Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:55 am

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 3262, Psyche wrote:
In post 3237, LittleGumball wrote:Seriously? Does that Deep Space Nine claim look anything like a serious claim to you? Do you honestly think that's a real role? Do you honestly think the first post on Day 1 is a serious post?.

I'm inclined to read Kling as town for that post because I feel like if he had taken it seriously he would have discussed it with his scumbuds at least once and been cleared up about it and felt silly. But maybe he's acting? Or never discussed it with his buds?

I'm going for acting and/or purposely trying to find things scummy that aren't.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Psyche »

can we lynch ika or pere
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Psyche »

actually
pere can also be town
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:00 am

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 3253, Narninian wrote:alright
unvote

I am satisfied. You'd be surprised how many times a vote like that will cause scum to freakout and start OMGUSing, and how often thats an accurate tell now matter how obvious it is.

Who do you find scum and who do you find town?

@Psyche, I'd rather lynch Riabi or Kling, but I guess I'd be okay with policy lynching Ika. I'd go on the Pere lynch if it was him or nothing.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Psyche »

wow ika's slot has ~10-20 posts altogether
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 am

Post by LittleGumball »

Where is Displaced is he still in the game?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Psyche »

i like rialbi
he and i should be bosom buds
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Psyche »

if thor realllly thinks titus is scum i'm willing to go with that too
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 3272, LittleGumball wrote:
The thing here isn't that you're inactive. You weren't online for 3 days during a crucial point in time, you put a vote on RIP and then left. What is that?

This doesn't make any sense you say "The problem isn't that you're inactive, the problem is that you weren't here..." What the hell is the difference? I wasn't here, no, I wasn't on the site, I was busy with RL.

In post 3241, LittleGumball wrote:
4 asks for a recap of Kling case. Doesn't bother to read back, doesn't bother to ISO her. If I'm forced to read over 50 pages of an entire day you should too.
Also, he says a few posts later (post 2228) that he's willing to push her... but he didn't even get a response on why people thought she was scummy. Why was he willing to push someone that he has no idea where the case is coming from? (unless he's wanting to distance himself from his scumbud ;) ;))

Once again, I'm sorry I'm not as active as you'd like, but please don't misrep me based on my low activity level. No where did I say I didn't read back, no where did I say I didn't ISO her. I did, I just didn't see anything directly scummy. If someone wants to convince me that another player is scum, the onus is on them to make their case. It's not on my to go digging through 100+ pages HOPING I find what they meant. This is especially true considering the fact that I have a limited amount of time to play mafia, and looking for a needle in a haystack doesn't seem like a good use of that time.
Also, I never said I was willing to push Kling, I said I might be. Meaning, I wasn't necessarily town reading her, so it was possible to convince me. But, since, as you pointed out, no one responded to that question, I wasn't convinced.

Where did activity come in? Stop bringing that up. I said absolutely nothing about activity here, so I really don't understand why you're so bent on trying to give me that excuse. Seriously have no idea why you brought that up. As for the "needle in a haystack," obviously everyone has a limited time to play mafia, no one is online at all hours of the day :P Doesn't excuse the fact that you're talking about pushing someone that you don't even know the case on them.

I wanted someone to outline the case for me because I couldn't find why she's scummy, and thought it possible that I'd missed something. Is that really so hard to understand? Have you never asked someone to recap a case for you? I never said I was willing to push her, I said I was willing to consider it, provided someone had a case. But, as no one has yet presented one to me, nothing has changed.

5 literally doesn't even answer the question AND takes the time to criticize the people who were on the wagon. the next post doesn't really answer much either. ((UGH so I totally thought I quoted the post above this but I was wrong, sozzles friends. Just pretend I quoted his previous post, this quote is still relevant though c: ))

Yeah, I don't know why the wagon broke up. How is that not an answer? I still don't know. I read through it twice, I can't say why it happened, I was confused by its existance in the first place, so maybe it broke up because people came to their senses? I have no flipping clue.

