Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by RIP »

Little over 300 posts in a game where I subbed in late and my successor had about 200 potst. Making us top 3 poster sooooo
Yea. You are wrong
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2657, LittleGumball wrote:Can scum straight-up shoot a Hider?

I would assume so.

On the other hand I can sort of see the whole crumb thing (yay for learning new terms) but like... to me that post says that he thought CDB was town.

Isn't this two conflicting statements?

In post 2668, RIP wrote:Kling please prove how what I'm doing here is similar to that other gane

How is it different?

In post 2675, Titus wrote:AA needs to be replaced. Extend the deadline please.

2nd

In post 2680, Klingoncelt wrote:A Night 4 Conditional Tracker? What the hell kind of role is that?

Why are you acting confused over his claim?

In post 2682, Klingoncelt wrote:Lynching lurkers is one thing, lynching one that's about to be replaced is something different. Something scummy.

TBF, I think scum often ignore a certain game to post elsewhere, if she is doing that then I could understand lynching her.

In post 2685, Klingoncelt wrote:Sinsun's been aggressively wrong the whole game. Why are you reading him as Town?

being wrong doesn't make one scum. You should know this by now.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:24 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 2652, Nero Cain wrote:How bad is it that RIP just town slipped...

I don't see any townslips, please explain?

In post 2659, LittleGumball wrote:ISO'd Zabing slot aka Riabi and I think that Riabi would also be a decent lynch. Mostly for tunneling Senator ...

Yeah, sorry about that... This is probably my biggest weakness in this game (mafia in general, not just this specific game). Tunneling is what I do, from me, it's alignment neutral. For an example off the top of my head, see this game... http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61563

In post 2668, RIP wrote:Kling please prove how what I'm doing here is similar to that other gane

Agreed Kling, do you mind showing a few examples maybe?

In post 2676, Sinsun1 wrote:No. AA does not need to be replaced. She has been back for 6 days and not a word. Mod has not auto-replaced her already and there's a reason for that. She probably is active in a baddie chat just not here.

I know sinsun changed his vote after this, but I don't like this post at all. Not only is this an association only case, which I've already explained that I don't like, it's based on mod interactions which is just silly. This is a bad case, and it might be scummy.

In post 2640, RIP wrote:Trying to lunch the tracker is beyond dumb and scummy

Yes, but, frankly, I don't believe your claim.

In post 2611, RIP wrote:So CBd claim to be the guy who mod mentions in my role.
Is that guy bad in the show?
I think scum want to kill a conf town in CBd, call me crazy but idk

Ok, you're crazy. I don't think we should lynch CBD either, there is STILL no case on what he himself has done that is scummy. (If anyone has one, I'd love to hear it.) But there's there's NO WAY he's conf town. Where in the WORLD did you get that idea?

Post looks pretty damning to me. It does look like RIP lied. He's definitely my strongest scum read so far.

VOTE: RIP
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:25 am

Post by Riabi »

EBWOP: Also, sorry for the delay. RL has been crazy lately.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Suzune »

In post 2701, Nero Cain wrote:

I would assume so..
no, that is. Not how a boxer works. A hider cannot be targeted by anything directly it hits the person they are hiding behind. The only way to kill a hider is to kill the person they are hiding behind. Therefore even if the hider hid behind scum they would not die unless the scum died.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:59 am

Post by davesaz »

Except that hiders are normally weak, and die if they target scum. See Hider.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Suzune »

Not the way I am used to playing but I see why it works that way.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Narninian »

I don't think we should lynch RIP no matter how wrong he is with reads.
Tracking is useful.
The extra in is for /in
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 2707, Narninian wrote:I don't think we should lynch RIP no matter how wrong he is with reads.
Tracking is useful.

*IF* he's the tracker.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 am

Post by davesaz »

The case against RIP is that the description of the claim sounds weird. He had a weird sounding fakeclaim as scum in a recently finished game. Furthermore the way he's playing, using unsubstantiated and unusually strong statements on other player's alignments without doing much quoting or other use of ingame evidence, feels very much like that same scum game.

I'd also be fine with CDB or Narn.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

That's talking about ongoing games? Merely saying she posted in a thread? Discussion about ongoing games seems to have a pretty broad term here.

Anyway, VOTE: RIP. I've been running the scenario in my head constantly. His role essentially does not come into play until baddies almost outnumber town. Now I remember a role I use to be, there was myself and another that were a unique role known as a Kill-Switch. We were not on a time and we did not know who each other were. Our win-con was to survive until Day 5 with the other one dying and then we'd kill everyone in the game and win. I made it to Day 4 and almost made it to Day 5 with lynching the other Kill-Switch. However, a town role that was super OP (he could "gift" anyone any role possible) gifted us the "lover" role and had a vig shoot the other guy effectively killing me at the same time. Which to be honest, thinking back on it was complete BS considering I did well to make it as far as I did with making things up only to be cut down by a guy who could give anyone any role in the game with no limitations.

