Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:55 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

In post 133, StubbsKVM wrote:
In post 128, Thespio wrote:
In post 122, Akuseru wrote:Thing is, there isn't much fixation on HCL (besides thespio), and he could have let his vote remain on you as he analyzed/question/or accuse other players. Further more his actions don't dictate the rest of us, so he doesn't have to take his vote off just so WE can direct our attentions to others. I'm leaning more towards that being just the way he plays (new?).

I was right though, all talk of veegee and other lurkers/afks have been dropped while we examine HCL and accusers. Its not that im new i just see that this is the way we are shifting. Though looking at HCL's previous part game, he plays just about the same now as he did in that game, and in that game he was town. While its not a good way to play, shifting views so freely, it seems on par to his previous town play. What are your guys thoughts on the other less active players?

VOTE: VeeGee

Let's do this then?

In post 138, StubbsKVM wrote:
In post 134, stoz wrote:

Let's do this then?

Is that a policy lynch? Or are there reasons you think he is scum?

In post 136, Thespio wrote:
In post 128, Thespio wrote:
In post 122, Akuseru wrote:Thing is, there isn't much fixation on HCL (besides thespio), and he could have let his vote remain on you as he analyzed/question/or accuse other players. Further more his actions don't dictate the rest of us, so he doesn't have to take his vote off just so WE can direct our attentions to others. I'm leaning more towards that being just the way he plays (new?).

I was right though, all talk of veegee and other lurkers/afks have been dropped while we examine HCL and accusers. Its not that im new i just see that this is the way we are shifting. Though looking at HCL's previous part game, he plays just about the same now as he did in that game, and in that game he was town. While its not a good way to play, shifting views so freely, it seems on par to his previous town play. What are your guys thoughts on the other less active players?

Let's do this then?

if you want to jump to lynching thats fine but I was more wondering what your opinion on him is.

Prod Request: Veegee

There's nothing to read. Maybe some votes will get this guy talking.

How did I not explain my vote?
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Micc »

VOTE: StubbsKVM
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Micc »

In case my phone posting isn't clear...

Stubbs is scummy because he hasn't been able to explain what he was trying to accomplish by voting Vegee. The only explination I can think of is that it was a popular opinion at the time and that he wanted to blend in and look busy. All things I find scummy.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by notscience »

How is voting a lurker looking busy?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by Micc »

How isnt it?

Its a way to put a vote in play that wont raise many eyebrows. That way he looks like he is scum hunting and hopefully gets town credit.

Unless you're buying that voting newbies after they appear to have flaked is a productive way to make them post?
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Akuseru »

Micc wrote:Stubbs is scummy because he hasn't been able to explain what he was trying to accomplish by voting Vegee.

It's not that he hasn't been able to explain it. His explanation was not to your satisfaction. There's a difference.

In post 179, Micc wrote:Unless you're buying that voting newbies
after
they appear to have flaked is a productive way to make them post?

...The vote occurred
BEFORE

At the time of StubbsKVM's vote, Veegee had recently posted (he placed a vote about a couple of days ago). Not posting for two days = abandoning game? I would first think they were lurking before deciding they've left the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.8
MEAN TWEETS

HenryCabotLodge
(2): JoramvanVugt, Thespio
JoramvanVugt
(1): StubbsKVM
stoz
(1): Bulbazoor
Thespio
(1): HenryCabotLodge
Bulbazoor
(1): notscience
StubbsKVM
(1): Micc

Not Voting
(2): stoz, Akuseru

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: July 19, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-07-18 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:01 am

Post by Micc »

Uhh sure. He's dodged every follow up question I've asked in an attempt to get additional information. Its pretty clear he doesn't want to talk about it either which I don't find town.

It was 2 days and change from Veegee's last post and Stubbs's vote and 5ish days into the game. Ive modded enough newbie games to know thats going to be a replacement 75% of the time. Not that it really matters. I still can fathom why votes would make the player more likely to come post than a prod from the moderator.

Then ask yourself what makes his two days worse than my 4. Its pretty clear he voted because two other players expressed they were annoyed and he expected to be able to place an under the radar vote. **bonus: hes the first person on the wagon if it goes through**
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 182, Micc wrote:Uhh sure. He's dodged every follow up question I've asked in an attempt to get additional information. Its pretty clear he doesn't want to talk about it either which I don't find town.

Or he is honestly new and isnt sure what to say... You say you have hosted Newbie lobbies.

It was 2 days and change from Veegee's last post and Stubbs's vote and 5ish days into the game. Ive modded enough newbie games to know thats going to be a replacement 75% of the time. Not that it really matters. I still can fathom why votes would make the player more likely to come post than a prod from the moderator.

