Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm paranoid enough to think that if either Glork or Tammy is scum, the other is too.

I will read the novella that is the past 3 pages at some point.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:17 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh great, we have two days to lynch someone and everyone is unvoting
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:18 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I expressed my suspicions about glork being scum given the way he heroically led a daring mislynch counterwagon on day 1, but I'm willing to go with it if it's our only option to no lynch
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

suspicions about it being "I doubt glork would do something that dumb"
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 602, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh great, we have two days to lynch someone and everyone is unvoting

Relax. In putting my vote back on somewhere as soon as I am able to sit down at a computer and catch up. In going to the eye doc and taking my car in for a tune up, and then I'll read, comment, and vote.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:27 am

Post by Fro99er »

*I'm
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh only 2 days. So I should probably get around to reading the novella sooner rather than later.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 602, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh great, we have two days to lynch someone and everyone is unvoting

I mean

You're voting a lurker

Almost as good as an unvote tbqh
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:53 am

Post by KayP »

Okay. I went back and thought about it. I still feel like Tammy's posts are rubbing me the wrong way and wouldn't mind seeing her lynched, but I'm having a really hard time determining whether that's logical or purely emotional. One thing I will say is that I really disliked Glork's response to Tammy's stuff... it may have been a lot to respond to, but he basically just attempts to brush off the entire thing without so much as a single nod in Tammy's direction. I've seen so much of that attitude this game that it's fairly old by this point, but that's basically the only thing against Glork that I can be 100% on board with, I think. Tammy's points just don't do much for me overall.

I'm also really, really still wanting a Shaddox lynch. It's frustrating to me that my top suspect has replaced out after the pressure I put on him, and now his replacement just won't be able to answer my questions. It feels like the mafia equivalent of blue balls, and it's highly suspect to me that the replace out happened while under pressure. I won't be backing down from this, and I feel like there's blood in the water.

I think it's time for me to see where I am with each player:

Tammy/Bellaphant
: Still not a big fan of Bellaphant's early push against me, which then just caved in and gave way to a "cease-fire", followed by a jump onto me when prodded. I think Tammy's play is making it harder for me to really understand what I think about this player(s), because I already had resentment towards Bellaphant for reading me like that, and Tammy's personality and war of words with me has just made me more upset about that fact. I don't like Tammy's case against Glork, because it feels purely motivated from a mindset of attacking her attackers for the sake of discrediting them, and that feels like a scum tactic. I can't help but wonder if I'm bringing too much personal bias into this read.

Bob Loblaw
: Honestly, a player I haven't given much attention to, similar to Glork. Bob has been agreeing with my reads for the most part and thinks I'm town, which means he hasn't caught my eye or caused me to dig into his posts. I find it interesting that he has claimed he's an alternate account, though I don't think I can really use that in any way. I think I lean town on this guy for now just because his thoughts seem to align with mine, or at least... I can understand his thoughts, and I'm town, so he probably isn't able to emulate exact thought patterns of a townie that easily. (Also: I love Arrested Development! <3)

Fro99er
: I liked my early battle with him. It felt raw and fresh and fun. I think he was passionate. I backed down a bit from him after that exchange because it felt like he was justified. I'd be happy putting him in the town pile for now, and everything I've seen from him since then feels like an actual attempt to better understand the game and the players in it to make the right choice, rather than any kind of manipulation tactic.

Glork
: As I said earlier, he has flown under my radar because he was basically the only person agreeing with me on Shaddox D1. I guess that's a weakness of mine is ignoring people who like me or treat me as town. I don't find most of Tammy's points particularly compelling, but I do dislike his response to her points. I still think there are better options for a lynch, and I probably won't wind up supporting a Glork lynch barring some kind of serious revisiting of the points against Tammy from someone other than Tammy.

Green Crayons
: He followed me onto Frogger early on... and nobody made a peep about it. He supported Glork's vote on Bella after the one-liner as reasonable... and yet Tammy is completely focused on Glork. He joined me on Shaddox... but never gave a reason for his support. He spent a lot of Day 1 engaging in arguments with TTH and doing weird fake claiming stuff with Untrod Tripod. Now that I'm thinking about it, there's a lot here to dislike so far, but this is the first time I've sat down and really thought about it sequentially like that.

SleepyKrew/Kitty Galore
: Kitty did basically nothing, and SleepyKrew has done nothing so far as well. This is the most useless slot in the game because there's nothing to really go on here other than just neutral, grey, goopy content. Not impressed and definitely not liking how his stance so far seems to be "going to wait for the lynch today to happen then I'll start contributing". It basically allows him to stand off to the side and watch something happen without having any responsibility for anything today.

lalaladucks
: Oh ducks... I just don't know what to think about ducks. My town read on ducks at the start of the game was decently strong, but I think a lot of that was due to me viewing Frogger's attacks on her at the time as weird or phony. I think since then, I've had more issues with stances/plays she's made (as I explained to Tammy above), and I find the quick breakdown of the ducks wagon yesterday highly suspect. All D2 content/posts from her have been
awful
and with how the wagon seemingly just stopped yesterday, I'd be okay with a lynch here.

