Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I still think he is town. Do not judge him because of other sites.... judge him as a newbie in his first newbie game.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 325, Bulbazoor wrote:I still think he is town. Do not judge him because of other sites.... judge him as a newbie in his first newbie game.

Im not judging him of the other site, im judging him because he presented this as though he had no experience and in truth he does.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Micc »

In post 321, Micc wrote:
In post 318, JoramvanVugt wrote:ehm yes i did but post of those posts just went unnoticed... and when you mentioned some term i looked it up and read about it, thats how im trying to learn from my newbie game

Can you quote the posts that went unnoticed please?

Jordan, do this please.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Micc »

Cause i really have a problem with you getting feisty about not getting help, while still not answering my question asking what you wanted help with.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Micc »

And bulba, please restate or quote the case on stoz.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:12 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 204, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 201, stoz wrote:This is where I am right now:

Akuseru - 55% town
Has been asking good questions and seems to be putting in a good effort.

JoramvanVugt - 45% town
Seems to be a bit all over the place, probably because of newness. Pretty hard to read though.

Bulbazoor - 40% town
Voted me, I posted a rebuttal and which he completely ignored. His reasons for voting me are flimsy and VeeGee was reasonably suspicious too. Plus the replace-out is not null from my point of view.

Thespio - 70% town
HenryCabotLodge - 70% town
Based on the back and forth a few pages ago I am happy for now to think of both of them as town.

StubbsKVM (SE) - 55% town
Seems pretty consistant. Mounting the kind of defence I would expect to see from town

notscience (SE) - 50% town
Started out with some great questions but has gone pretty quiet lately.

Micc (IC) - 55% town
Great activity. I don't really get his angle on StubbsKVM but he has been asking about other people too.

I understand we have to get this moving because the deadline is in about 5 days and we don't really have any good candidates to lynch yet.

Your rebuttal seems pretty defensive, and the omgus is doing nothing to change my stance

G
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 215, Bulbazoor wrote:I do not agree on the assumption that aku is scum. The only charge we can make based on game play is that they are trying hard, but that is not even a good basis for a fos. I thini I like my vote for now. This slot was very defensive upon my cqlling them out and they even decided to scumread me because I was scumreading them. That only made my read drift downwards to even more scummy because all he has ever done so far is defend himself when any accusation comes out and even townread stubbs, which is a very scummy player. I barely agree with anynof his reads and their interactuons seem to come from a veery overdefensive stance. And the fact that he even said he scumreads me more than anyone else but never introduces a vote on me is very horrible.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Micc »

Can you explain why scum are more likely to defend themselves than town are upon being attacked?
Can you explain why scum are more likely than town to have reads you disagree with?
Can you explain why scum are more likely to not vote a scum read than town players are?

I dont like this case because I feel like its all based on stuff that I dont consider alignment indicative. It feels more like you disagreeing with his reads and playstyle more than anything.

After looking back and changing my own read on stoz early game, hearing this case, and seeing the case from other players (gut does nothing to me) i have cold feet on the wagon. Id really prefer Stubbs or maybe Jordan depending on what that offsite game looks like (ill look tonight after work). I dont feel all that solid on Thespio scum read eitehr atm and i dont think that has much support so im not thinking in that direction atm.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:15 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

So am i allowed to copy paste my role pm here? cause if thats what i takes to survive, i probably wont be a big maffia target anyways
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Thespio »

All roles are posted on page 1
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 333, JoramvanVugt wrote:So am i allowed to copy paste my role pm here? cause if thats what i takes to survive, i probably wont be a big maffia target anyways

Not allowed. Forum Rules and Guidelines: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6470

Relevant portion:

Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Micc »

In post 327, Micc wrote:
In post 321, Micc wrote:
In post 318, JoramvanVugt wrote:ehm yes i did but post of those posts just went unnoticed... and when you mentioned some term i looked it up and read about it, thats how im trying to learn from my newbie game

Can you quote the posts that went unnoticed please?

Jordan, do this please.

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Micc »

fferyllt can you prod Subbs please?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1, fferyllt wrote:
Newbie Setup

Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot

Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. For example Row 1 (1 jailkeeper, 1 vanilla townie, 1 mafia goon) would add an additional 5 vanilla townies and 1 mafia goon, for a total setup of 1 jailkeeper, 6 vanilla townies, and 2 mafia goons.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.
r

The game thread is here.

Joram you cant trick us by posting a claimed PM, they are all public
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:32 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

In post 332, Micc wrote:Can you explain why scum are more likely to defend themselves than town are upon being attacked?
Can you explain why scum are more likely than town to have reads you disagree with?
Can you explain why scum are more likely to not vote a scum read than town players are?

I dont like this case because I feel like its all based on stuff that I dont consider alignment indicative. It feels more like you disagreeing with his reads and playstyle more than anything.

