grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by grapes »

I mean I'll sleep on it. It's pretty late over here but I guess we could get some info. We probably wont but w/e.

I kinda want to block gaiden if that's what we're doing I guess.

But assuming scum have some kinda of delayed kill mechanic when we've only seen two kills one night...on night five, after seeing two N5 vig flips...is a pretty big stretch I think. But saying my role makes sense as scum based on that is utter bullshit and you know it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3049, grapes wrote:Yea brian I'm sure you'd love to no lynch have me not block you and 'just lynch grapes' the day after. are you fucking serious with this shit?

On what grounds would I be able to lynch you unless there's actually a delayed kill?

In post 3050, grapes wrote:But assuming scum have some kinda of delayed kill mechanic when we've only seen two kills one night...on night five, after seeing two N5 vig flips...is a pretty big stretch I think. But saying my role makes sense as scum based on that is utter bullshit and you know it.

Also, not really. It would provide viable explanations for lack of NK's on specific nights, especially if you set your claim up properly.

It's also not even something I'm concerned about, but you seem freaked out over it.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by grapes »

How am I freaking out? My swearing is par for the course and should be read in a nonchalant tone, if that's what you were getting at? Caps lock is another story.

Here's a viable explanation for the lack of NKs on any night. Scum didn't feel like killing anybody.

Also while you're here you wanna talk about your nacho and gaiden reads? Preferably something besides the whole scum in the double voters for *reasons* stuff that has been floating around lately. And even admittedly I've kinda been buying into a bit.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

"There is scum in the double voters" is an assertion that came out of nowhere and is supported by nothing. It is dumb.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3052, grapes wrote:Here's a viable explanation for the lack of NKs on any night. Scum didn't feel like killing anybody.

The delayed kill isn't even my theory. And if you've been reading my posts, I've been shooting it down.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3052, grapes wrote:Also while you're here you wanna talk about your nacho and gaiden reads? Preferably something besides the whole scum in the double voters for *reasons* stuff that has been floating around lately. And even admittedly I've kinda been buying into a bit.

I have no idea how to read Gaiden and typically read around him.

Nacho is someone I'm a tad paranoid of this game because I feel like he's just not doing all that much compared to what I expect of him. His Lala townread felt more like avoiding the wagon, and I found it interesting that when pressed on his reasons for thinking she was probably town, he didn't actually point to anything that made me think he actually felt that way. He also didn't remove his Grapes vote when he was supposedly considering that Lala could be scum. Also, his behavior here in response to my interest in no killing seems rather cooperative and I was expecting a reaction similar to yours or Toothy's in that not everything might be as it seems, or in your case, that I'm scum trying to take advantage of this opportunity and get more kills. His Notty scumread is just whatever because Notty typically makes himself pretty obvious sometimes and I even like to bus him when I'm his partner. So I'm not giving him much of any credit for that. I also think his recent lack of direction is rather uncharacteristic of him, and I'm only holding back because Toothy and I seem to be at a loss of what to do right now as well.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3047, Brian Skies wrote:If it's a delayed kill, then we're about to get two flips, yeah?

that would depend on who's scum, i suppose

In post 3047, Brian Skies wrote:So it comes back to whether you think it's a three-man scumteam or a four-man scumteam

well, the downside of there being potentially two kills tonight isn't just that we would lose if there's two scum (which i don't really think is the case so i'm not too worried about). it's that we potentially lose a lynch we would have otherwise had (e.g. 6 alive, if it's 5v1, 4v1 after a lynch goes to 2v1 lylo if there's 2 kills, whereas if we no lynch it goes to 3v1 mylo and scum are deciding who to take with them to whatever end game they want, basically)

In post 3048, Brian Skies wrote:or scum were doing what I like to do and were just hiding the fact they have this delayed kill ability from us so they can finish us off in one fell swoop (in which case, why bother tipping their hand on Night 5)

i suppose it depends on how many times it can be used and/or how smart/forward-thinking the remaining scum is - i am continually baffled by how awful some scum players actually are so i don't have any high expectations for anyone to actually play optimally as scum

it could also just be something else entirely. i am just thinking about different possibilities right now
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3053, Nachomamma8 wrote:"There is scum in the double voters" is an assertion that came out of nowhere and is supported by nothing. It is dumb.

mm, it's an idea i thought would make sense in the setup but it's not something i would put stock in as a deciding factor for a lynch

that said, thoughts on gaiden?

