votes
    to lynch.

Green Crayons
    ' V/LA ended
    Mon Jun 22 @ 12 AM EST
    Untrod Tripod
    's V/LA ended
    Mon Jun 22 @ 12 AM EST
Last edited by Marquis on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
link in bio
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah, have fun if D4 is you, Bulge, Shadoxx, Kitty, and Laladucks. I sincerely hope I get shot before then.

Also, what do you expect me to do about my proposed scums? I'm already waiting two answers from Shadoxx, who hasn't posted in over three days. I just addressed Bella within the last 24 hours. I legitimately don't understand where your "OMG DISTRACTIONS" is coming from unless you want me to keep vomiting the same questions to Shadoxx over and over again until he finally posts.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Glork »

Mod: even taking into account the 24 hour night phase, Bulge, Kitty Galore, Shadoxx, and UT have all not-posted in over 48 hours of day phase. Can we get some prods/replacements please?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 447, Green Crayons wrote:The argument that asking for a claim in that situation was helping direct the scum NK is also a little warped, because, like... BiBob was going to be lynched anyways? So asking for a claim was, in a sense, actually (potentially) tying the scum's NK hands because they wouldn't have gotten the BiBob mislynch, and so scum was going to have to NK BiBob if they actually wanted to get rid of him.

I guess? But this is somewhat coming from the post-perspective of BiBob being odd-night rolecop. At the time, with one hour left, not knowing BiBob's status then getting BiBob to claim would (likely) only:
1) Be a VT claim - then he's lynched and the PR pool is narrowed down by two VT claims (ducky and BiBob)
2) Be a PR claim - and either BiBob is:
a) still lynched (for a multitude of reasons, like not believing the claim, a counter claim, lack of time or something)
b) not lynched and we reach a no lynch, and BiBob is an outed PR
c) not lynched and we reach a consensus lynch by getting 5 people in one hour to change their votes to Shadoxx, or 6+ to change their vote to someone else, hoping to hit scum, and BiBob is an outed PR

To me...option c, which is probably the best outcome also seemed very unlikely with one hour left (even if we assume BiBob was NOT on V/LA).

It just seems weird that if you are going to ask for a claim, that you do so with ONE HOUR LEFT when there is almost no time to organize a contingency lynch. Just feels like scum searching for info going into the night.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 447, Green Crayons wrote:I am saying that you are saying asking for a claim in the situation presented here is autoscum. And I am disagreeing with that.

Fair enough. What I said was "it only fits a scum mentality", so I can see where you interpret "autoscum". Also poor word choice by me I guess. To me, what I meant, is it's more likely a scum mentality (or anti-town mentality at best) than a town mentality given the situation.

But this claim deal isn't my main point. It's simply an added point to combine with my other points about Bella (and the larger Bella/KayP situation) that asking for a claim in this situation can indeed fit a scum mentality.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 452, Glork wrote:
Mod: even taking into account the 24 hour night phase, Bulge, Kitty Galore, Shadoxx, and UT have all not-posted in over 48 hours of day phase. Can we get some prods/replacements please?

Untrod Tripod has been on V/LA.

The prod timer resets every Day phase. If players are not on V/LA and have not posted within 48 hours of daystart (approximately 7 hours from now), they will be prodded, and replaced if they do not post in the following 12 hours.

However, a prod will also be issued if a player has not posted within 12 hours of their V/LA ending.

(Prodding Untrod Tripod now.)
link in bio
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 451, Glork wrote:Also, what do you expect me to do about my proposed scums? I'm already waiting two answers from Shadoxx, who hasn't posted in over three days. I just addressed Bella within the last 24 hours. I legitimately don't understand where your "OMG DISTRACTIONS" is coming from unless you want me to keep vomiting the same questions to Shadoxx over and over again until he finally posts.

(shrug)

I dunno, bro. It's just something that bothered me and so I pressed it.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 453, Fro99er wrote:It just seems weird that if you are going to ask for a claim, that you do so with ONE HOUR LEFT when there is almost no time to organize a contingency lynch. Just feels like scum searching for info going into the night.

I agree that it's weird and likely pointless. (Sidenote: did Bella/Kay ever explain why they asked for a claim at that hour? /lazy)

If BiBob is going to be lynched anyways - thereby negating the scum needing to NK him to get him out of the game - I really don't see the scum motivation in seeking a claim. If Bob is lynched anyways, it's a mislynch (good for them) and they get the knowledge of his PR. If Bob is not lynched, and there's no lynch (a wash), they have the knowledge of the PR that they would've known via his mislynch. If Bob is no lynched, and there's a random other lynch (dangerous), they have the knowledge of the PR that they would've known via his mislynch + either one of their own dead or a rando dead.

(SHRUG)

ANYWAYS. I do think folks are onto something regarding Bella's accommodating style of play.

VOTE: Bella
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:08 am

Post by KayP »

In post 447, Green Crayons wrote:The argument that asking for a claim in that situation was helping direct the scum NK is also a little warped, because, like... BiBob was going to be lynched anyways? So asking for a claim was, in a sense, actually (potentially) tying the scum's NK hands because they wouldn't have gotten the BiBob mislynch, and so scum was going to have to NK BiBob if they actually wanted to get rid of him.

This was sort of my thought process at the end of the day.

