Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by implosion »

FA_Q2 wrote:To me this essentially reads that "oh you scum read me for my vote on you then Ill just sheep your vote then." It looks to me like an attempt to shift grays suspicions off of him - and it seems to have worked.

I don't want gray to suspect me; I think gray is town, and if I'm correct than him (or any other town member) suspecting me is a bad thing. I very well may be subconsciously (lol, that word) trying to get people not to suspect me, because I as town would rather not be under suspicion so that we can focus on people who may be scum. Beyond that... idk, that just seems like a really weak reason to vote. Why would I care specifically about gray and not all of the other people who have been suspecting me for a while if I'm scum?

The only salient point I see that makes me suspect the Dom slot is the possibility that Mario was just a bad new player under pressure as scum. Idk. I guess I should look at the game in question. I just don't know if, if it is the case that he replaced out because he's new/feeling pressure, if he would do that even if he was feeling pressure as town. Dom's play so far is very eh.

VOTE: Necessary Evil
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Shazam »

In post 399, implosion wrote:

Necessary Evil wrote:I know I've been tunneling on Mario but I found him really scummy and I'm not to confident in my other reads. I wanted to focus attention on him to create pressure. I'm not sure about TheDominator37 yet.

I find Woody a bit scummy. His posting seems to be rather fluffy as Boonskiies pointed out, but he has are some town tells, too. I'm just not sure. I thought GrayFoxxx was scummy before but his recent posts look like town. I definitely see the case on Bulbazoor. I kind of see the case on pisskop, too, but I'm not sure.

The main problem right now is that we have a couple of players that haven't contributed much (FA_Q2 and StubbsKVM). It is easy for scum to sit back and watch townies lynch each other.

How does anyone else not see this guy as scummy? He's giving himself SO much explicit wiggle room here. He doesn't want to call a bunch of people null because then it won't sound like he's giving concrete reads, so he says Woody is scummy but has some towntells, Gray was scummy but has also towntold, that he can see the case for one growing wagon, and that he can kind of see another case. That is just so overtly waffley. He's building in room to go in whichever direction is most convenient in an extremely underhanded way.

He then proceeds to vote a lurker for an opportunistic vote. Which is pretty much the least risky possible way to vote if you're scum.

Idk. Only ONE person has said anything regarding NE in response to the points I've made (correct me if I'm wrong), and that's Shazam.

I think the most important word in your post is "overtly". He seems to be outright admitting that he's leaving himself wiggle room, because he's admitting that he doesn't know that much at this point. I don't see that as scummy, just useless.

implosion wrote:
The only salient point I see that makes me suspect the Dom slot is the possibility that Mario was just a bad new player under pressure as scum. Idk. I guess I should look at the game in question. I just don't know if, if it is the case that he replaced out because he's new/feeling pressure, if he would do that even if he was feeling pressure as town. Dom's play so far is very eh.

I disagree that he would cave so heavily to pressure even if he was town. If he really was town and therefore: a) had nothing to hide and b) had less to fear from his own lynch, he would not have reacted so poorly.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by implosion »

I disagree that he would cave so heavily to pressure even if he was town. If he really was town and therefore: a) had nothing to hide and b) had less to fear from his own lynch, he would not have reacted so poorly.

Well, I'm not saying this is the case, just that it could be. It's a personality thing. There are plenty of people who would do that kind of thing regardless of alignment (and even those who would be more likely to do it as town because of anger, although that pretty clearly isn't the case here). It is probably still a scumtell if he's done it before as scum, though. I'm just not convinced it's, say, a perfect confidence kind of thing.

I think the most important word in your post is "overtly". He seems to be outright admitting that he's leaving himself wiggle room, because he's admitting that he doesn't know that much at this point. I don't see that as scummy, just useless.

