attitude at the start of Day 1 with my attitude at the end, which doesn't make a lot of sense and doesn't consider how reads evolve and why. But then I'm not really on the verge of saying 'wagon displaced for this!' because do we really have time for a displaced wagon based on that? Meh.

davesaz seems fairly townish, actually, in his conflict between thinking I look town and not being able to get past a couple of things, but then actually getting past them when it comes to nutting up and voting RIP instead, rather than just sit on me despite publicly fearing that I might flip town.

PV is irritatingly concrete on the 'crumb' as a guilty on me, and I can read absolutely nothing into it. I don't think I've ever been in a game with PV in which I was town and got more of a read on him beyond 'he's kinda lurking a bit' and again I've got nothing interesting either way here. He could be scum just trying to shove through a mislynch on circumstancial evidence, or he could be town who believes that all this talking about what he sees as damning evidence is unnecessary. I've got no idea.

Narninian might be scum, actually. He's not been here for a couple of days and he's certainly not talked much about anything since around the time my wagon got to its peak. I said in a previous post that I thought his move onto me was a little unimpressive and it doesn't look any better on second read, plus his subsequent move off me is pretty abrupt and empty. I'd probably vote him over most, actually.

tl;dr
Narninian might be the best candidate for scum on my wagon. Displaced is maybe my next guess.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am

Vote count right now as I have it unofficially:

ChannelDelibird(4) - displaced, PerigrineV, Thor665, Senator
Senator(4) - Riabi, KlingonCelt, Titus, Sinsun
RIP(3) - Salamence20, Nero Cain, Narninian
KlingonCelt(2) - RIP, ChannelDelibird
Narninian(1) - Suzune

Not Voting(3) - ArcAngel9, davesaz, The Fox

I'm more inclined to vote Narninian than Klingoncelt at present but I expect that the likes of Titus would follow me onto Klingon if, as I hope, the Senator wagon doesn't take off any further, whereas I don't know so much my townreads' positions on Narninian.

Of the current wagons (and there shouldn't be any new ones attempted, probably), my preference is probably: Narninian > Klingoncelt > Senator > RIP > CDB. Talk to me, people, and let's make something happen.
#greenshirtthursdays
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:57 am

Post by Senator »

Im hearing Narn's name a lot today.
vote: Narn

I'm willing to do this.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2294, Senator wrote:Im hearing Narn's name a lot today.
vote: Narn

I'm willing to do this.

I like my vote on you.

That said, I'm very curious about Narn's claim to be Deep Space 9.
-
MiniDeathStar
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Suzune »

I happen to agree with your opinions on Narninian. All of his posts since June 10th have been lacking and I do not see the reason for this unvote as particularly meaningful. Sweeping in a the last moment to vote RIP was also not a particular townie move since he did not provide a reason and sheeping generally speaking is not a fantastic reason to do anything.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:14 pm

In post 2295, Klingoncelt wrote:That said, I'm very curious about Narn's claim to be Deep Space 9.

That was obviously a joke, like obviously
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Anyway, let's do this shit

UNVOTE: Klingoncelt
VOTE: Narninian
#greenshirtthursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Titus »

Or you could wake up and see Senator scum.

That being said...
Mental vla

My good friend just got sent to the hospital. I play mafia as a distraction but if I seem distracted please deal with it.

X-post all games.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”