Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Everyone, we have to hit this button at the same time, okay?

VOTE: Jaqen
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

PLANET'S DYIN', GiF
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Bork's smart enough about his flavor that we shouldn't discuss flavor at all. It's a distraction and may even be a detriment as scum is likely to benefit more than town.
For instance, in Xenogears Mafia, the main character was a scum traitor.

Let's just play the game at hand first and foremost.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Entry feels really blank, I'm all for a Jaqen wagon to end D1.
Let's choo choo.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, Aerith's points are what I was thinking.
Yes, I am going to call you Aerith, even though I think 'Aerith' is dumb and I'm on the side of the 'Aeris' translation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

How much Gil?

Anyway, I'm cool with where I am~
I want Jaqen to get back to me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Titus becomes -really- obvious and easy to read after keeping around for a little while.
I'm fine without voting there for now. I like my Jaqen vote.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #164 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mastin, I'm really confused about what you're trying to do by acting like you've got this huge list of reads on page 7. Especially with players who haven't even posted.

I'm actually cool with wagoning Aeris:
VOTE: Aeris

All we had to do was be like, "Oh it was a dumb name joke." and then we wouldn't need nearly 5 pages and several paragraphs going into detail about the exchange.
Continuing to exhaust that discussion (which is null at best) is a waste of time and pulls us away from actually playing the game at hand.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #171 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Stool: No--I'm saying that arguing flavor is pointless due to the mod meta. If you want to warp that into a half-assed reason to push a lynch on me, go for it. I even gave a fucking concrete example of what I was talking about. Can you be more daft?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #175 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Aeris: Nearly all of the content in your ISO is dedicated to talking about the joke you made and being defensive of it.
You could have dropped it just as quickly as I did.
The fact that you've been insistent on stalling on this really pointless conversation.
Take my vote as motivation to do something else this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You're really defensive here.
I call you out and you're instantly going into insulting me and flinging expletives.

Chill out.

Conversation is a two-way street. You've dedicated literal paragraphs to the pointless back-and-forth with ProHawk. Why haven't you dedicated the same amount of effort to the game itself?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #184 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Pro's inquiry is problematic but it does not absolve you.
Play the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh man, Aeris, that's crazy, we should definitely talk to you who has some sort of INSIDER INFO that the game is multiball, I'm glad you pointed that out, what sort of role could you have that says the game is multiball let's waste dozens of pages speculating how could you possibly--

In post 2, borkjerfkin wrote:
This game will be openly Multiball*.
Multiball is defined as having: At least
n
anti-town factions,
m
of which contain more than one member.

Spoiler: Pic related, it's Aeris

You
choose how you engage with the game.
The fact you're trying to deflect your thin play solely onto Pro is more of an issue than Prohawk drilling you over something he doesn't understand.

Seiko, I'd take you up on that Titus flash-lynch.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

yuuup, Mastin confirmed scum with the whole "EVEN IF I WAS SCUM I STILL NEED TO SCUMHUNT!" schtick.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Did you even ever tell me how much gil those flowers cost? Because I don't have the budget to be buying flowers from every flowergirl I run into.

I'm giving you a hard time because I want you to drop it when it comes to the pointless back/forth with ProHawk. Like I said, conversation is a two-way street. I want to see you give elements of the game as much furor and attention as you've given the whole name joke ProHawk thing.

All these people scumreading me but not voting me can get off the planet.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I wanted to know your intentions in walling up against ProHawk. Right now it really seems to be stemming from a general sort of walliness/defensive nature that you have, but that's really null at best. I want to encourage you to stop responding to him, since you've made your points really clear. Encourage him to actually play the game too.

VOTE: Focus Beam
Why not?

@seiko: I actually got really aggravated by people scumreading me, so I tried to take a bit of a breather rather that shout at them. It's just annoying, because I know I'm town, and so when people scumread me real quick, it pisses me off, but it shouldn't, especially if I am not doing especially towny things. So I'm kinda like, "Well, I'll just accept it. If people want to be wrong, it's okay."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #219 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hold on Titus, I've gotta go get more straws for you to grasp onto.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #222 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's really annoying when people read me as scum and are obnoxious about it.
So, I'd really like it if you'd be good enough to either get a wagon to lynch me or your team to kill me or something.
That way at least I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Also, dat appeal to mastin
lol forever
"You're not bad at mafia, mastin! Please, be good at mafia by blindly sheeping me!"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #224 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

At the very least, I can use this game to adequately judge how terrible your judgment of my alignment is if we're all town.
Doubtful, though. There's gotta be at least one scum between the three of us.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #226 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Then in future games I can be all, "Remember how bad you are at reading me? Stop being annoying!" and it'd be great and we'd high five and you'd be like, "Thanks for reminding me, Varsoon!" and we'd get sodas and even though they wouldn't have like Cream Soda even though that's the flavor I wanted I'd still be fine with a Dr. Pepper and when you ask me, "Varsoon, I thought you wanted cream soda?" I'd say, "Oh, no, it's okay, I just wanted to get a soda with you to celebrate the fact we all aren't riding each other's asses over being bad at reading each other." And that'd be great, I think.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #230 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think you're scumreading me when I am town and you're trying to derail your wagon into a counterwagon on me, making use of obvious appeals to players who might wagon me instead of you.

So, that's either scum or its bad and I'd like to actually wagon you regardless of what it is, because if it's just scum, that's great! I'm one step closer to winning. If it's just because you're a stinker, it's makes me happy because then I have some means of defense as town in future games I share with you when you scumread me (and it leads to us drinking sodas and highfives anyway) and because it gets us an early lynch which is way cooler than a 100 page D1.

If you're looking to catch scum, look elsewhere.
:D
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #231 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Besides, if I make myself this huge-chance-to-be-lynched player early game, my chances of taking a night kill are lower, which is great, because it highly increases the odds of scum cross-killing and it heightens my chances of survival, which is great given my role.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #232 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So me playing the way I'm playing is totes justified. Sure, it's risky, but it's a risk I'm taking.
Come at me.

Or, er, get some sleep. Sleep is super important.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #243 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Woah, Aeris, slow down on gendering this whole thing--we're on a message board, all that counts is what you type and that's what I'm engaging with first and foremost. My issue is with your play, with what you've typed, and I'll try to explain to you why, at least, I've been taking issue with your play so far:

You came into the game and made a few jokes about the whole Aeris username/role thing. That's fine. In fact, that's almost expected.
ProHawk asked questions about that, possibly misunderstanding, possibly seeing your jokes as posturing.
You and ProHawk walled back and forth over this for several pages.
I'm not saying that ProHawk gets off free for that.
I'm saying that it's awkward that you decided to wall up against ProHawk for the amount of time that you did.
Whenever I (and Feysal) brought up that you've been putting way too much effort into this ProHawk walling thing, you've just deflected by saying ProHawk is walling against you too.
It's obvious that ProHawk is walling against you, but it doesn't absolve you of your play so far.

The problem that I have that makes your play distinctively different from ProHawk's is how defensive you've gotten over the joke you made. You've put in a considerable amount of effort in telling ProHawk off, when it seems like it'd be much easier to just say "It was a joke." and leave it at that. The fact that you've gotten so flustered and put so much effort into your defense of self seems awkward in a few ways:
1. It actively is driving attention away from the game and putting focus on what could very likely be a 'null' argument.
2. It seems like an over-reaction if your original comments were just a joke; there is no need to be as defensive as you have.
3. You keep trying to handwave the legitimate criticisms people are bringing up, as if to box them all away as 'taking a joke too seriously' or 'sexist'.