My point is that town would be more explicit (maybe calling the post overt was misleading). NE's post to me as town would give explicit conclusions. He would say that boon/gray/pisskop are null (or his actual opinions on them), rather than dancing around the issue in a way that could be interpreted in literally whatever way he wants. All three of those reads quoted call the people in question both town and scum in one way or another. Saying "X is scummy, but has towntold" about three people in one post as town is like leaving a sentence incomplete. There should be more there explaining how he feels about those players explicitly.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 373, FA_Q2 wrote:

To me this essentially reads that "oh you scum read me for my vote on you then Ill just sheep your vote then." It looks to me like an attempt to shift grays suspicions off of him - and it seems to have worked.
VOTE: implosion

That's if you are looking at Implosion as if you already know he is scum. You are using the "guilty until proven innocent" tactic. Not a very good one.

It would be more scummy of him to OMGUS me.

Like most other players on this site, you just stated what happened and called it scummy. This is cheap.

Implosion has done more than sheep my vote to make me think he is town.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 am

Post by WoodyWoodpecker »

just getting back from v/la, going to read up on the pages I missed sometime today
Hey, keep your eyes up top ok? Don't look down here you pervert.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:00 am

btw you guys seriously made 200 posts while I was gone? :facepalm:
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:13 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Haven't had time to catch up yet. I will later.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:11 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

In post 246, Shazam wrote:The mod said scum have daytalk. Why would they coach in-thread? Or are you saying that it feels like town coaching someone? In that case, why would you bother pointing it out?

did he now? Alright, scratch that.

Bulbazoor wrote:Woody. Town because he was calmly answering the questions and not raging like a newbie would as scum. Mainly a gutread.

Have you seen played with town Woody?

Anyway, starting to lean scum on Bulbazoor. I also have the feeling he's trying to discredit Shazam.

I don't know about Dominator. He's making an an effort, but he's done nothing to make me townread him.

My vote's staying on Woody for now.
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
Necessary Evil
Necessary Evil
Goon
Necessary Evil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Necessary Evil »

In post 402, implosion wrote:

My point is that town would be more explicit (maybe calling the post overt was misleading). NE's post to me as town would give explicit conclusions. He would say that boon/gray/pisskop are null (or his actual opinions on them), rather than dancing around the issue in a way that could be interpreted in literally whatever way he wants. All three of those reads quoted call the people in question both town and scum in one way or another. Saying "X is scummy, but has towntold" about three people in one post as town is like leaving a sentence incomplete. There should be more there explaining how he feels about those players explicitly.

I was explicit as I possibly could be. I named people that at one time or another I thought could be scum. None of them are null. There is no dancing around here; I was completely honest about my reads on players that could be scum. I didn't mention players that I thought were null or town on purpose because I think that gives scum information.

Unvote
for now. I'm going to reread when I get a chance.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:33 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Seems a little defensive ne
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:56 am

In post 199, FA_Q2 wrote:This is, at this point, the best reasoning out there.

nah it really wasn't that good. certainly not good enough to sheep.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:18 am

here is me catching up and stuff through page 15. I will do the rest later

Spoiler:
In post 203, dragonspawn wrote:One thing in having issues with on the Mario push is no one other than Mario is really pushing back. That always concerns me.

me too

In post 207, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Sorry, been busy this weekend.

I don't get the Mario wagon. From what I see (long night could be wrong), it's kind of weak. I will iso each vote on him and try to explain why I don't think mario is that scummy right now.

I also agree with this

In post 231, Boonskiies wrote:Nobody should be certain of their reads this early in the game.

disagree with this. There are times when you absolutely know scum when you see it.

In post 245, StubbsKVM wrote:Almost forgot.

Woody/Mario in that order.

get better reads

In post 250, Shazam wrote:
Looking for a replacement for MarioManiac4 unfortunately.

If he's not going to respond to the criticism, then we probably have to lynch him. His replacement is not going to be able to explain why he acted so scummy. I hope it's not too meta-gamey to say that this looks like scum whose team criticized him to the point of him giving up on the game.

bad post is bad

@bulba - what was the point of posting 255?

