Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Fro99er »

(But I'm town)
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Tere »

I might, but I have a day and then some good friends arrive from Orkney and given my feels are based on a 2 hour bingeread and a very quick read of BBT's ISO I'd rather not right now. More probably in terms of sensible contribution post weekend.

You can talk to me about where your head is at re the gamestate though!
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Tere »

What do you think of Tex?
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Fro99er »

I shall tell you where my head is at in a bit. Just got home from work

My feelings on tex have been pretty consistent if you read my ISO. Town for me
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Tere »

Why? I am worried by BBT parking on she is town and just leaving it there. It's not that anything she's said has been horribad but it's been a bit hard getting reads out of her and she's not been contributing that much. The main thrust of her energy late Day was that tool push which didn't convince me.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Tere »

Also did you legit not realise I'd subbed into this game? *glare*
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1580, Tere wrote:Also did you legit not realise I'd subbed into this game? *glare*

I did, and I'm sorry for not being as cheerful as normal. I started out pretty enthusiastic about this game, then my stupid 1v1 with plot (at least we figured each other out) and a bunch more wall-ish 1v1's made me really apathetic toward this game for a bit. I finally picked back up around the time Pers replaced in because I love playing with Pers and then I screwed that up and feel bad about that too :-(

I've had a shitty game, but that doesn't make me scum.
Heil King Froggo.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Zoronos »

I'm trying to sort through what BBT's flip tells me about Bella. He listed her as maybe scum but ignored all pushes on her, and kept trying to get me to vote Thor instead.
That's normally how I defend my scumbros when I roll mafia. "Yeah, X is scummy, but Y is scummier!" and there's always another Y. I look good if X ever dies, X looks good if I die, but I never have to actually help get rid of them. Probably best to pull the BBT-factor out and just consider actions in vacuum.

Her scum lists look bad in light of the flips. Most of her cases and votes were on townies / people that in light of flip are highly likely to be not-mafia-with-bbt: Plot, Thor, Lapsa, Abuse / Titus, me. Still thinking through her Pers read. Pers' behavior today is throwing me a bit even though I had a really towny read on Dino earlier. But BBT was trying to undermine my town read on Pers late in the day, so I'm going around in circles on that one.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Zoronos »

I was leaning scummy for Tex early on D1, but by the end I was thinking she was probably town. Not an incredibly strong read, but she was in the 'would rather not lynch' column. I haven't revisited her in light of flips.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1579, Tere wrote:Why? I am worried by BBT parking on she is town and just leaving it there. It's not that anything she's said has been horribad but it's been a bit hard getting reads out of her and she's not been contributing that much. The main thrust of her energy late Day was that tool push which didn't convince me.

I might revisit this knowing that BBT basically taunted me off of lynching her.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1579, Tere wrote:Why? I am worried by BBT parking on she is town and just leaving it there. It's not that anything she's said has been horribad but it's been a bit hard getting reads out of her and she's not been contributing that much. The main thrust of her energy late Day was that tool push which didn't convince me.

Tex hasn't been contributing much, but does that make her scummy?

I've been on Tool too, so I can't say I disagree with her case too much.

I can't speak for what BBT did, as I'm not scum.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Fro99er »

But I'm open to revisiting Tex in light of BBT's flip.
Heil King Froggo.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Zoronos »

Frog, what thinks you about Pers?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Fro99er »

I thought Pers coming in was scummy. In light of the flips I'll need to review his D1 action (and Mathdino's) and his subsequent D2 action.
Heil King Froggo.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Persivul »

Is no one else concerned about Thor?

If he's town and will really be V/LA, why not tell us the result of his investigation? He's already claimed. He's nt putting himself in danger by doing so.

OTOH, if he's scum and it was a fakeclaim, he's learned that there's another anti-town faction, so he needs to be more careful about who to proclaim as town. If he chooses the other faction, that verifies he's a rival faction to them.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I agree Thor should have immediately told us his result.
Heil King Froggo.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Tere »

I am worried about Thor's post and go, too.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Or he's waiting to see who will react? Who gets suddenly nervous when he doesn't announce his investigate.
I think Tool already called the obvious though. He probably investigated and cleared me.

The likelyhood that he's on BBT's team strikes me as quite low.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1570, Zoronos wrote:Also, whee I get to be conf town.

Huh? Was this because you thought you had found the vig?

In post 1567, Shinobi wrote:@Tool: It's because some of your points are somewhat contradictory and it seems like they're somewhat
born of confirmation bias.

It's possible, but I do try to guard against this by keeping an open mind.

In post 1567, Shinobi wrote:Your point on me sheeping and then not talking about Titus while "defending myself" from Titus don't really seem to mesh - I explained why I thought Titus was scummy and she just responded with rhetoric.

One, I don't see how your reasons for voting her are valid. She said you, frog and plot were the scum team. Why do her reads make her scum, seriously?

Two, you were pretty clearly egging her on:

In post 1350, Shinobi wrote:You're horrible.

In post 1383, Shinobi wrote:Lynch her. Not even kidding. Do it now.

In post 1402, Shinobi wrote:This is a storyline.

In post 1448, Shinobi wrote:You're getting wagoned because what you're saying makes absolutely no sense and because you got counterclaimed and got owned. Go home.

In post 1567, Shinobi wrote:I don't feel like the point you've brought up about "feeling weird" is particularly valid.

Well OK then. I disagree.

In post 1567, Shinobi wrote:I don't think Titus claiming the way she did helped matters for anyone, either.

No that part makes sense. That's pretty much the reason I voted her. But that came after you voting her because she called you, Frog and plot scum (very weak reasoning).
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Persivul »

Thor and zor - no, neither of you are conftown.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Zoronos »

That's great. "Om gosh why did Thor not tell us his result" is still not really effective scum hunting.
Based on Thor's posting, ignoring his claim and his NA results, why is he scum?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Persivul »

Why didn't he tell us his result?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Why does it make him scum for not doing so?
Because if not, then it doesn't matter.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Persivul »

I explained the reasoning above in 1589.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1589, Persivul wrote:OTOH, if he's scum and it was a fakeclaim, he's learned that there's another anti-town faction, so he needs to be more careful about who to proclaim as town. If he chooses the other faction, that verifies he's a rival faction to them.

Or he only had a minute to declare himself V/LA and had more to say than just "x is town." And he saw no reason to believe his investigation result would be lynched.

Or he got no result, which is entirely likely given that he was a claimed cop with obvious protection.

Or he hasn't even looked at his PM yet because he only had a minute to declare V/LA.

Or he's drunk.

Or something.

I just don't think a player like Thor, as scum, would be taken so off guard by the flip that he would stall instead of giving a result. Why not just think about it before posting so he could post a different fake result? For that matter, why not just claim he was blocked? That's an entirely reasonable thing for us to assume would happen to a claimed cop with another player claiming a protective role who we pretty much knew would protect the cop.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”