Yes, ProHawk is guilty of the first point of those three, but I'm more interested in pushing you over him right now because you're guilty of points 1, 2, and 3.

Does that make sense?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #244 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, I guess you can also add a fourth point:
4. When these issues have been raised against you, your defense has been to deflect to ProHawk.

:/
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #248 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've explained why I was pushing you over ProHawk.
ProHawk's play is self-explanatory to me. The continued pushing of you is a distraction, I feel, but I'm not going to disparage any player for pushing something they find suspicious.
You walling back against ProHawk in the way you did while not focusing on much of the rest of the game was an issue that I found suspicious.

Here's a plan:
Let's drop this.
Why don't you give us some reads and let's focus on something other than the ProHawk/Aeris walling?
For instance, what do you think of the whole Mastin/Varsoon/Focus Beam thing?
Same goes for ProHawk.

P-EDIT:
@Jaqen: I want to see you engage a bit more with the game. That earlier catch up you had makes me feel way better about your slot. I was worried you'd coast out and I remember last time we rolled scum together.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #250 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 249, Seiko x Naomi wrote:so much scum
not enough rope

Elaborate.
Make your cases.
Etc.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seiko, I'm not scum-reading Aeris. Her defensive walling and tunneled focus seems to be a playstyle thing more than anything. Claim-softed seems town-motivated, but could come from a scum slot. Ultimately, just seems like a frazzled townie to me. I hoping she'll focus on something other than ProHawk and move onto paying attention to the whole of the game and giving as much effort and insight there as she has elsewhere. :P

@Aeris: Sorry. I'm not going to drag this game into the ground by acting like I care to give ProHawk a hard time over his questions. He was justifiably skeptical of your slot and your over-zealous defensive nature did not help. Why would I feign taking issue with ProHawk's questions? I'm still going to hold him accountable to engage with the whole of the game, don't worry about that.
Okay, we get it. You have reason to believe there are more than just two scum teams. Good. Cool. Maybe when you get back you'll realize that it's entirely rational to suspect someone who makes a joke and then puts several pages of work into defending their joke instead of focusing elsewhere.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #258 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was mostly tired of the fact that I came back to a game that was paragraphs and paragraphs of Pro pushing his (likely misguided) points and Aeris going "Nuh uh."
I figured that shit would bum the rest of town out--it made me not want to read much more of the game, and I typically am all for catching up instead of skimming or skipping.
So I wanted to do something to make that shit stop.
So I did.

I'm dense as a rock, motha'fucka.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #260 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Implode a star and you might get close to how dense I am,
but you've gotta be that dense to be able to create pure gold.
AMIRITE?

Oh, I like Jaqen's catchup. I dunno, if you wanna get more in-depth with it, I'd like that.
I also like Aeris for town, myself. I'd be surprised if she flips scum. Maybe Bulletproof SK? I could see that, too.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #262 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You give me too much credit!
I knew that if you couldn't be around and I kept a vote and some pressure on you, I could likely get you to show up and do things, hopefully alignment indicative things.
If anything, I know how good you are at syncing up with team-mates, coasting, and putting on scum theater. It's because of that that I laid an early vote on you and was hoping you'd get back to me on my vote.

<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #265 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3

I'm glad you're here.
I'm much less annoyed.
I was about to get angry and just default to only posting images of Godzilla as a response to anything.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #270 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

Because Mastin's reads look really fabricated and come at an awkward time in the game, seemingly just to get some townpoints. When called out on it, Mastin went all 'muh meta' and people shut up about it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #272 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm town, I'm willing to put my bets on scum between Mastin and Focus Beam.
More detail your take on ZZZX, Jaqen?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #275 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

You play the strongest towngame you've ever played in your life because no one can doubt your alignment.
If you do jack shit and coast, scum will keep you alive because you're confirmed not to be a threat to them where their kill could land on other useful town PRs.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #278 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

This may come as a surprise to you, Kaboose, but this game is multiball.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #283 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think it's cute that you think I'm cute.
We're all pretty damn cute and that's cute.

P-EDIT:
@FocusBeam: So... it's more than likely that scum will be pushing scum, even outside of bussing strategies.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #466 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I love Feysal, if only because he seems to be someone who gets it and isn't losing their shit over null tells and pedantic rubbish.
I'd like to back Feysal on the Free Stool Sample wagon, but I actually think Stool Sample's reasons for voting me aren't bad, just wrong.
But I really like one of mastin/FocusBeam for scum, and I really wanna push FocusBeam out because FocusBeam is just gonna get away anti-town and tunneling me for the rest of the game at this rate. Not cool, y'know.

Despite how much people have come out of the woodwork to be all "LOOK AT HOW FAST THIS FASTWAGON HAS NO RESISTANCE" in regards to Focus Beam, they're neglecting that the wagon has stalled out for the last ten pages and lost traction.

It really bugs me that Free Stool is building this narrative of " Varsoon is the guy in the back row with his hood up" while also acknowledging that there are worthwhile reasons for wagoning Focus Beam.

Basically, you guys had ten pages of posts while I was gone and not much happened and why haven't I or FocusBeam been lynched yet holy crap
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #467 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, TiP, you'll always be The Silky to me. <3
I
also
don't like Free Stool Sample's push on me, but I may be a biased party.
But at least I'm a party.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #468 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I just really don't like Focus Beam's fear mongering and reactionary tunneling.
The whole "WHEN I FLIP PLANET" thing is really pinging for me.
I dunno.
Maybe I'm the only one who sees it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #472 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@CB: I'm just playing what feels natural.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #484 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #487 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #491 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, dragging the game in the mud is literally doing nothing to solve it.
Please stop.

@Scorpius: I've given plenty of reasons to for my continued push on FocusBeam, so reducing it to just that post is a bit small in scope.
Aeris' play
is
distracting and she hasn't really done anything with those distractions. Sometimes people like to bait others into fluff in order to make some sort of point, but Aeris just seems to be focused on those fluff/distraction moments far more than the game--they don't seem to have any purpose as far as game play goes. I was hoping to figure out if there was some sort of gimmick, gambit, or trick there, but there's no real depth to that play. You're going to have to take it at face value.

@Aeris: With-holding the info you have seems to only hurt town. If scum has a janitor kill, we're especially screwed. Especially if you think you're likely to die, it's best to full-claim the info you have as soon as possible.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #497 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Off the top of my head, thinking of different groups:
The Planet (Confirmed)
ShinRa (Turks, Rufus, etc.)
Weapons (Technically Planet-aligned anyway)
Hojo (Likely third party?)
Sephiroth & Jenova (Makes sense as an anti-Planet group)
AVALANCHE (If Bork really wanted to make the flavor interact in absurd ways)
So on and so forth.
There are so many amalgamations of what could make up which factions that there's no use in use wasting a ton of time talking about it.

Let's just play the game at hand and not get caught up in flavor, flavor-speculation, debating sexism, etc.
That'd be really great.
That's what I'm trying to do.

P-EDIT:
Focusbeam would come into thread to talk mad shit at me for wanting town to have info. Mudsling and tunnel harder, scumshit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #500 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like, jesus fucking christ, Titus, Rolefishing? Really?
I'm asking only for the info that can help town to be full claimed so that we can have a legitimate thing to work off of.

Sorry for thinking about the fucking possibilities of what could be in this game based on meta-knowledge of other large themes and large themes that Bork has run.

Clearly, I'm rolefishing and a total scumfuck, right?

