Newbie 1613: Mafia in the Summer (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 122, juckter wrote:
In post 120, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 116, juckter wrote:Not his only town soft claim. In his posts he always refers town as "we".

What do you make of it though?

I make a town soft claim. Not something I'm particularly fond of. It doesn't exactly scream town if you ask me.

This is directly contradicting his post before. In the post before he claims that my slot was clearly town the. He goes on to state this.

Hope juck comes to explain all this nonsense
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Aneninen »

He may have tried to find someone who could be wagoned later.

Post-edit: Radmann, Notscience is a terrible idea.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 107, juckter wrote:
In post 101, LicketyQuickety wrote:So you're saying you're voting for him because of his weak vote and being inconsistent. Are there other reasons for the vote because I'm not convinced at this point.

I already explained the reasoning for my vote. If you disagree, you are free to respond to my case.

LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 99, Ilhom wrote:
Note: juckter is choosing to focus on one game at a time. He has only 4 posts since the game started and almost all of them have been wall posts.

Yes, this is my only game right now, and yes, I'm choosing to make wall-ish posts instead of responding to everything that arises individually. If you'd rather have me do that I can try to.

Also, why the hell are we still talking about Ilhom's vote? How difficult is it to comprehend a jokey vote? Why does he need to have a bigger reason, and HOW is he supposed to have a bigger reason when the game just started? I'm not Ilhom, but I can, quite confidently,
tell you there is not a large conspiracy going on
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 am

Post by radmann9 »

In post 401, Aneninen wrote:He may have tried to find someone who could be wagoned later.

Post-edit: Radmann, Notscience is a terrible idea.

Why do you say that NS is a terrible idea?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:43 am

Post by Aneninen »

I don't think he'd have bussed his buddy on Day1. Even if he's done so, he could have jumped off and he could have launched a counter-wagon anytime.
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:55 am

Post by radmann9 »

In post 279, notscience wrote:
In post 264, fake plants wrote:Why post either of these really? If you're playing in 3 games and you are becoming overwhelmed, even if it's true, it's bad to admit to your fellow townies that your attention is divided, it shakes our confidence in you even more. With the second post you go V/LA close to deadline, which is basically saying to town; "adios, you're on your own folks!"

I'm not sure we'll get amazing information from Lickety flipping town. He's been targeted the whole game though, so we do have those posts at the very least regardless of what he flips. For the reasons above: VOTE: LicketyQuickety.

This is a really bad vote.

The thing I saw still makes me think you are town but

holy cow this is a terrible vote

Anyways, anen what do yo uthink of mine/dp's interaction, namely him claiming first off that I can't use my weak reasoning to read him because we havent played together in forever, then suddenly changing his tune to "we have played together a lot and I think hes scum"

First we have this. Which he 'confirmed' fakeplants/Cthulu as town while attacking the vote on LQ.

In post 281, notscience wrote:That's nice

I'm still not changing my read.

Then we have this for no real reason other than. "Neh-neh-neh-neh-neh-you-can't-make-me!"

In post 285, notscience wrote:Then we come to the question on why you think you can convince me to vote my proposed buddy, if I know you're adamant I'm scum why would I do anything you say?

In post 292, notscience wrote:Anyways, deadline's in a few days.

VOTE: LQ

L-1.

Then only four votes later, he switches sides for no reasons other than he saw the tide turning. Looks an awful lot like bussing to me.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Cthulhu Dreaming »

In post 399, radmann9 wrote:
In post 393, Aneninen wrote:

Jucker. He told that he would hammer LQ before Deadline... but it never happened. Sometimes scums are tiptoeing around a wagon on their buddy without voting for them. But, apart from being away, Juckter has done nothing scummy so far.

He said he would hammer then vanished when the time came. It could either have been purposeful to mess up the vote by not having enough numbers or it could have just been a case of him vanishing. Hard to tell, but with him not responding since, it makes sense that it would be the latter. Unsure...

I'll vote either Juckter or notscience depending on what they have to say.

It's only fair to point out that juckter said he would be online "at deadline" and JTC hammered two hours prior to deadline - so there's a third option: Someone else beat him to it. Why ignore that possibility?
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am

Post by radmann9 »

Good point. I didn't notice the timing of JTC's.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:01 pm

In post 405, radmann9 wrote:
Then only four votes later, he switches sides for no reasons other than he saw the tide turning. Looks an awful lot like bussing to me.

It looks an awful lot like not bussing to me.
JumpsToConclusions
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by JumpsToConclusions »

Day 1 aftermath reads:
Cthulhu Dreaming/fake plants - Strong town. The biggest reason being that when Cthulhu replaced fake plants he had the opportunity to move the vote from Lickety to anyone else; as scum he could have just claimed he had different reads and found any number of reasons to put a vote on someone else. Instead he removes his vote from Lickety, reads up, and puts it back on Lickety; I do not think mafia puts their partner at L-1 as that is a very dangerous position. And so far in D2 he has been leading/focusing the conversation so that it actually provides meaningful content.

DP - Town. I liked his end of D1: Asking notscience to vote for the 2 people that DP thought were scum but notscience thought were town, showing frustration that certain players/slots were inactive, and the fake hammer on Lickety.

Anen - Strong town. He left a wagon on me (@ L-1), to start building a wagon on his partner and kill him? I don't think so.

Delz/Zen/radmann9 - Null. Delz asked questions that led to no action. Zen had 5 posts and joked on hammering for more time to read. Radmann9 may help this read develop further, as it appears he has already had more posts than the other two people occupying the slot.

notscience - Null/Scum. If there is a person on the vote I think was voting on their partner it is notscience. He labels Lickety as weak town in his reads (post ) but most of his content on Lickety appears negative. Later he just votes Lickety without providing any reason. Also, he found a reason to think fake plants (now Cthulhu) was town but never decided to share it with us, even after we asked him directly.

