League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #43550 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:34 am

Post by Espeonage »

k fair
Don't @ me.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #43551 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:52 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 43526, Cabd wrote:Am I doing this right?

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... b=overview

I prefer to run sightstone because vision OP in bronze; but after that, I'm correct in assuming I build either locket or FH, right?

And since taric had the FH, frozen fist was fine after locket-boots-sightstone-trailblazer-cinderhulk?

I'll just go over everything at once.

1) Trailblazer - I don't think you need this. Maokai already has pretty good sustain on his own. I would recommend either Stalker's or Skirmisher's. Stalker's is good if you feel like you lack CC, Skirmisher's is good to just not die AND have better dueling.

2) Sightstone - This
can
work, but you need to be using it all the time. Vision is OP, I gree. But you need to
USE IT
. Even moreso on a jungler, where it's NOT necessary. Also, if you're going to play a sightstone jungler, Nunu is by and far the best jungler for this.

3) Merc Treads + Alacrity - It's clear tat you're not buying mercs for the MR here (the only magic damage on their team in Rumble). However, look at their CC and can be tenacity'd - Thresh Q + R, Rumble E + R, Rengar E, Kalista E. And all but one of that is
slows
. If you want to not be bogged down by slows, buy swifties. Also, I disagree with Alacrity here. I would say Homeguards OR Captain enchant here. Homeguards is obvious. However, you have two champions on your team who want to dive. If you engage, Captain enchant will help them follow up.

4) Locket of the Iron Solari - I'm not totally sold by this right now. Looking at their enemy team, there is 1 AP source (Rumble) and 3 AD (Zed, Rengar, Kalista). Get yourself a Randuin's Omen now. That has more HP than Locket (which means you benefit more from Cinderhulk), and the armor + slow will help you lock down the multiple assassins. That said, Rumble is the only person on their team you need to worry about.

5) Iceborn Gauntlet - THIS is where I would get Locket. You already have a lot of damage threats on this team (Fed trist, Diana, fed Irelia). YOU DO NOT NEED MORE DAMAGE ON THIS TEAM. PLAY THE GIANT TANK.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #43552 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

Oh also I tried out karthus for the first time in a PVP match...

In ranked... (DOn't judge me)

And won. Against vlad.

The new Rylai's is kind of awesome, feels like i slow for EONS
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #43553 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Does dev work on Vi?
Don't @ me.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #43554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Cabd »

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Vi

Survey says.. "Maybe, but almost all the pros are still going warrior"
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 43551, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 43526, Cabd wrote:Am I doing this right?

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends. ... b=overview

I prefer to run sightstone because vision OP in bronze; but after that, I'm correct in assuming I build either locket or FH, right?

And since taric had the FH, frozen fist was fine after locket-boots-sightstone-trailblazer-cinderhulk?

I'll just go over everything at once.

1) Trailblazer - I don't think you need this. Maokai already has pretty good sustain on his own. I would recommend either Stalker's or Skirmisher's. Stalker's is good if you feel like you lack CC, Skirmisher's is good to just not die AND have better dueling.

2) Sightstone - This
can
work, but you need to be using it all the time. Vision is OP, I gree. But you need to
USE IT
. Even moreso on a jungler, where it's NOT necessary. Also, if you're going to play a sightstone jungler, Nunu is by and far the best jungler for this.

3) Merc Treads + Alacrity - It's clear tat you're not buying mercs for the MR here (the only magic damage on their team in Rumble). However, look at their CC and can be tenacity'd - Thresh Q + R, Rumble E + R, Rengar E, Kalista E. And all but one of that is
slows
. If you want to not be bogged down by slows, buy swifties. Also, I disagree with Alacrity here. I would say Homeguards OR Captain enchant here. Homeguards is obvious. However, you have two champions on your team who want to dive. If you engage, Captain enchant will help them follow up.

4) Locket of the Iron Solari - I'm not totally sold by this right now. Looking at their enemy team, there is 1 AP source (Rumble) and 3 AD (Zed, Rengar, Kalista). Get yourself a Randuin's Omen now. That has more HP than Locket (which means you benefit more from Cinderhulk), and the armor + slow will help you lock down the multiple assassins. That said, Rumble is the only person on their team you need to worry about.

5) Iceborn Gauntlet - THIS is where I would get Locket. You already have a lot of damage threats on this team (Fed trist, Diana, fed Irelia). YOU DO NOT NEED MORE DAMAGE ON THIS TEAM. PLAY THE GIANT TANK.

1) I disagree. Trailblazer helps maokai's clear tremendously, and seeing as he already has a ton of CC and a damage reduction, the other smites are rather outweighed. Along with removing the chance of smiting a champion on an objective. Also, Maokai imo gets rather mana hungry early and this helps.