You have no clue how thin you run my patience with your "EVERYTHING YOU DO IS SCUMMY AND I WILL TRY TO MISREP EVERY POST YOU MAKE" tunneling bullshit, FocusBeam.
It's really annoying.

P-P-EDIT:
Can you please, please, stop being such a fucking annoyance? It's clear in BOTH those posts that I'm making a point to drive discussion away from flavor and flavor spec.
I fucking hate your guts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #501 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like, it's hard to keep my cool when I can't even write a singular post without having to deal with your shitflinging left and right.
Goddamn.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #502 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As much as I love you guys and think you're great players and all that, this shit bothers me to no end.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #505 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I understand it as a scum strat--it's the most fucking annoying scumstrat since Amrun pulled that shit in Death's Diner.
As town, though, that kinda shit would foster bad blood between people who care less.

I'm town and fuck you, I'm not going to replace out of this game despite this being exactly the last fucking thing I need.
I just want to play a chill as fuck game with Final Fantasy Flavor.

So fuck you, fuck your reductionist strat of handwaving everything I do as an 'appeal' or 'fishing' or 'scum' because fuck you I don't need this.

Goddamn there are not enough angry godzilla reactions pictures for how I am feeling
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #506 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #510 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

No, you don't get to project your shit play onto me.
You're the one who's constantly butting in, not to offer worthwhile discussion or engaging with multiple players (that's me), but to scum-paint me. Every time I see a post from you it's all "LOOK AT VARSOON ROLEFISHING" or "LOOK AT VARSOON CONTRADICTING HIMSELF" or some other equally annoying, frustrating, misrepresentative bullshit.

It's annoying because I'm town.
It's annoying because I know you're more astute than that, both of you.
It's annoying because I try to put in effort and I'm worried I'll be lynched because people care more about your sensationalist bullshit.
It's annoying because I hate being put in the position where scum thinks I'm a viable lynch.

I hate it, I hate when people push lame-as-fuck cases on me, and I don't want to direct that hate at you, but it's really damn hard to do.

So I'mma try to chill out, maybe eat something sweet, I don't know. But damn.
You know what the most fucking annoying thing is, though? People will read this post and be all "Good AtE, scumshit."
And that's what really pisses me off. I can't make a genuine post talking about what I really care about.
Maybe that shit strikes me deeply because that's how a lot of my shittier relationships ended when I was young; I would be really genuine with my feelings and forward with my emotions and people would just twist my truthfulness into whatever lie they wanted to believe in. I got fucked over a lot, and treated like trash despite putting in my best effort. Maybe that's what's being triggered here. I don't fuckin' know. I'm sure there's a load of stress and baggage that's a part of why I can't stand when players won't just engage with the truth of the game, but have to perpetuate lies and fling shit and be total assholes over things. I don't want to be an asshole. I just want to play a fun, deductive game, with neat flavor, run by a mod that's great, with players I think are cool. Why does it have to be more complex than that? Why do people have to shit on that?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #512 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Because it's the kind of thing that scum could claim.
By getting the full-claim on the table, we ensure a few possibilites:
1. It is far easier to publicly read Aeris, an issue that people seem to be polarized on.
2. The info that Aeris is sharing is more 'complete' and reliable because of its veracity.
3. It may serve the purpose of making Aeris less likely to be Nightkilled, as Aeris already claimed 'an information role' rather than an activated one, which, if Aeris is town (I'm pretty sure Aeris is town here) gives us an even greater chance of scum cross-killing.
4. It serves the purpose of giving town worthwhile info that we could actually use to help figure out the game rather than having to wait on an Aeris death-flip for it
5. It's something that can be checked pretty easily by a number of roles that could be in the game.
6. It would put an end to the pointless discussion surrounding Aeris' softclaim.

That's most of what I'm thinking, but, hey, fuck me, I'm a scumshit, hahaha, why care what I say, just lynch me, amirite?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #513 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If scum wants to obscure the info, they'll just keep Aeris alive or janitor kill her.
If scum kills Aeris, the info gets dropped anyway.
Ergo, it benefits town the most for Aeris to full-claim the information-related parts of her role.
Holy shit I guess I'm scum for being the only person who thinks this is reasonable, please daykill me now amirite?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #515 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

WOAH VARSOON LOOK AT THAT STRETCHING THINKING THERE COULD BE A JANITOR IN A CLOSED SETUP THAT MAY HAVE MORE THAN TWO SCUMTEAMS
HAHAHA FUCK YOU VARSOON CLEARLY YOU ARE SCUM FOR CONSIDERING THE POSSIBILITES
DIE SCUMFUCK DIE

@FocusBeam:
Follow the game:
It was modconfirmed there were AT LEAST 2 anti-town factions.
Aeris is claiming their role makes it fairly clear that there may be MORE THAN 2 anti-town factions.

Holy shit it's like you've been too busy tunneling me to read into why the Aeris thing is important.

Having mystery isn't better, BUT THAT IS SOMETHING SCUMSOON WOULD SAY, RIGHT? RIGHT?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #516 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Town wins off of lucky gambles, but, more often than not, town wins by playing a deductive game from the information they have.
Hindering the info town has is shitty and fucked up but hey, I'm rolefishing, so what the fuck do I know?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #517 (isolation #55) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Fuck you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #519 (isolation #56) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The you is pointed at me, obviously.

P-EDIT:
@FroggingMollie: Apparently so! Haha, it's okay, I'm scum as shit, so it's fine for FocusBeam to play like that, totally fine! Totally a-to-the-okay.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #521 (isolation #57) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think having definitive information on if we're dealing with at least 2 factions or at least 3 factions is fairly worthwhile.
But hey, fuck me, I'm just trying to rolefish a fullclaim 'cus I'm scum, so why even bother discussing this?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #524 (isolation #58) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm just going to have an aneurysm over here, brb.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #559 (isolation #59) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mastin, I'm not cool with you saying that all the other votes on the Titus wagon are policy votes. :l

I'm also not cool with you agreeing with FocusBeam's 'logic' that town doesn't contradict themselves when changing votes. Town contradict themselves just as much as scum. Maybe if we lived in some idyllic world where every townie played a clear-cut game, but that's not the reality of the situation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #568 (isolation #60) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

/confirmed for not mattering
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #572 (isolation #61) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
I'll stick with it, man.
I want games to be fun and, well, 'games'.
I'm trying to chill out and just see this as a game, y'know?
To engage with it like a game. That's what's important.

But yeah, I'm confident in my push. Titus' reactions are whack. I'd like the first day to end really quick, too. I hate those drawn out days. I think everyone does.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #576 (isolation #62) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I wouldn't pride myself over lack of read-ability. If I find any pride in mafia, it's that I somehow came out of a game with less people hating my guts than going in.
You're some riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Yaaaay.

Let's stop talking about all this playstyle bullshit and focus on the game at hand, please.
These sorts of distractions are the sorts of things that'll lead to a game that's no fun to read.
Let the game breathe a bit.
You don't have to respond to everything and you don't have to get caught up in these long-winded tangentially related novels-of-a-conversation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #895 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I missed out on quite a few pages.
Thoughts:

The Focusbeam wagon needs more votes, and the Jaqen wagon that surged up isn't really going anywhere.

FocusBeam is null-reading me in the same page that they're still dropping that "Contradictory talking about flavor after saying not to talk about flavor" post. (Nevermind that my 'flavor' post was meant to illustrate the idea that the flavor isn't worth speculating over and could accommodate several scum factions and I followed it up by saying that we really shouldn't discuss flavor)

I'm glad that someone feels affected by the Godzilla.