Ilhom/Bulbazoor - Null/Scum. Ilhom was reading juckter town the entire game, seemed like a pocket attempt. He leaned Lickety being more town without much reasoning in post , and he seemed to fizzle out of the game about the time the Lickety wagon was formed. Bulbazoor is bringing up a lot of useless info at the moment, like page 1 RVS.

juckter - Scum. I have not liked his content or his activity; I feel like his reads are recycled from other players and just presented in a different way, where is the OC man!
In post 346, juckter wrote:I'm really sorry for my inactivity these past few days. Lots of stuff has been happening in real life. I'll be here at deadline so I'll hammer if necessary.

I really dislike this and it makes you look scummy to me. What benefit is there to town to tell everyone 'I'll be the hammer so everyone else can forget about it', why not just hammer right then? If you do this as town it pretty much takes the pressure off of mafia to decide to put the hammer on a potential town player. Yes, I understand Lickety turned up mafia, but pre-lynch we had no idea what his alignment was; or did you? I could see this being something a mafia player would do though, say you will cover the last vote and then no show. And given the frequency and length of time you disappear I am sure you could have come up with a reason which we would have believed.

Vote: Juckter
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.01juckter (2) - Bulbazoor, JumpsToConclusions
notscience (1) - DoctorPepper
radmann9 (1) - Aneninen

Not Voting (4) - Cthulhu Dreaming, juckter, notscience, radmann9

With 8 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, July 6, 2015, at 2:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-07-06 02:30:00).

Moderator Comments
In post 359, Aneninen wrote:The Deadline Extension is null-tell.
As far as I know Mods are to extend the Deadline of the Night if a replacement occours during that time; even if the player who replaces in has no Night Action at all.

Equinox, are you allowed to confirm this?

My policy is to extend the deadline by 24 hours for any replacement that occurs at the end of Night phase.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm not interested in voting anyone today that was on the LQ wagon at hammer yesterday.

@JTC I like your reasoning in most spots but I don't care for your conclusion on notscience, nor do I think radmann deserves a null.

How about a juckter/radmann 1v1?

VOTE: radmann9
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by radmann9 »

Well if it's going to come down to that. I'll go ahead and vote for juckter.

1V1 me bro!

VOTE: juckter
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

I think juck is the scum. I dislike everything he had posted so far
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

i do not like radmann so far
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 414, DoctorPepper wrote:i do not like radmann so far

Explain this please.
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:30 am

Post by radmann9 »

*sniffle* I'm a nice enough guy.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:11 am

I'm really not liking that juckter was on eight hours ago and didn't see fit to grace us with a post even though he's at L-2.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:47 am

Post by notscience »

In post 396, radmann9 wrote:notscience - This is the one that really seems scummy to me. He had a few votes against him due to DoctorPepper and fakeplants. She had no real defense against possibly being scum and just felt overly-defensive [scum]

If I am your super strong scumread why are you not voting me? It looks like you're trying to keep yourself set up for future days because you know you have several ML's to push.
In post 405, radmann9 wrote:First we have this. Which he 'confirmed' fakeplants/Cthulu as town while attacking the vote on LQ.

It wasn't so much attacking the vote as the reasoning behind it.
In post 405, radmann9 wrote:Then we have this for no real reason other than. "Neh-neh-neh-neh-neh-you-can't-make-me!"

Not really, it's essentially saying "trying to pressure me to get this info out of me will just waste time"

But sure, if that's what you want to call it, by all means.
In post 405, radmann9 wrote:Then only four votes later, he switches sides for no reasons other than he saw the tide turning. Looks an awful lot like bussing to me.

Quote any posts in between the two that can indicate the tide turning and me not actually being aware of an impending deadline.

I'll wait.
In post 409, JumpsToConclusions wrote:notscience - Null/Scum. If there is a person on the vote I think was voting on their partner it is notscience. He labels Lickety as weak town in his reads (post 189) but most of his content on Lickety appears negative. Later he just votes Lickety without providing any reason. Also, he found a reason to think fake plants (now Cthulhu) was town but never decided to share it with us, even after we asked him directly.

Just so we're totally clear, I'm still not going to do this.

Like, even if I'm at L-1.

Nope!

But compromise wagons are a thing for a reason, any lynch is better than no lynch.

You're still voting me, DP.

But I echo this sentiment.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:51 am

Post by notscience »

In post 417, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:I'm really not liking that juckter was on eight hours ago and didn't see fit to grace us with a post even though he's at L-2.

I'm online a fair amount posting in GD and not games because I dont have time to do game stuff at work

So I dont really see the issue
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:36 am

In post 419, notscience wrote:
In post 417, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:I'm really not liking that juckter was on eight hours ago and didn't see fit to grace us with a post even though he's at L-2.

I'm online a fair amount posting in GD and not games because I dont have time to do game stuff at work

So I dont really see the issue

Perhaps that's all it is - no way to tell, unfortunately unless he decides to post.

Do you intend to get on the radmann wagon?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

For some reason I Am not feeling a rad lynch.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Aneninen »

Tomorrow. Okay?
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 415, Bulbazoor wrote:

Explain this please.

For one he obviously hasnt read the thread. He claimed I basically am pushing for a notscience lynch for shits and giggles even if I had a great suspicion for him day one.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 pm

In post 423, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 415, Bulbazoor wrote:

Explain this please.

For one he obviously hasnt read the thread. He claimed I basically am pushing for a notscience lynch for shits and giggles even if I had a great suspicion for him day one.

Would you mind summarizing your case? I for one am not seeing it and it looks like an unproductive TvT at this point.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”