Newbie 1613: Mafia in the Summer (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Cthulhu Dreaming »

I'm going to hold off on putting the juckter/Drixx slot at L-1 for the time being in the interest of giving Drixx a chance to catch up and contribute.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 412, radmann9 wrote:Well if it's going to come down to that. I'll go ahead and vote for juckter.

1V1 me bro!

VOTE: juckter

I do not think scum would be that trollish.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.03Drixx (3) - Bulbazoor, JumpsToConclusions, radmann9
radmann9 (3) - Aneninen, Cthulhu Dreaming, DoctorPepper

Not Voting (2) - Drixx, notscience

With 8 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, July 6, 2015, at 2:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-07-06 02:30:00).
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Lol why mine?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh hey. Nothing like replacing into the frying pan. Anyone care to sum up the case on the two wagons?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

Indeed. Do you intend to do a read through and give your impressions?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Drixx »

There aren't that many posts, so I'll certainly read the thread. I was just wondering if someone could summarize the reasons.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:23 am

Post by Aneninen »

Drixx,
After you've read the posts, you'll be supposed to answer this question inherited from Juckter:

In post 438, Aneninen wrote:Radmann, Juckter, let's play a little game.
Answer these questions:
(1) If you were scum, whom would you have tried to kill last Night?
(2) Why do you think the kill failed?
Anyone can join this game too. If needed, I'll post my answers too.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 456, Drixx wrote:There aren't that many posts, so I'll certainly read the thread. I was just wondering if someone could summarize the reasons.

There are over 350 posts. What are you talking about? Posts from specific players?
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:12 am

In post 456, Drixx wrote:There aren't that many posts, so I'll certainly read the thread. I was just wondering if someone could summarize the reasons.

Personally I'd rather see you give your impression of the game state to assist in sorting you.

As far as I'm concerned (and I may be alone in this), my desire to vote your slot is largely for pressure to see some production out of the slot.

As widely scum read as your slot happens to be, I'm not particularly interested in commenting much more than that until I have your reads.

It's up to you whether you want to cooperate with that effort or not.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:36 am

Post by Drixx »

I guess what counts as "a lot" of posts is subjective. I just finished a game that went nearly 12,000 posts. I guess I've got some reading and some questions to answer. I love no-win hypothetical questions ... they're so awesome.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 am

In post 460, Drixx wrote:I guess what counts as "a lot" of posts is subjective.
I just finished a game that went nearly 12,000 posts.
I guess I've got some reading and some questions to answer. I love no-win hypothetical questions ... they're so awesome.

Then this one should be a breeze to read, yes? When can we expect your summary?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:50 am

Post by notscience »

This is a dodge.

I'll try to be here tomorrow.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 461, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:
In post 460, Drixx wrote:I guess what counts as "a lot" of posts is subjective.
I just finished a game that went nearly 12,000 posts.
I guess I've got some reading and some questions to answer. I love no-win hypothetical questions ... they're so awesome.

Then this one should be a breeze to read, yes? When can we expect your summary?

Whenever it arrives. I have a finite amount of time, just like everyone else.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:03 pm

I gotta say, Drixx, I'm somewhat familiar with your history and tbf, I'll see your flip before I let you stall this game out.

UNVOTE: Radmann9
VOTE: Drixx

That's L-1 if I'm not mistaken.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

My history? Please link to a completed game on site where I was a lurk sack and didn't play the game, as any alignment. You can't, because such a game doesn't exist.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Drixx »

Come on now ... this should be really easy, whomever you are hiding behind an alt. If you got a problem with me, how bout you man up and hash it out in private like an adult instead of dragging a bullshit untrue claim into a newbie game, yeah? There are certain things that just shouldn't happen in newbie games. People hiding on alts and taking shots at someone they don't like (for any reason, whether justified or not) is one of those things. Rule breaking is another.

Let's see that link.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:36 pm

In post 465, Drixx wrote:My history? Please link to a completed game on site where I was a lurk sack and didn't play the game, as any alignment. You can't, because such a game doesn't exist.

That's not what I claimed *at all*. Anyone who wants to see the kind of shit I don't want to see in this game is welcome to read day one of Mini 1666. Dragging your feet. Obstinately refusing to help town (as town). Promising content and failing to deliver.

In post 466, Drixx wrote:Come on now ... this should be really easy, whomever you are hiding behind an alt.