TiP feeling left out is cute. I'll talk to you, TiP!

Bulbazak's entry is saddening, if only because I'm town and I have a strong townread on Aeris.

Feysal's continuing to make tons of sense to me and comes off as really towny.

ProHawk avoiding my wagon for (meta) reasons seems like a strong move, regardless of align.

Titus will flay me for it, but I could see Cait Sith in a traitor role. Honestly, a lot of characters could fit the 'traitor' role here. Meanwhile, I actually like Jaqen's claim. It aligns with an earlier crumb about bugenhagen being upset if he were to die. Oh. And now that I look at it, Jaqen actually pointed out those crumbs.

I've got bad/pinging scum vibes from Antagonist. Just weird fence-sitting from that slot? Hm.

I won't be around much in the next few days. Just gonna be really busy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #899 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm town here, for whatever that's worth.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #904 (isolation #65) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm all aboard.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #917 (isolation #66) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

:l
I think that making it an equation is troublesome because some people can't into math.

If I'm reading it correctly:
There are at least two anti-town factions and each of those two has at least two members.
If there are more than two anti-town factions, the previous is true, but the third faction could possibly have 1 member in it.
So on and so forth.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #919 (isolation #67) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm not going back on this read short of mod confirmation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #921 (isolation #68) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I really kinda want to die just to see how Bork designed the setup.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #925 (isolation #69) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

People sometimes want to address specific hydra heads.
The heads of each hydra are named in the opening post.
It can be confusing, and for that reason I've tried to stick to using hydra names unless I am specific about certain heads, etc.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #928 (isolation #70) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

I agree that referring to a slot as anything but their name can be a distraction.
However, I don't think it's unreasonable to talk about certain heads of hydras or to address specific hydra heads.
Trust me, I had the same issues in the first large game I was a part of.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #930 (isolation #71) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

I agree that there's not much coming from the Fresh slot.
I know it might be a bit early or difficult, but if you could provide a reads list with at least a single sentence explaining each read, it'd serve as a strong indicator of what you're seeing happening. Usually, I use reads lists like this to see how a player's thought process works or if they've made any awkward changes in how they think/what their reads are. Since you're confirmed town, though, it'll be helpful just to have a conf-town voice calling the game as they see it. Also, it'll give me some insight into your process.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #950 (isolation #72) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll 1v1 you, but don't expect much rage.
I already had a stress-induced breakdown. I'm zen now. c:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #953 (isolation #73) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't really want to lynch Jaqen, though.

Why are you so mean?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #958 (isolation #74) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I... don't think I've painted the slot as just being 'Titus' at all. I've referred to you a few times, but, honestly, I'm addressing you guys as FocusBeam and thinking of you as FocusBeam more than I think most other players are.

Players keep saying I have an ego, but I honestly think I'm pretty shit. And when I say, "Guys, I am pretty shit at this game," people call it AtE. :/

I've been trying to make a lynch out of you playing awkwardly and making poor/scummy pushes and having some moments of inconsistency. I don't think I've ever said I'm wagoning you because you're aggressive/mean. That's just me being like, "Aww."

I didn't want to lynch you at the very start of the game because I figured you'd be easier to sort out later on--this is something that's been clear to me in previous games with both of your heads. You then started scumming it up and I decided that you'd be just fine as a D1 lynch. Thanks for parroting this non-point against me. It's crazy; It's like I had a change of heart based on the context of the game and people (ie: you) have been taking that out of its context and original intent in order to fabricate reasons to justify my lynch.

Also, I know you two are clever enough players to play against meta and contrary to typical notions of 'this is scum' or 'this is town'. Right now, your directness feels very feigned--stemming from a direct need to push a strong counterwagon and look town for it. Maybe that's my bias speaking since I'm pretty sold on my scum-read of you. I'd rather err on the sake of caution, though.

You're doing a lot of grand-standing and premature defending in those last few posts. Why are you being so defensive?
I guess if Jaqen got lynched and flipped out town, it'd reflect really poorly on you and we'd eventually have this conflict down the road anyway.
So I suppose this 1v1 is inevitable
So yeah.
Okay.

I think you can be an aggressive/straightforward player and still be very chill and cool and stuff. You don't have to make people angry. <3
Like, I'm cool as a cucumber right now.
Let's powwow sometime.
I think a dialogue will do us good.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #959 (isolation #75) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

Singer, I'll just be straightforward with you, just this once, maybe. Here we go.

I'm town in this game.
Please stop doubting that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #970 (isolation #76) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

Now I'm having some serious second thoughts about the FocusBeam thing, if only because of the replace-out mention and how seriously they're taking this.

Glad to see the reads, Scorp. Do you typically baseline-read players as scum?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #972 (isolation #77) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's all good, man.
While one of the problems with that approach is that it's easier to buy into early mislynches, it does hold players to a higher standard of 'earning' their town status.
I think it may be more useful to start with a town-basis, if only due to 75% of players being town in most games. You'll at least be more 'correct'. :P

Regardless, it's helpful to know.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #977 (isolation #78) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3 FocusBeam
If it's worth anything, I think you're both a lot of fun to play with and regardless of alignment, you've made this D1 interesting and fun and involved for me.
I hope that I don't contribute to the whole toxic thing, yo.

Anyway, game-first: I don't really feel like getting bogged down in the he-said she-said kinda thing, if you know what I mean. It feels like we could easily get entangled in another 40 pages where it's just me saying "No, it's like this" and you going "No, it's like this" ad nauseam.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #980 (isolation #79) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm town, though.

And you're too much a liability from my PoV given play so far.
Does that make sense?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #985 (isolation #80) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't know your alignment. While you could be town, you could also very easily be scum. If I was on a scum team, I would not kill you because of how D1 has gone so far.
Ergo, you're the kind of slot that is ensured survivability, which is bad for town, because we want a cross-kill.
Furthermore, if you're not lynched now, short of mod-confirmation (fuck godfather, seriously), you'll always be a contender for lynch, imo.
That's problematic.
That's too much of a liability.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #988 (isolation #81) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Mastin, yo.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1032 (isolation #82) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

blah blah blah the same stuff people have been saying about mastin blah blah

Guys I really think the blah blah meta is catchi--blah blah blah
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1033 (isolation #83) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

It bugs me that FocusBeam was all gung-ho about a 1v1 and is not trying to corral for lynches outside the FocusB v Varsoon dichotomy. Uh, blah blah.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1042 (isolation #84) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't see how that post is ignoring you, FocusBeam.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1048 (isolation #85) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

I can't even follow
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1050 (isolation #86) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

Lyncher is a joke, go home.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1053 (isolation #87) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Keep trying to draw the kill/those night actions, FrogMollie.

@FocusB:
Because she's probably scum? Or trying to get you lynched, poorly?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1057 (isolation #88) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, it's nuts, almost like there will be a bunch of bad cases in a large multiball.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1059 (isolation #89) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

If I had a kill, I wouldn't use it on you, sweet-pea.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1142 (isolation #90) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Did you say that I instigated our 1v1?
Which... wasn't even a 1v1?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1161 (isolation #91) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm gonna hold stalwart on this because I'm bad.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1353 (isolation #92) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I am around. More of a prodge here though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1360 (isolation #93) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, hey, that focus beam wagon is looking strong again.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1377 (isolation #94) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aww. I'll miss you, Sala. We'll be rivals in some other game, yeah?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1381 (isolation #95) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Honestly, I'm feeling really good.
It's like a moment of clarity beyond all the stress and rubbish from last week.
My life is chaos right now.
I may not have a home to live at in the next two weeks.
But I have to have confidence that all things will work out.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1385 (isolation #96) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Maybe PM me about that, then.

