Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 776, Glork wrote:
In post 773, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:HI GLORK. Forget Tammy for a second.

Where do you stand on the rest of the players and why?

It should be generally apparent from my posts, but:

List from most-town to most-scum:
Frogger, GC, Laladucks
UT/ETL, RC
BobLob/Tere, Bulge
KayP, SKrew
Tammy

GC is pretty town, even though I think he's playing a bit sub-par.
RC has made up for a lot of Shadoxx's shortcomings.
Bob Lob's apparent cognitive dissonance in "independently reading" both Bella/Tammy as scum, to agreeing with her entirely on wanting me dead was terrible and yanked him firmly out of my most town group.
KayP feels manipulative as fuck still.
Laladucks is lynchbait. A god awful player, but lynchbait nonetheless.
SKrew has done nothing to make me feel better about the him/Kitty slot.
UT was pretty town and I don't really have much reason to suspect ETL is anything more than too-lazy to consider both sides of the me/Tammy situation.
Bulge is a giant who the fuck knows.
Frogger is still town, his arguments and cases have been fine.
And Tammy is scum for obvious reasons.

Let's talk about this list though.

How do you have Bulge above Kitty or KayP?

Has anything in KayP's posts this week not changed your scum read on her?

If UT is such a high scum read for you, how come you're not interacting with RC's case on him?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 675, Fro99er wrote:Ok, tammy. If you get lynched we'll need your thoughts on SKrew, Bulge, UT, ducky and RC? You haven't mentioned them much yet.

There is no way I can give an opinion on Bulge. He's not made one post that has anything to do with the game. Probably scum due to Poe though.

Skrew hasn't posted enough for me to have an opinion yet. I posted the one thing I liked about his predecessor in . Hopefully he'll do something tonight/tomorrow and I'll have a better grasp.

UT - Hard to read and the only minor things I didn't like was his comment on the nightkill and saying that Glork wouldn't be stupid enough to drive a mislynch when he absolutely would. I consider my scum game crap and I've driven a mislynch on my detractor before when they were a weaker player than me and I knew I could out argue them. I hope I'll have a decent read on ETL after seeing what she does.

RC - I suuuuuuuuuuck at reading RC. I want to call him town for his comments to the Bulge when he posted his v/la until after deadline. I want to call him town for correctly identifying and posing to the group why I would go after Glork upon replacing in. I mean Glork can say he's mislynch bait now or not as good as he used to be, but I wouldn't know that. *My* experience with Glork is 2012 Glork and no way would a scum me want to get that Glork on my bad side. Even if I knew or thought his play had deteriorated, he's still the strongest in this player list. I still need to read through his entry post and his case on UT, and just for good measure I want to quickly refer to our past two games together and see if there's anything there that can help me as the last time we were both town, I wrote the super duperist biggest wrong case on him and it took Nacho to pull me out of that tunnel.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 800, Tammy wrote:

If UT is such a high scum read for you, how come you're not interacting with RC's case on him?

ebwop: If UT is such a high *town read for you...
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by The Bulge »

jesus christ

@Marquis: please replace me

Sorry for graduating high school :roll:
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Bulge noooo
To be clear: quack
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

And God forbid you spare an hour or two somewhere in those two weeks, right?

Here's a thought, maybe if you were consumed 24/7 with your graduation... DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE GAME? Here's another thought, when you realized the graduation was taking up more of your time than you thought it otherwise would... REPLACE OUT OF THE GAME?

Granted, I'm probably taking years of frustration out on you, but the fact remains that you screwed with us. You screwed with the mod and you screwed with the people that have taken the time to commit to the game because they enjoy it.

I don't even care about me. Really, I don't. I'm a big boy that has lost a bunch of games to people like you and won my fair share of games thanks to people like you. But you took on the responsibility. And then you piss on Tammy because her posts are "so annoying". Have a little respect next time. Respect for players that replace in to games because they have a connection to the players or the mod or the site. Respect for others' time. Respect for the website. Respect for the community. And if you're not mature enough to understand why your attitude pisses me off, then all I can say is good luck out there, because there's more for you to learn, that's for sure.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I mean, goodness, I can't get your bs comment out of my head. Really, I can't. "V/LA until after the deadline... btw, stop with the walls they are annoying!".

God, I just really want to blow up in your face over that. Like, that is the true meaning of trigger warning right there. As in trigger me to throw a damn punch.

