Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

:( Please don't lynch me tammy!!!
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

You don't find anything off with the way that nacho has been pushing your slot?
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 725, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote::( Please don't lynch me tammy!!!

You really haven't been reading if you think that we want to lynch you guys.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:22 pm

In post 726, Gold Saucer wrote:You don't find anything off with the way that nacho has been pushing your slot?

I really haven't read nacho's push on us mostly >.> He writes in a way I don't really understand!
In post 727, Gold Saucer wrote:You really haven't been reading if you think that we want to lynch you guys.

Also sleepy and stuff. I was a little confused because I seemed to remember bork was satisfied with us or something of that sentiment?
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 728, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 726, Gold Saucer wrote:You don't find anything off with the way that nacho has been pushing your slot?

I really haven't read nacho's push on us mostly >.> He writes in a way I don't really understand!

You didn't have a hard time understanding him in FFX when we had him as scum the entire game and decided to push on him the day before we died.

I don't know what you mean by this.

In post 727, Gold Saucer wrote:You really haven't been reading if you think that we want to lynch you guys.

Also sleepy and stuff. I was a little confused because I seemed to remember bork was satisfied with us or something of that sentiment?[/quote]

Satisfied with what? We've both literally been trying to get Sangres to actually clarify their push on you and what they think, so I have no clue what you're referring to.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 721, Gold Saucer wrote:
In post 719, sangres wrote:Every time I interact with zmuffin I start to doubt the read.

"the" read? what read?

-b

:/

In trying to answer this, I'm finding myself rambling. Basically, I don't know much more about Nacho's reasons than you or anyone else besides Nacho himself. he thinks RBD is scum, and sort of like I would do if any player I respected came out with scumread out of the blue, I have been looking for why - what triggered the read, and looking at their play really hard for things that might be scum-indicative. I'm looking harder than I otherwise would at this point if I were playing strictly within my own head. And I've thrown into the thread those things that I've independently found questionable.

I don't know how to do this, and I want to just back off and let nacho lead this discussion because ultimately we're voting the way we're voting because nacho has a strong scumread and a lot of concern that zmuffin could easily slip by if he's not sorted.

I don't think this answers your question. I'm still working on my own questions and answers.

In post 722, Gold Saucer wrote:as in "what in specific are you doubting"?

-b

as in, over the last 24-48 hours zmuffin's questions to us and posts about us give me some vague town glimmers. The thing that especially hit home was his comment about piggy-backing. Maybe this is something that's been obvious to other players, and maybe some of the doubt about us springs from the way my read formed - in catch-up mode trying to adapt to a gamestate where nacho was scumreading zmuffin and I didn't understand why.

But, it's zmuffin that actually articulated it and pinpointed what has felt strange to me about my own stance - I've been presented with a fact - Nacho scumreads zmuffin, and rather than form my own read I've been trying to reconstruct and confirm Nacho's read.

So, to me his comment was extremely perceptive and I want to call that kind of perceptivity town, because it's not shallow. But...zmuffin is terrifyingly good at scum and maybe I'm letting my guard down too easily.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 723, Gold Saucer wrote:ffery in what ways do you think you piggy-backing Nacho's scum read on muffin is similar to the ways you piggy-backed muffin's read on mastin in serum and steel?

I get holding onto meta stuff, I really do, but RBD is an actual on the table lynch possibility. I really really don't think that holding your reads/cards to your chest is viable in this situation.

The similarity are that I subsumed my own nascent read and followed zmuffin's. The differences are that my read on mastin was better formed when I dropped it to vote her, and I didn't have any obligation to explain or defend the read. I was blatantly and vocally sheeping another player I thought (correctly) was town and knew had a phenomenal track record reading mastin.

I can't sheep my own slot.

And right now, I think it's almost a coin toss as to whether zmuffin is lynched or we are. That's one path - cut the Gordian knot our interactions have created. The other path probably leads to Yuriko if she doesn't put some serious town-looking effort into the game soon.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 724, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Because ffery is so sweet and logical and talks with words that don't trigger my ADD! There might be some inherent bias in here due to being friends with her, and the way I sort Nacho always is 'wait til late in the game', but I don't really see the manipulation this game or the little excuses.

In tales of you when you reached out to me and handed me the Song Contest Mafia card for payment due, it was almost like a physical hand-clasp it was so real, so immediate and I could feel your certainty that I'd know - right then - what to do.

There's nothing tangible and really, really town-nati to town-ffery in our conversations so far.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:46 pm

In post 732, sangres wrote:In tales of you when you reached out to me and handed me the Song Contest Mafia card for payment due, it was almost like a physical hand-clasp it was so real, so immediate and I could feel your certainty that I'd know - right then - what to do.

