Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Profgessor Emotion »

Sure. I"m scum, and I'm white knighting Cabd.
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 am

After Trying to push his mislynch
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

You're falling apart under scrutiny here.
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

Varsoon-san please stop harassing Emotion-sensei with your scummy lies :(
Emotion-sensei gave you their reasons, you're just looking for any way to attack them now!
On other news, i didn't like Constantine-san voting their townread!
Nacho-san's scum too, his weird vote switch from Varsoon-san looks like they are buddies.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

No, Profgressor failed to give me a substantial reason for their read. I'm gonna drill them for it, and I'm gonna do it as much as I like.

But, yup, you got me, I finally got my dream wish of rolling scum with Nacho and this was how we decided to roll our D1!
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am

VOTE: Varsoon

NACHO
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:02 am

And no, I don't have any game links I can give because this is a recent thing and we both are going through playstyle changes but what doesn't change is personality. You also can't say without lying that, there is no motivation for people to withhold something they think is legit and still use it because literally everyone here probably has one of those things on someone else.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, good call with that vote, Profgessor. I call you out on your rubbish, you try to light a fire under me to rekindle the Varsoon wagon, and when I get mislynched you can blame it all on me giving you a hard time.

Try harder.

I
can
say that I will always share my reasons for reading a player the way I do. Withholding info is petty, elitist, scum-enabling, and anti-town. You're not a good enough player to win off of whatever rubbish info you're holding back, no matter what. Sorry, not sorry.
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:05 am

In post 998, Varsoon wrote:Fantastic, but how do you know that you're not being manipulated into thinking he's not being manipulative here?
Oho.

May have been possible, but there is generally a sign of that in someway, but there isn't.
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am

In post 1008, Varsoon wrote:Withholding info is petty,

HAH
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am

I'll claim a power role right off the bat next time I roll one then, since that's the case.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 990, Profgessor Emotion wrote:And as far as this game is concerned, I am probably the one here who can read him the best. I am the one who's played with him multiple times, and I'm the one who's witnessed his habits regarding posting and such. I think Virtue of that alone should be pretty much enough to invalidate any reason anyone else may have for cabd-scum

Knowing someone best doesn't mean you can read them the best. For example, your position on Cabd's recent posts are good because they aren't manipulative, but before they were good because they were good content. 1) They weren't good content, the things he said in his town read wall were not particularly revolutionary and I am not happy he didn't respond to my case in any capacity whatsoever.
2) The reason they weren't manipulative is because Cabd hasn't been around. Cabd is lurking because he doesn't have time, not because of this reason or that reason.
3) You are inclined to read Cabd as town because you like him as a person. You do not know Cabd as intimately as a mafia player as others do (and knowing someone as a mafia player is more important: you know me well as a person and can read me at least somewhat, but you don't know me well as a mafia player and this can't read me well in games). It's not fair for you to expect everyone to follow you because you know Cabd well because that's not how this works and its not a reasonable expectation because you don't very easily follow people just because. It wears down in peoples trust in you and is immensely frustrating.

Vote: Chandra Nalaar

Maybe I'd vote Voided as well, probably not. I agree that his vote in me was sensationalist, I don't understand why he is townreading me, but I did like his misplaced pride in getting me to post content.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Varsoon, with me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 am

and my info is not rubbish
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

My bad, I should've qualified that statement; It's petty, elitist, scum-enabling, and anti-town to withhold info that can help find scum. Simply having a PR is nothing like having legitimate reasons for a read. Good try to derail the convo/point.

Eyy, I'm also scumreading Chandra.
VOTE: Chandra Nalaar
I wanna see how far this rabbit-hole goes.

P-EDIT:
How did you knoooooow?
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:19 am

In post 1012, Nachomamma8 wrote:2) The reason they weren't manipulative is because Cabd hasn't been around. Cabd is lurking because he doesn't have time, not because of this reason or that reason.
3) You are inclined to read Cabd as town because you like him as a person. You do not know Cabd as intimately as a mafia player as others do (and knowing someone as a mafia player is more important: you know me well as a person and can read me at least somewhat, but you don't know me well as a mafia player and this can't read me well in games).