This is about your excuse as to why you don't know. "I never liked the wagon, so I have no personal knowledge as to why it fell apart." So because you don't like it, you don't know what to think about it? You don't have any opinions on who got off in a scummy way? No one that looks like they're acting with their mafia buds to get someone else lynched? Nothing?

Why must I have an opinion of every thing that happens in a game? Why should I be expected to explain the disappearance of something I didn't understand the existence of in the first place? I really don't understand your questions here.

6 talks about Kling instead of Titus, I don't know what that means but I just feel like mentioning his thoughts on her. Again, willing to push her, but he has no opinion on her.

I'm pretty sure I explained this elsewhere, but I've never played a game of this size, and that plus the fact that I came in with so much history already in place means that I got a few people mixed up in my head. I've worked to correct this, and by and large, I'm better at it now (having fewer people in the game helps too).

Okay but you didn't even address my issue with you. My issue wasn't the Kling/Titus mixup, my issue is still you willing to push Kling when you didn't know anything about her, and now you still don't know anything about her. Are you sure you ISO'd her? Because if you have you should have an opinion by now.

Once again I never said I was willing to push her, only that I was willing to consider it. I've ISO'd her, I find her null right now. If you want me to see her as scummy, tell me why you think she's scummy. Why is that hard?

7 is a GREAT post from Thor which... Riabi never responded to...

What was there to respond to? Who is he to tell me what my theories are or should be? I thought that the questions in that post weren't really worth answering.

This is just... no. Like I said before, if you have a problem with Thor telling you what you should think, don't tell me what I should think because I don't care about your "i'm inactive XDDDD" crap. My problem is not your inactivity. I'm addressing that in a post. You should have made a post addressing that to Thor. In the very least you should have at least acknowledged that the post existed. But nope, you disappeared for 100 posts and pushed for your Senator lynch. That's all you did. Boy I sure hope that alleviated Thor's feelings about you!
This last quote here makes me even more comfortable with my vote. There's absolutely no reason to avoid responding to someone that says "Convince me you're town."

Except that I see no reason to bother with a statement like that. I mean, what do you expect from someone at that point? Jump up and down and scream "HEY THOR!!!! I"M TOWN!!! SEEE????"? How exactly does someone convince someone else of their town alignment in your mind? No, there's no reason to respond to that statement, and this is, IMO especially true if the accused is, in fact, town.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 3236, Klingoncelt wrote:
So you're Town for being on all 3 lynches, but I'm Scum. That's a hella lot of bullshit you got there, son.
LicketyQuickety and Senator Pisskop were trolls. They were clogging up the game. I was thinking that Senator might be Scum the way he was trolling. Neither of those two contributed jack.
The CDB lynch was for info. The 50% chance that he was Scum was eating at me...
But at least RIP/Psyche didn't get lynched. The way RIP was behaving I was certain he was Scum.

This kind of thinking annoys me. As if LQ and Senator did not try. Neither trolled the game as much as talked nonstop. I hardly understand why that counts as a good reason to lynch them. That is like the excuse of saying that it is okay to lynch people who annoy you. I have a hard time believing that everyone thought he was scum, but fine clearly scum to you post a lot.

In post 3237, LittleGumball wrote:Seriously? Does that Deep Space Nine claim look anything like a serious claim to you? Do you honestly think that's a real role? Do you honestly think the first post on Day 1 is a serious post?

And I still don't understand how you lynched Channel for "information." It was Day 4 you should have had plenty of information already. That's bull.

I cannot agree with this more, we are so far beyond in information stage of this game. Hell, some games to not even run this long...The reason provided is that annoying fixation on the hider. I am beginning to think that everyone should lynch anyone who has spent too much time fixated on something because it has been our downfall all game.

The more I read Klings posts on this page, the more I realise she is probably scum.

Votechange: Kling
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 3257, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3186, PeregrineV wrote:If you were watcher specifically, you would have saw everyone hitting Suzune last night and would spill it and win us the game.