My own issue with Stoz comes not so much from disagreeing with his reads but the fact that they're very fascile. None of them (at least in his initial reads post) really say anything one way or the other about a player. I'm not really in favor of posting reads constantly anyway, but it seems to have become a sort of indicator of townieness in this game for whatever reason. This also makes Stoz's reads post suspicious to me- after a period of inactivity he comes and and makes a post that looks pro-town on its surface (the reads post), but in reality doesn't say anything definitive. He also didn't place a vote the whole game until his second to last post where he votes JoramvanVugt, a wagon which is conveniently enough gaining steam. All that said, I'm cautious of lynching him myself because I don't necessarily feel comfortable with having inactivity being a primary factor in finding somebody scummy and his play has been much better/substantive as of late (but I guess that's to be expected when the pressure's on).

As for JoramvanVugt, I'm getting more and more comfortable with a lynch on him. You'll remember early on in the game he expressed interest in having me roleclaim (what?) and aped Thespio's arguments against me when he voted me. He kept that vote on almost the entire day and only posted periodically to indicate he had nothing to add. When the pressure is put on he pleads newbieness, which I'm sympathetic to to an extent, but his professed helplessness right now is a far cry from the beginning of the game where he seemed quite confident with his vote on me. There's also the weirdness with him somehow knowing there's a cop in the game. Also, Joramvan, you say you have a completed game but you said this in post #124:
Also im playing a newbie game cause this is my very first game. i dont know a lot about maffia and came here to learn. some help would be amazing instead of omg he is guilty cause he didnt do this little thing like all other players do. I dont know how maffia is being played on this site. i still need to learn all of that. so sorry if i dont do things like you guys want me to..

which seems to contradict what you say in post #316:
I have 1 previously completed maffia game. its not like im a pro trying to act like a newbie, i only know maybe 20% of the roles in mafia i dont know most of the terms you guys use and i dont know how to play as most roles. if you call that experience just lynch me

#124 makes it seems like you have no experience with mafia at all, while #316 just indicates you haven't played mafia on this site. You also pretty confidently say this in post #86 when you vote me:
If you were playing in my last game on another forum you would already be dead by now. somebody would have daykilled you already

You seem to represent your level of experience differently when it suits you, surely you can see how that is suspicious.

I'm not down with a Stubbs lynch at this point, but I do find myself wondering where he is.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:55 am

Post by notscience »

Let's lynch stoz

Joram is town.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 340, notscience wrote:Let's lynch stoz

Joram is town.

Whats your case against Joram, because you pushing it so hard kinda makes u look like scum. Especially since you dont have a reason behind your vote.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 am

Post by notscience »

Okay? I don't particularly care.

I do care that a scumread is being passed by for a townreads.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Not. It feels like u are sheeping me.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 342, notscience wrote:Okay? I don't particularly care.

Post why you are voting. it takes like 5 minutes and no one will question your vote, i wont support a stoz lynch, you gave no reasons.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:16 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

Im sorry that i gave you the impression that this was my very very first game i meant my very first game on this site.

about my role, im a vanilla townie, go ahead lynch me but you will lose a townie
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Thespio »

@Micc I dont support the reasons given to lynch Stoz, do you? would you support a notscience vote? She is voting without reasons, doesnt answer questions, plus she lurks for extended periods of time.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 345, JoramvanVugt wrote:Im sorry that i gave you the impression that this was my very very first game i meant my very first game on this site.

about my role, im a vanilla townie, go ahead lynch me but you will lose a townie

In post 333, JoramvanVugt wrote:So am i allowed to copy paste my role pm here? cause if thats what i takes to survive, i probably wont be a big maffia target anyways

UNVOTE: Joram Joram these posts make me see you as innocent:
In post 345, JoramvanVugt wrote:Im sorry that i gave you the impression that this was my very very first game i meant my very first game on this site.

Would you support a notscience lynch?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

StubbsKVM has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:31 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

UNVOTE: unvote
VOTE: notscience

This is the second time you've pushed for the stoz lynch with no elaboration. You say you scumread him but you don't say why. You've also declared JoramvanVugt to be town twice. Why is he town? You haven't commented on the merit of the pressure on him right now. You haven't really commented on much of anything in the last few pages actually.

In post 305, notscience wrote:And deadline flashlynches are way too easy for scum to control.

We're nearly at deadline and the only person I see trying to control a lynch is you.

In post 342, notscience wrote:Okay? I don't particularly care.

Okay, but why do you scumread him? You never say. You never say why you townread people. You posted a list of reads in #241 that had even less content than Stoz's post. Also remember at the beginning of the game you were actually trying to make a legitimate case against VeeGee for saying "hi" and indicated you were fine with lynching him based off of that. Whatever, that might be just a disagreement over playstyle/theory but I still don't care for it. However, your playstyle seems to make a change at post #53. Prior to that you directly questioned players, provided reasoning for your posts/ actions, and engaged the town in general. After that, it's been these laconic generalities and you've mainly been in the background. I don't like the discrepancy between your early and current play and I don't like the way you've been pushing for Stoz's lynch.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”