As for the game:
I'm not crazy about the Psychlone wagon, although I suppose I understand why it exists. It feels like a fairly easy push to make, but, then again, I thought FocusBeam would be the same and we're at 55 pages of stall-and-go.

I agree that wagons should consolidate down and we should figure out a lynch that people can be happy with.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1393 (isolation #97) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Titus, I'm sorry if I came on too strong or if a lot of the people pushing your wagon are making things unfun for you.

Honestly, I'm second-guessing my scumread on you given how much you seem bummed out by all this.
I really don't think you'd care this much about being wagoned day 1 in a scum game.
So I'm having a lot of conflicting feelings about your wagon now. :/
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1395 (isolation #98) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think, at least, maybe we can discuss the game independent of your wagon. I want to know what you think of other players and I'd like to be able to answer questions for you, too.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1583 (isolation #99) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry guys, I've been super absent from everything lately.
I've been trying to catch up but I can't really add much at this point.
Why the seiko wagon?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1589 (isolation #100) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Titus:
At this point I don't feel strongly about any wagon, actually. I've been too far from the game for too long if that makes sense.
Can you find me some posts from Seiko that really spell this out? Please don't take them out of their contexts.
It'll help your whole Seiko case if you're right, and if you're wrong, well, hey, that's cool too.
I'm just trying to get a handle on wtf is going on.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1949 (isolation #101) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Prodge,
Don't have much to add.
I'm glad Titus has gotten a lot of content on the table regardless of what the lynch ends up as.
Why this took 80 pages, I'll never know.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1953 (isolation #102) » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Can we possibly, possibly have a lynch on not-titus at this point?
I'd support it.

I've been really spread thin in life. I should probably re/out all my games, but that seems like a lame move to make.
No, Titus, that's what I'm saying. Your posts are content-thick all through the game.
I'm complaining that if we were just gonna lynch you, why it took 80 pages
It did not take 80 pages for you to produce content
I just always thought the content you were producing was coming from a scum-place
/shrugs and hugs
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2015 (isolation #103) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

Don't get Fresh with him.
:D
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2022 (isolation #104) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

Wait, your push on me wasn't a push?
D:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2024 (isolation #105) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

;_;
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2026 (isolation #106) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

I see a problem.
We haven't hit a lynch yet, dawwwwg.

VOTE: Psychlone
WHAT WHAT
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2032 (isolation #107) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Seiko
WOAH
HOAW
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2033 (isolation #108) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

(I'm sorry, for anyone watching this at home. I just want to ensure that I'll live a bit longer, so this is the easiest way to ramp my chances of survival.)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2035 (isolation #109) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

I assure you, I'm town.
I'm just not quite sure Titus is the best lynch?
I don't know. Hmmmm.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2139 (isolation #110) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Flubber, once again, wants my soul.
Now I have to go through the process of discerning if that's flubber-scum keeping my lynch on the table or flubber-town being unable to read me.

Humho.

Guys, I don't feel like I have much to contribute. I'm moving out of my apartment this week, so I'll be V/LA about a week from now and kinda limited access for the time between.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2254 (isolation #111) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

I read the seiko case, yo dawg.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2272 (isolation #112) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

I <3 everyone.
I was just voting you, Seiko, because I think Titus will flip town now. It is hard for me to read Titus' recent play as scum, but, y'know, fuck it, maybe I'm wrong.
Let's see if I am wrong and you are right, or if I'm right and you're a big jerk for criticizing me/scumreading me.

VOTE: Titus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2273 (isolation #113) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Let's just lynch a bunch of people so that we don't have to deal with this
Game thins out and then its easier to focus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2277 (isolation #114) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

I do what I do when I do.
Now if we get a Planet flip out this Titus slot, I'll be like, "See! See! Dummies!"
and if we get a scum flip, I'll be all, "Damn, I guess I was wrong."
But for real, I'm tired of the fact every single large has to have some 100 page D1. :/
It doesn't help town.
It barely helps scum.
It's just masturbatory.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2286 (isolation #115) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

;_;
BeefyBork made me tear up when reading this flavor
Screw you man
hitting me in my emotions and shit
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2313 (isolation #116) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Told you dummies that Titus is town.
No one ever listens to Varsoon. :l
(With good reason)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2324 (isolation #117) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Fresh

I'll kill you if this turns out P-sided.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2331 (isolation #118) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'd say 'come at me, pro' but you already did.
I'm kinda apathetic in all my games. I'm graduating, moving out, stressed out, and spread thin. Space Dandy Mafia just ended, etc.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2357 (isolation #119) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

'cus of reasons.
Trust.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2494 (isolation #120) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

I should really go back and read all of Titus' shiz, but, honestly, imo, Titus gets really entrenched and biased and rides that bias to the fucking bank.
I'd be good with a Seiko lynch to clear the waters, but yeah.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2500 (isolation #121) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'd be G with a bulba push, tbh.
First commendable thing I can recall the Stool Sample slot doing.
Good stuff.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2602 (isolation #122) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Welp, Seiko confirmed for scum for wanting a push on ,e
woop and woop.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2680 (isolation #123) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2687 (isolation #124) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Please.
As in, please lynch me out of this game.
I've got to move this weekend and I won't be around anyway.
It'd be a lot of stress of play out of mind, etc.
Plus, I dunno, maybe this town is good enough to figure out some shit based on my lynch.
Nevermind that I was all for lynching anyone but Titus. Nevermind that I, repeated times, said that Titus would not bust out all that play if scum.

The worst thing is you guys aren't even going back to re-read what Titus wrote.
I hate being treated that way in games,
dispensable, nothing I write matters even after I'm mislynched.

It's proof of a town with their heads up their asses
They can't read and don't care to because all they can see is rectum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2688 (isolation #125) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm of the opinion that we should lynch Seiko or look at Titus' wagon far more.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2700 (isolation #126) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2691, The Antagonist wrote:
In post 2688, Varsoon wrote:I'm of the opinion that we should lynch Seiko or look at Titus' wagon far more.

and your not doing it becasue?

I'm moving out. I watched all of Wakfu with my room-mate today because I'll probably never see him again and because I sold him on the concept.
Holy crap why am I not running Wakfu mafia?
Holy crap designing a Wakfu theme game NOW.

Also, I'm lazy.
Also, I don't put much stock into my own worth as a mafia player.
Also, no one gives a damn about what I write this game and this game is already dominated by walls no one is paying attention to.
It'd be worthless for me to do it alone. That's why I'm asking for the game, as a whole, to do that shit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2701 (isolation #127) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

RE: the whole back-and-forth aeris thing, etc.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2717 (isolation #128) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think you're cool mollie but yeah I dunno, I'd lynch me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2718 (isolation #129) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

All these people saying they like Bulba as town here and I'm like
Eeeeeh
Dude feels scum to me
I'm just sayin'.
There's some stuff that pings.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2721 (isolation #130) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I wish I was important.
Guess I'll duck my head until lylo and lynch the wrong person.
humho
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2725 (isolation #131) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seiko what do you think of what I've mentioned about you being a scumbutt this game?

Like jeeze talk about me as if I'm not here some more
jerkface
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2729 (isolation #132) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Titus had like a whole huge case thing. Calling it just an OMGUS is shitty and scum of you, don't do that.

