Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Kinetic »

I've just realized I'm the only person in thsi game without a special sub-title.

I'm sad now.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:43 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

You aren't the only one. They added stuff depending in the number of posts.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 1.5Albert B. Rampage
Jazzmyn
Juls
Kinetic - 1 (Plum)
Lady Lambdadelta
Master Zik
Plum
Quaroath
RedCoyote - 4 (Master Zik, Salamence20, Juls, LLD)
Salamence20
SleepyKrew - 2 (Quaroath, vezok)
vezokpiraka - 1 (Kinetic)
Vi - 2 (RedCoyote, Jazzmyn)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is (expired on 2015-07-06 12:00:00)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Kinetic »

I do not believe RC is worth 4 votes right now. Well, I don't believe he deserves more right now. I don't think he's as scummy as the vote count indicates.

With that being said, I'm having trouble really connecting with this game out of the gate. I think I'm going to re-read everything this weekend, and see if a full read gets some of the juices flowing. I agree with the comments that state my play has been suboptimal so far. I don't like that being the case.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 am

Post by Plum »

The state of the game as a whole is mediocre at best, actually. I'll be doing my best to do my part.

In post 45, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 37, Plum wrote:Given the overall interpersonal dynamic now apparent? Certainly not. Before that was clear to me, at the time I originally mentioned it? Not per se, but given my assumption at the time that the vote had to do with you only responding to joke elements in the thread, that your next response in the thread at all was on a joke level was what I noted.

What's so noteworthy about me continuing to be jokey though? Wouldn't it have been more noteworthy had I dropped my jovial attitude?

If there's a potential problem related to you not engaging with the game on a level outside of joking, and you continue to do so, the issue appears to grow. Now, is that scummy/alignment related even if so? Probably not enough context for me to have a solid idea at this point, but at best it's an issue of a null player playing in a way that is opaque, in response to what I thought might have been a vote related to deliberate opacity.

In post 55, RedCoyote wrote:
Sal 29 wrote:In other news, Im glad to see its an acceptable reason for you, but why are you leaving your vote on Vi (rvs vote) rather than vote Kinetic or Plum if you believe in Jul's reasoning?

The short answer is that I want more interaction to happen before moving my vote anywhere.

This was and is dumb because sitting around waiting for interaction just contributes to a stagnant game. But of course you're not the only one. Kinetic excuses himself from doing anything on a claimed basis of not being a good Day 1 player. I think the excuses are all pretty worthless.

In post 65, Quaroath wrote:Sal, I really don't like the content (or lack thereof) for your posts.... 29 has you making excuses for a pretty useless post. I doubt that you'd get modkilled just for saying it was a serious vote that demands pressure. That's just a weak excuse. Mind you I have zero clue about your meta, but it's hard to imagine saying a vote is serious as being modkillable.

So confused. So many other more useless posts here. Taking the Salamance explanation way more seriously than it was intended (???). Anyway, Quaroath, why didn't you vote Salamance in post 65? The whole post feels a little weird to me, to be honest. It's worded like a case, really, inasmuch as it's dissecting multiple posts from Salamance to demonstrate scumminess, with questions more rhetorical than inquisitive. But it tries to avoid
being
a case - no vote on Salamance, no strong suggestion that the anomalies discussed are scummy per se . . . it's odd. It's definitely content in a bulk seen little to that point in the game, but to what end? Also, while I'm here:

In post 92, Quaroath wrote:
In post 80, vezokpiraka wrote:I don't want to vote rc right now.

Who DO you want to vote? It seems like you don't want to participate at all.

Weird to ask someone who's still on his RVS vote this while you're still voting your RVS vote and no instances of you using the term "scum" yourself in your whole ISO. Like, yes, Vezok has contributed less content, I guess, but . . . not really like this.

In post 78, RedCoyote wrote:Plum: [justifies piggybacking, would also piggyback LLD]

I understand misreading this, but I never really considered following Lady Lambda's vote. Thinking something is a good vote, especially that early, is at least as much a reflection of 'I appreciate how this voter seems to be thinking' as 'this is a vote on someone I would like to vote'.

In post 120, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 117, Plum wrote:Hell is moving; moving is hell. Have internet thanks to infinitely patient husband. Back tomorrow.

Now this is definitely a joke, LLD! Plum doesn't have a husband. She was like 15 last time she was on here.

What happened to Pom, Plum? Is she doing alright?

Despite me apparently still being a young teenager in your mind, my younger sister has just completed her first year of college studies in engineering and I'm super proud.

This all said, and despite being annoyed when I initially read some of his earlier posts (like sort of thinking his question to me about whether I personally felt I was overexplaining stuff was fairly pointless), I'm currently okay on RC for the moment.

Kinetic, is anyone scummy at all to you? What would be the point of discouraging a wagon of four players in this gamestate anyway?

I made a list for myself of the players who had definitely done stuff, those who had only technically done stuff, and those who had pretty much definitely not done anything. It was pretty dispiriting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Vi »

RedCoyote. As an alternative to arguing about Mafia theory, let's work together.

Vote: Plum
(L-6)

Plum 129 wrote:The state of the game as a whole is mediocre at best, actually.
Plum 129 wrote:Now, is that scummy/alignment related even if so? Probably not enough context for me to have a solid idea at this point
Plum 129 wrote:I think the excuses are all pretty worthless.
Plum 129 wrote:So many other more useless posts here.
Plum 129 wrote:It was pretty dispiriting.
It's useless. It's *all* useless.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Juls »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Plum
-------------------------------------
Juls
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Juls please explain
To be clear: quack
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

I misrep'd RC's post when I thought he said people say RC posts too much. That one is on me. However, I still stamd by the fact that RC is off his town game here.