i've been leaving gaiden alone for the most part because i've been somewhat trusting of sakura's read on him and i could see some of the things he's done make some sense as town, but i'm in the (very slow) process of re-evaluating things at the moment

btw, if gaiden is scum and actually ends up winning this, there will be words, sakura. there. will. be. words.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

there's a very good reason i don't think nacho is scum, brian. if anyone actually thinks about it, they'll understand why it's unlikely he's scum*
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'll think about it. The Survivor game I was in just finished, so I'm a little more motivated to do some deeper analysis and a reread.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 3058, zMuffinMan wrote:there's a very good reason i don't think nacho is scum, brian. if anyone actually thinks about it, they'll understand why it's unlikely he's scum*

Why are you being cryptic
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

FakeGod, what did Katsuki's role do? Was he a cop (alignment) or a neighborhood checker (Rolecop thing)
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:42 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 3061, Oversoul wrote:
FakeGod, what did Katsuki's role do? Was he a cop (alignment) or a neighborhood checker (Rolecop thing)

Neighborhood Cop checks players for what neighborhoods they had access to.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 3055, Brian Skies wrote:
I have no idea how to read Gaiden and typically read around him.

Fair enough. Figured him being in your lynch pool you'd have at least some reason to think he's scum, though.

In post 3055, Brian Skies wrote:
Nacho is someone I'm a tad paranoid of this game because I feel like he's just not doing all that much compared to what I expect of him.

I don't think you can call BoP on the guy when I feel like, if he's town, he's been relatively proficient. Like, his push on notscience just doesn't count because notscience is easy to bus...meh.

I'll agree though his lack of direction NOW is unsettling, though.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Oversoul »

I kinda just want to trust the RB but... blarggghhhh
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3055, Brian Skies wrote:His Lala townread felt more like avoiding the wagon, and I found it interesting that when pressed on his reasons for thinking she was probably town, he didn't actually point to anything that made me think he actually felt that way.

How did my Lala town read feel like avoiding the wagon and what does that even mean? Do you really think I can't fake a town case on a townie as scum?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3055, Brian Skies wrote:He also didn't remove his Grapes vote when he was supposedly considering that Lala could be scum.

I don't even know why this is supposed to be a scumtell.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3055, Brian Skies wrote:Also, his behavior here in response to my interest in no killing seems rather cooperative and I was expecting a reaction similar to yours or Toothy's in that not everything might be as it seems, or in your case, that I'm scum trying to take advantage of this opportunity and get more kills.

This additionally makes absolutely no sense. You think it's unreasonable for me to agree with your no kill because paranoia is the only acceptable response? I lack direction. Forcing additional information via no lynching seems like a good idea.

Accusing me of uncharacteristic lack of direction when everyone else lacks direction is additionally bleh.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't really understand where you're coming from in your case. on me at all and I wonder why it's a weird paranoia that's centered on me specifically.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Grapes, I'd definitely consider Muffin over Gaiden for reblock, considering the whole fruit thing.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3060, Oversoul wrote:
In post 3058, zMuffinMan wrote:there's a very good reason i don't think nacho is scum, brian. if anyone actually thinks about it, they'll understand why it's unlikely he's scum*

Why are you being cryptic

it wasn't meant to be cryptic. it's just there was potential merit to seeing whether anyone figured it out independently without me directly telling them. but i don't think anyone actually is going back and thinking about the game in any depth at this point so ill just be a little more blunt: farside rolecop led nacho. what do you think this means about the game given there's a mechanic that allows double kills?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3069, Nachomamma8 wrote:Grapes, I'd definitely consider Muffin over Gaiden for reblock, considering the whole fruit thing.

also this isn't a bad idea from the point of view of providing more info
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Nacho has to be confirmed town then, unless 4 scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Can we just lynch Gaiden then?

I'm not convinced anyone else is scum right now and I wouldn't be surprised if the game just ends with a Gaiden lynch.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3065, Nachomamma8 wrote:How did my Lala town read feel like avoiding the wagon and what does that even mean? Do you really think I can't fake a town case on a townie as scum?

To answer the first part, the lack of anything to point towards a Lala townread. To answer the latter part, I think you're more than capable regardless of alignment.

In post 3067, Nachomamma8 wrote:This additionally makes absolutely no sense. You think it's unreasonable for me to agree with your no kill because paranoia is the only acceptable response? I lack direction. Forcing additional information via no lynching seems like a good idea.

Accusing me of uncharacteristic lack of direction when everyone else lacks direction is additionally bleh.

Fair enough. But I already said the last part at the end of my read on you.

In post 3068, Nachomamma8 wrote:on me at all and I wonder why it's a weird paranoia that's centered on me specifically.

I have no idea and it's not something I can explain.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”