Newbie 1613: Mafia in the Summer (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.06Drixx (3) - JumpsToConclusions, radmann9, Cthulhu Dreaming
radmann9 (2) - Aneninen, DoctorPepper

Not Voting (3) - Drixx, notscience, Bulbazoor

With 8 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, July 6, 2015, at 2:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-07-06 02:30:00).

Moderator Commentsradmann9 has been prodded.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

VOTE: Drixx
Theres a reason no one died last night and unfortunately you may have replaced into t Drixx, sorry.

The bad reads confirmed it. Anen and notsci know that it is beneficial for scum to not get a lynch on Day 1. If they were indeed the suspect, the would not have been on the wagon.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

You've been around too long to be that bad. That means you just rocketed up the probscum charts.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Aneninen »

I'll be around later.
I still think Drixx would be a bad lynch.
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:55 am

Post by radmann9 »

Well you guys were busy. Seems as though my read on juckter was correct. Going to leave my vote where it was.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Explain
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:44 am

Post by radmann9 »

Doktor did a pretty good job summarizing it up. He went after a lot of people who we pretty much has believed as town. Also he just seems really defensive. Plus the lack of kill would align with what Dok was saying. No kill because Juckter was AFK.
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:44 am

Post by radmann9 »

Sorry for short posts. I'm on my phone and on vacation. Should be back in true form tomorrow
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:39 am

Post by Cthulhu Dreaming »

In post 559, Drixx wrote:
In post 554, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:Why? Because he insists that he is?

What actions has he taken that are town indicative?

Actions speak much louder than words.

Why are you town? Because you say so? Your slot was middle of the road on day one.

Have I said so? I know *you* did. Perhaps you ought to ask the whole of the playerlist that question, since they're the ones that are town reading me.

In post 559, Drixx wrote:
What actions am I meant to have taken so far?

You could have asked questions of your scum reads, voted your top scum read, or even taken a clear stand as to the order of your reads, that sort of thing - none of those things. It doesn't appear that you're even trying to find scum.

I stopped pressuring you for the rest of yesterday up until this morning my time, to see if any of that changed. From my POV, it hansn't. I don't feel a need to continue pressuring you, my vote stays where it is until there's some significant change. Likewise, I'm going to discontinue the back and forth between you and I because further interaction doesn't seem fruitful.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 am

For the benefit of the newer players, Drixx is at L-1, one vote away from being lynched.

Nobody should hammer without stating intent and giving sufficient time for a claim, to allow Drixx to post his final thoughts and reads, and to give other people on the wagon a chance to withdraw their votes in the event that they've changed their minds about lynching him.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I have no intent to hammer. For some reason, my mind says he is genuine.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Aneninen »

Neither do I.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:55 am

Clearly then, unless notscience expresses an interest in the wagon, it'll be time to move on to other possibilities.

@Aenenien - can you elaborate on how you view Drixx's scum meta? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'd like to know what it is you see/don't see that leads you to that conclusion.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Aneninen »

Let's summarize your answers for the questions.

In post 438, Aneninen wrote:(1) If you were scum, whom would you have tried to kill last Night?(2) Why do you think the kill failed?

In post 439, Bulbazoor wrote:1- I would have killed you
2- IDEK

In post 440, radmann9 wrote:1) If I were scum, I would have tried to kill you. Try to kill off the seemingly most knowledgeable person. At least from the posts.
2) No idea what happened to the kill. Maybe the one-shot immune guy. Or the doctor blocked it. That's the only way it could have been, right?

In post 441, JumpsToConclusions wrote:
1. Strategy A: Anen or fake plants/Cthulhu because they appear the most town and have very little pressure on them.
Strategy B: Delz/Zen/Radmann because the slot has provided very little information/reads so killing this person provides very little information to the town in turn. As in, you can not go back and look at their content knowing it was from a verified town PoV because there is no content.
2. For some reason, I think the mafia did not take an action. And they did not do this strategically but more so forgot or AFK'd the entire night phase.

In post 504, Drixx wrote:If I were scum, I would have killed a lurksack slot so there would be little to no associatives with it.I have no idea why the kill failed; I lack the necessary information to make an informed guess.

Although Notscience, DrPepper and Cthulhu didn't reply, I wasn't interested in their answers.

Bulbazoor is pretty straigthforward. JTC is highly speculative: it looks like a townie pondering about the question
for the first time
. Drixx, on the other hand, clearly against speculation: he tells nothing that he doesn't know. (Yet another bit of townread on him.)

Radmann's answer stands out for me. He mentioned the 1–Shot Bulletproof and the Doctor... but totally ignored the Jailkeeper. Doctor is in Setup 2 and C, 1–Shot Bulletproof is in 3 and A. I think he had been thinking about this question before I asked it. His answer looked like an answer from a Mafia Roleblocker; he seemed to know more about the Setup than we know.

I'm unwilling to lynch Drixx until Radmann's alive.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 am

In post 588, Aneninen wrote:Radmann's answer stands out for me. He mentioned the 1–Shot Bulletproof and the Doctor... but totally ignored the Jailkeeper. Doctor is in Setup 2 and C, 1–Shot Bulletproof is in 3 and A. I think he had been thinking about this question before I asked it. His answer looked like an answer from a Mafia Roleblocker; he seemed to know more about the Setup than we know.

