zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3173, SXTLHGaiden wrote:ok, i have an odd question, does anyone here doubt that if NS neighborized someone, then he must have vanillaized the person as well?

that seems most likely given the wording of the role

In post 3174, SXTLHGaiden wrote:The next logical question to ask is, "Does anyone doubt that katsuki would be a rational actor in this game?"

well, presumably cupcake would have got a negative result if he investigated brian (except N1), which doesn't say much at all if the neighbourhood ability only lasted a single night like brian claims

besides which, if you type irrational into google, it says "
Did you mean:
Katsuki
?"
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

but do you think that he would have double checked the night ns was lynched?
he might given the nature of the neighborhood
Also, his role was "Named Neighborhood cop" so, my interpretation, is that it checks to see if the person had a named neighborhood. and brian said that his neighborhood had a name.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i assume named is because he was nightingale but regardless, brian wouldn't have been in a neighbourhood after n1 so it doesn't make much difference
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

@mod: would neighborhood cop check if the target ever had a neighborhood?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3170, zMuffinMan wrote:I mean, that seems kind of obvious, though. The possibilities have always been that he either used it once because he either couldn't or didn't want to use it again (which is understandable since a link would have been drawn eventually) or that he never used it to begin with (which imo would actually be the smarter option - tbh if I were scum with noddy I would have told him to either not use it til later in the game if necessary or claim it as negative utility D1 and have town direct it for maximum town cred)

I'm disappointed by your lack of creativity (and I guess mostly Notty's since he's the one who actually had the role). He could have always held onto it and vanillarized NK targets like Grapes. Also, setting himself as a negative utility power role would have put him in a counterclaim scenario with our roleblocker, although it can be argued that he wouldn't have had that knowledge had he chosen to do so.

In post 3172, zMuffinMan wrote:I don't really get why they used it n1 on a d5 role and then never again either

He probably vanillarized me because I was blatantly claiming a D5 power role and then chickened out after I started telling everyone I was vanillarized and that there was no way the vanillarizer was town. So if I were him, I'd avoid doing anything that would potentially out me as the vanillarizer, which goes back towards vanillarizing NK targets (which is a pretty moot point by now anyway).

In post 3172, zMuffinMan wrote:Which was part of the reason I was paranoid about Brian earlier in the game

You were? I must have missed this.

In post 3175, zMuffinMan wrote:well, presumably cupcake would have got a negative result if he investigated brian (except N1), which doesn't say much at all if the neighbourhood ability only lasted a single night like brian claims

I don't know how his role is supposed to work as far as my neighborhood is concerned. But my neighborhood does indeed have a name (although I'm not sure if the N1 part is supposed to be included in the official title). And if anything was out of place as far as my claimed neighborhood is concerned, Cupcake had all of Day 3, 4, and 5 to say something. I want to say it's the same thing as the way we're treating Nacho, except we have no idea who Cupcake checked each night.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 3178, SXTLHGaiden wrote:

It only checks at the moment.

For example, if a player who previously had access to a neighborhood had lost the access for whatever reason and was unable to open the neighborhood PT any more, then the neighborhood cop investigating that player would come up negative.
Last edited by FakeGod on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3180, FakeGod wrote:

How inelegant.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 3180, FakeGod wrote:

For example, if a player who previously had access to a neighborhood had lost the access for whatever reason and was unable to open the neighborhood PT any more, then the neighborhood cop investigating that player would come up negative.

Clarify: Does unable to open mean that they cannot view the neighborhood anymore? Or does it mean that once they become unable to post in it?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by FakeGod »

If a player can open the PT, then he/she has access.

Yes, unable to open is same as unable to view.

PT being locked or not have nothing to do with someone's access.
Last edited by FakeGod on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Ok brian, do you still have access to the neighborhood pt?
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

also brian, would you also mind unvoting me for a bit?
i actually have a point to the stuff i am saying.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3184, SXTLHGaiden wrote:Ok brian, do you still have access to the neighborhood pt?

If I didn't still have access to neighborhood QT, how could I answer the previous questions regarding my neighborhood?

Spoiler:
In post 2795, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2766, Mac wrote:what did you guys talk about in the neighborhood?

MelancholyMath
: The gif I posted was actually a crumb.
MelancholyMath
: I had a neighborizor in Corpse party and wanted to go the subtle route here.
Brian
: Is there anything about your role I should know about?
Brian
: Sorry for the late response. I wasn't expecting to be neighborized. I wasn't lying about my role.
Brian
: Well, I lied about part of it, but I retracted it. Why neighborize me over someone else? Not sure what you mean by crumb and your role deviates from what I expect from the setup, but it is a FakeGod setup. I think Toothy, Bork, and Mac are town but will have to look through the game again. How do you feel about Nacho scumreading you?
Brian
: Are you going to be available later or just blame me for wasting half the time we had to talk to each other?
MelancholyMath
: No? I'll explain more about my crumb later. I initally planned on targeting Sakura before she replaced out. I think I want to look at the Nati wagon because scum may have powerbussed her.
Brian
: Is your action a day action? I was targeted by another day action and was wondering if it was part of your role.
Some flavor stuff
MelancholyMath
: I'm just a neighborizor. I'm going to look at the people who didn't have much reasoning to be on the Nati wagon.
Some waffling on Nacho and how Nacho is reading him.