Not an alt.

In post 465, Drixx wrote:
If you got a problem with me, how bout you man up and hash it out in private like an adult instead of dragging a bullshit untrue claim into a newbie game, yeah? There are certain things that just shouldn't happen in newbie games. People hiding on alts and taking shots at someone they don't like (for any reason, whether justified or not) is one of those things. Rule breaking is another.

Let's see that link.

As I said, I'm not an alt. I've never been in a game with you. I have read more than one, though, and I know somene who has.

Seriously, dude, read the game and give your impression. In the time you're taking to avoid reading the game, you could be doing so right now.

I think your slot is scum. Do something to prove me wrong. Do *something*.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

The truth is I read newbie 1605. Still not sure because he is still in that game.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

Your attack on me for being a serial lurker is just plain false. I spent years playing 48 hour day phases. I tend to the far more active side of the spectrum. If you had taken any time at all to actually read the game you're referring to, you would see that I didn't like the trap nature of a question someone put out early and I got backed into the no win position of nothing I could say would change things. If you had actually read, you would have seen me engage into the game anyway and by the end of the first day I had to convince the town to lynch me because they weren't going to which would have left me a huge distraction in later days. Sometimes you try something new or make a mistake and that's that. I've played at least a couple hundred forum mafia games, and I've never seen a completely recovery from an early game mistake by a townie like that. I've seen a ridiculous number of scum teams use such a blunder to get a win.

You basically just accused me of being a terrible player who stalls any game I joined because you didn't even apparently bother to read the game you think I stalled, when in fact I made sure I got lynched out of the way so as not to hurt town. Way to argue against yourself.

And while we're talking about old games, how about your earliest posts in Newbie 1580? I see a lot of excuses from you there. Lots of you asking for time.

So what's up with the attack on me? You referred to my "history" and said you'd rather just lynch me than let me stall the game. Now you're backpedaling awfully fast.

You look scummier with each post. What makes you think I don't have two tabs open for this game? I can't be reading the game and responding to your scummy bullshit at the same time?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 468, Bulbazoor wrote:The truth is I read newbie 1605. Still not sure because he is still in that game.

Be very very careful about talking about ongoing games. There's a very tiny subset of things you are allowed to say about an ongoing game. It's generally best not to say anything at all. You don't want to accidentally wander over that line.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm not attaching you for being a serial lurker, Drixx. I'm attacking you because your predecessor was scummy, and since your arrival, you've done Jack shit to change that assessment. I'm specifically *not* attacking you for that, but I am putting you on notice that the clock is ticking and I have little patience for stalling tactics from widely scum-read slots.

So do something to help town. What you're doing isn't it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

I've had the slot for like a few hours. You can go back and read what you said. You said you were somewhat familiar with my history and you weren't going to let me stall this game. That implies that I stall games. That implication is simply not even close to correct. The game you referred to anyone can look at and see that I tried to experiment with my approach early on and it ended up getting me scumread. Some people can be dismissive and treat others like shit and it works. It doesn't work for me. I've tried it a couple times and it just isn't who I am.

If you had taken any time at all to actually look at what I did in that game, I forced a lot of people to interact with me and then made sure I got lynched at the end of day one so that my alignment was known and people could review those interactions knowing for sure. I removed myself as a smokescreen for scum and there was a ton of useful stuff from day one. My guess is most players who have a few games under their belt could read that day 1 just knowing that I was town and correctly identify at least one of the scum team, if not all of them.

Subtlety is part of this game, and sometimes what it looks like someone is doing is not at all what they're doing.

I'm not used to being attacked when I replace into a game, let alone attacked in a way that just isn't at all representative of who I am. Quite frankly, I initially assumed you were violating the rules, because I had a nasty health scare earlier this month and had to do a site wide V/LA and I couldn't think of any completed game where anyone could make a case for me being inactive with a straight face. You went on the attack; I got defensive.

Now kindly take the L-1 vote off me so nobody accidentally hammers. As it so happens I was working on something when I got the PM and joined into the game, and I am, in between responding to the later posts in this game, reviewing the game as we speak. It really isn't that many posts, all things considered.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 pm

I'll take the vote off as soon as you start appearing more concerned with finding scum than defending yourself, and not a second sooner.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 pm

IOW it appears you've got all the time in the world to write defensive walls, but no time to find scum.

As long as that remains true, I want you to flip.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”