I know I was cutting it close by waiting for a claim, but I figured there were three options:

1) BiBob shows up and claims VT or some similarly lynchable role, and I hammer.
2) BiBob doesn't show up at all, and I hammer.
3) BiBob shows up and claims a really important power role, I don't hammer, and then mafia have to waste their kill on BiBob to get rid of the power role.

I didn't see the harm in waiting for a claim and I certainly don't see how it's scummy... I think the only way this would've been scummy is if I hadn't hammered and had instead disappeared, asking for a missed lynch.
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:09 am

Post by KayP »

In post 451, Glork wrote:Yeah, have fun if D4 is you, Bulge, Shadoxx, Kitty, and Laladucks. I sincerely hope I get shot before then.

Also, what do you expect me to do about my proposed scums? I'm already waiting two answers from Shadoxx, who hasn't posted in over three days. I just addressed Bella within the last 24 hours. I legitimately don't understand where your "OMG DISTRACTIONS" is coming from unless you want me to keep vomiting the same questions to Shadoxx over and over again until he finally posts.

What makes you think I won't make it to Day 4?
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:11 am

Post by KayP »

Huh. That was underwhelming. I figured with me being gone for almost a full day, there'd be more to come back to. :\

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 457, Green Crayons wrote:If BiBob is going to be lynched anyways - thereby negating the scum needing to NK him to get him out of the game - I really don't see the scum motivation in seeking a claim.

Right...
IF
BiBob is going to be lynched anyway. But we didn't know for a fact that BiBob would be lynched, so your point quoted is based off the one if scenario (which did eventually come true).

The other two scenarios, (no lynch or lynch someone else) it absolutely benefits scum to get a claim out of him, unless a scum is the one flashwagoned at the end of D1 (which makes me think even further that Shadoxx is town, as he was the likely flashwagon with Bella and KayP on board, and they being the ones asking for the claim).

Anyway...like I said, the claim deal is just a supporting part of my Bella read (accommodating, follows town, didn't push her scum reads past her initial vote on them, her initial reasons were weird anyway, etc.).

GC, what do you make of the fact that Bella and KayP both pushed on each other D1, then both ended up on the Shadoxx wagon late D1, then both came on at the end of D1 to ask for a claim and hammer? Coincidence?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 461, Fro99er wrote:GC, what do you make of the fact that Bella and KayP both pushed on each other D1, then both ended up on the Shadoxx wagon late D1, then both came on at the end of D1 to ask for a claim and hammer? Coincidence?

The fact that they pushed for each other is unhelpful until we get a flip from one of Bella/Kay.

The fact that they both ended upon on the Shadox wagon is not much more helpful until we get a flip from one of Bella/Kay/Shadox; although I do see a somewhat credible suspicion in the fact that Bella/Kay cross-scumread each other than then agreed upon a single third party scumread.

Both coming at the end of D1 and simultaneously asking for claim-before-hammer might be something if there was daytalk.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Fro99er »

Thanks...good points. I was asking more about the whole storyline, than addressing my three points individually, and obviously the association is just an association and is fairly useless until we get a flip. But I thought it was at least noteworthy to point out the storyline between the two (or three if we include Shadoxx) should we get a flip from one of them.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Fro99er »

FWIW, sounds like Kitty has gone completely MIA

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6976119
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:42 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm back bitches

TTH dying is either because of Glork or the Bulge (bulge is a weaker association, but TTH was really only pushing on Glork and Bulge at the end of the day), or is meant to set up Glork for a mislynch, imo.

I'm more willing to believe that Bulge is scum than Glork, at the moment. I have a hard time believe scum-Glork would so hammily lead a last minute mislynch, I'm finding him more likely to be a patsy than a killer atm.

vote Bulge
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I have a lot of warm fuzzy feelings about Fro99er
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Glork »

TBH I assumed the TTH kill was power role hunting.

On the assumption that KG has flaked and will be replaced,
Unvote
Vote: Bella
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 467, Glork wrote:TBH I assumed the TTH kill was power role hunting.

why?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

if I were scum and you were not, I would make every effort to frame the shit out of you

or just nightkill you

hmm
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Glork »

In post 468, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 467, Glork wrote:TBH I assumed the TTH kill was power role hunting.

why?

idk I didn't really put much thought into it. TTH struck me as town enough, but not standing out, so I can see how scum might've thought that was a good kill.

In post 469, Untrod Tripod wrote:if I were scum and you were not, I would make every effort to frame the shit out of you

or just nightkill you

hmm

Yeah, but at least 9/12 players probably aren't of that mindset. You/GC, maybe Frogger, and I'm p sure I've not played with any of the other players in this game. If it weren't for being a masonizer in Reck's Retrospective, I'd probably have gotten me/singer lynched, and the two previous games I played (Balto/Reckoning invitationals), I wound up as mislynch/vig fodder. So framing is a possibility. I don't think I get nightkilled until I actually lead a scumlynch, though.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Lead a scumlynch already, then!
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Bob Loblaw »

UT we're lynching Bella or Shadoxx today

What are you even doing man
Bout to lob a Bob Loblaw bomb; duck.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Marquis »

Bellaphant has requested replacement.

The Bulge, Kitty Galore, and lalaladucks are being prodded.
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 399, Marquis wrote:Image

bee-yump
link in bio