Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 2673, Plotinus wrote:@Tere: I don’t know what he meant by that, but maybe he read the help page where I explained why i made the site and figured out that i’m disabled and then i dunno what that has to do with my role pm but ok?

actually - I did not read help page. helped to get a glimpse of your mind nevertheless :)
abcedminded
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Tere »

In post 2699, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 2698, Shinobi wrote:
Could you imagine a Shin/Thor/BBT/Bella team of some sort?
That'd be sick.

Firstly, I'm loving that new avatar. Secondly, you played pretty well so well done. Thirdly, that's an unbeatable scum team, no? Even Plot's interaction analysis couldn't break that shit up.

You were an obvscum scumfuck but you played well Shin :)
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Shinobi »

lol thanks Blue.

In post 2691, Tere wrote:Also, genuinely, I think this a great learning game. Would anyone feel uncomfortable if it got dissected?

Nope - I agree that this is a good game to look at.

Tere wrote:
In post 2699, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
That'd be sick.

Firstly, I'm loving that new avatar. Secondly, you played pretty well so well done. Thirdly, that's an unbeatable scum team, no? Even Plot's interaction analysis couldn't break that shit up.

You were an obvscum scumfuck but you played well Shin :)

That just makes it better though.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 2681, Tere wrote:
Will you be weirded out if I retroactively stalk you? I found your approach quite interesting, in that I townread you quite quickly and I think you showed your alignment clearly, and I also struggle with lack of time (I am planning not to play in more than one game consecutively going forward, because 3 out of 7 days I need to V/LA and I can read but I can't write walls, so am working on the best approach to that).

not at all. go ahead and do so
abcedminded
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 2687, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, I was not a good kill choice! I wanted to win!!

That'd be sick.

@shin: was that...a compliment?
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Tere »

In post 2697, Plotinus wrote:@Tere: the problem with that is that not everyone can see what you see. I remember in WDPT I was pretty frustrated with a player who was looking at the vote counts and saying just ctrl -f player name and you’ll see it. and i couldn’t see it. VCA isn’t one of my talents yet. i was too much of a n00b to see it. but i wanted her to explain it to me. she was conftown. i didn’t need an essay, just a few sentences would do. a few pointers in the right direction. and i couldn’t see it. she was right about him, i eventually came around about him too, and he was actually scum. but I needed a few words from her to help me and she couldn’t/wouldn’t provide them. and he would have been lynched several day phases before she was if she could have done that.

you don’t have to do a post by post analysis if that’s not your thing. it can be short. but tell us what to look for in particular.

VCA can be horrible. Think of it as trying to walk a mile in the player's shoes and understand the motivation for what's posted. Look for real motivation to figure out the puzzle. If there's no posts and nothing like that, null. If there's lots of posts and null for that, stare. My crib notes anyway.
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 2704, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 2687, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, I was not a good kill choice! I wanted to win!!

That'd be sick.

@shin: was that...a compliment?

Only maybe.
B-b-but it's not like I like you or anything.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Tere »

Um, I am going to put this just here because I don't know where else to put it, but it's something I've been thinking of for a while now.

The best player of mafia I have interacted with in mafia ever (by a league - no seriously, I'd never trust that person in mafia ever for how easily they can roll me) isn't neurotypical. And I don't know if it would be welcomed or whatever but I think it would be a great thing to have a Speakeasy thread for spectrummy folk. Because having looked at it from both sides I think there are perspectives. And Stuff. So much Stuff.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Lapsa »

gone watching ant man. btw, Aero - game was smerfing' amazing ^_^
abcedminded
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:51 am

Post by Tere »

(I am really not sure if I would self diagnose but my dad clearly is and I can pass but and I have to work really fucking hard at social stuff and I do a whole fuckton of nonverbal and if I can't just even I can't read noise and can't parse English but I don't want to be the special snowflake and this isn't about me but I've just come back to my home after listening to a ton of autism = rainman and ... my family and ... so I am not going to be rubbish about this so I am going to STFU but you guys a thread like this would be great for reals)
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Tere »

In post 2708, Lapsa wrote:gone watching ant man. btw, Aero - game was smerfing' amazing ^_^

Seconded. That's easy. Loved the structure. Aero, want to supervise running that in another environment? I'd love to steal it :)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 2709, Tere wrote:(I am really not sure if I would self diagnose but my dad clearly is and I can pass but and I have to work really fucking hard at social stuff and I do a whole fuckton of nonverbal and if I can't just even I can't read noise and can't parse English but I don't want to be the special snowflake and this isn't about me but I've just come back to my home after listening to a ton of autism = rainman and ... my family and ... so I am not going to be rubbish about this so I am going to STFU but you guys a thread like this would be great for reals)

<3

even if you’re not, you could be a cousin. it’s okay to not know.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

A non nt thread?

