borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.4

[6] Jaqen Hghar (ZZZX, Prohawk, Fresh, TheIrishPope, Saint, The Antagonist)
[4] Focus Beam (singersigner, mastin2, Seiko x Naomi, Varsoon)
[3] Varsoon (free stool sample, Focus Beam, Flubbernugget)
[1] Aeris (Jaqen Hghar)
[1] free stool sample (Feysal)
[1] mastin2 (hiplop)
[1] Psychlone (Aeris)

[6] Not Voting (Bulbazak, CB, Kaboose, Psychlone, Scorpious, Frogging Mollie)

With 23 alive, it is 12 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-08-05 22:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 271, Jaqen Hghar wrote:Case in point, you and Mastin are already working the buddy angle on Aeris. And dollars to donuts she'll fall for it

:?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by ZZZX »

still kinda vla and...

twe...twenty pages...
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 273, Scorpious wrote:I've never played a role that was known to everyone. Does anyone have any input on how I should attack this?

since you're confirmed, people are going to expect for you to be a leader.

Play as you normally would is about all I can say.

I have some of my own ideas for how to read people and how they interact with you, but that's not something I want to broadcast and would rather watch how it develops naturally.

I am jealous you roled me though!
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 478, Aeris wrote:
In post 273, Scorpious wrote:I've never played a role that was known to everyone. Does anyone have any input on how I should attack this?

since you're confirmed, people are going to expect for you to be a leader.

Play as you normally would is about all I can say.

I have some of my own ideas for how to read people and how they interact with you, but that's not something I want to broadcast and would rather watch how it develops naturally.

I am jealous you roled me though!

I agree with the expectation, but that's not how conftown should play. If their reads are right, they are more likely than not dead. A conftown should lead from the rear, merely vetoing bad lynches rather than pushing lynches.

I would like to see him vote because it would help my VCA though, but that's more of a personal preference.

~Titus
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 479, Focus Beam wrote:I agree with the expectation, but that's not how conftown should play. If their reads are right, they are more likely than not dead. A conftown should lead from the rear, merely vetoing bad lynches rather than pushing lynches.

I was thinking along these same lines. I think I would drive myself crazy in this large of a game trying to find something to pick out. I was thinking of limiting my own involvement so that I can at least be helpful,I have to admit the role is kind of a bummer but I want to for sure catch some scum.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 281, Focus Beam wrote:

Anyways Froggie, when you get on, lets talk while the women are away, I need to pick your brain, as I think we can get actual shit done without Mollie/Titus bitching at each other.

Ill be back after work.

~Sally

This is the kinda thing that is completely unproductive and does nothing for the game as well as diminishing the contribution/value of both of your partners. It already creates an unpleasant atmosphere and makes it even more difficult for you guys to work together. Did you think that frogger was going to hand you a cigar and talk over scotch about the impossible nature of bitching women?

Sure, mollie and titus might fight with each other, but what makes you think that "actual shit" doesn't get done even if they do? And what makes you think that you guys would be able to do any better.

Did you know that the word hysterical comes from the Greek word for uterus? In ancient Greece, they had a theory that women acted "irrational" because their uterus got dry and in an effort to find moisture would travel around their bodies in a what is known as the wandering womb. As the womb wandered looking for moisture, women would act crazy, or bitchy or irrational and the prescription for this behavior was to have sex because that kept the womb in place and moisturized and therefore women would act more normal.

Anyway that's just an aside, but it's a long standing example of people diminishing what we have to say because it's bitching or irrational. It never helps anything and ends up causing more frustrations and problems than anything else.

Maybe you just wanted to work with frogger and that's cool, but you didn't need to put down both of your heads in the process. Maybe you didn't even mean it the way it came across, but that's how it did.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

Scorp, there's a certain reckless abandon you can have when being confirmed town. For instance, see Jesus Christ Mafia. Professor Maniac there had your role (or part of it) but could choose how to reveal it. We could troll and play with a reckless disregard for what anyone thought because we were town.

The way I'd do it if solo, like yourself, is just press people on logic. If someone has bad logic, highlight it and try to get a response. If someone has good logic, engage it and flesh it out.

What do you think of my thoughts in 213?

~Titus
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 481, Aeris wrote:
In post 281, Focus Beam wrote:

Anyways Froggie, when you get on, lets talk while the women are away, I need to pick your brain, as I think we can get actual shit done without Mollie/Titus bitching at each other.

Ill be back after work.