If you claimed another PR, it may or may not be confirm-able.

If you claimed non-PR, it might also be confirmable.

1. That would not win us the game in any way at all.
2. Yes, but pay attention to #3
3. Yes, which casts doubt on why it would matter then.

1. you are correct it would not win us the game in any way. However, it would tell us who has a active power role as opposed to a passive one. That kind of information is important for the town and will aid it. You could use it to force people to role claim based on what we know happened last night. This would clear up a lot of interesting things and might eliminate the number of suspects that we have. Why does no one else think like this? We need to use the roles we have as a town to our ability now. They cannot kill us all at night but we might be able to determine who would most make the kill and that would heavily aid the town.

Seriously Thor what is your problem with claiming. You have been dancing around it all phase. Unless you are the hero or something you are basically saying you are the watcher and if you aren't then clearly you are leaning heavily on mafia. So what be it?

Do you think, if the claim is true, scum would likely have this role? (if yes my rejoinder is to disagree with you - but this will end the conversation)
I mean seriously have what role. A post restricting role. It sounds like a totally believable scum ability to me. Like a silencer.

Do you think my previous slot holder struck you as the type of scum to go for the long con in faking this role?
Since I have known you for three phases now, do you think it matters what you slot holder did on day one?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: ika

Ika's dodging which is 100% his scum meta.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Riabi »

In post 3286, Titus wrote:VOTE: ika

Ika's dodging which is 100% his scum meta.

Yeah, agreed. Anyone who has played with him knows his meta, I'd suspect.

VOTE: ika
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:45 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 5.03- Up to post 3287

ika[2]: Titus, Riabi
Riabi[1]: LittleGumball
PeregrineV[1]: Nero Cain
Ika[1]: Sinsun1
Titus[1]: Davesas
Nero Cain[1]: PerigrineV
KlingonCelt[1]: Suzune

Not Voting(6): KlingonCelt, ika, displaced, Psyche, Thor665, Narninian

Mod Notes: Displaced has received a final prod. Ika and Nero Cain will be prodded.

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Day ends Wednseday, July 25th, 11 PM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:52 am

Post by ika »

check sig im v/la for this weekend for nephews baptism.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:54 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 3289, ika wrote:
check sig im v/la for this weekend for nephews baptism.

If you are vla you need to say so in thread, I am not going to check everyone's individual profile.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 3284, Suzune wrote:
In post 3236, Klingoncelt wrote:
So you're Town for being on all 3 lynches, but I'm Scum. That's a hella lot of bullshit you got there, son.
LicketyQuickety and Senator Pisskop were trolls. They were clogging up the game. I was thinking that Senator might be Scum the way he was trolling. Neither of those two contributed jack.
The CDB lynch was for info. The 50% chance that he was Scum was eating at me...
But at least RIP/Psyche didn't get lynched. The way RIP was behaving I was certain he was Scum.

This kind of thinking annoys me. As if LQ and Senator did not try. Neither trolled the game as much as talked nonstop. I hardly understand why that counts as a good reason to lynch them. That is like the excuse of saying that it is okay to lynch people who annoy you. I have a hard time believing that everyone thought he was scum, but fine clearly scum to you post a lot.

In post 3237, LittleGumball wrote:Seriously? Does that Deep Space Nine claim look anything like a serious claim to you? Do you honestly think that's a real role? Do you honestly think the first post on Day 1 is a serious post?

And I still don't understand how you lynched Channel for "information." It was Day 4 you should have had plenty of information already. That's bull.

I cannot agree with this more, we are so far beyond in information stage of this game. Hell, some games to not even run this long...The reason provided is that annoying fixation on the hider. I am beginning to think that everyone should lynch anyone who has spent too much time fixated on something because it has been our downfall all game.

The more I read Klings posts on this page, the more I realise she is probably scum.

Votechange: Kling

"As if LQ and Senator did not try. Neither trolled the game as much as talked nonstop."

