Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

I thought it looked kinda town when I read it to, but then I remembered that I tried that same kinda thing to get whiskey jack not to shoot me in a popcorn game. But then expecto as innocent did the same thing, so I'm back and forth on it.

Sorry if I got grumpy. I'm tired. Waffles woke me up at 4:30 this morning, and I've barely slept in a week.

As far as not bring open. I feel like I've been as open as I'm able to explain. I'm having a severe block with this game. I thought Yuriko was scum but that wasn't much of a catch.

Pedit: pie needs to post more. I read pie based on how she reads people and I'm not getting much in that department. The only thing she's done is town read rbd for the reaction to the pgo claim then ask for nachos thoughts on it. I'm not used to seeing her backseat drive like that so I don't know what to do with it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

I'm currently on vacation and haven't had any time to sit down and read this game. I've very briefly skimmed though and I have an intermediate question.
@zmuffin, specifically:
objectively speaking, how strong do you think Nacho's town case on me was? I'm asking this bc I had an epiphany earlier and I need a second opinion on how someone from the outside would view the case - and afaict you still have a lot of reservations about my play here.

one thing I can point out is that I'm near 100% S-S is town based on this page (specifically the GB vote)

I should *actually* have time to catch up later tonight. if I missed anyone's posts/questions, I'll get to it then.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

:cool:
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:37 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1247, Gold Saucer wrote:What do you think of quilfords "that's cool I'll be the first confirmed town"?

I kinda liked it, but it's also the kind of post I could see myself making as scum.

I still have a pretty wobbly read there. I'm hoping that when Quil finally makes those substantive posts he's promising, I'll have a better sense of his alignment.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 1251, pieguyn wrote:objectively speaking, how strong do you think Nacho's town case on me was?

If you are referring to his point about emotional manipulation, I can understand his perpsective on that point but that level of emotional play isn't unfakeable (and usually is genuine, in the sense that it probably does come from something the player is genuinely feeling at the time). For example, I could see you saying that as scum who is genuinely feeling down about the game and you might have really been depressed if not for sangres. Emotional manipulation on that level isn't hard - I'm not sure why nacho thinks he couldn't do that. Presumably because he thinks it's a dirty tactic or something you wouldn't resort to? Or maybe because he thinks that even if you genuinely thought that, you wouldn't actually write it for some reason? Meh. I'm not even an emotional player and I've written similar things in the past (e.g. to mastin in the wire, when I felt manipulation on a personal level was necessary).

But unlike me, nacho is the kind of player who reads into emotional states and attempts to discern reads from it. I personally think it's not all that an effective way of scum hunting, but it's easily a thought process I could see nacho having.

If instead you're referring to his points about your early attack on gentlemen and other early posts in the game, then I think it's pretty weak (and probably wasn't intended as a town case, given how early in the game it was, so much as an explanation for his thought processes there earlier on). It's again something that's reasonable enough for nacho to think. But not an objectively strong case by any means.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

to be fair... there is really an effective method of scum-hunting in existence. most people think they have effective methods... or at least methods that they lean on to pacify themselves until they find intent.... but intent isn't something that can be methodically determined. i use this fact as scum to win the vast majority of my games. a good scum player will find out your methods and work around them... its shockingly simple to do.

as town, im aware of this... and mostly just poke around until i have an epiphany.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

i mean... there are methods that work for finding shit-tier scum but thats about it.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:18 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

honestly im wondering if im having some kind of mental meltdown... i keep typing is for isnt and can for cant ect.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Soft-spoken »

the method i lean on the most if i never have that epiphany is ctrl+f meta digging... to find those subtle language differences that signal a difference in game perception ... but honestly that doesnt work either if people are aware of how they are projecting themselves.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:25 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey guys, I've gotten super lax about this game, let me give it a look tonight
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by sangres »

Pie, what do you think of me townreading you based on that post?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1234, Gold Saucer wrote:if you're really in the area where you're not super fucking sure I'm town then I'm kinda at a loss.

Why? What have you done this game that's been overwhelmingly town?

Can you really not understand why I would have an extraordinarily high bar for townreading people this game?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Man Quilford sure seems town this game
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 1261, sangres wrote:
In post 1234, Gold Saucer wrote:if you're really in the area where you're not super fucking sure I'm town then I'm kinda at a loss.

Can you really not understand why I would have an extraordinarily high bar for townreading people this game?

You do realize you're pulling that same ass shit you did in hard boiled, right?
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Like you know Boris been town as fuck. You know I'll town, but you see an opening to be uncertain about us and so you're taking it.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Bork's
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Also also also this is bullshit in light of your super strong town read on pie from one post.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1264, Gold Saucer wrote:Like you know Boris been town as fuck. You know I'll town, but you see an opening to be uncertain about us and so you're taking it.

Where?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

i just realised that almost everyone is going to react the same way to being fosd.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

VOTE: sangres

He's scum.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1266, Gold Saucer wrote:

Also also also this is bullshit in light of your super strong town read on pie from one post.

Just because I have a strong town read centered around one post doesn't mean that I haven't had a high bar of townreading people.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1269, Gold Saucer wrote:VOTE: sangres

He's scum.

Because I'm challenging your slot to get more involved in the game?

>.>
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

ur both scum! eat it.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

hey guys if i was scum this game would be super easy btw
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

imo it looks like gold saucer is offended that riding on town-read laurels wont cut it

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”