Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

OhGid looks scummy, but Blue Moon is looking mo bettah scummy.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Zoronos »

Would you care to vote one of those scummy posters?
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:35 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

In post 121, Radja wrote:Hi,

I finally made it here. I'm dead tired from a rough weekend though. I just thought I'd at least catch up and post something today.

Well then, some thoughts:

Boon's page 3 multiposts look pretty good to me. He's very much questioning people's behaviour, which is probably a good thing.
BlueMoon mentioning Boon is not scumhunting looks weird. He just mentioned several people acting scummy.
PointyBagel: How is Boon's play different than his usual play? You mention this, but also that you haven't seen much of his play. Looks like you aren't very sure, but still want to mention it for some reason. Why is that?
Ricastle: gut-town read. Seems to be posting exactly what I am thinking.

VOTE: PointyBagelS

The only game I have played with Boons is NY 183: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61337. (which just ended so I'm allowed to talk about it now).

In it, he was scum (mafia traitor), had an early wagon on him, and dealt with it completely differently than in this game. He's playing completely differently this game than he did in that one. That doesn't make him town, but it does make Blue's case on him BS, since he's also contradicting his scum meta.

Freaking out over a RVS wagon is not the kind of mistake I expect boons to make, so I'm inclined to believe he's trying something new this game.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 126, Zoronos wrote:Would you care to vote one of those scummy posters?

One of them, or someone else.

I want to slow things down just a tiny bit. Deadline's a long way off, so we have time to make more measured judgements. I want to make sure we lynch Scum, not low-hanging fruit.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I like both OhGod or Bluemoon for scum.

Bluemoon has been 'metadiving me' and saying I do "xxx as scum". So he brought up times where I have done "xxx as scum". What he failed to mention was that I do "xxx as town" as well. For the most part, I wouldn't do anything as scum that I wouldn't do as town, so metadiving me is really pointless. I've even stopped with the self-meta lately, because I realized with me, it is completely irrelevant. I change my gameplay pretty much every game. Not even purposefully; it's just a different game, and I'm forced to react in specific ways with other people.

@The Scumfuck that is the WackerPecker - good vote, you are now only a ScumButt.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:42 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

In post 128, Klingoncelt wrote:

I want to slow things down just a tiny bit. Deadline's a long way off, so we have time to make more measured judgements. I want to make sure we lynch Scum, not low-hanging fruit.

More votes going out is arguably an ideal way to gain information, and not voting on principle is an easy way for scum to conceal their lack of reads. I'm inclined to agree that if you find someone scummy, you should vote them.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 130, PointYBagelS wrote:

More votes going out is arguably an ideal way to gain information, and not voting on principle is an easy way for scum to conceal their lack of reads. I'm inclined to agree that if you find someone scummy, you should vote them.

He's pinging the loudest -

VOTE: BlueMoonRising
-
MiniDeathStar
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 131, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 130, PointYBagelS wrote:

Why?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Okay, really not liking that exchange.

VOTE: Klingoncelt

Unnecessary hesitation followed by immediate concession with a forced, cautious explanation for the vote. That ticks enough boxes for me.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 132, Zoronos wrote:
In post 131, Klingoncelt wrote:

Why?

His insisting that Boons is Scum based on a playstyle Boons uses as both alignments, his somewhat alpha ambiance this game... it's pretty clear that it's more about he doesn't want Boons in the game than it is scumhunting. Check his ISO, and don't forget that we're not yet 48 hours into the game.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 133, Ricastle wrote:Okay, really not liking that exchange.

VOTE: Klingoncelt

Unnecessary hesitation followed by immediate concession with a forced, cautious explanation for the vote. That ticks enough boxes for me.

What the hell are you talking about?

I don't do forced, cautious anything. Remember the last game we were in?
-
MiniDeathStar
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Well you just did. And if you're saying you don't do that as town either, then that's pretty much a concession.

I don't expect you to play the same scumgame with me after I just caught you in Apocalypse, no.
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

There's no better argument against any other players, but people are ridiculing my case.

People say I'm "making a big deal over nothing", but you could say the same thing throughout day one, and then scum would never get caught.

People say Boon's behavior is not alignment indicative, but based on that logic he should never be lynched unless there is a night action result against him.

So yeah, the case on me is horrible.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by PointYBagelS »

Why are you so dead set on relying on meta?
People can be scummy without breaking their meta. I'm simply saying that in this case a meta-read is BS.

