StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:54 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

VOTE: Woody Woodpecker

Hi everybody!

Khan can be town.
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 75, StubbsKVM wrote:VOTE: Woody Woodpecker

Hi everybody!

Khan can be town.

I'll say this often.

Why?
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Shazam »

In post 69, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 67, Shazam wrote:
In post 64, MarioManiac4 wrote:Yes, but 3 votes had already been placed on Implosion. I think he should have been trying to find another possible scum at that point.

Scummiest thing yet. Not only are you wrong about how many votes were on implosion, but what townie would suggest that we need to find two scum before putting pressure on one? Definitely seeing a Mario/Implosion team as a possibility.

If spawn was the 3rd vote, then I retract what I said :oops:
3 is not actually bad and we can keep this on Implosion.
And I was thinking that we already had 4 votes on Implosion. What's more, it is good to have pressure on more than one player, as otherwise if we're wrong we have nothing to fall on. And I don't like how you said that being wrong is scummy.

Being wrong in a way that diverts attention from someone else is scummy. But only if that someone else is scum themselves. Hence no vote on you.

I like Kublai's reasoning. VOTE: GrayFoxxxx
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:30 am

Post by WoodyWoodpecker »

In post 74, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 57, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 53, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 47, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 45, Kublai Khan wrote:VOTE: GrayFoxxxx
Scum found.

And how do you know this?

His vote was deliberately not random.

And that makes him scum because...?

Think about it. Random voting is done to elicit some reactions and voting is done based on what reactions seem dishonest. GrayFoxxxx's vote was the opposite. He votes in a way that says "hey, don't be upset, I'm just random voting because I have to. Don't take it personally, the choice is out of my hands."

He's not looking to generate a reaction. He's looking to avoid one.

Therefore scum.

You missed my post obviously cause I pointed out he wasn't the only one, I don't even think he was the first to vote without a random reason so why is he scum and not the others?
Hey, keep your eyes up top ok? Don't look down here you pervert.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:45 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 73, Necessary Evil wrote:
WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 70, Necessary Evil wrote:This idea that we need multiple suspects is awfully strange.

Hi, have you played mafia before?

Yes. Something the timing seems strange, especially since he is still voting for Implosion.

You seem to be unable to realise someone can have more than one scumread. In this setup, there is likely three mafia. I don't see why I can't suspect more than one person.

In post 60, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 51, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 49, implosion wrote:
Unvote

VOTE: GrayFoxxxx
I wanted to do this earlier but there was no one else voting him so it wasn't really worth it. Thank you, KK.

Yeah I
Dont like this. Town doesn't need cover for a vote.

VOTE: implosion

I don't paticularly like this vote from Dragonspawn. It seems rather oppurtunistic with a wagon on Implosion starting.

What makes you think dragonspawn's vote was opportunistic? He gave a fine reason for it, I think. Further, why are you voting Implosion when the first suspicion you have is towards dragonspawn?

In post 71, MarioManiac4 wrote:Is that RVS?
If not, then since when have we only had one suspect on D1?
We do not have to lynch every suspect.

I think we're better off focusing on one at a time. It creates more pressure and keeps the town from becoming splintered. However, I am not necessarily opposed to having multiple suspects at a time. What you specifically suggested seemed suspicious to me so I am investigating you.[/quote]

If everyone agrees on one person, that's a bad sign, as that means mafia are content with the lynch.
We are better off with everyone grilling their scumread, like you are doing with me right now.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:48 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 74, Kublai Khan wrote:He votes in a way that says "hey, don't be upset, I'm just random voting because I have to. Don't take it personally, the choice is out of my hands."

Therefore scum.

No, you say that, not my vote.

Also, there are better ways to avoid reactions. Your analysis is false.
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Shazam »

In post 79, MarioManiac4 wrote:

If everyone agrees on one person, that's a bad sign, as that means mafia are content with the lynch.
We are better off with everyone grilling their scumread, like you are doing with me right now.

So you're admitting that town gains information if we all agree on one person. But you also don't want us to do it.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:54 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 70, Necessary Evil wrote:This idea that we need multiple suspects is awfully strange.

Yes. Something the timing seems strange, especially since he is still voting for Implosion.

You seem to be unable to realise someone can have more than one scumread. In this setup, there is likely three mafia. I don't see why I can't suspect more than one person.

Unvote

I wanted to do this earlier but there was no one else voting him so it wasn't really worth it. Thank you, KK.

Yeah I

I don't paticularly like this vote from Dragonspawn. It seems rather oppurtunistic with a wagon on Implosion starting.

What makes you think dragonspawn's vote was opportunistic? He gave a fine reason for it, I think. Further, why are you voting Implosion when the first suspicion you have is towards dragonspawn?

I think we're better off focusing on one at a time. It creates more pressure and keeps the town from becoming splintered. However, I am not necessarily opposed to having multiple suspects at a time. What you specifically suggested seemed suspicious to me so I am investigating you.

We are better off with everyone grilling their scumread, like you are doing with me right now.[/quote]
And yet your vote remains on the target of the one that you are scum reading...

You are doing a bit of damage control and essentially nothing else.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:48 am

Post by dragonspawn »

WoodyWoodpecker wrote:

Unvote

Yeah I

I think we're better off focusing on one at a time. It creates more pressure and keeps the town from becoming splintered. However, I am not necessarily opposed to having multiple suspects at a time. What you specifically suggested seemed suspicious to me so I am investigating you.