Shadoxx8/RedCoyote
: The first two posts Shaddox made in this game were
really
sketchy. The 'attack' against me is really suspicious as well -- not only were the points made weak or downright falsehoods, but Shaddox tries to brush it all away by going "I think KayP is scummiest, but isn't mafia"... which I guess I can understand thinking "the play is scummy but the player is town", but then Shaddox votes me anyway. It makes absolutely no sense and, to me, looks like Shaddox engaged me then wanted to back down from it but couldn't find an elegant way to do so.

The Bulge
: He did nothing Day 1. He had light questioning of me early on, which I responded to and he never followed up on... then he just claimed he hates Day 1 and stopped contributing. Today, he has done nothing as well. He has probably the least amount of content in the game, possibly less than Kitty/SleepyKrew. I guess I'll just say that with so little to dig into, there's nothing we can go on, and that this game is "short deadlines" which means it's very easy for mafia to just hide in the inactivity and let town kill each other. This seems like a pretty valid strategy in such a fast-paced game. I'd like to see Bulge eat some tasty, tasty rope :P

Untrod Tripod
: What even is this? I just looked at how many posts he has -- 43!! I was shocked by that number, because almost none of them feel useful, and I assumed he would have maybe 10 posts at most based on my fuzzy recollection of the game. Everyone seems to be just ignoring his weird stances and string of jokey comments and posts. I was okay with it earlier, to an extent, but at this stage in the game I'd expect someone with 43 posts to have more actual "oomph!" behind their posts.

---

All this thought exercise has done is show me I have way more potential mafia reads than I'd like to have, and it has me convinced that it's very likely mafia would hide behind inactivity or tactically be useless because the game's days go so quickly. I think, now, especially (which has changed since I started writing this post 45 minutes ago), that the stuff with me and Tammy and the stuff with Tammy and Glork is more likely to be all town simply because we're all "visible" for lack of a better word, and that we may be better off digging through this pile of inactives (Shaddox! Shaddox! Shaddox!) to weed out the mafia there.
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 609, KayP wrote:Everyone seems to be just ignoring his weird stances and string of jokey comments and posts.

given your anime avatar and signature, I'd say there's a distinct chance that you don't get some of the finer nuances of human communication
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 551, Tammy wrote:but Green Crayons reminds me of boon skies

This is simultaneously perplexing and hilarious.

I'm going to take it as a compliment.

Make sure Boon sees this! He damned well better take it as a compliment as well.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

that and I've managed to give reads and thoughts without having to write a goddamn novel to accompany every single one, so at the very least I'm null utility where you're negative utility :)
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

buuuuuuuuuuut seriously

I like how KayP is relentlessly pursuing the goal of giving transparent thoughts and seemingly wants us to know everything ze's thinking
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 609, KayP wrote:The Bulge: He did nothing Day 1. He had light questioning of me early on, which I responded to and he never followed up on... then he just claimed he hates Day 1 and stopped contributing. Today, he has done nothing as well. He has probably the least amount of content in the game, possibly less than Kitty/SleepyKrew. I guess I'll just say that with so little to dig into, there's nothing we can go on, and that this game is "short deadlines" which means it's very easy for mafia to just hide in the inactivity and let town kill each other. This seems like a pretty valid strategy in such a fast-paced game. I'd like to see Bulge eat some tasty, tasty rope

then vote this pl0x
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That was neat.

- Tammy's suspicions of Kay aren't great.

- Not a fan of Tammy constantly criticizing/suspecting Kay's play, and then getting super High Moral Ground about Kay getting sucked into responding to Tammy's criticisms/suspicions.

- I could lynch either Glork or Tammy.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Fro99er »

While I'm sitting here at the eye doctor can Bulge Sleepy and RC actually DO something to help town?

This short deadline deal has been a bit silly. I mean, it feels like Bulge waits 48 hours into the day, posts once as a prod dodge,waits another 48 hours, posts once, and thus fulfills his obligations for the 6 day deadline, and then his timer resets overnight. It's ridiculous.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

RC is p good, I expect something from him (real time) today because he promised.

SK is lazy, but he promised to not be lazy so I expect to see something from him (game time) today because he promised.

Bulge very much lurkerdodge posted and if he does it again I would be 100% okay with policy lynching.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm 10+ pages in. I have two strong scumreads, but I'm given pause as neither of them are currently being voted. Taking a short break.

Honestly, I didn't realize the deadline was so short or I probably wouldn't have replaced in. I'd really like more time to give my input and have it criticized and absorbed in. I'm tempted to ask the
Mod
for an extension of a two or three days if it's all the same with y'all. I promise I have something ruminating here. It's good stuff.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm not against a deadline extension simply because of the two new replacements.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Basically the only reason ever to give a deadline extension, in my correct opinion.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

An extension would be great, but Bulge, RC and Sleepy shouldn't be banking on that for catchup opportunity (I see RC is catching up now) because post 1 states no extensions.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 1, Marquis wrote:One game Day lasts 6 real days.
One game Night lasts 1 real day (24 real hours).
These will not be extended. However, any Night actions can be submitted during the Day before.
link in bio
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, I was scared of that. Okay, damn, I'll hurry up and finish because I want to try and sell y'all on a new wagon as my reads stand (page 17ish). I need more time though. I'm still here reading.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I could vote tamtam

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”