Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 199, RedCoyote wrote:
Vi 197 wrote:RedCoyote, I have an offer for you.
Sometime in the near future, I'd like to confer with you to try to sort this game out. We'd both need to be online and equipped with free time simultaneously.
Offer accepted. It's funny you bring this up now as I'm having second thoughts on Plum (see: ).
Now, or later?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sure, now is fine, but you should start as I just wrote a bunch. Especially if there's something in those last couple of posts you can springboard off of.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'll be here for an hour or two. I'm just chilling with some music and drinks.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Zik, why have you not mentioned Kinetic once in your ISO?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Vi »

Okay.

Let's first start by cutting the thread off at post 200. Anything that's posted started on page 9 doesn't count. The entire point of the lurk-and-see approach basically everyone has taken so far is to observe, not perturb; Heisenberg etc. etc. Since we're having a public conversation, people can and will try to speak in their benefit. Let's not care about that until we're done.

The first thought I had was to assume three scum and then try to split everyone up into what kind of role they've played thus far. I'm sure we're all big boys and fluffbirds and won't get hung up on things I don't say, like "there must be one scum in each group", but it's not a bad starting point for thought.

The first group's an easy one.

RedCoyote
Vi

If at some point we run out of people we think are scum, it -might- be someone in that group. Of course, I'm not just saying that as an instruction to you. Get the point?

Now, after that,

Salamence
Albert B. Rampage
Quaroath
SleepyKrew

These are the people who have been active participants and/or have tried to make cases on others. They're playing a standard active game.

Then there's...

Master Zik
vezokpiraka
Juls
Plum

...the nonentities-of-sorts. People who have posted several times, but have contributed essentially little but their votes so far. vezokpiraka will probably contest his listing here but it's
my
list so etc.

And finally there's...

Lady Lambdadelta
Jazzmyn
Kinetic

...the people who scratch zero on the everything-o-meter.

I'll also add the two wagons thus far.

RedCoyote - 4 (Master Zik, Salamence20, Juls, LLD)
Plum - 4 (Vi, Juls, RedCoyote, vezok)
It's unlikely, but possible, for any one of these wagons to be all-Town. It's even less likely that all five people in either quote are all Town (though, again, possible).

I don't have a solid scumread on anyone in the top group, the active group. I agree with everyone else that Quaroath looks Town. Everyone else frankly worries me and I think we'd all be doomed if we left the game to them. However, I'm not going to try to suss out something I don't see immediately on my first pass.

The second group is the most interesting of the bunch because it's where scum stereotypically lie. Master Zik is my current pocket scumread, because seriously look at those posts. That Town read on Plum is bollocks (nay, balderdash). I'm wary of vezokpiraka because his play ITT is several steps above what I remember it being the last time we met; however, I've nothing to hold against him. Juls has done shockingly little in this game and there's actually not much reason to believe she's not scum. Plum is more or less Juls with more posts and a lot more words; the exception is the first block of 181 which you may read as genuine Town frustration at your discretion.

As for the third group - Lady Lambdadelta is either really bored Town or really bored scum. (Just once I want to see that sinister manipulation she's so proud of~) She'll make herself an entity at some point, admittedly two or three game Days down the road. Jazzmyn is, like, the easiest target ever. Getting angry at ABR the way she did is entirely within her parameters from what I remember of her; that says nothing about her amazing ability to say as little as possible up until this point. Kinetic totally won a Scummy for impressive Town play once, gaiz. Basically, all of these would be fun people to bully around with wagons :D :D

Obviously, calling the team isn't necessary. But, on my first pass, I'd say Today's lynch should be within {Master Zik, Juls, Plum}.

Your thoughts?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

MUST.
NOT.
MAKE.
UMINEKO.
JOKE.

MUST.
NOT.
POST.
RED.
TEXT.

MUST.
NOT.
GET.
SITE.
BANNED.

(why is life so hard Vi? I wasn't abusing Red Text at all! It was everyone else who was :()
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 205, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:MUST.
NOT.
MAKE.
UMINEKO.
JOKE.

MUST.
NOT.
POST.
RED.
TEXT.

MUST.
NOT.
GET.
SITE.
BANNED.

(why is life so hard Vi? I wasn't abusing Red Text at all! It was everyone else who was :()
I really do wish that I could finish Umineko so I could grab a sprite pack without being spoiled. Battler's smirk-grin would have been ideal for that post where I voted Plum.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Anyway, let's go here for now.

Vote: ABR

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 pm

In post 206, Vi wrote:
In post 205, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:MUST.
NOT.
MAKE.
UMINEKO.
JOKE.

MUST.
NOT.
POST.
RED.
TEXT.

MUST.
NOT.
GET.
SITE.
BANNED.

I really do wish that I could finish Umineko so I could grab a sprite pack without being spoiled. Battler's smirk-grin would have been ideal for that post where I voted Plum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vi 204 wrote:Since we're having a public conversation, people can and will try to speak in their benefit. Let's not care about that until we're done.

Fair enough.

Vi 204 wrote:If at some point we run out of people we think are scum, it -might- be someone in that group. Of course, I'm not just saying that as an instruction to you. Get the point?

Honestly, no. I'm already lost. But I'll stick around for a while and we can keep dumbing it down for me until we're on the same page.

Vi 204 wrote:...the nonentities-of-sorts. People who have posted several times, but have contributed essentially little but their votes so far. vezokpiraka will probably contest his listing here but it's
my
list so etc.

I would put Zik in your third list, but I am with you so far as it pertains to the three lists and the groupings, yeah.

Vi 204 wrote:I don't have a solid scumread on anyone in the top group, the active group. I agree with everyone else that Quaroath looks Town. Everyone else frankly worries me and I think we'd all be doomed if we left the game to them. However, I'm not going to try to suss out something I don't see immediately on my first pass.

