Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 986, pieguyn wrote:Quil is likely the partner. more or less for that town read she attempted to put up on him in her reads post () for vague reasons which in actuality I think were entirely fakeable - gut says it could be newb scum who was afraid to commit to a town read on her partner.

Mm. Maybe. But she didn't really seem all that competent and I'm not really sure newbie-scum decides to interact in that way with a partner in a game like this.

Actually, I don't really feel all that strongly that Quilford is scum outside of the fact that I (a) don't really have a town read on him and (b) don't really know where else to look at the moment. I do wanna take some time to actually go over this game and relook at how the Yuriko wagon formed over the course of the day but I lack the time to sit down and actually do this for more than an hour or two a night.

If someone else could pull up any relevant Yuriko stuff and save me the time and trouble, I'll give them a cookie.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 1196, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 974, pieguyn wrote:so Nacho

when you get a chance, talk to me about

BBM

This was largely ignored because of the claim stuff happening at the time, but did you have a scum read on bbMolla at this point?

This makes me even more think Pie is town -- this came out right after the claim and if Pie knew Yuriko was just going to immediately get smacked down by someone else (doesn't strictly matter whether it was BBMolla or not, but it does speak to picking up early game PR softs by Pie) I don't see why she would have even started down this road.

-b
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 am

I don't think that's why pieguy was asking about bbMolla and I don't get that impression at all (unless you just mean pieguy could have got away with not asking any questions? That particular line of questioning was pretty neutral, though). Also would have rathered you kept that comment to yourself for the time being, but whatever.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 1202, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I don't think that's why pieguy was asking about bbMolla and I don't get that impression at all (unless you just mean pieguy could have got away with not asking any questions? That particular line of questioning was pretty neutral, though). Also would have rathered you kept that comment to yourself for the time being, but whatever.

I mean I'll let pie answer as to what she was asking about; I don't really think I'm poisoning the well here

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

I am curious as to what your interpretation is but we can talk about it later if you want

-b
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:04 am

In post 1039, sangres wrote:When you have a weak partner in a playerlist where getting mislynches is hard, you need good credibility to force through the mislynches you need since you can't rely on town error.

How does this factor into your Quilford read, then?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:10 am

Eh, didn't realise it was already midnight. Gonna leave thoughts with Nati and finish catching up when I get home tomorrow.

-Nati
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Regfan told me he was busy last night and couldn't get to the game yet and I have The Job Interview in an hour (wish me luck!) so I will get to this after it's done.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 968, YurikoJasmine wrote:Should I claim?

In post 969, Gold Saucer wrote:yes; If you're the ff I want to know with enough time to spare to reevaluate

we've got like what, 2 days left?

-b

i cant help but wonder if this was coaching... that coupled with a possible soft-bus on her way out. saying me or saucer but especially me was scum... makes me HMMMMM
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

Or, it was me wanting to know of she was the firefighter in enough time to figure out a different lynch if she was

Like i said it was

-b
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

thanks captain obvious... i had no idea that was a possibility
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:27 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I mean if you're interested in a discourse with me about what my mindset actually was there, I am open to doing that with you if you can't figure out that I'm town from like literally every other thing that I've posted in the game.

-b
beefycheese
Phenenas
Phenenas
He
Goon
Phenenas
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Phenenas »

Vote Count 2.0

Quilford - 3 (sangres, BBmolla, Soft-spoken) L-2
Gold Saucer - 1 (Quilford) L-4

Not Voting: Gentlemen Bastards, Gold Saucer, pieguyn, Rancid Broderick Drake

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch. Deadline is July 12th, 7 PM CST. This is (expired on 2015-07-12 19:59:21) from now.
There are some who call me...Tim.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

literally everyone in the game is towntelling in some form or another so i can assume that towny content = town. probing into intent is 100% required and nobody is immune
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 1213, Soft-spoken wrote:literally everyone in the game is towntelling in some form or another so i
can't
assume that towny content = town. probing into intent is 100% required and nobody is immune

fixed
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

also, we should lynch quil today to get that out of the way. i have a nagging feeling that i was doused by quil and thus the sudden change from me being top tier towny from being top tier scummy. pushing on someone you doused is a waste of a douse... and i was near conf town from everyones perspective but quils + i tried to subtly encourage BBmolla to self his ability
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

i should really stop and reread what i write before i push submit. you know what i mean though.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

basically i can see possible scum intent in everyone but pie... so pie is probably scum but ill let pie win if pie is scum. quil is the best lynch
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by sangres »