Talking nonstop while contributing absolutely nothing to the game is the definition of trolling, do you not know that? They were clogging up the game and preventing good discussion. Switching accounts every couple of posts didn't help Senator Pisskop's case at all. And the Beloved had to be lynched ASAP to prevent Scum from getting info for the double-Night kills.

I stand by my votes.

The CDB lynch for info was exactly that. There was a 50% chance that he was Scum. Even now the rest of us are only at a 33% chance of being Scum.

One thing is clear, the wrong people have been trusted for too long.

I'm going to re-evaluate my Town reads.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Psyche »

votechange????
how the hell is my scraping program supposed to detect "votechange"??
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 3292, Psyche wrote:votechange????
how the hell is my scraping program supposed to detect "votechange"??

Huh?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:38 am

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 3283, Riabi wrote:
This doesn't make any sense you say "The problem isn't that you're inactive, the problem is that you weren't here..." What the hell is the difference? I wasn't here, no, I wasn't on the site, I was busy with RL.

No my problem is that you were conveniently away during a crucial moment where you voted and then up and left to let everyone else hash it out. I do find that suspicious. Now you FINALLY have given me a reason why you were gone, so thanks I guess.

General inactivity wasn't the concern, the timing of being gone for multiple days during an important conversation was the concern.

I wanted someone to outline the case for me because I couldn't find why she's scummy, and thought it possible that I'd missed something. Is that really so hard to understand? Have you never asked someone to recap a case for you? I never said I was willing to push her, I said I was willing to consider it, provided someone had a case. But, as no one has yet presented one to me, nothing has changed.

So you're saying... you STILL don't have an opinion on Kling? After all this time?

Why must I have an opinion of every thing that happens in a game? Why should I be expected to explain the disappearance of something I didn't understand the existence of in the first place? I really don't understand your questions here.

I... really don't have anything to say to this. Just... I'm dumbfounded.
Once again I never said I was willing to push her, only that I was willing to consider it. I've ISO'd her, I find her null right now. If you want me to see her as scummy, tell me why you think she's scummy. Why is that hard?

technically you didn't say you'd consider it... ;) direct quote is "might be willing to push her tomorrow" which at this point debating over the meaning of that is just kind of pointless.

Anyway while I bring up some things for you since you can't see the obvious scum :P, you can look at Suzune's vote if you like. What do you think about it?

Except that I see no reason to bother with a statement like that. I mean, what do you expect from someone at that point? Jump up and down and scream "HEY THOR!!!! I"M TOWN!!! SEEE????"? How exactly does someone convince someone else of their town alignment in your mind? No, there's no reason to respond to that statement, and this is, IMO especially true if the accused is, in fact, town.

He asked you multiple questions and you didn't even acknowledge their existence. How are you supposed to play a game if you don't even respond when someone talks to you? Did you think you were "above" answering his questions or something? If you had a problem with what he was saying you should have brought it up instead of completely ignoring it.

Convincing someone you're town isn't saying "i'm town XDDDD" that much should be obvious. Convincing someone you're town is acting in a town way, such as not avoiding questions.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Have we lynched PV yet? If so why not?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 3295, Nero Cain wrote:Have we lynched PV yet? If so why not?

Okay, I'll bite -

Why is PV getting lynched?
-
MiniDeathStar
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

Has Nero given reasons for anything this game? I don't remember them...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

This is starting to annoy the shit out of me. Like I don't think there has been a game in recent memory where I HAVEN'T been accused of not giving reasons (for my reads). Apparently, all I do every game is just sit there and yell at everyone to lynch someone and next game I have with Dave I will do just that so he claim can atleast be accurate.

In post 3105, Nero Cain wrote:He's not doing anything and lurking about wich he does as scum and his play was just wierd yesterday with calling both RIP and CDB scum but voting neither.

^
is my last post about PV
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Titus »

On Monday, we are lynching ika if he produces nothing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”