Agreed. Bearing in mind that it's early in the game. I think that's perfectly normal. You show me the first 5-10 pages of any game and I will tell you that the most active players very rarely are those that are thought of as the most scummy.

Vi 204 wrote:The second group is the most interesting of the bunch because it's where scum stereotypically lie. Master Zik is my current pocket scumread, because seriously look at those posts. That Town read on Plum is bollocks (nay, balderdash). I'm wary of vezokpiraka because his play ITT is several steps above what I remember it being the last time we met; however, I've nothing to hold against him. Juls has done shockingly little in this game and there's actually not much reason to believe she's not scum. Plum is more or less Juls with more posts and a lot more words; the exception is the first block of 181 which you may read as genuine Town frustration at your discretion.

Quick and dirty, but, frankly, I don't dispute any of this. Maybe a touch harsh on vez (I need more from him, but I wouldn't myself use the term wary ... though I can see how one reasonably could arrive there).

Vi 204 wrote:As for the third group - Lady Lambdadelta is either really bored Town or really bored scum. (Just once I want to see that sinister manipulation she's so proud of~) She'll make herself an entity at some point, admittedly two or three game Days down the road. Jazzmyn is, like, the easiest target ever. Getting angry at ABR the way she did is entirely within her parameters from what I remember of her; that says nothing about her amazing ability to say as little as possible up until this point. Kinetic totally won a Scummy for impressive Town play once, gaiz.

I don't know when I've seen LLD as a lurksack. It has been a while though, so maybe it has happened before. We have 3 or 4 games, I'd reckon. Seemingly everytime we butt heads and LLD likes to throw it all out there. I tend to agree with your characterization, however. Namely, LLD is completely unreadable at this point. If I have played with Jazz, I do not recollect. I should note, Vi, that as much as I prided myself on being able to recall players that I've played with over the years... time has finally started taking it's toll on me the past couple of years. The name looks so familiar, but I simply cannot recall anything of importance. That said, and I was blunt with you about this in the "does not exist" zone of pre-200, I'm completely cutting the "creep" back-and-forth out of my scumhunting. I'm neither giving nor subtracting townpoints from Jazz over it, for better or for worse. I'll take your word RE: Kinetic. Town Scummie recipient or not, his play thus far has stunk.

Vi 204 wrote:Obviously, calling the team isn't necessary. But, on my first pass, I'd say Today's lynch should be within {Master Zik, Juls, Plum}.

Swap Kinetic in for one of the ladies and I think you've got yourself a good group. The question for me is which lady it should be, and that is still too early for me to tell just yet.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm not unreadable~. You just need to try harder.

Maybe look at my motivations for the votes I've placed so far~.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Vi »

I don't think you were in the game I played with Jazzmyn (it predates the first game I played with you). But it looked like that.

I think I've only played games with LLD where she's lurked. :ponyshrug: Modded games are something else but etc.

If we agree, then what's left is picking one person and stepping on them in a manner most cruel. I'm not attached to having three suspects at this point and thus don't care much about swapping Kinetic in so much as adding. Do you have a preference?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

BRB, channeling my inner MoI for my counter-wall.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Vi »

please dont wall
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

If it predates our first game, then it predates me.

As to having a preference RE: 3 or 4: No, not particularly.

As to singling out one poor soul for our collective wrath... I'm conflicted about that. That sounds awfully heavy. I can say with honesty that I'm not at that place yet this game. I think our inklings are :good:, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're right.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: ugh, ignore the angel... I didn't realize that was an emoticon, lol
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP (x2): as in I literally typed in 'colon' 'good' 'colon' and hit submit
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Vi »

That's a rather curious waffle for placing a vote, especially after your post 198. Really?

I think our inklings are :good:,
:left: pro squid kid
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sal, don't wall unless you think it will help your alignment win this game. I don't want to go round and round with you unnecessarily.

Vi, did you read the bottom half of ?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Jazzmyn is, again, the easiest target ever. I don't think that talking about her at length would be difficult to do as scum.

I don't have a problem with Plum 186 but it's nothing to flip a read over IMO.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Personally Id rather have one long post than 3-4 short posts.

Again that UT modkill looming over my head is making me think I need to explain why x is scum and why z is town
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm not flipping a read over necessarily (protip: see where my vote still is), but if you're asking me where I should make this ominous "cruel step" on page 9, I'm going to be reluctant. Perhaps we're hitting a language misunderstanding, however.

Vi, you know as well as I do, there's a balance in this game between too little interaction and too much insomuch as what's effective for the town overall. It's not the same every game. It's not the same with every player/player list... but it exists. You'll never know when you've hit that balance, but you'll know when you're far from getting there and you'll know when you've passed it long ago. Unfortunately, it's damn hard to tell when you're right at it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I guess the issue for me is what differentiates the "cruel step" from where we're at right now, hm? I take it to imply, maybe not necessarily an irrevocable vote, but maybe something close.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Let me phrase things differently, then.

Master Zik. Juls. Plum. Kinetic. Please pick one, vote them if you haven't already, and start pushing them. It's time to turn this game from a playful slapfight into something like the last twenty minutes of the Blues Brothers movie. The person you pick won't -necessarily- get lynched but if it doesn't happen it'll be because something super-enlightening has happened. As for me, I think that we've seen enough of each player's deliberate actions that I'm comfortable voting out any of the three players I named.

If you don't feel comfortable choosing someone, then I'll choose with the expectation that you'll join my vote.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Actually before I get to RCisms...

Vi, why are you townreading RC. Its never explained.
Do you think we are TvT here?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”