Quilford. :/
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Sorry that I've neglected this game as of late, had my attention elsewhere but will be getting to this later tonight more than likely which includes reading Nachos big walls and town-read on Pie.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:39 pm

@Nacho -
Okay, finally had time to sit down and read through , I'm not going to go into a quoting frenzy with you so I'll try and keep my points fairly concise (I lied, it's not concise). I think points 1)/2) are fairly weak so if you want to respond mainly to 3)-6) that's fine, 3 and 6 are the main ones.

1) The logic of "While scum might feel up against it they're unlikely to take risks straight out of the gate in practice" is something I strongly disagree with; I know several of my off-site scum games where I've played in that manner and won by doing it -- I've seen similar things on and off site by others too.

2) I don't think him "breaking the mould" and joke claiming sccm is a town-tell at all, I think he felt compelled to respond to RBD's accusation and thought that covering it off as a joke would be best to do that -- it's the tone and manner he did that read very mildly scummy.

3) a) I don't disagree that it's very plausible he was holding us to a higher standard than he probably should have been and thus legitimately disliked some of our points, I can agree that him attacking our Bork read strength is slightly understandable via expecting more from us / me to know Bork.

b) I strongly disagree with your point on Yuriko here, it was never a case of "Yuriko being wrong = scum" and you you should know this and he should have too if he was reading our posts, him attempting to push it down to something like that and belittle our scum-read on Yuriko there makes a lot of sense if they're partners and he wants to de-credit us. Our (Well my) issue with Yuriko was several things A) Her spending more time on setup-discussion than scumhunting, B) Her using setup discussion to cover up for stating reads in a way that had scum-motivation and her reasoning behind "being confused" reading as fake and C) It wasn't the final stance of hers (Scum sided being wrong = scum) that I had an issue with it's the fact there was a disconnect, a contradiction in her post. In other words via her own logic she should have had X (Town sided) conclusion but picked Y (Scum sided) - which matches with the common scum-tell that I noticed back at EM that scum always pretend that town are "boned" more than they really are to seem town.

c) I also disagree that I used "strong" language when voting Pie, I can understand being annoyed and frustrated by the "online/activity" tell being used but I don't think she could have read the thread and objectively thought that our push was us being confident or attempting to mslynch him which is essentially what he's claiming to be the case then -- again this is a key point and what I want you to respond to; his reaction reads as very exaggerated because I think anyone reading the thread properly, noticing it was only page 4 and noticing that we only had 2 minuscule posts about him would have realized it wasn't a "strong" vote or an attempt lynch him but moreso just a pressure-vote, the over-reaction does have scum motivation moreso with Yuriko!Scum.

4) The point about her stating please hold being her exciting to "bury scum" is something I may have partially agreed with but for , I think him copying someone elses posts shows less him getting caught up in the heat of the moment as town and more him fabricating and drafting a scum-push to be read as town (The point Muffin had re; Pie taking quite some time to make those posts holds some weight here).

5) Find it really hard to respond to your points of "He's not capable of doing this stuff as scum and it'd require him to up his game an unbelievable level given the situation" (Take for instance his ) because I don't know him how his mind and scum game works enough to make a legitimate comment and sadly I also don't trust your ability to meta-read him convincinly too (I've gone into this before but there's very few peoples meta reads on a certain few other people that I'd actually take weight in, I've seen too many incorrect meta reads lose town games within the last year).