~Sally

This is the kinda thing that is completely unproductive and does nothing for the game as well as diminishing the contribution/value of both of your partners. It already creates an unpleasant atmosphere and makes it even more difficult for you guys to work together. Did you think that frogger was going to hand you a cigar and talk over scotch about the impossible nature of bitching women?

Sure, mollie and titus might fight with each other, but what makes you think that "actual shit" doesn't get done even if they do? And what makes you think that you guys would be able to do any better.

Did you know that the word hysterical comes from the Greek word for uterus? In ancient Greece, they had a theory that women acted "irrational" because their uterus got dry and in an effort to find moisture would travel around their bodies in a what is known as the wandering womb. As the womb wandered looking for moisture, women would act crazy, or bitchy or irrational and the prescription for this behavior was to have sex because that kept the womb in place and moisturized and therefore women would act more normal.

Anyway that's just an aside, but it's a long standing example of people diminishing what we have to say because it's bitching or irrational. It never helps anything and ends up causing more frustrations and problems than anything else.

Maybe you just wanted to work with frogger and that's cool, but you didn't need to put down both of your heads in the process. Maybe you didn't even mean it the way it came across, but that's how it did.

Was totally having that as a private conversation but thanks...

~Titus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 212, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Focus Beam
Why not?

I have to get something down, this seems to be thing I keep coming back to.

VOTE: Varsoon

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by Scorpious »

I also don't like Aeris atm. Maybe it's just a different style in the community here,but the constant reference to the flower girl is grating. I don't know if it's intended annoyance or just a by product of distraction.

I also realize there is a few more scum out there that so far are buried in all this nonsense..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

free stool sample
free stool sample
Goon
free stool sample
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by free stool sample »

In post 310, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 308, TheIrishPope wrote:On page 4 at the moment, Aeris is most definitely scum and mollie is either town or on the opposite scum team to aeris.

I have aeris as town but I am waiting to see what she does with sally cos "oh lets converse froggie and leave the 2 crazy bitches out of it" is sexist as shit and i wanna see if she calls it out.

What now though?
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 486, Scorpious wrote:I also don't like Aeris atm. Maybe it's just a different style in the community here,but the constant reference to the flower girl is grating. I don't know if it's intended annoyance or just a by product of distraction.

I also realize there is a few more scum out there that so far are buried in all this nonsense..

Have you ever played final fantasy 7?
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 293, Feysal wrote:

In post 236, Aeris wrote:Like I'm sorry but at the moment I feel like this is a really sexist attack. I don't mean to feel this way, but I can't help but feel like if I was a guy this argument would be different.

Do not go there. Please.

I call it like i see it.

feysal wrote:
In post 238, Aeris wrote:Why are people ignoring that I told you one of my abilities indicates the possibility of more than two factions?

For several reasons. First, because everyone already knew that when the game was in signups. Second, because knowing how many scum factions there are is useless right now. Third, because calling attention to potential power roles is anti-town.

In fact, I have no idea why you revealed yourself in the first place. All you have achieved is to ensure that someone is going to try to strangle you sooner rather than later. For a town power role that is extremely poor play.

We knew it was multiball. I think it could be more than just two based on my role pm. It might be useless right now, but I'd much rather put it out there at the beginning, where people do know that there might be more than two anti-town factions and always have it as part of how they evaluate than just think it's the standard two and due to nightkills which for whatever reason point to that conclusion make people pacified and then realize when it's too late that it's greater than it was.

I don't have any grand expectations of living that long, so holding on to it is silly. Also, I'm going to guess that the majority of us have some role, and my role is an information role, which means I can't be blocked, so I don't have to worry about that. And if I eat a nightkill over someone who is something else, then I've done what I can.

But basically, I'd prefer to have people keep it in their minds as a possibility even if it doesn't pan out to be the case than for them to be surprised later.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, dragging the game in the mud is literally doing nothing to solve it.
Please stop.

@Scorpius: I've given plenty of reasons to for my continued push on FocusBeam, so reducing it to just that post is a bit small in scope.
Aeris' play
is
distracting and she hasn't really done anything with those distractions. Sometimes people like to bait others into fluff in order to make some sort of point, but Aeris just seems to be focused on those fluff/distraction moments far more than the game--they don't seem to have any purpose as far as game play goes. I was hoping to figure out if there was some sort of gimmick, gambit, or trick there, but there's no real depth to that play. You're going to have to take it at face value.

@Aeris: With-holding the info you have seems to only hurt town. If scum has a janitor kill, we're especially screwed. Especially if you think you're likely to die, it's best to full-claim the info you have as soon as possible.
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 294, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 238, Aeris wrote:I did read the set up why is it being ignored?