Problem is, I dont have concrete proof in this game to prove RC scum because it is at this point gut. A personal feeling that RC is slighty off. I have no ingame expierence with RC scum, as the only time I played with RCscum was when he was in my modded game. I noticed then that it seems RC's town posting and scum posting have a very slight difference in them. What is this difference, I couldnt tell you. But I believe it is there.

However, this isnt a game of beliefs, so lets note that:

1. RC was willing to leave a random (RVS) vote on Vi, then to vote Plum/Kinetic, even after stating that a Plum/Kinetic vote would be reasonable.

2. RC then changes said RVS vote to a serious one after Vi states a read on me, which looks like a bad vote. In the post where he states he has no motion to move his vote, it looks like he is either saying Vi is WK'ing me or Vi and I are scumbuddies, both of which arent true.

3. His latest post states he was scumvibes on Plum/Kinetic, which makes me wonder why RC felt the need to keep his vote on Vi as RVS vs. Kinetic when I stated my reasoning or Plum when Juls stated her reasoning.

And thats how I feel on it. Other places my vote could go right now would be Kinetic (who hasnt gave me a reason to call him/her town yet.) and Vezo (who is fencesitting, it took too long for him to state SK was scum, and actually vote him). SK would be a fine 4th choice as well.

Im willing to go LLD town and Juls as well.
Im not voting Plum as of now, not because I have a townread, but because I dont have a scumread on him/her.

*Insert Vi read here*
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

OK I get it, we're all legendary players, summoned from our busy lives for one more game after our glorious and memorable career, and most of us are kinda shy at launching the volleys. I understand.

These games start out slow like a graduation dance at Plum's high school.

Slowly though we gonna have to take the gloves off and drag each other into the ground and fight with our elbows in the mud...you know we do, and each of us we derive a twisted pleasure from that :)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

What is the above post supposed to be
I'm seeing it as "hey guys I know we're not doing anything but we're going to have to do something soon"
but it doesn't actually do anything
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

VOTE: ABR
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:46 pm

That's exactly what that is.

Everything thats happened so far has been inconsequential because everyone appears trigger shy and walking on eggshells, including myself.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 135, SleepyKrew wrote:What is the above post supposed to be
I'm seeing it as "hey guys I know we're not doing anything but we're going to have to do something soon"
but it doesn't actually do anything

Please compare ABRs post to Kinetics current posts.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 128, Kinetic wrote:I think I'm going to re-read everything this weekend, and see if a full read gets some of the juices flowing.

This is the only thing Kinetic has posted that I care about.

ABR scumread strengthening. Will enter confbias territory soon.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:36 pm

You can't acknowledge a confirmation bias. If you do that, you're just exposing your self-doubt.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 134, Albert B. Rampage wrote:These games start out slow like a graduation dance at Plum's high school.
okay you're seriously getting frigging creepy

also my vote on Plum is solid; get off your eggshells and get on my level
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 140, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You can't acknowledge a confirmation bias. If you do that, you're just exposing your self-doubt.

look at this obvscum
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Btw random question: Are ABR/Plum friends IRL?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 pm

I view creepy as a completely subjective projection that is a reflection of the insecurities of the person calling things creepy. Like you think in a predatory way which makes you project that onto other people. In reality, you're the one that has hidden agendas in your interactions and not me lol. I don't even think that way, I'm entertaining myself and getting into the groove for this game by speaking my mind. I'm posting for the sake of getting more comfortable posting.

It's such a white knight social justice warrior type of move to be calling things creepy like that as well. Like if I said to your mom some kinky stuff that would seem over the top for you but she's into way, way weirder, more extreme stuff than either of us initially predicted.

But I digress. I really have nothing to talk about because Vi's vote is superfluous and the vote on me is probably deserved given I can't find my flow yet. Still liking my vote where it is given the circumstances.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

In terms of the tame things you say and write to amuse yourself, what is creepy? I just don't understand that and have seen a lot of people write that in games. "Oh no, you can't say that, it's so creepy". What does that even mean?

Are you implying I'm trying to pick up married women on mafiascum? Trying to be provocative? Making veiled threats? Does anyone feel physically unsafe?

A joke is a joke, there's nothing off the table in comedy. The same thing that makes one person cringe is the thing that makes another person laugh. Think of it. Tattoos people get with typos, jokes about taboo topics like sex and religion, people slipping and falling...the same thing that someone finds embarassing is what another finds funny. I didn't say you have to find my jokes funny, I'm really just putting an extraverted energy out in the thread to counter my natural tendency to lurk and spectate. Actively creating jokes as things cross my mind, that aren't really that extravagant to me, is conducive to posting more game related content. You write random things to unblock and gain more momentum and investment in the game, that's all there is to it.

You can't just cut the creative process by denouncing someone as having bad intentions or being a source of fear or unease, especially on behalf of somebody else. Like I said, the fact that you feel that way and have the need to express yourself on it only sheds light on the way that your brain works and how you see the world. I'm going to take a note not to censor myself here hoping that more misguided accusations come flying my way.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Ignoring the bulk of that for now...
In post 145, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Actively creating jokes as things cross my mind, that aren't really that extravagant to me, is conducive to posting more game related content.

Still waiting for this.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Do you agree that posting more stuff makes you more emotionally invested in a game which makes you pay more attention and catch more things? Then we have nothing to argue about. You're trying to pick on me for having no content, and that's fair enough, but there comes a point where you are as useless as the person you are accusing of not contributing content. It's as if two players are lurking and the first one that turns on the other one for lurking suddenly has the high ground because he has a reason to vote the other. In reality, they are both doing the same thing.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 147, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you agree that posting more stuff makes you more emotionally invested in a game which makes you pay more attention and catch more things?

No.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 pm

You're picking an artificial fight with me, it's so dumb it makes me smile.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”