2) I built it on aatrox when there was a Nidalee. It's tremendously snowbally, but you are right that you need to actually use it. Sightstone is and always will be an extremely strong item.

3) Even with all the slows, I think merc tread is better. I don't have the math.

4) Locket is a great buy versus rumble. That is all.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 43553, Espeonage wrote:Does dev work on Vi?

It does proc on her W.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #43557 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 43553, Espeonage wrote:Does dev work on Vi?

Yes, but you lose so much. Vi gets a lot out of cinderhulk. She's naturally scales off health. Plus the burning aura. I don't rate devourer on her in any case
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #43558 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by hiplop »

you really dont auto much as vi, or shouldnt anyway?
third best scummer of all time
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #43559 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Oman »

Like, a couple of times. She's more a quality of aa over quantity of aa lady
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43560 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Denting Blows
PASSIVE: Every third basic attack on the same target deals bonus physical damage
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43561 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Her Q and E apply it already, though I don't know if her R does. R>Q>aa>E or Q>AA>R>E should be fine.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43562 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 43560, quadz08 wrote:Denting Blows
PASSIVE: Every third basic attack on the same target deals bonus physical damage

Ya, this. It happens every 2 with sated, similar to sated Vayne's W.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #43563 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 43560, quadz08 wrote:Denting Blows

So, I play Vi as a tanky teamfight initiator. Maybe it's just in how I play her, but she benefits from denting blows more because of the armour reduction it grants her team. And you're not actually waiting for AAs cause you can Q+aa+e(reset) and that gives your boys and girls the 20% reduction (That's what I meant by quality over quantity).

TBH, Devourer could work. Definitely. I still think you're giving up way too much that tanky Vi brings, especially with her passive. Buuuut I could imagine a Vi with a stack of AD doing 10% of target's health (+ everything else) every 2 aa's.

Also just started a game, they have two junglers cause someone wanted to jungle vayne and their rek'sai didn't trust her :D
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #43564 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 43544, PJ. wrote:
In post 43542, mykonian wrote:Call me oldfashioned, and take into consideration that I haven't had access to lol with the new devourer, but Ilike my ww bulky. Some on-hit is nice, but you are still on jungle-money. IMO, you have 3 jobs: locking someone down, worrying a carry (possibly with a partner) so they have to target you and cleaning up the fight with bloodscent. Last two jobs get easier with bulk, and you get plenty of damage from one offensive item.

On top of that, in bronze fights take long, few are convincing victories normally. WW converts a small advantage in a fight to a chase that easily turns the fight into a decisive one. Then, his team AS buff makes objective taking easy and rapid. All you need to do is to stay alive in the fight, on the front line.

This new sated on hit ww turns "worrying a carry" into "outright killing almost any champion in league 100 to 0." That is really not to be understated. He turns any fight into a bloodboiled 5v4. Idk man, I'm very high on this guy.

I'm aware this is the point. Just have not been impressed with glass cannon wws even when devourer was overtuned. Devourer into bork builds were powerfull but slow to get going, put much more pressure on proper timing and position in the first half hour. Esspecially if the map is opened up you don't need to outright kill them.

It's only fun, if they run.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43565 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:58 am

Post by dramonic »

I go devourer/bork/wit/Visage/Sunfire/Tabi
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #43566 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:33 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

That's a fine build and I'm sure it worked well.

Also, I found out Zekes also works well on ww :D
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #43567 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Cabd »

I'm doing really well in normal drafts; my MMR is like high silver right now.

But every time I queue into ranked, my team just gets shat upon.

I'm bronze 4 ranked.

How I wish I could just switch the two around.
Show

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #43568 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by hiplop »

how do you find your normal mmr?
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43569 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Saki »

you guess
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #43570 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

I mean you can also just look and see that you're playing with 9 players who are all silver II to gold III in almost all of your normals.
Show

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #43571 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by hiplop »

I bet mines flipped with cabd lol. I use normals to try out experimental/troll stuff lol
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #43572 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

I guess the big thing for me is; I got tired of playing nothing but support and motivated myself to learn other roles.

I like being able to play tanky things in the jungle to free up both solo laners to be good bruisers or mages.

Then at least I know the team's tank will show up and frontline; because it's ME frontlining.
Show

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43573 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by notscience »

The issue with it is

You get the old

"No damage to back up my tanking"

versus

"No tanks to protect the damage from damage'
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #43574 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

When that happens I prey on the fact that I'm in super low ELO and just make catches with superior warding.
Show

Return to “The Arcade”