Why are people jumping on me and ignoring that prohwak is asking me dumb questions?

Why are people ignoring that I told you one of my abilities indicates the possibility of more than two factions?

you might as well full out at this point

I won't full out but what I'm referring to is one of my abilities that says *paraphrased* yada yada yada two or more scum factions yada yada yada.

It's the two or more that is getting me. If there were just two, why not say one or more anti-town factions, but it says two or more. So, sure he could be being vague, but it's enough that I want to make everyone aware. And if I think about the game, I can think of multiple scum factions. You've got Shinra/Turks who could be one or more scum factions depending, sephiroth as the serial killer, the materia bosses or whatever they're called? There are potentially other "bad" characters that could be evil here that could be more than two scum factions.

Maybe I'm reading too much into. Maybe he's just being vague. But maybe it's something we need to keep in mind so we're not surprised later.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 489, Aeris wrote:Have you ever played final fantasy 7?

you have no idea..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Aeris »

In post 493, Scorpious wrote:

you have no idea..

I'm going to take that as a yes, which just confuses me to why you would wonder why I was talking about flowers.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of this game, flavor wise goes, and I've been waiting for months for Bork to put the game in. FF7 is my favorite game and I've played it several times, as well as recently restarting it because this game went into sign ups. I'm a dork is what this basically says, so I'd expect me to make references to the game throughout the game.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

Really Varsoon, rolefishing based on the possibility of a Janitor? First you drop traitor and now you're hinting at Janitor? And you're trying to have Aeris fullclaim?

While I find Aeris isn't exactly the towniest of slots, that's just ridiculous.

~Titus
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by singersigner »

I don't like that Frogging Mollie and Varsoon are asking Aeris to out more than necessary. He said his role implied more than two anti-town factions because it said "two or more"...what's so confusing about that statement that they would need her to embellish further?

Preview Edit:
Yeah...I'm agreeing with Titus...I don't even know what to do with myself... >_>

vote: Varsoon
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Off the top of my head, thinking of different groups:
The Planet (Confirmed)
ShinRa (Turks, Rufus, etc.)
Weapons (Technically Planet-aligned anyway)
Hojo (Likely third party?)
Sephiroth & Jenova (Makes sense as an anti-Planet group)
AVALANCHE (If Bork really wanted to make the flavor interact in absurd ways)
So on and so forth.
There are so many amalgamations of what could make up which factions that there's no use in use wasting a ton of time talking about it.

Let's just play the game at hand and not get caught up in flavor, flavor-speculation, debating sexism, etc.
That'd be really great.
That's what I'm trying to do.

P-EDIT:
Focusbeam would come into thread to talk mad shit at me for wanting town to have info. Mudsling and tunnel harder, scumshit.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 497, Varsoon wrote:Off the top of my head, thinking of different groups:
The Planet (Confirmed)
ShinRa (Turks, Rufus, etc.)
Weapons (Technically Planet-aligned anyway)
Hojo (Likely third party?)
Sephiroth & Jenova (Makes sense as an anti-Planet group)
AVALANCHE (If Bork really wanted to make the flavor interact in absurd ways)
So on and so forth.
There are so many amalgamations of what could make up which factions that there's no use in use wasting a ton of time talking about it.

Let's just play the game at hand and not get caught up in flavor, flavor-speculation, debating sexism, etc.
That'd be really great.
That's what I'm trying to do.

P-EDIT:
Focusbeam would come into thread to talk mad shit at me for wanting town to have info. Mudsling and tunnel harder, scumshit.

In post 27, Varsoon wrote:Bork's smart enough about his flavor that we shouldn't discuss flavor at all. It's a distraction and may even be a detriment as scum is likely to benefit more than town.
For instance, in Xenogears Mafia, the main character was a scum traitor.

Let's just play the game at hand first and foremost.

Lets not talk about flavor.

Meanwhile, heres the possible scumteams I may or may not be on.

Also Titusala is scum. Moving on.

~Sala
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 494, Aeris wrote:
In post 493, Scorpious wrote:

you have no idea..

I'm going to take that as a yes, which just confuses me to why you would wonder why I was talking about flowers.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of this game, flavor wise goes, and I've been waiting for months for Bork to put the game in. FF7 is my favorite game and I've played it several times, as well as recently restarting it because this game went into sign ups. I'm a dork is what this basically says, so I'd expect me to make references to the game throughout the game.

If it makes you feel any better. I was just as bummed to get this role as you were to not..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”