@Shin, :(

@aero, you rock
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 am

Post by Tere »

In post 2711, Plotinus wrote:
In post 2709, Tere wrote:(I am really not sure if I would self diagnose but my dad clearly is and I can pass but and I have to work really fucking hard at social stuff and I do a whole fuckton of nonverbal and if I can't just even I can't read noise and can't parse English but I don't want to be the special snowflake and this isn't about me but I've just come back to my home after listening to a ton of autism = rainman and ... my family and ... so I am not going to be rubbish about this so I am going to STFU but you guys a thread like this would be great for reals)

<3

<3 I sorta want a Speakeasy thread. Non-verbal - stress getting upset, and stuff, yeah, easier. possibly. It might be easier for me. I just dunno. Thoughts? (If you knew my previous job, so hilarious)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 2713, Tere wrote:

<3

<3 I sorta want a Speakeasy thread. Non-verbal - stress getting upset, and stuff, yeah, easier. possibly. It might be easier for me. I just dunno. Thoughts? (If you knew my previous job, so hilarious)

yeah. think maybe SE thread be good, but nervous bout it being trolled or about being zoo exhibit. but thread for us to talk about us would be good. and for people who think they might be an us that would be ok too.

Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Lapsa »

one of my all time favorite quotes:

The mind adapts itself to potentiality in order to measure everything in the mode of potentiality, and to absolute necessity in order to measure everything in the mode of unity and simplicity as God does, and to the necessity of nexus in order to measure everything with respect to its peculiar nature; finally, it adapts itself to determinate potentiality in order to measure everything with respect to its existence. But furthermore the mind also measures symbolically, by comparison, as when it employs numerals and geometric figures and equates other things with them.
abcedminded
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 2714, Plotinus wrote:

<3

yeah. think maybe SE thread be good, but nervous bout it being trolled or about being zoo exhibit. but thread for us to talk about us would be good. and for people who think they might be an us that would be ok too.

would you be ok with me starting it?

I got badly burned at a con last year because I ran a workshop for spectrum folk at a con because the spectrum folk said they wanted it a year prior, made it explicit pre con, labelled it as such in the programme, then still got burned by "liberal" mansplaining wankers who weren't on the spectrum saying you can't do that shit. because mansplaining wankers whiteknighting people. Wont be presenting that next year because that.

I think it would be an interesting dialogue. Just scared of starting it.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 2715, Lapsa wrote:

one of my all time favorite quotes:

The mind adapts itself to potentiality in order to measure everything in the mode of potentiality, and to absolute necessity in order to measure everything in the mode of unity and simplicity as God does, and to the necessity of nexus in order to measure everything with respect to its peculiar nature; finally, it adapts itself to determinate potentiality in order to measure everything with respect to its existence. But furthermore the mind also measures symbolically, by comparison, as when it employs numerals and geometric figures and equates other things with them.

I've read the quote you posted about 5 times. And I don't think I am stupid because many many reasons. So would it be OK if we got more of a general steer there? what is the message? what are you trying to say? Because my quote was quite troubled and very personal and private and a difficult reach out in trying circumstances and I get this at an abstract level - possibly - but I don't understand?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 2716, Tere wrote:

<3

I got badly burned at a con last year because I ran a workshop for spectrum folk at a con because the spectrum folk said they wanted it a year prior, made it explicit pre con, labelled it as such in the programme, then still got burned by "liberal" mansplaining wankers who weren't on the spectrum saying you can't do that shit. because mansplaining wankers whiteknighting people. Wont be presenting that next year because that.

yeah, go ahead. not wordsing good anymore. make it clear it’s about broader spectrum, autistic spectrum and autistic cousins and other neurodiverse people and people who are questioning are okay and are allowed in but not zoo exhibit not puzzle pieces not parents talking about how much we’re a burden.

Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 2718, Plotinus wrote:
In post 2716, Tere wrote:

<3

yeah, go ahead. not wordsing good anymore. make it clear it’s about broader spectrum, autistic spectrum and autistic cousins and other neurodiverse people and people who are questioning are okay and are allowed in but not zoo exhibit not puzzle pieces not parents talking about how much we’re a burden.

That. Would it be OK to reference that?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Plotinus »

yeah. i’ve posted a bunch in my gtkas recently that i’ll might end up crossposting because people asked questions about what it’s like but i don’t want to be an after school special.

Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Tere »

understood. Also the not wordsing good stuff. Apparently I can communicate in opposites ATM which is a fucking PITA.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Plotinus »

it’s like being post restricted in real life. but we’re used to it so it’s not bad. novel sentences hard. quoting people easy. (and then in my games “why are you saying things that other people said in almost the exact same words”)

Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 2722, Plotinus wrote:it’s like being post restricted in real life. but we’re used to it so it’s not bad. novel sentences hard. quoting people easy. (and then in my games “why are you saying things that other people said in almost the exact same words”)

yes, that. And sometimes it's easier to not even English and then I accidentally opposite and that makes me :(
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Tere »

nn xx thinking.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”