In post 275, pisskop wrote:I'm bored.

so am I and being v/la didn't help any. This game is boring (no offense mod)

In post 286, pisskop wrote:
vote: FA

FA, come say things.

good vote

In post 297, Bulbazoor wrote:Why khan. Hes town imo....

meh. not so sure about that one.

In post 298, pisskop wrote:
In post 297, Bulbazoor wrote:Why khan. Hes town imo....

Khan's been so focused on RVs that 8 pages in he was still on about it. Its an excuse not to provide other content, and could use votes.

^this guy gets it

In post 322, Boonskiies wrote:Eh, Wackpecker and I have an on-going grudge, and when am I not active at times? I have giant activity bursts; you should know this. Sometimes I lurk and do nothing, other times I post nonstop. I've done so as both alignments.

I have no grudge against anyone...

In post 347, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: shazam

good vote here.
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 am

In post 407, StubbsKVM wrote:Have you seen played with town Woody?

1. have you?
2. would it matter if he had?
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 am

my reads right now for scum are khan, shazam, and FaQ
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:50 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 413, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:my reads right now for scum are khan, shazam, and FaQ

[img]http://media.giphy.com/media/ZN380DzcgB ... hy.gif[img]
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Well that failed lets try again
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:52 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

My scum team is shazam and implosion. Not sure about the third
Possibly NE or Boon
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:54 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Shazam seem like a good lynch?
If not who?
don't say me
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:55 am

I don't think i could make a case if I tried, not that it matters cause almost every case I've ever made on this site has basically been ignored.

So I'll just say gut and leave it at that
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Shazam »

Three people (Dom, Woodpecker, Bulb) have now voted me or supported those who do. None of them have raised a single salient point that would indicate why they think I'm scum. If you needed any further evidence besides my own gameplay to know that I am town, you have it now. Note: saying "this post is bad", "this post is scummy", or "should we lynch him?" do not count as salient points, if you were wondering.

In post 413, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:my reads right now for scum are khan, shazam, and FaQ

One person who has posted very little content, another person who has given solid reasons for everything he's said and also hasn't provide a ton of content, and me. Needless to say, I don't get how you're scumreading any of those three. imo, the only people that even COULD be scumread are Mario/Dom, you (Woodpecker), implosion, Boonskiees, and GrayFoxxx. So I'll ask you this: which of those seems scummiest to you?
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:04 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

In post 412, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 407, StubbsKVM wrote:Have you seen played with town Woody?

1. have you?
2. would it matter if he had?

1. does it matter?
2. yes
3. why does this bother you?
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 417, TheDominator37 wrote:Shazam seem like a good lynch?
If not who?
don't say me

This is trying way too hard to 'fit in'.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:08 am

I'm not answering that question cause those people aren't on my radar. Doesn't matter if you don't understand how I'm scum reading them, just know that I am.

Ill try to explain each when I get more time. My head needs a break from that reading plus I'm about to get in the car.

1. Yes
2. It doesn't bother me
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Shazam »

In post 422, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:I'm not answering that question cause those people aren't on my radar. Doesn't matter if you don't understand how I'm scum reading them, just know that I am.

Ill try to explain each when I get more time. My head needs a break from that reading plus I'm about to get in the car.

1. Yes
2. It doesn't bother me

The people who have posted the most with the most content are not on your radar. How very anti-town of you. You won't be able to convince anyone else that the two besides me that you're scumreading are scum. There simply is not enough evidence to present. As for me, you're welcome to take your best shot. I'm fairly confident you'll end up convincing people that I'm town if anything. Except for the people with a vested interest in killing me already. Which reminds me, why is Dom still alive? He exists only to try and OMGUS me to death because he knows that's the key to his survival.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 416, TheDominator37 wrote:My scum team is shazam and implosion. Not sure about the third
Possibly NE or Boon

Why am I only possibly? I feel from your position, if you were town, I should be your number 1 suspect.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”