I completely missed this, and it's an excellent observation.

UNVOTE: Drixx
VOTE: Radmann9

assuming you mean "while" and not "until".
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:20 am

I know you aren't interested in my answers, but for the record, I would have probably killed you, DP or notscience (experience, yo) and the only speculation that I'm willing to make on the no-kill was that I think it's unlikely that it was intentional.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Thanks for getting radman.
VOTE: radmann
My main lynch target. My jucter scumread has gone away.
JumpsToConclusions
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:27 am

Post by JumpsToConclusions »

In post 588, Aneninen wrote:Radmann's answer stands out for me. He mentioned the 1–Shot Bulletproof and the Doctor... but totally ignored the Jailkeeper. Doctor is in Setup 2 and C, 1–Shot Bulletproof is in 3 and A. I think he had been thinking about this question before I asked it. His answer looked like an answer from a Mafia Roleblocker; he seemed to know more about the Setup than we know.

Sorry, I think I am missing the logic in this. Why does ignoring/not mentioning the jailkeeper make him seem more like a roleblocker/scum, given both of those are in setup A? Is he not mentioning it on purpose because you think he thinks he was jailed?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

JTC, I have done that as scum on other websites. It is pretty straightforward if you ask me. Besides, we have alot of mislynches left.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

But first claim intent to hammer. We do not want to have a potential pr killed.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 589, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:

assuming you mean "while" and not "until".

Indeed. Thanks for the fix.

In post 590, Cthulhu Dreaming wrote:I know you aren't interested in my answers, but for the record, I would have probably killed you, DP or notscience (experience, yo) and the only speculation that I'm willing to make on the no-kill was that I think it's unlikely that it was intentional.

You're not among my suspects, that's all.

In post 592, JumpsToConclusions wrote:
Sorry, I think I am missing the logic in this. Why does ignoring/not mentioning the jailkeeper make him seem more like a roleblocker/scum, given both of those are in setup A? Is he not mentioning it on purpose because you think he thinks he was jailed?

I don't think so.
I have a different opinion. He wasn't a main suspect Yesterday, so he thought the Jailkeeper (if there was any) targetted someone else. Maybe his/her main suspect. He posted that he would have killed me. If that was his Night Action, it was a correct assumption from him that the Doc had targetted me or I'd have been a Bulletproof. (Why would a Jailkeeper have targetted me?)
But, that's speculation.
I could see a townie behind the other answers but his one.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 594, Bulbazoor wrote:But first claim intent to hammer. We do not want to have a potential pr killed.

That.
JumpsToConclusions
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:01 am

In post 593, Bulbazoor wrote:JTC, I have done that as scum on other websites. It is pretty straightforward if you ask me. Besides, we have alot of mislynches left.

First off, you did not answer/explain anything regarding what I was seeking an explanation to. Everything you have said thus far in the game is pretty much jibber-ish to me and seems completely random.

@Anen, I am looking for an explanation from you regarding my previous post.

Second, you are the other non-vote on the D1 wagon and have seemed to almost get a free pass, up til now.

UNVOTE: Drixx

VOTE: Bulbazoor

You are mafia because:
In post 167, Ilhom wrote:
Lickity is weird but I really want to believe he is town. I kind of see him as a town with a weird POV on things.

-Ilhom was trying to find a way to call Lickety (his partner) town but this was all he could come up with.
-Ilhom fizzled out of the game about the time the Lickety wagon was solidified.

In post 394, Bulbazoor wrote:This is basically an autowin because we have tons of mislynches left and we are guaranteed to hit scum sometime.

In post 593, Bulbazoor wrote:JTC, I have done that as scum on other websites. It is pretty straightforward if you ask me. Besides, we have alot of mislynches left.

-You have continuously stated that we have tons of mislynches left which is a terrible way to view this and it seems you just want to assure everyone we should just vote someone.
-You really really just want to kill one of the people with suspicion on them.
This is your vote pattern thus far: Radmann»juckter(Drixx)»Radmann»No vote»Drixx(juckter)»Radmann»No vote»Radmann.
It seems as soon as the tide in town shifts against your vote, you change your vote to try to fall in line to look 'normal'.
-I have seen very few original thoughts from you, all you have done is agreed with previous posts or commented on seeing something in a different game.
JumpsToConclusions
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
JumpsToConclusions
Townie
Townie

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:03 am

In post 595, Aneninen wrote:(Why would a Jailkeeper have targetted me?)

If there is a jailkeeper, they could have targetted an almost completely unknown player slot.
Cthulhu Dreaming
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Cthulhu Dreaming
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:06 am

In post 598, JumpsToConclusions wrote:
In post 595, Aneninen wrote:(Why would a Jailkeeper have targetted me?)

If there is a jailkeeper, they could have targetted an almost completely unknown player slot.

Sure. But it's unlikely that both a hypothetical JK and the night kill target the same player on N1.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”