6) Since I think you want this to have it's own point you're essentially saying you think Pies is too much emotional-manipulation to come from scum; I don't agree, I'm not sure how used you are to EM/chat mafia ect. but the degree of emotional manipulation that's used to buddy people and seem town is extreme and it's not something I consider unfakeable at all, I'll be the first to admit it the more that I want to win a particular game as scum the further I'm willing to go to "break meta" and "use emotion to manipulate people" and I don't see why Pie would be any different, I know for instance if I drew scum in a playerlist like this my first instinct would be resignation and a lack of motivation but when that passed I'd have gone an "all or nothing" strategy to fake something that people would never consider me faking to get town-read and then try and coast of that.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:03 am

Molla, Soft and Sangres are still 100% town.

Not going to lie I did have a moment of paranoia re; Borkhydra largely due to also thinking that Borks would make sense as him encouraging her to claim FF and then pushing for a CC in , I was confident enough in Yuriko being scum and the manner she claimed to be scum that I'd have yelled for no counter-claims ahd I been online at the moment and there would be scum motivation behind Bork using Yuriko to bait out the doctor as scum but Empire pointed out he'd have likely mentioned Yuriko to do that pre-game thus not needing to do it there which is fair - the vote on Gold in was largely trolling (Empire promised me one chance to troll Tammy when I agreed to hydra though he'll deny that, bastard) but also partially because I thought it'd be very easily to confirm a read on Tammy via her reaction towards that (I think as town she'd brush it off as trolling which it mostly was and as scum she'd act a bit more panicked and worried) but Ive liked Borks reads and thoughts in enough that it's not really needed, another TownTammy post or two and I'm happy to push them back into the 100000% pool -- I think Empire still has them there though and realistically I do too but I'm selfish and want to be absolutely sure before we nail this game down.

So yeah, we're still in a Muffin/Quilford/PieGuy pool.

You know where our heads out with Pie.

Both of us strongly dislike Quilford sticking Molla in the mid tier in - I find it nearly impossible that he'd forget that Molla CC'ed doc and I can see him attempting to fake a "town-slip" to dodge the lynch here as scum, similarly dislike the vote on Gold, the lack of reasoning behind it is the most problematic since if he really thinks they're potentially scum then convincing those of us that are/were superconfident that they're town would be the move which he's not doing. I've been pushing Empire to prod and poke Quilford for reasoning behind his reads but since he's busy I'll do it. I can very much see him as scum and his reasoning of "Attempting to explore other avenues than Yuriko" in is also something I have trouble buying him doing. P much I'm slightly more confident in Pie being scum than Quilford but I very much can see Quilford being scum here; Empires described Quilfords recent play and posting specifically his interaction with Sangres in ect as 'trolling' which he thinks is much more likely to come from Scum!Quilford than town given the situation.

I still lean town on Muffin though it's not a ;rocksolid; read like I'd like it to be - I liked his push on Yuriko especially as the day progressed and liked his reaction and response to Nacho, I found myself agreeing with almost every single post of his, I've yet to have the "Thats ubertown, no chance he's scum" reaction to one of his posts though the opposite is also true, I've not seen a single red flag in his play yet and I think I'm p solid in reading him.

So yeah in summary I'm p much still in a Molla/Sangres/Soft->Gold->[Gap], Muffin are town and think Pies slightly more likely scum than Quilford -- Will admit that Quilfods recent posting is probably worse though and when I get more time (i'm still fairly devoted elsewhere atm) I'll go over the two of them again.

@Quilford
; Run me through the explanation behind your strong town read on us, your mid-tier read on Sangres (And how you forgot that Molla was the doc) and your scum-read on Gold in detail please. And I mean real detail. Also what about your posts/play should I be town-reading from an individual game perspective AND from a meta perspective (I know you've said that as scum you'd not post much but I'd argue that's kind of what you've done/are doing here).
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 1221, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:I find it nearly impossible that he'd forget that Molla CC'ed doc

Hahahaha, I totally did. Lol
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:52 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 1221, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:'trolling' which he thinks is much more likely to come from Scum!Quilford than town

Please find any given scumgame of mine in which I have ever trolled anyone
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Quilford »

Anyway I dedicated most of the day to other things (lot on my plate atm and yes I know I've been making that excuse since forever but it's no less true), I'll come here properly tomorrow or the next day but we have so much time?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”