I'm sorry, I can't get over it. Everytime I look at it, it just boils my blood... that you'd have the gall to say something like that. And you don't even get it, do you? You don't really get it. You really don't see how disrespectful that is, do you?

Anyways, I'm sorry, guys. I don't mean to keep on this... just, damn. It really got to me today. Really, really did. It really got to me because he didn't even realize what he was doing, you know? That thought just came so naturally to him.

Bulge, you know, I'm sorry, in a way. I know you're young and you probably don't really fully comprehend all of this. Agh. Anyway, I need to stop talking.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I just never really got it, you know? I never got it. Just don't sign up for the game. It isn't hard. And I'm even willing to excuse it if it happens once, you know, you bite off more than you can chew and don't really understand the commitment... but I know Bulge has done this exact same thing before! And he did it again!

Anyway, sorry, I will stop. Just, ugh. Lot of pent up frustration with way more than just Mafia here, I think. Anyway, sorry. Taking a lot of crap out on this.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Glork »

So unfortunately something has come up, and I will also need to request replacement. That said, I did want to leave you guys with a few thoughts, rather than just disappearing without saying anything. Also, this has been keeping me up all night and I just need to get some stuff off my chest before I go so I can get a proper four hours of sleep.

It's funny Tammy should bring up Oldy Mafia 2, because I was actually going to bring that up myself.

This is mostly to address GC, who seemed to rapidly change his stance on me from D1 to D2. It may also serve to address Tammy's point against me that she's not seeing the same behaviors from me between that game and this one.

In Oldy 2, I defended LmL on D1, because I felt there was a bad push against him, and he wound up being lynched as scum anyway. I was then lynched D2 by an all town wagon, and a large bulk of that wagon happened because of my defense of LmL on D1. Essentially, I was lynched by eleven protown players for being wrong about one scumbag on the first day of a large game.

These types of expectations are ludicrous. They are one of the things that made the game largely unfun for me, and it's one of the reasons I hardly play mafia anymore. So to see someone like Tammy come into a game and say that I'm not living up to her expectations of me (when we have played all of, what, one game together, and we were both parts of hydrae to boot?) is something that immediately took me back to that game, where I spent most of my time trying to defend myself in a futile struggle against the inevitable. That's pretty much what I feel here, too. GC changed his tune based on the hindsight of me being wrong about BiBob, and not fitting with his expectation of how I would start D2. GC, if you are town and wind up mislynching me for that here, then shame on you. You will have shown that you have learned nothing from your obscenely high expectations of me a year ago, and that would be very unfortunate.

Secondly, to address Tammy's meta point: I feel like I already touched on something similar, but please do me a favor and take a long look at the player list from that game. Compare it to the initial player list of this game. Oldy 2 was basically a reunion game featuring many of the most prominent veteran players who were still around in 2014. I have played countless games with those players and had extensive meta to form a baseline from which I could engage with them. I had virtually NONE of that here. So yeah, there is going to be a noticeable difference in style of play because as a player with a decade of forum mafia experience, I know that I have to approach a mini game full of newer players that I'm not familiar with differently than I would a large game full of experienced and generally competent people. I was trying to point this out earlier when I was addressing why I hadn't just plunged deep into the psyches of everyone here -- because I was completely unfamiliar with nearly everyone who had signed up for this game, and I didn't have that baseline meta that I could rely on in Oldy 2.

The other game I wanted to highlight for meta purposes is my last scum game, which was actually over two years ago but I think it does a pretty good job of illustrating the difference between town-Glork and scum-Glork. In Pokemon UPick, if you look at my/MBF's post game comments, you can see that I calculated DAYS in advance how I was going to work towards and ultimately win in endgame. And all of my notable scum performances (California Trilogy 2 comes to mind) are like that. In order to make that a success, I need to be in absolute control of myself at all times. Things like getting caught up in the BiBob mislynch, or tunneling Tammy essentially 1v1 upon her replacement into the game, or even my staunch and adamant set-defense against most anyone who has even expressed doubts about me aren't really indicators of GlorkScum because those types of things distract me from my long term goal. The degree of self-defense has a distinct parallel to Oldy 2, where I also found myself on the back foot D2, and spent most of that day trying to talk my way out of a mislynch. Town Glork is often a very ego-centric Glork, whereas scum Glork is very externally focused on executing a plan, and that's no different here.