You're getting super defensive over me just being like, "Hey! Hey! You're scum!"
I'm a literal non-voice in this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2731 (isolation #133) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Off the top of my head, these things:

In post 846, Bulbazak wrote:Titus, Aeris, and Varsoon are scum. Titus and Aeris are scum together. Varsoon is on the other team. Mollie, Mastin, Pie-hydra, and ProHawk are town. Those are my strong reads. The rest I'm still sorting one way or the other.

In post 1279, Bulbazak wrote:Bad Mastin! Put your vote back on scum.

I dunno. He just gives me the heebie jeebies. There's this sort of treading in a lot of posts like "Is this an okay push to make, guys? mmmmm" and I don't know. I just eh.
It's nothing damning. Just gut.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2732 (isolation #134) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I actually didn't see what Pie said, I don't think

You've gotta do something special with the whole stupid 90 page d1 for a mislynch on the person who wanted you lynched the most out of all their reads.
Look, hey, it's whatever.
I'm fucking useless this game, so you should probably just default back to ignoring me.
Even if I think you're scum, you're right. I can't do shit about it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2735 (isolation #135) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Link the post you're talking about
I have shit for memory and even worse, I haven't been reading a lot of this game

I feel like Titus was definitely biased but the certainty of her read on you is worth following alone.
See, this way, if you flip scum, I can be happy
but if you flip town, then you can laugh forever at Titus in the dead thread, all like, "Look at you! look at how wrong you were! So wrong!"
So really you getting lynched is like a win/win unless you're scum, right?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2737 (isolation #136) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Null to me, fam
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2739 (isolation #137) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I don't need reasons where I'm headed.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2740 (isolation #138) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like, level with me, please.
What makes sense from town-varsoon?

'cus iirc, scum varsoon is the dude with all the 'reasons'. Town varsoon is the dude who sucks shit, gets blacklisted, and kills himself.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2742 (isolation #139) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Gut.
I don't like how you pushed Titus.
I don't like that you were adamant even when I was all about stopping the Titus wagon.
I don't like that you're lobbing fireballs still now.
It just feels like scum play
From a scum person
I could be wrong
I probably am
so I will
keep
short
wrds
heh
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2754 (isolation #140) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm town, pope.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2759 (isolation #141) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm V/LA until I get moved in to my new home. Maybe on 8/10/2015
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2766 (isolation #142) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Bulba, who is hopefully aware I'm on V/LA, is trying to push a lynch on me.
What a total dick.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2776 (isolation #143) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Bulba: My point is that you shouldn't blame my limited access on game-related shit.
Also, I'm town, so, get off my back.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2799 (isolation #144) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Pscyhlone

Following Mollie because y'know

I actually would be really good with an antihero lynch.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2801 (isolation #145) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Well now that we have a kaboose on-board is it appropriate to say
chooo chooooo
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2805 (isolation #146) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh man, you pay a tight-knit game and people say you're tense,
you play off-the-cuff and genuinely and people say you're doing a voice,
I just can't win for tryin'.
I'll save you the trouble of this whole 'If Varsoon town, Bubla scum' mislynch territory and tell you straight up
I'm town, Bulba's almost certainly scum, I can't get the lynch to go there without revealing too much info, etc.

People could just trust me, but people are lame and it's a closed setup so there's a margin of error that I am not comfortable with anyway.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2814 (isolation #147) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Stool: No. I'm not outing myself and I don't think town is in such straights that we can't spend the day doing a little scum-hunting.
If I die, my flip will make things obvious and then you can lynch Bulba with that info from there.
Does that make sense?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2864 (isolation #148) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Well, I've fallen out of mastin's good graces.
/gg
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2883 (isolation #149) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I read that and thought you meant the player GiF actually killed themselves and I had a really tragic moment and then I realized you're probably just referring to something GiF said in thread.
Right?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2888 (isolation #150) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

did it not post my post?
I wrote
I was genuinely confused.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2926 (isolation #151) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You can stop pushing this 'Varsoon is a viable lynch' nonsense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2930 (isolation #152) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm fine with dying, but I'd rather be alive and I'd definitely prefer if town took a chance on lynching scum rather than having to PoE through me first.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2934 (isolation #153) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In Saki mafia, I was more sure of myself and felt that if town donked up and mislynched me they could possibly lose over it.
Here, even if I die, my flip still helps town out and I think you guys are good enough to win after a mislynch on me.
Also, I'm really worn out over moving and people aren't as blind about their PoE stuff here.
In Saki, players were advocating PoE solving literally everything :/
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2938 (isolation #154) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Because PoE in that game was being done on assumptions that players were claiming truthfully. If Elbirn was lying, we were fucked.
There was no way we could know if you were an SK or not in that setup either.
This town isn't advocating a stupid we-all-lose PoE if we got anything wrong.

As for the other questions, please actually read my iso.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3020 (isolation #155) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Bulba: You're bad at reading. Keep your own posturing up, I guess.

@Cerb: Honestly, it's been a ton of time IRL and I don't write stuff down for games. So... I dunno. I think I didn't like how gleefully mastin and focusbeam were about lining up to lynch whoever. I had a lot of problems with FocusBeam's waffle on me and awkward situating of 'LETS 1v1 VARSOON!' and "I never pushed a Varsoon" and stuff. I still think we should lynch Mastin.

Oh, hey, FSS is a good lynch.
So is Seiko.
So let's do those.

VOTE: Free Stool Sample

People who want to lynch me are the worst.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3024 (isolation #156) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also, jeeze, since people don't seem to know how to read crumbs;
I have a soft-guilty on Bulba.
For people too dense to read that.
We're not lynching Bulba though, because this is a closed setup and I can think of a few reasons why my action got the results it did that don't necessarily mean Bulba-scum.
Also, we're in multiball anyway, so I want to take the chance to actually see scumhunting, rhetoric, etc. We might get lucky and yield scum on a lynch AND still have this info.
If I die because of this, that's okay, because my roleflip will convey any info that I haven't shared here, so, y'know, that's good.
But if I don't die, maybe I can actually clear some people and get more info.
So that's good too.

@Cerb: I'm not very great at this whole mafia game. I don't know why people think otherwise. I'm usually kept around as town because I'm a liability and I usually have to resign to insane high-stakes gambits at scum because I am bad at keeping myself hidden.

Nah, I'm not moved in yet. Right now I'm at my parent's house, which is about five hours from where I'm moving to. I'm spending a few more days here to see some old friends and stuff, then rolling out.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3028 (isolation #157) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm Reeve, by the way. He's the guy in ShinRa that controls Cait Sith.
I had a REALLY dumb crumb for that flavor that I'm embarrassed of so I'm not gonna point it out.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3030 (isolation #158) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

Being a cool dude?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3035 (isolation #159) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't care to know Bulba's role. I'm not trying to get a claim from him or anything like that. Just trying to put the info I have in the public sphere while I'm still alive.

I thought at first maybe Cait Sith exists and enables my role or something. Mite b cool.

I still gloat a lot and act all full of myself sometimes, but I'm really more along for the ride than I am confident in my ability to carry a game.
I'll pitch in what I can and I sometimes get very stubborn/confident in my reads, but that's that. I think a lot of people get the idea I think I'm god's gift to mafia with how I've carried myself in the past. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3039 (isolation #160) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

My role doesn't mention anything about enablers, so I eventually figured otherwise, but, yeah, flavor.

In the game, Reeve works for the corrupt organization called ShinRa. Reeve remote controls a giant doll called Cait Sith and uses it to infiltrate the protagonist's party. He betrays them early on, but ultimately sides with them in defending the planet, even sacrificing Cait Sith in order to help out the cause. Of course, they just build a replacement one.

