Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

In post 933, Soft-spoken wrote:GB seems to type to be feared as scum

I don't have time today for mafia either but Regfan left me a message re: this post and my response is "LMAO". If anything, we would be the afraid ones here. Regfan is pretty bad and obvious as scum and I'm even worse.

Also, Regfan said he liked Nacho's latest posts (and I agree, from the cursory look I took at them) and that he is fine coming back to a {Gold Saucer, Soft-spoken, sangres} town bloc. This is where I'm at too.

P-edit: I feel you, bro, life's being pretty un-dank to me too.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm literally working 7:35 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. then 12:00 P.M. to the next day at 11:00 A.M. so I'm gone for a while boys.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

wow ok nacho is making sense now
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

@gb the reason i say that is that the tone from all your posts from both heads seem to be fairly neutral and accommodating
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

am i wrong or is gold saucer not on anyone's "im not going to vote this person" list
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by sangres »

@Quilford:

Why is Pie town? Why is Rancid town?
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

I've only got a few minutes before I'm heading out (Will respond to Nachos posts when I get back later or tomorrow morning) but wanted to say can follow his thought process a lot better now, in particular really like the explanation behind the vote and rescinding of vote on Pie now and am very comfortable with that slot being in my ubertown pool now. Really see no way that any of Soft/Gold/Sangres are scum which alone makes PoE much stronger.

Still think a YurikoScum lynch is the best bet right now, likely going to move our vote there tomorrow especially if there's no content and continuous "Still catching up", "This is hard!" posts. If I'm right about Yuriko being scum Molla joins my ubertown pool for interactions/his push with her.

Do want another read through on Pie, quickly discussed him with Empire earlier and we're both still uncomfortable with him and STILL don't see the town-reads on him (I really don't take the "I've played with him, this is is town meta!" type reads as worth much without a proper explanation behind how his posting had town motivation inside this thread and I disagree with the "He has no real scum motivation to push back like that" when a) If he's scum with someone like Yuriko in a playerlist like this attempting to get town-read via a big "Attack" like that would be optimal play and b) I still find the way he went about it hard to fathom from town (I find it very hard to believe he strongly believed that the two lines we'd said about him was us 'strongly pushing him as scum' especially given the context of both of them). I think I do need to read Nachos posts re; the town read more but I think he's got more to come on that so I may wait?

I also want to go through Quilford more, I think Empire explained it best when I spoke with him, the biggest issue re; Quilford is the lack of pro-activeness in getting reads and pushing the game forward - there's not a lot of voicing of where in particular he's uncertain and actions to remedy that (For instance his "doubt re; us" doesn't add up with him not really voicing a) Why this was the case initially or b) Attempting to get a better read on us via asking us questions or wanting us to elaborate on particular reads of ours. I also really disliked his reaction / response to me, Empire thought it was "robotic" but I'd describe it as more slimy - the way he attempted to compare our read on him with his read on us was baaaad and ignores a lot of what has happened in the thread re; content / posts / stances taken.

Also Soft - Tone is probably not what's best to use when reading when (I don't think it's the best thing to use re; Empire either) since I'd consider my playstyle largely logic-based, biggest differences and most noticeable between my town/scum game is probably amount of real content/reads (I hate hate hate hate being scum and the lack of motivation and lack of posting due to it is huge) as well as their accuracy (I hate BoP being used but it's sadly an effective way to read me).
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

to clarify i wasnt saying your tone is scummy... its just that people with that tone tend to slip beneath my radar and i cant see me getting an accurate read on your slot
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:17 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

im done with waiting for yuriko to post. tbh if yuriko is town im gunna have a hard time forgiving her for not replacing out :(
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:19 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

VOTE: YurikoJasmine now is the time to post anything you possibly can. idc if you arnt caught up.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:19 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

l-1
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 955, sangres wrote:@Quilford:

Why is Pie town? Why is Rancid town?

Will get to this.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 956, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:I also want to go through Quilford more, I think Empire explained it best when I spoke with him, the biggest issue re; Quilford is the lack of pro-activeness in getting reads and pushing the game forward - there's not a lot of voicing of where in particular he's uncertain and actions to remedy that

Have you read #879?

In post 956, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:(For instance his "doubt re; us" doesn't add up with him not really voicing a) Why this was the case initially or b) Attempting to get a better read on us via asking us questions or wanting us to elaborate on particular reads of ours.

I literally have no idea which post of mine you're referring to when you say "doubt re; us", given that that phrase appears in approximately zero of my posts.

In post 956, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:I also really disliked his reaction / response to me, Empire thought it was "robotic" but I'd describe it as more slimy - the way he attempted to compare our read on him with his read on us was baaaad and ignores a lot of what has happened in the thread re; content / posts / stances taken.

Where did I attempt to compare your read on me with my read on you?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Quilford »

Possibly one of the most incomprehensible paragraphs I've ever read, Regfan. I get really irritated with you when you set the bar really high on what you deem to be acceptable levels of contribution and then fail to actually write things that the people you're attacking can parse.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 956, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:a) If he's scum with someone like Yuriko in a playerlist like this attempting to get town-read via a big "Attack" like that would be optimal play

Not addressing the validity of the point you're making itself (which I want to get to in a subsequent post) I think you're really flirting with begging the question by assuming scum and then attributing motivation as if it explains why she would do this if she were scum, not why she is necessarily scum for lashing out at you, or why it is significantly unlikely that it would have come from town. Especially since to me there's a really obvious potential non-alignment indicative response [player dependent too, as Nacho I think would say this is possibly a towntell from pie personally but I don't want to even bring that into this] here: she was simply overreacting and lashing out at being called scum for what she perceived as shit reasons.

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

I also don't understand how you can quantify any likelihood to "with the potential of Yuriko as the partner (which is also a pre-flip connection but one that you're at least being consistent about) pie-scum is more likely to 1) respond to an attack against her? 2) be aggressive in general 3) fake an emotional response

I don't know why "attack" is even in quotes here; "attacking" people is part of the game. "Big attacks" are very often part of the game.

I don't see how you can honestly and conscientiously make that point.

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:09 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 954, Soft-spoken wrote:am i wrong or is gold saucer not on anyone's "im not going to vote this person" list

last I checked the utter opposite of this was true

unless you're scumreading me and have just failed to bring it up thus far (if so, I am totes all ears)

the only person who I've seen leverage any kind of paranoia on us was pie and she was dissuaded pretty quickly

-b
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Getting to this tomorrow.

-Nati

PS: There ain't room enough for two lazy people in this hydra, Nati. Get to work.
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

Should I claim?
I was NK-immuned but lynched Day 1. :/
Record: Won 3 Lost 7 Draw 0 \\ Ongoing: 0 (Living: 0)

Last year of school. Works two part-times.

**I'm from Hong Kong (GMT+8)
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

yes; If you're the ff I want to know with enough time to spare to reevaluate

we've got like what, 2 days left?

-b
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:16 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

claim: firefighter

:((

Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

UNVOTE:

not-ccing

Can everyone please explicitly CC or not CC?

-b
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:19 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

@soft-spoken:
I'm sorry :( In hindsight maybe I should have replaced out last week when I was super busy and couldn't catch up with the flow of info that's so fast.
Now I'm trying my best to catch up and try not to be a loser and give up.

BUT if this meatworld issue and/or falling behind continues I might consider replacing out which is to the best of town I suppose

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:20 am

Post by pieguyn »

not CC'ing
pieguyn
pieguyn