Anyway I wanted to post this more for the sake of my eventual replacement than anything else, because when I step back and look at the forest instead of the trees, I feel kind of bad for putting someone into this situation where I've stumbled my way into a potential D2 mislynch after having a sub-par D1.

I also just wanted to post my thoughts on my current approach to playing (I don't give a flying fuck about being one of the best town players anymore, and just wish to have fun playing games with cool people), and how managing others' expectations of my gameplay has been difficult for me, because while it has nothing to do with why I need to replace out (that comes from RL/external issues), no matter what happens I will be happy to corroborate this in a post-game or out-of-game setting. Several years ago I was easily one of the best mafia catchers around. I had to put an exorbitant amount of effort into doing that, and while I believe I still could if I had the time to catch up on site meta, build relationships with the current player base, and re-hone my craft, I think I still could. But at least right now, I don't care to put that kind of effort into mafia games. I just want to have fun playing them.

Best of luck and sorry for adding another replacement to the pile.

Mod: Please replace me
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

:/
Best wishes, Glork.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Welp I only ended up reading through the first eight pages. Whatever, I'll do more before deadline.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

:/

UNVOTE:

In case you are still reading. I hope everything is all right.

I referenced the games I played with you in - Team Mafia 2012 and Mafia behind the Maiden. I didn't count the Reckoning as we were both hydras and I have no clue who posted what, so that wasn't there, and you were third party to boot. I'm sorry; I didn't mean to come across like I had undue expectations of you or make it unfun. I don't care if you were wrong or didn't have it all solved; I tried to make it clear that I was looking for you analyzing the game. I understand the frustrations of expectations as I'm expected to be obviously town immediately in every game and if I'm not by page five I start to get complaints when sometimes I just can't bring the same energy to every single game.

Anyway, I'm either a big sucker or that post looks really town and now I need to go back to the drawing board. :/
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Post by Marquis »

Searching for replacements for The Bulge and Glork.
link in bio
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Glork there is a reason I haven't voted you. ;)

Still want to lynch the Bulge slot. Might be scum. Even if town, I think it semi-clears some folks.

Tomorrow is basically a new game with all these replacements.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 am

Post by Marquis »

NOT_MAFIA REPLACES THE BULGE!

METAL SONIC REPLACES GLORK!
link in bio
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:23 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

ugh
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:25 am

Post by Marquis »

(expired on 2015-06-27 20:30:00)

(Sat Jun 27 @ 8:30:00 PM EST)

VOTECOUNT 2.10
  • (2)
    Tammy
    Metal Sonic, Fro99er
    (0)
    Tere

(0)
    Fro99er

(0)
    Metal Sonic

(0)
    Green Crayons

(0)
    KayP

(0)
    SleepyKrew

(0)
    lalaladucks

(0)
    RedCoyote

(2)
    Not_Mafia
    Green Crayons, KayP
    (1)
    EspeciallyTheLies
    RedCoyote

(6)
    (NOT VOTING)
    SleepyKrew, Not_Mafia, Tere, EspeciallyTheLies, lalaladucks, Tammy

With
    alive
    , it takes
    votes
    to lynch.

Awaiting prod response from: N/A
link in bio
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Fro99er »

Myself, GC, KayP, and ducky should get a sweet jar of honeybee honey if we don't replace out by end of D2.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 am

Post by lalaladucks »

D: wow

welcome Not_Maf, you're totally mafia again this time right?

welcome Blue Hedgehog , think you're town but we'll see...

uhm so I was catching up but then I had to go and do something unexpectedly so will resume reading soon hopefully
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:06 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

HEDGEHOG IN DA HOUSE~!
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

ok but im not reading 30 pages. i should study math instead.

catch me up guys
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

ok so i replaced glork who made a super obvtown post before replacing out!

thanks glork!
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:11 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

so is my slot like obvtown or what? nobody's voting me, so thats cool

cant vote tammy

lets vote this guy

VOTE: the bulge
oopsies! haha!

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:13 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 822, Metal Sonic wrote:VOTE: the bulge

The Bulge is no longer a player in this game, and was replaced by Not_Mafia. However,
I will be counting this vote as one for Not_Mafia
as per my "no voting tricks" policy.

As always, I ask that players not intentionally abuse this rule in the future.
Last edited by Marquis on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
link in bio
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:15 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

jesus christ there are a ton of words

i need

to study