So, Reeve is an undercover character who is in the shadows most of the time and operates via a robot called Cait Sith.
I figured that there might be someone in game playing Cait Sith, and their role might be tied to mine somehow.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3043 (isolation #161) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Mollie:
The whole enabler thing was only an idea I had before the game started, when I first saw my role PM.
I quickly figured that if my role PM didn't mention an enabler, it probably didn't exist.
All my stuff with bulba is independent of that.
I'm not 'scum hunting' because I've been fucking V/LA and literally moving across the country for the last several days.
I'm also really deflated because I knew Titus was town and you all lynched Titus anyway and there's more than one player giving me shit and saying fuck you to every point I make
So I'm not really excited or into this game right now
So stop fucking being like "LOL YOU ARE DOING NOTHING"
Cus the fact I even have mafiascum open right now is a stress I could easily close off
I'm here, and it bugs me when players shit all over me for trying to edge in some input
so stop that shit.
Plz
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3109 (isolation #162) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Fight the literal IC's guilty push harder.
Jeeze. We've got plenty of pages.
End the day.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3111 (isolation #163) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh hey Seiko remember when I said
the same shit
about Titus and you blew it off and everyone lynched Titus anyway
And then today when I was all, "Hey, I said Titus was town, that was a dumb lynch," you, iirc, gave me shit for that observation
So uh
I don't know what you're doing, but I've got a ton of poop leftover from that Mahjong Anime Girl mafia game and I still really want to rub it into someone's face.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3184 (isolation #164) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Moved in but about to sleep.
more later, maybe?
Glad I made it to today.
Not surprised at all that Cloud is a scum-flip.
Bork loves doing that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3187 (isolation #165) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Gonna back prohawk on this, actually factually
VOTE: Mastin2
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3190 (isolation #166) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think his reaction to me was hyper defensive and the fact we're both alive right now proooobably makes him scum?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3195 (isolation #167) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm actually really interested in mastin's reaction,
otherwise, yeah, I'd be on that bulba wagon too.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3197 (isolation #168) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, hiploop, why do you want ZZZX dead?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3200 (isolation #169) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Go with what you believe in, dude.
You don't need to broadcast the decision.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3208 (isolation #170) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

@ZZZX: I mean that you don't need to broadcast the whole 'oh me oh my who do I vote for' process.
It's awkward, I dunno that it gets us anywhere.
Just vote for dudes.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3222 (isolation #171) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: saint
If you thought cloud would be town, you're goof-troop.
In Xenogears Mafia, Fei was scum-traitor, too.
Considering that Cloud only ever helps Jenova's agenda and that it's actually Aeris that saves the planet, it also fits theme-wise.

So I think it's cool, dawg.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3227 (isolation #172) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

What and why?
I'm bothered that we both softed and we're both still alive.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3257 (isolation #173) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'll be clear:
I will push whoever, whenever.
My reads may change drastically from one post to the next, especially when there's new info to consider.
Just because you aren't privy to that info or haven't picked up on it doesn't mean I have to sit here and go on and on about what informs my reads and pushes.
Scum need that sort of 'backup', that sort of 'logic', so they seem infallible and town.
Town doesn't need to fall back on the gimmick of having to be able to explain literally every move they make.

Bulba being so belligerent on engaging ZZZX over flavor is also a ping for me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3278 (isolation #174) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

*cough* She went to the temple of the ancients to sacrifice herself, become part of the lifestream, and then use holy. Dying was a part of her plan all along, man.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3284 (isolation #175) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Bulba: Make your questions bold and more question-like? I dunno, man.
If you're all bum about that interaction on Titus, I don't even remember being a part of Titus' lynch wagon at the end of day, but I guess I was, so I probably rejoined just so we wouldn't have a no-lynch and because I wasn't 100% sure of Titus. Regardless, I tried to stop the Titus wagon and other people kept pushing it. Among those most vigilant on that push was Seiko. Titus flipped town, like I said Titus would. Ergo, I wanna lynch Seiko. It's not that hard to understand. If that's the kind of thing that stumps you, you're gonna be scratching your head about my play way more for the rest of the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3286 (isolation #176) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Bulba, scum-claim harder.
That's not my scum meta at all.
Furthermore, a lot of that is just a straight up lie/misrep.
I'm not dying any time soon because I got a guilty on you and didn't use it to push an insta-lynch on your ass D1, so the strongest play you have now is to undermine our role interactions while scum-pushing me and never killing me. Fuckin' easy.
There's no way we're both town, given the kills. I can understand the Cephrir kill given his soft into the lynch on Palmer, but you'd think one of us would be the next target, wouldn't you?

Also, who actually pointed out that Cephrir interaction with Scorp, 'cus I remember it happening but didn't put together that it enabled a cop. If we can get a list of the people who definitely prove they 'saw' what was happening, that'd be a decent headway into informing who might be a part of ShinRa.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3287 (isolation #177) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I legit don't know if you've ever seen me play as town, but I think you're confusing me playing like crap for me being a sneaky scumlord.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3288 (isolation #178) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

IE: giving me too much credit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3290 (isolation #179) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So, do I get to rub poop in your face when you're wrong?

As for your question there:
I'm not sharing more about my role right now. Kill me and find out, I guess?
:l
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3292 (isolation #180) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Look, man, I'm trying to figure this out.
The result (singular, mind you) that I have on your indicates scum to me but could be town given the setup.
I don't want to just insta-lynch you because if you are town, you're a strong asset.
If I was SURE you were scum, I'd be pushing you and crying guilty to the bank.
I'm not, though. I'm just not sure what the hell to think.
But then we're both alive after both of us softing and two kills going through, so
that further frustrates things for me.
And then you're pushing this whole rubbish case on me that I know is legit biased/untrue,
which frustrates things a bit more for me.
Say what you will, but at least I didn't try to push a bullshit case on you.
I always was just trying to figure shit out.

If I was scum, why wouldn't I have just fucking killed you? Unless I'm ShinRa, I guess, but then why would a ShinRa player be given Rufus as a fake claim? :/

I hope I just catch a kill tonight, though. I don't think I can help town that much.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3294 (isolation #181) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

True, although Reeve is far more on the Planet's side than any ShinRa character. If I had to call the flavor for ShinRa, I'd say it might be Rufus, Palmer, and Hojo. Scarlet and Heidegger are also candidates, as is Tseng and the Turks. I could see the Turks, Tseng, and Rufus all as Planet-side flips and Hojo as a Meteor-side flip, though, so maybe I shouldn't flavor spec. Regardless.

I'm not really scum-reading ZZZX from your interactions, tbh.
ESPECIALLY since I can see how wrong you are in your write-ups of why you think I'm scum.
I think you're seeing play and attributing it to meaning a player is scum, which then paints how you continue to interpret that play.
At the very least, I can see you doing that to me, which bothers me when it comes to your other scum reads.
I'd be way more confident if your role has a negative yield on ZZZX, but you haven't claimed that at all, so, /shrug.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3322 (isolation #182) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Varsoon »

This makes me want to lynch Bubla more now. :/

Do you think one of Mollie, Antognist, and/or Hiplop could be scum?
I'm not seeing a scum Feysal.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3326 (isolation #183) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Bulba: You be rolefishin', brah.
But yes, the double-claimed protectives is bothering me too.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3335 (isolation #184) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

Wait, Feysal died?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3361 (isolation #185) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm digging your recent posts, Mastin. Strong stuff, strikes me as town.