So anyway, my point is, I made things up to survive until the day I needed to survive until. RIP's lying slips and the fact he claimed what sounds more of a useless role than a useful one is what has me on edge about his claim. He says he can only track after Day 4 ends, so he has 3 nights he could do nothing? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the lack of power roles in this game for town, it makes no sense to make what few we would have have a forced time limit on when they can use it. I mean 1-2 days, fine. But 4 whole days of not being able to use it? No, I do not buy it.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Suzune »

Thinking about this hider thing, is it not possible that the hider just hid behind the millar. The town was not sure whether or not to lynch the millar on day one, perhaps the hider figured that there was no way the millar would get night killed since the high chance the town would just lynch them. The millar is a town role, while a negative town role, still a safe spot to hide. That is something else to consider. I cannot seem to find a reference the idea that the hider hid behind CDB.

Today is day four that means if RIP is telling the truth then we should be able to see whether or not he is the tracker. If there is someone that we reasonably believe is town we can check to see if they are telling the truth based on the results they get. It would still be a gamble, but it would give us the chance to see what is happening and perchance clear up this bizarre claim. Having information is something the town does not seem to have right now, losing our potential information role is a dangerous play in my opinion.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 am

Post by LittleGumball »

The thing about RIP is, we can always lynch him later if his results come up bs.

I have a thought in mind but I don't think that I should say it because it would probably look like rolefishing. However I will say that I don't think mafia would kill Hostile, especially because of that awful fakeclaim. And Senator said he didn't try to shoot Hostile.

Also, assuming mafia wouldn't kill Hostile, someone somewhere stopped mafia night 2. Therefore, one person either blocked mafia and knows it or protected town and knows it. That's something to keep in mind.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 4.03- Up to post 2684

Accidently changed vote count but 4.04 is correct.

Mod Notes: Seeking replacement for ArcAngel9. Displaced was prodded. Day will not be extended unless we start seeing more activity.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Day ends Wednseday, July 8th, 11 PM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Titus »

I thought I unvoted.

VOTE: unvoted
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

For those wondering about RIP's other game, here's the link to his replace-in point:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p6849170

Just so you guys know, I was Scum with him, I got lynched, as did the rest of the team, RIP dragged that game out all by himself with his bullshit stories.

I'm very proud of you for that, RIP. :good:

But I still want you to swing here. Just saying.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I am displeased with how many people are saying they are okay with CDB as a lynch target - while failing to vote him.

Go check his last post and remind me again why he's not already swinging?
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Suzune »

Why you in such a hurry to end the day Thor?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2702, Riabi wrote:I don't see any townslips, please explain?

Thor already talked about it and disagreed with me. What do you think?

In post 2712, LittleGumball wrote:I don't think that I should say it because it would probably look like rolefishing.

Why are you worried about looking like a rolefisher?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2704, Suzune wrote:

I would assume so..
no, that is. Not how a boxer works. A hider cannot be targeted by anything directly it hits the person they are hiding behind. The only way to kill a hider is to kill the person they are hiding behind. Therefore even if the hider hid behind scum they would not die unless the scum died.

Hider is a weak role and dies if he hides behind scum but you are right they are untargetable so either CBD is scum or scum shot Saint.

Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 2719, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2704, Suzune wrote:

I would assume so..

Hider is a weak role and dies if he hides behind scum but you are right they are untargetable so either CBD is scum or scum shot Saint.

Scum could have also shot Max which would have been ineffective due to him hiding. But at this point there's not enough cards on the table to conclude exactly what went on. That being said, I believe CDB is scum either way and RIP's claim is so far out there that I believe him scum as well.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by RIP »

Kling, let's say I'm scum.
I want to survive and do what on day 5?

Now imagine I'm town, I survive tonight if scum don't kill me. And I get to track someone.
You guys can kill me if I don't get result or u don't like it.
Thing is you will do a favor to scum killing me.

You don't lose anything.
If scum don't waste a kill on me I'll track someone.
Reveal and then you guys can lynch me to prove my result.

Deal?
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by RIP »

Anyone like rica I voting for me is very bad, there's no reason to lynch me today. This is why I claimed.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by RIP »

Sinsun why u think I make a far out claim as scum?
My claim is simple I'm a conditional tracker. The guy I'm in the show is a perfect fit.
They think he is a spy.
I'm also friends with bashir.

And CBd claimed that, so unless they were given bashir as fake claim and put his name in my role so I vouch for him, I don't think how dumb you are to think I'll link myself to my wolf buddy.

As Kling how good I did to distance myself from her and other scum in that game she post
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by RIP »

VOTE: peregrine
Narm is getting a free pass for now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”