There's nothing tangible and really, really town-nati to town-ffery in our conversations so far.

First part is true, second part :(
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by sangres »

I know that you are capable of convincing me beyond doubt, beyond fake claims, beyond setup scenarios that you're town.

It doesn't feel like you're trying to do that.

If you're town, this is a terrible terrible misread we have going, and it leads down a terrible terrible path for town.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by sangres »

I wish Nacho were here tonight. :(
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:52 pm

In post 729, Gold Saucer wrote:
You didn't have a hard time understanding him in FFX when we had him as scum the entire game and decided to push on him the day before we died.

I don't know what you mean by this.

I don't really have a good answer to this. The thing is, my ability to read games is wildly different depending on the game. I was mostly checked out in FFX while here I'm actively leading the hydra more or less. It's partly personality mix--When Nacho is the only one posting like he is, it's readable, but when you have muffin, Empire, Regfan and ffery doing it(in a nine player game), it hurts. It doesn't hurt that I tend to read better when *in the moment*(hence why I always ask if people are around because I can use them as real-time lens to filter my thoughts) than in scrolling through pages.

tldr I don't even know what i"m trying to say these are just really bad excuses.

Satisfied with what? We've both literally been trying to get Sangres to actually clarify their push on you and what they think, so I have no clue what you're referring to.

I don't know what I'm refering to.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:54 pm

In post 734, sangres wrote:I know that you are capable of convincing me beyond doubt, beyond fake claims, beyond setup scenarios that you're town.

It doesn't feel like you're trying to do that.

If you're town, this is a terrible terrible misread we have going, and it leads down a terrible terrible path for town.

I mean, this playerlist was doomed to this quagmire from the start.

I can see how I can come across as unnatural, though. Also, to be fair, expecting every of my performances to show up as Tales of You levels of good(arguably, Rancid's best game) is kind of folly too.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:56 pm

In post 735, sangres wrote:I wish Nacho were here tonight. :(

I wish muffin was here :( He showed up earlier to talk to me about an anime and then left. I feel like he's avoiding me :cry:
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by sangres »

Rancid was pretty damn good in that mini normal I modded, too.

I'm sorry I'm demanding so much from you. :(
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:58 pm

It's okay, I'm sorry I'm letting you down.

And yeah I almost forgot that normal. You modded that?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:00 pm

OH, THAT NORMAL.

My mind is in the gutter tonight.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

more substantive post tomorrow
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

i guess im not really the proactive forum player that i thought i was. i was in games that had little to no content and was eager to force things to happen... now i hardly have the energy to post after a 45 minute catch-up session. ill be the counterbalance. when yall run out of steam and your gums stop flappin as much ill fill in the blanks :)

im not going to pretend like i have any solid reads atm... honestly there is too much going on, and too many talented players... im used to there being a few low hanging fruit types that i can push and and see who sheeps and whatnot... or just make myself look scummy. but this isnt really the game for those antics so ima havta learn to be a more sophisticated player maybe.

If lynching yuriko is one of those things you have to do then go for it. id rather see someone be adventurous and step out on a limb and hard push one of your meta-buddies but the courage to do so seems rather lacking, even among the people who do have legitimate fos's ... maybe lynching yuriko will be the thing that moves this game foreward.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

ok, lets pretend im a gladiator and im putting RBD and sengres in the ring...

@everyone

if they were the only 2 people who could be lynched today, and abstaining from a vote was not allowed, who would you vote for
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 701, Gold Saucer wrote:
In post 675, Soft-spoken wrote:since nobody is jumping on quill with me atm

VOTE: Rancid Broderick Drake

What are your issues with rainbow dash?

im more of a pinkie pie fan
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:14 am

Post by sangres »

Tammy, when are you going to interact with me? :(
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:14 am

Post by sangres »

Unvote
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:20 am

Post by sangres »

In post 644, pieguyn wrote:
In post 642, sangres wrote:What are your reads on them individually?

I had S-S town based on the town slip and his other posts around that time. the Quil interaction strengthened it.

Quil is one of the few ppl in this game I don't have some form of town read on. however, outside of the S-S push, I haven't found anything he's done so far scummy. you?

I have a form of a town read on Quilford because I like how he carries himself this game. I didn't really find his push scummy/have a particularly strong opinion about his side of the interactions when I first read, so going back over them now.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:29 am

Post by sangres »

Pieguyn, have you read Mafia on the Metro? It was brought up at the end of Twin Trap or some dumb shit and I think it does a good job of establishing a pretty decent scum baseline for Quilford. Read that, tell me if your opinion on the push changes at all.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”