It would still partially be there, to some extent and his thought process's probably wouldn't seem as sporadic.

and me liking him as a person has no bearing on how I read him in mafia. I'm more inclined to give him time to participate, then not but I'm not inclined to read him as town just because he's cabd for the same reason I'm not inclined to read you as town just because you're nacho.

And maybe not as intimately as others do, but I know enough to get a solid read off him via meta more at least somewhat realiably

It also doesn't give varsoon the right to attack me as a player
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1013, Nachomamma8 wrote:Varsoon, with me.

In post 1015, Varsoon wrote:My bad, I should've qualified that statement; It's petty, elitist, scum-enabling, and anti-town to withhold info that can help find scum. Simply having a PR is nothing like having legitimate reasons for a read. Good try to derail the convo/point.

Eyy, I'm also scumreading Chandra.
VOTE: Chandra Nalaar
I wanna see how far this rabbit-hole goes.

P-EDIT:
How did you knoooooow?

See! Scumbuddies i told you!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm assaulting your logic in this game. Don't misrepresent my play as an attack on you. I'm sure you're a fine person independent of this game.

P-EDIT:
Hey, Kuro, join the Chandra wagon. It's good stuff.
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 am

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1018, Varsoon wrote:Hey, Kuro, join the Chandra wagon. It's good stuff.

Sorry ^_^ I'm too busy voting your scumbuddy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

You won't get a lynch on him anytime soon, though.
See, if you sheep out this Chandra thing and it goes tits up with a town flip, you can then be all AHA! This wagon WAS scum-lead!
And then maybe you can levy a lynch out on Nacho. Or me, probably.
Profgessor Emotion
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Profgessor Emotion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:25 am

V/LA until monday

I need to not be here for a couple days
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1020, Varsoon wrote:You won't get a lynch on him anytime soon, though.
See, if you sheep out this Chandra thing and it goes tits up with a town flip, you can then be all AHA! This wagon WAS scum-lead!
And then maybe you can levy a lynch out on Nacho. Or me, probably.

Becuase it's being pushed by scum and i don't like it :(
And i don't care if i don't get a lynch on either of you anytime soon. But your time will soon come ^_^
Tee-heehee
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

But Kuro! If you don't get us lynched, then scum win!
Play your damn wincon!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1016, Profgessor Emotion wrote:It would still partially be there, to some extent and his thought process's probably wouldn't seem as sporadic.

Maybe. Or, he just doesn't have time. Calling his thought processes sporadic implies they've been all over the place, and that's blatantly false: he's held onto the lufan read for far too long and the only read that changed was the read on you and God knows why it did. If you're telling me Cabd wouldn't scum read you then town read you as scum, I would need reasons why.
In post 1016, Profgessor Emotion wrote:and me liking him as a person has no bearing on how I read him in mafia.

You cannot tell me whether you have bias in making a read or not. Bias is something we are very often not aware of.

In post 1016, Profgessor Emotion wrote:And maybe not as intimately as others do, but I know enough to get a solid read off him via meta more at least somewhat realiably

That doesn't give you the right to invalidate everyone else's read on him, which is what you tried to do.

In post 1016, Profgessor Emotion wrote:It also doesn't give varsoon the right to attack me as a player

He explained issues he had with the way you're defending him. Not all of his issues were valid, but none of them were ill intentioned.

You're taking him arguing with you to heart, which is something you straight up can't do when you're playing mafia. If your explanations aren't clear, people will disagree with you. When your explanations are strong and correct, people will disagree with you. When you don't explain anything at all, people will disagree with you. And people will disagree with you for a wide, wide variety of reasons and in a wide, wide variety of ways. This is the nature of the game. If you can't separate yourself from your arguments, then stop playing because its not good for your personal health.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”