We are better off with everyone grilling their scumread, like you are doing with me right now.[/quote]

Where I everyone agreeing with lynching anyone at this point?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:48 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Is not I.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Boonskiies »

FoS: Wackpecker

I actually like my RVS vote on Mario, and not only because I may hold a bias grudge. His few posts already seemed to come from his scum thought process from last game. Pointless fluff, targeting an easy target. He'll probably attempt an obvious bus soon, but not follow through with it at all.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Necessary Evil
Necessary Evil
Goon
Necessary Evil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Necessary Evil »

MarioManiac4: You didn't answer my question. Why are you voting Implosion and not dragonspawn when dragonspawn was your first real suspicion and you believe there should be fewer votes on Implosion?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 74, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 57, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 53, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 47, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 45, Kublai Khan wrote:VOTE: GrayFoxxxx
Scum found.

And how do you know this?

His vote was deliberately not random.

And that makes him scum because...?

Think about it. Random voting is done to elicit some reactions and voting is done based on what reactions seem dishonest. GrayFoxxxx's vote was the opposite. He votes in a way that says "hey, don't be upset, I'm just random voting because I have to. Don't take it personally, the choice is out of my hands."

Therefore scum.

I actually really like this.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:36 am

In post 85, Boonskiies wrote:FoS: Wackpecker

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 am

Post by implosion »

People discussing my vote wrote:RVS literally requires no reason and D1 requires only a weak one.

Yeah I Dont like this. Town doesn't need cover for a vote.

Switching from a singleton vote to another person with no votes on them seems rather pointless when the aim is to get the game moving and start seeing how people react to votes. I wanted to vote for GrayFoxxxx, but there wasn't much point in it and I didn't particularly like any other votes I saw.

My reasoning is similar to Khan's. Overjustified RVS votes are scummy, although this was a minor case.

Another miscellaneous thing: Khan's vote/reasoning is not a towntell. Reasoning is reasoning, it's the kind of thing that will be done as either town or scum.

Gray wrote:Also, there are better ways to avoid reactions. Your analysis is false.

For me at least, it's not about actively avoiding reactions. It's more of a subconscious thing.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:50 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 89, implosion wrote:For me at least, it's not about actively avoiding reactions. It's more of a subconscious thing.

You subconsciously think I'm scum?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:58 am

Post by implosion »

In post 90, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 89, implosion wrote:For me at least, it's not about actively avoiding reactions. It's more of a subconscious thing.

No, I'm saying that scum will subconsciously do things like overjustifying RVS votes because they want to avoid being conspicuous. Hence there being other ways to avoid reactions is irrelevant. But I also somewhat like post 80, so.

Unvote

VOTE: Necessary Evil
Necessary Evil voted for Mario for doing something "strange", without equating strange with scummy. When questioned on it he once again called it strange. I'd like a better explanation of why strange in this case equates to scummy.

Good candidates for town so far are dragonspawn and Woody, and maybe Shazam. Boonskiies also might be scum.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 pm

In post 87, Boonskiies wrote:I actually really like this.

Why?

And again since nobody else is addressing it, why is it bad that he did it but not anyone else? Shazam didn't rvs vote.

Plus I've seen town vote using random.org and even tilling dice before, not using a rvs isn't really that scummy. Usually it's scum who try to twist the situation...
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 91, implosion wrote:
In post 90, GrayFoxxxx wrote:

No, I'm saying that scum will subconsciously do things like overjustifying RVS votes because they want to avoid being conspicuous. Hence there being other ways to avoid reactions is irrelevant.

I see what you meant now. The subject of ways to get reactions is relevant. It was part of his reasoning. But w.e semantics aside.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 92, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 87, Boonskiies wrote:I actually really like this.

Why?

And again since nobody else is addressing it, why is it bad that he did it but not anyone else? Shazam didn't rvs vote.

Plus I've seen town vote using random.org and even tilling dice before, not using a rvs isn't really that scummy. Usually it's scum who try to twist the situation...

Maybe because my vote is on him. Sort of a slight OMGUS?

I feel like Kublai isn't 100 percent in his vote and is just utilizing it. Maybe not idk. But implosion seems more scummy for just sheeping him.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by implosion »

I wasn't sheeping KK, I just didn't have enough of an inclination to vote for you before I saw that it would make a wagon. Obviously I could be lying about that if I'm scum but that would be a bit silly, no?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I don't really feel the need to explain why I liked a post? It's pretty self-explanatory if you read his post.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 pm

In post 96, Boonskiies wrote:I don't really feel the need to explain why I liked a post? It's pretty self-explanatory if you read his post.

When its not even accurate, yeah you sort of do
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 95, implosion wrote:I wasn't sheeping KK, I just didn't have enough of an inclination to vote for you before I saw that it would make a wagon.

But you said

In post 89, implosion wrote:I wanted to vote for GrayFoxxxx.

My reasoning is similar to Khan's.

Unvote

So you did or didn't want to vote me before Kahn did? Youre flip flopping.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 97, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 96, Boonskiies wrote:I don't really feel the need to explain why I liked a post? It's pretty self-explanatory if you read his post.

When its not even accurate, yeah you sort of do

eh, it's accurate. I don't care enough to explain it, to be honest. it was just one post. Usually when someone just says "I like this post", it means they agree with what was said. Have some common sense.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”