Anyways, I'm not entirely sure about your reads.
Can you actually explain the Mollie one to me?
'cus it bugs me that Mollie is scum-reading me based on Bulba's liiiiiiiies
You should also go over your Prohawk scumread, 'cus I'm not seeing scum there either but, uh
I'm a baddie.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3381 (isolation #186) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3362, pirate mollie wrote:
that isn't why i am scumreading you varsoona, if you are confused about something, ask me about it. but if you want a bit more as to why I am good with lynching you its cos of little things like you are "100% DIE BULBA!SCUM DIE" while...not voting him. that you are questioning mastina's townread on me but not bulba who...is your top scumread.

Except... that's literally not at all an accurate representation of my points on Bulba. At all.
I've always said that I've got a soft scumread on Bulba with results that could point to scum but could also indicate otherwise.
I've been REALLY fucking explicit about this.
Never once have I said Bulba is 100% absolutely scum.
I said I am 'pretty certain' and that my death will clear things up and, to quote, "I have a soft-guilty on Bulba.
For people too dense to read that.
We're not lynching Bulba though, because this is a closed setup and I can think of a few reasons why my action got the results it did that don't necessarily mean Bulba-scum."
Further-fucking-more, IF YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POSTS INSTEAD OF BEING A TOTAL JERK, you'd know I'm scumreading Bulba for several more reasons than that.
I'm asking MASTIN about MASTIN's reads. Get off my back. If I don't play the game to your tune, it doesn't make me scum, it just means I'm different. Lay off. It's fucking annoying when a player (who I know is really good) lies about my play and gives me shit over something pedantic like this. I'm forced to either assume they are scum roasting me 'cus I'm a weak sack-of-shit-easy-PR-mislynch or they're town acting like a jackass to rile me up. Seriously, it's frustrating as hell.

I'd also be really good with a lynch on Seiko, because Seiko wants to lynch the fucking town investigative.
Dumbass.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3384 (isolation #187) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, to further drive my goddamn point, I understand why Mastin is town-reading Bulbazak. It makes tons of sense to me, so I'm not going to be contrary and shitty and be all "BUT I THINK HE IS SCUM WHY DO YOU SEE HIM AS TOWN?"
I'm questioning the reads I don't understand, which will hopefully help me get a better handle on the game, understand some insight on those players, and further understand Mastin's process.

So, again, lay the fuck off.

P-EDIT:
Mollie, no. You're baiting role claims with your insistence on us 'sorting this out today' because you should know that the very nature of Bulba and my dispute trails back to role interactions between us.
Furthermore, we've been outspoken about why both of us are avoiding wagoning each other.
You trying to stir the pot on this and frustrate tensions is scummy as fuck.
VOTE: Mollie

I'd also be good with a Seiko lynch.

P-P-EDIT:
READ MY ISO AND MAYBE THEN IT'LL ACTUALLY BE CLEAR BECAUSE WE ALREADY WENT OVER THIS AT LEAST ONCE, MMMKAY?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3385 (isolation #188) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You keep trying to get more and more info out of me.
I've already shared literally all the info I need to share to aid town and hinder scum at this point.
Get dunked on.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3387 (isolation #189) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

What makes mollie town?
I'm pretty sure her either not reading/feigned ignorance/push for me to out more info is literally terrible.
I like ZZZX a lot as a player, but you guys are right, he's been super lurky in this game. I need to check his ISO before I jump on a wagon, just to make sure I'm okay with it, though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3390 (isolation #190) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

NO.
I'm not outing more info, and it's not a fucking scumclaim to keep my cards to my chest.
If I am killed, my role will be obvious and you guys can all discuss the results that I've shared in-thread and all that shit.
If I get a result that's 100% for sure a guilty, I'll communicate that to town, but that's not what I have right now, so I'm staying tight-lipped about my role.
So you can rightly fuck off with that "WE WILL LYNCH YOU FOR SCUMCLAIMING" bullshit you're pulling, trying to lord your veteran status over me and shit with this "this is mafia town play 101!" shit. Fuck off.
Leave me alone.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3392 (isolation #191) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Have you played with mollie a lot in a multiball setup?
Most scum just play their towngame in a multiball, acting as if they are just hunting the other team.
So I don't think 'lol meta' is very indicative of alignment here, unless you have extensive multiball-meta knowledge of mollie.
Because as far as I am concerned, mollie's really scummy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3397 (isolation #192) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I don't see why you brought up the special snowflake line. I know that I'm not. What prompted you to even write that?
I'm not outing my role or my uses, especially to you.
But, hey, thanks for scum-claiming to me, because follow this:
You're pushing this idea that I have no actual role.
Why, as town, would you push that?
As town, it's much smarter to insist I have that role if you suspect that I do not, because then maybe a scum team will waste a kill on me in this hypothetical VT scenario.
But, no, you're not doing that.
You're trying to get me to fullclaim, when I've already insisted that what I've claimed so far is the most helpful info I can give to town.
The only reason you could want me to claim right now is if you are scum. Only scum would want me to claim in this scenario, ESPECIALLY given that you're insisting I'm VT here.
So, hey,
Mollie's scum.
I know it's impossible to get a lynch on you because you're 'a special snowflake' and 'far more important than me', but I'll be voting you every day until I either clear your alignment or one of us is dead.

Kthxbye.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3398 (isolation #193) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, for the last time, I'm not 'dodging' claiming anything. You're asking me to claim and I'm saying
FUCK YOU, FUCK OFF, YOUR INSISTENCE ON MAKING ME CLAIM IS LITERALLY SCUM.

So yeah.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3400 (isolation #194) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You're trying to strongarm a lynch on me based on your 'veteran status' and this easy towncred you've gained solely for existing.
You're trying to get me to fullclaim in a situation which I've explained reflects that your insistence on me claiming while thinking I'm VT is the most anti-town/scum thing possible.
You're continuing to be a total asshole to me despite knowing how much you're frustrating me, all for the sake of making me self-destruct.

This is why I'm voting you.
So it's clear, and all that jazz.
Thanks for reducing all those points to an 'omgus' because you've got no other worthwhile defenses.
I've been up front with my investigations so far. Read my ISO again.
I've been putting in tons of effort. I've even been active during this huge move across the country. It's very rude of you to blame me of not being involved or putting in effort when I've dedicated more time to this game than most people would.

Stop trying to get me to full claim. I won't do it. You changing your strategy to 'If you are a XXX-investigative, you're doing it like shit, lol, you shitty fucking shit varsoon keep sucking dick at this game you fucking loser'.

Fuck you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3401 (isolation #195) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

And by that, I mean, 'Fuck your play/aggressive approach here'.
I think you're awesome and I respect you a lot as a player.
But I hate your push on me here for several reasons.
And the fact you continue to antagonize me when you know I'm frustrated is really scum-indicative.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3403 (isolation #196) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've been ITT plenty without being mentioned.
Stop lying, you jerk.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3404 (isolation #197) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've got 150 posts more than ZZZX.
I'm in the top 6 posters.
Fuck off.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3408 (isolation #198) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry.

@Mollie: Please stop trying to frustrate me.
I don't mean to attack you personally.
My issues are solely with how you're approaching this game/your play.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3409 (isolation #199) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You're not just questioning me.
Is bullying me with the whole "You are playing terribly, you are not special, I will get the important players to lynch you if you don't fullclaim" questioning?
In that case, yeah, sure, whatever.

I've been as clear as I can be so far.
Read my ISO. If you have trouble, ask me something, but don't ask me to full claim, because I won't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”