Brian
: Okay, I asked because I'm a D* Unlynchable Townie and was vanillarized. Still not a fan of Farside or TTH.
Brian
: I think Nacho may have been crumbing a town role early on.
MelancholyMath
: Farside feels like she did in Survivor. Agree on TTH. Overwhelmed on the softclaims.
Brian
: I don't think Oversoul is scummy considering he had a late replace in. Farside is more of a PoE read, and I do think her demeanor might point towards town.
MelancholyMath
: Oversoul is more not town rather than scummy for me.

In post 2975, Brian Skies wrote:Dreamworld N1

In post 2976, Brian Skies wrote:Well, it's probably just Dreamworld since that's the pretty title FakeGod gave it in the thread under the image he provided and everything. But the thread is titled Dreamworld N1.

In post 2977, Brian Skies wrote:*The title is above the image.

In post 2978, Brian Skies wrote:It also said we'd be the only players with access to the thread.

In post 3185, SXTLHGaiden wrote:also brian, would you also mind unvoting me for a bit?

UNVOTE: Gaiden
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3179, Brian Skies wrote:He could have always held onto it and vanillarized NK targets like Grapes

that is what i meant when i said holding onto it until later in the game, yes

In post 3179, Brian Skies wrote:You were? I must have missed this

indeed. the idea of asking your scum buddy to either legitimately target you or claim to have targeted you is something i might do as scum, and part of why i thought it was rather convenient that he chose to vanillarise a n5 role n1 when that's clearly suboptimal play
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

eh. can't find anything about any of cupcake's targets in his ISO

presumably if brian was checked it woulda been the night no kill occurred (the only thing cupcake did the next day is vote mac)
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3187, zMuffinMan wrote:indeed. the idea of asking your scum buddy to either legitimately target you or claim to have targeted you is something i might do as scum, and part of why i thought it was rather convenient that
he chose to vanillarise a n5 role n1 when that's clearly suboptimal play

While looking for a way to clear a partner is something I
would
do (see Viscon: Crossroads), finding a way to clear myself isn't. I also made a pretty big deal about the bolded after I was vanillarized and it's why I was so adamant about it being a scum role.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3188, zMuffinMan wrote:eh. can't find anything about any of cupcake's targets in his ISO

I've already looked a few times since he died. I don't think he crumbed or softed anything and it's possible he thought his role wasn't that important. But he thought I was town, so maybe?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3188, zMuffinMan wrote:presumably if brian was checked it woulda been the night no kill occurred (the only thing cupcake did the next day is vote mac)

Why not Night 2 or 3?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh right, Notty claimed and flipped neighborizer.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3190, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3188, zMuffinMan wrote:eh. can't find anything about any of cupcake's targets in his ISO

I've already looked a few times since he died. I don't think he crumbed or softed anything and it's possible he thought his role wasn't that important. But he thought I was town, so maybe?

i doubt he put people in his town list because he investigated them

and yeah, because if he were going to use it on you (a claimed vanilla) it would have been after noddy's flip
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm a claimed 'vanillarized', not a claimed 'vanilla', thank you very much. And I'm still bitter about it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3193, zMuffinMan wrote:i doubt he put people in his town list because he investigated them

I don't think a rational Cupcake (at least by his standards) would have considered his role to be that useful at least until Notty claimed to have neighborized me (confirmable action).
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

he probably didn't. would be helpful if the useless sack of crap actually left proper crumbs if he was using his role, especially since he was outed on like D2

or even like a "oh yeah i think brian is town, btw vote: mac" or something
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3187, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3179, Brian Skies wrote:He could have always held onto it and vanillarized NK targets like Grapes

that is what i meant when i said holding onto it until later in the game, yes

I actually meant that he just vanillarizes people everyday and then kills those people.

He also claimed to be a full neighborizer to me, so I don't know why he was playing like an X-Shot.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 3196, zMuffinMan wrote:he probably didn't. would be helpful if the useless sack of crap actually left proper crumbs if he was using his role, especially since he was outed on like D2

or even like a "oh yeah i think brian is town, btw vote: mac" or something

I want to say that Kats did check brian because after learning about ns being a neighborizer, he asked who ns targeted.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:03 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

I think it is safe to say that Brian is vanilla.
so, the only possible people who can be responsible for the extra kill is muffin or me.
rationale: nacho was confirmed double voter by farside, brian is vanilla confirmed by kats, oversoul was RB'd.
so now we have to figure out how last night's kill happened.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”