Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

Elbirn-san's lynch hungry needs need to be quenched!

Don't count me on it tho.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm not sober enough to find it
but if it you link it in will read it through and consider your wisdom

Either way honestly I'm scared that we can't build a new wagon from scratch and push it to lynch
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

Oh hey i ron'd again! that'll be 8000 points from you pieguy-sama <3
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1226, Elbirn wrote:Either way honestly I'm scared that we can't build a new wagon from scratch and push it to lynch

Let's lynch Scum Varsoon then!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1225, Kuro Matsumi wrote:Elbirn-san's lynch hungry needs need to be quenched!

Don't count me on it tho.

Kuro
my darling d3ar3st , light of my life
Please, it's voided or chandra today. If you vote either I will be happy. But if you keep voting varsoon in will sad

No tears, only dreams now
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1226, Elbirn wrote:I'm not sober enough to find it

Either way honestly I'm scared that we can't build a new wagon from scratch and push it to lynch

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=59731

I have Varsoon's vote, I have Cabd's. I'm fairly confident one of Mara/singer will be willing enough to give me a Day 1 sheep, and with your vote, we have a wagon as big as the current Voided one.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Appeals too spot-on, as I talked early-game about keeping stronger voices on-board. :P

I've got more thought put into the Voided wagon. I mostly don't like Chandra due to gut and I agree with your anti-Chandra points.

Again, I'm not the guy you need to convince. I'll hammer out a Chandra wagon if you can get people on-board. If you want me at the front of the wagon, sure, but like I said, right now I can't see it as anything but a distraction at day-end.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Trust me, if I could vote multiple people, I'd have a vote on Chandra as well right now.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1231, Varsoon wrote:Appeals too spot-on, as I talked early-game about keeping stronger voices on-board. :P

I've got more thought put into the Voided wagon. I mostly don't like Chandra due to gut and I agree with your anti-Chandra points.

Again, I'm not the guy you need to convince. I'll hammer out a Chandra wagon if you can get people on-board. If you want me at the front of the wagon, sure, but like I said, right now I can't see it as anything but a distraction at day-end.

I want you at the front of the wagon, or I want you to tell me where I'm going wrong with my read on Voided.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1229, Elbirn wrote:Kuro
Please, it's voided or chandra today. If you vote either I will be happy. But if you keep voting varsoon in will sad

Considering Varsoon doesn't care that Voided's town and still wants to lynch him, look at him acknowledging nacho's points yet still wants to lynch Voided because why?
At least on your case you truly still believe voided to be scum.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kuro-kohai, what are your thoughts on my most recent series of posts?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Can't really add more now than what I've said in 971.
If that's not enough, eh, I guess I'll roll over for you. I don't wanna make a habit of this, and I know that now I'll have to deal with more Kuro-noise about us being obvious scumpals.
VOTE: Chandra

P-EDIT:
I think Voided is scum, dude.
Get with it.

P-P-EDIT:
Nacho with this appealing rhetoric, sheeesh.
Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1235, Nachomamma8 wrote:Kuro-kohai, what are your thoughts on my most recent series of posts?

If i thought you were town i'd have sheeped that.
Unfortunately i think you might be building a case to cause a mislynch, If you still lynch Chandra and she flips scum i'll reconsider my stance on you however.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 1230, Nachomamma8 wrote:

I have Varsoon's vote, I have Cabd's. I'm fairly confident one of Mara/singer will be willing enough to give me a Day 1 sheep, and with your vote, we have a wagon as big as the current Voided one.

Not until you put in as much effort as you are researching/commenting on Varsoon, Voided, and Cabd on doing your due diligence with the Marquis slot. It really bothers me that you feel confident enough to name me as someone who might sheep you after several requests for you to even give the wagon I'm currently on a second glance and not doing so.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Next, let's talk about the Marquis wagon:

In post 228, Benjamin Applebaum wrote:That is literally

the same shit you do

EVERY single time you draw scum against me.

Fakegod's waltz game, xmen both spring to mind.

The premise of the vote is that Marquis always fakes some over the top paranoia when he's scum against notscience town in order to fake his usual town paranoia. I don't find any strong indicators of faking paranoia as opposed to experiencing real paranoia; maybe it was a tiny bit strange in that I don't like when people vote and go "I have to stop letting paranoia control me", but I didn't think it was significant enough to signify his vote and in general found the reasons for voting then unvoting believable enough.

Bins vote basically just looks like paranoia to me. If she wants to give me some other reason, great, but it looked like basically paranoia.

In post 704, singersigner wrote:@Marquis...the problem I have with your 654 and 460 is that you don't really explain why you think I'm town compared to scum because you've never really seen my scum game, so comparing me to "finding another Titus" works under your assumption I'm town which should be easy to explain past "level of commitment isn't scum-singer" if you're making such a comparison. My paranoia is that you're giving such an easy read on me and catering to that game to confirm that read in order to keep me at bay.

This is the reason you voted Marquis?
Making the assumption that Marquis wouldn't be familiar with your play is a weak one to make; you're a very well-known player in general, it's a universal fact that you enjoy town more than scum, Marquis is well-read AND I'm fairly confident that talks of you being much more engaged as town over scum came up in Signs and Void. Finding another Titus was essentially you playing to your strengths and finding another scum that was going deep into endgame without your suspicion.
I don't think that townMarquis would be particularly inclined to scumread you regardless of familiarity with your meta, either.