Even if the case on you is horrible (I'm not convinced it is), you're certainly not helping yourself with that defense.
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

In post 138, PointYBagelS wrote:Why are you so dead set on relying on meta?
People can be scummy without breaking their meta. I'm simply saying that in this case a meta-read is BS.

Even if the case on you is horrible (I'm not convinced it is), you're certainly not helping yourself with that defense.

How is the meta read bs? He's done the exact same thing as scum. This is exactly what a lot of players do as scum.

"I act scummy all the time!"

"People just don't like my playstyle"

"I'm going to vote for the people actually looking for scum!"

So yeah, my case is the strongest case out there, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. If they do, I'll change my vote.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I mean, yeah...that's kind of the point. Haha. You make cases against each other. THAT's how you get people lynched. Lynch because look, his play style is scummy! That is an amateur move. You dig deep in analysis of vote counts, and associations, and perspectives at certain points of game, along with POE'ing. You don't lynch someone based on play style.

VOTE: Blue

You earned a vote because of that horrendous post. At least OhGod isn't going to be obliviously stubborn/ignorant when I push harder for his lynch.

Also, klingon's town.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 137, BlueMoonRising wrote:There's no better argument against any other players, but people are ridiculing my case.

People say I'm "making a big deal over nothing", but you could say the same thing throughout day one, and then scum would never get caught.

People say Boon's behavior is not alignment indicative, but based on that logic he should never be lynched unless there is a night action result against him.

You're the one that's making it horrible.

How often are Scum caught on Day1?

And it very much looks like you're chasing after Boon for the sake of chasing after Boon.
-
MiniDeathStar
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

@Blue - it isn't a case, because I haven't done any of that this game. In fact, I have done any of that in a long time, haha. You aren't really pushing anything.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Actually, I really only did it like that once, that I can remember. I was scum against Monkey, and he got lynched in Lylo. I don't play any game the same, because there really isn't a point to. You use strategies, and keep evolving depending on the game state. There's been games when I was the towniest guy ever and I ended up being scum. Don't use playstyle in scum hunting. That's just a rookie move.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

In post 141, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 137, BlueMoonRising wrote:There's no better argument against any other players, but people are ridiculing my case.

You're the one that's making it horrible.

How often are Scum caught on Day1?

And it very much looks like you're chasing after Boon for the sake of chasing after Boon.

Quite often. Especially if you have good scumhunters in town.

Being cautious on day 1 is what leads to scum not being caught.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 136, Ricastle wrote:Well you just did. And if you're saying you don't do that as town either, then that's pretty much a concession.

I don't expect you to play the same scumgame with me after I just caught you in Apocalypse, no.

Let me help you with that.

It's never a good look to assume intent. You aren't that great of a player that you can tell what's on my - or anyone else's mind.

And what's this "concession" crap? I didn't do it as Scum in that game and I'm not doing it as Town in this game. Don't derp.
-
MiniDeathStar
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

In post 143, Boonskiies wrote:Actually, I really only did it like that once, that I can remember. I was scum against Monkey, and he got lynched in Lylo. I don't play any game the same, because there really isn't a point to. You use strategies, and keep evolving depending on the game state. There's been games when I was the towniest guy ever and I ended up being scum. Don't use playstyle in scum hunting. That's just a rookie move.

I'm not saying it's just playstyle. I'm saying you are doing scummy things like OMGUSing and not focusing on anyone else or presenting an actual good case against anyone.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

L. You take RVS way too seriously. I am starting a new thing where I do the exact opposite of what you are implying should happen. I like to bring lightheartedness to games, so I stated a couple of games back that I would be joke claiming mason every game, messing around, and clowning, while still playing to my wincon. I hate that everyone here is so serious, and the Normal queue is especially guilty of that. There's a reason a lot of players think the Normal queue player base is annoying.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

I take finding scum seriously, and I'm not going to apologize for that. No one is stopping you from scumhunting yourself or being hyper defensive.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Sigh. He takes things and twists them. I will NEVER defend the way I play, because I don't feel it's wrong. I have gotten plenty of people saying they love the lightheartedness I bring to the game, and because of that I will continue my way. Just because you are too ignorant with a stick up your butt, and can't get over simple joking, makes your opinion/playstyle irrelevant or makes you scum. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and find you scum, because you can't be that pigheaded, can you?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”