This is why I didnt vote Veegee, he seemed afk and his profile was inactive.

Then ask yourself what makes his two days worse than my 4. Its pretty clear he voted because two other players expressed they were annoyed and he expected to be able to place an under the radar vote. **bonus: hes the first person on the wagon if it goes through**

This is true, and an interesting thought, but we could say the same thing about you, who knows newbies, and yet is badgering (profile pic :p) someone into submission, even though you understand they are new.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Micc »

Stubbs is designated as a SE so he is by definition not a newbie. Not that it really matters - my job isnt to take it easy on newbies, its to be an example of what typical play on this site is like. I'm not going to treat anyone different based on their experience level. If you think my level of badgering for information and answers has been too much then forum mafia probably isnt the game for you.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Thespio »

Its sad you are so obtrusive, Honestly dealing with you isnt worth the trouble, set an example if needs be, but doing so by showing that bullying anyone who questions you looks like you are trying really hard to appear town. Rather then questioning my ability or want to play this game we should probably look at how you have played, you prod dodged until you were called out, once called out you immediately began badgering everyone. If you think its stubbs why haven't you voted him?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Micc »

If you think those things make me scum then place a vote. I'll ask you to provide examples of bullying and to explain why those things are more likely to come from scum. Then other players will comment and form opinions and reads and we will actually be progressing in this game. Id welcome that because this game feels really stand still since i started keeping up.

Also...
In post 176, Micc wrote:VOTE: StubbsKVM
In post 177, Micc wrote:In case my phone posting isn't clear...

Stubbs is scummy because he hasn't been able to explain what he was trying to accomplish by voting Vegee. The only explination I can think of is that it was a popular opinion at the time and that he wanted to blend in and look busy. All things I find scummy.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 182, Micc wrote:Then ask yourself what makes his two days worse than my 4.

One could argue that he chose Veegee over you because he found him more suspicious. However, StubbsKVM said it himself, he wasn't scum reading the slot (and if he was scum reading at the time of the vote, instead of just quotes implying that the vote was to prompt Veegee into posting, he would have also added the fact that he was scum reading Veegee at the time...but he didn't).
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:56 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Really? My post literally says "maybe some votes will get this guy talking".
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:15 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Anyway, this entire thing is just not going anywhere and is not moving this game forward. So I'm moving on. Fortunately, I don't need Micc's approval to play my own way.

Joram, are you going to start playing the game or are you going to keep providing 0 content throughout this entire game?(yes Micc, I checked when he last visited this time, so I don't get yelled at again)

Akuseru, do you have any scumreads?

HCL, where are you??
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 189, StubbsKVM wrote:Akuseru, do you have any scumreads?

I do.

I understand you want to move on, but when will you address Micc's accusation?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Thespio »

Lets do both @ the same time, Stubbs answer Micc's Q.

Akuseru pls post scum reads.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I am wondering, why is stubbs asking for reads while her own reads are based on noob plays?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Thespio »

yea the fact joram is on but not posting is a sign that joram is lurking really hardcore...
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Micc's accusation is that I've not explained my vote. I have quoted my reasoning. I don't really see the point in having this discussion over and over again.

I don't see any question I've missed, which one are you talking about, Thespio?

Next:

Bulbazoor: I am "he". Thanks. Do you consider not answering questions "noob plays"? Why?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 194, StubbsKVM wrote:I don't see any question I've missed, which one are you talking about, Thespio?

NVM I see where u answered it, sorry, why are you all still drilling him? It seems like he has reasoning behind his vote, pressure to cause a statement from veegee, what about that is inadequate?

Are we gonna ignore the fact that Akuseru says he has reads but wont post them...?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Micc »

In post 188, StubbsKVM wrote:

Really? My post literally says "maybe some votes will get this guy talking".

And yet my different attempts to understand why you thought a vote on a player who wasn't posting was any more likely to make them post than a prod from the moderator.

Ill concede that I misworded my accusation in post 177, but its still plain and present in 174, and again in 182. But I think my point still stands. The reasoning you keep using to justify the vote provides no benefit to the town. At the same time it has benefits to you if youre scum. That's why I think you are scummy.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Micc »

and yeah akuseru should share scum reads and place a vote.

Henry, stoz, Jordan all within prod range or will be soon. No wonder this game feels like it has only four players in it.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

Note: I treat weekends as one day for prod purposes.

Any needed prods will go out in about 5 hours.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:28 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

my vote was on VeeGee before he was even prodded... So I'm not allowed to vote anyone for posting no content, unless he has posted within the last 24 hours. Is that what you're saying?
This argument is ridiculous.

Akuseru, who are your scumreads and why?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”