I've talked about why Chandra's vote was bad.

In post 932, Profgessor Emotion wrote:
In post 904, farside22 wrote:Profg: what changed your mind about cabd?
Also I'd love an explanation of the marquis scum read. Please?

His reach out and everything thereafterwards

also, less of a scum-read and more of a "ew, the other current wagons really suck, and marquis isn't very memorable and wouldn't mind losing. Could maybe be scum, anyway" type of deal

This vote doesn't seem like a very strong case for Marquis being scum, just seems like a vote to make a not-horrible wagon a little more viable.

Voided's vote, while understandable, isn't exactly a vote that's good for voting scum.

Kuro Matsumi
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Kuro Matsumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Kuro Matsumi »

In post 1236, Varsoon wrote:I think Voided is scum, dude.
Get with it.

These posts make me think otherwise:
In post 1216, Varsoon wrote:Well, if you want better than that on D1, people are gonna have to play a whole lot shittier.

In post 1219, Varsoon wrote:I also think Chandra is scummy, but I really want this voided wagon and dropping off of it with less than 3 days to deadline and no clear supporters seems like it'd just serve as a distraction.
You're preaching to the choir with me. You need to convince the other players in this game of Chandra scum and Chandra being a viable wagon in these last 2/3 days.

In post 1222, Varsoon wrote:I'm torn.
Nacho, can we just lynch Voided today and sort Chandra tomorrow?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1238, singersigner wrote:

Not until you put in as much effort as you are researching/commenting on Varsoon, Voided, and Cabd on doing your due diligence with the Marquis slot. It really bothers me that you feel confident enough to name me as someone who might sheep you after several requests for you to even give the wagon I'm currently on a second glance and not doing so.

I had my comments on the Marquis wagon open in another tab as I was typing that!

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I've read like 10 of Voided's posts on thst gamr and I already realize I'm an asshole

Fuck I'll vote chandra just lemme read voided again tomorrow, without my bias of thinking he's scum, to really cement it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1234, Kuro Matsumi wrote:
In post 1229, Elbirn wrote:Kuro

Considering Varsoon doesn't care that Voided's town and still wants to lynch him, look at him acknowledging nacho's points yet still wants to lynch Voided because why?
At least on your case you truly still believe voided to be scum.

I think varsoons just naturally scummy
but I like him and want him to keep playing

There, I said it. Leave him be until tomorrow, maybe I'll re evaluate him then
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by singersigner »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1238, singersigner wrote:

I had my comments on the Marquis wagon open in another tab as I was typing that!

I honestly don't really want to know your thoughts on the wagon, I want to know your thoughts on the
player/s
. Dissecting the wagon only serves to avoid giving your own opinion by discrediting everyone else's.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm prepping a posts with my thoughts on Marquis now.

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Bitmap has been prodded.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 226, Marquis wrote:VOTE: benji*

i mean it should be pretty clear what's going on
i'm kind of sick of letting my paranoia burn everything down and being wrong anyway especially when it comes to you and ms
so this game is trying to be like new glass bridges and glass walls and all

but so far only one of you is probably town and guess what it is notttttt-y-ou :(

I thought this vote made a lot of sense coming from Marquis!town, despite notscience's own view of their meta interactions. Just sort of drawing from my own experience, notscience has a decently dangerous scumgame and becomes progressively harder to read if you give him enough room to bullshit and don't pressure him early; Marquis making notscience a priority to read and pushing him early makes sense as a result.

In post 267, Marquis wrote:as scum i try to appeal to you, yes because almost all of the time it just works really well. in the future of course since i'm talking about it right now i'll have to find some way to approach you that subverts that but isn't completely obvious about it but oh well cross that bridge when we get to it and all

problem is here i'm both A) town and B) fairly obviously not scum

also C) that B) is i don't recall in any way trying to appeal to your emotions and yet you're somehow correlating my burst of panic-ish-ness toward you as something scum!me would do. which is. lol. ok. but at least you're actually probably town notty! yay mark some more down for the poe list we're doing this old school

And again, drawing from personal experience, making the sort of paranoia dive at notty that Marquis did is not something I'm as likely to do as scum: calling notscience scum automatically makes him suspicious and paranoid of you while this rarely rarely happens when you townread him (occasionally he does correctly read you anyways, but he doesn't feel half as strong about the push as he would if you push him), so Marquis's counterpoint makes a lot of sense here.

In post 744, Marquis wrote:I'll be back to my regular schedule sometime this weekend, so pretty please don't kill me while I'm gone.

Would also like to return to not seeing stronger townreads vote me. :(

These sort of weak, ineffectual AtE posts seem out of character for scum-Marquis in fighting his lynch. Generally Marquis as scum panics a bit when people vote him and he's really good at making those long, honest-sounding, stream of consciousness rambles. If he saw a strong wagon forming on him for weak reasons, I think he would fight it instead of throwing his hands up and accepting the wagon.

It's pretty ridiculous for me to envision Constantine as scum breaking out into the self-inflicted poetry restriction because that is very obviously not probably going to go over well. His survivalism and posting like that, while sort of concerning, is also pretty typical of his normal play.

Overall, I have a couple reasons to read the slot as more likely town than not, and don't actually feel like there's much of a case suggesting or implying otherwise.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1236, Varsoon wrote:P-P-EDIT:
Nacho with this appealing rhetoric, sheeesh.

:]

Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I've been prodded. I'll post tomorrow.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”