Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 669, Frogging Mollie wrote:I don't even see how that is a point, but it feels like buddying to push a singer mislynch.

I'm not currently pushing a singer lynch.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Scorpious »

@Mollie, can you answer my question please?
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Psychlone »

Seiko x Naomi townread is based on both players in the slot, which is always reassuring and wonderful. Notscience has a pretty solid entrance although nothing absolutely crazy: really loving pie's entrance so far. I think that if she were scum, she would feel obligated to take advantage of ~multiball~ to a greater extent and show off just how much she can scumhunt which she hasn't done here.

This is probably one of the weaker town reads on the wagon so far, but still a pretty solid one.
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 676, Scorpious wrote:@Mollie, can you answer my question please?

Can you answer mine?
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Frogging Mollie »

In post 671, The Antagonist wrote:
In post 667, Frogging Mollie wrote:I just answered a question of yours

read list was an ended quesiotn (i did have to check what you did answer)

ill get to it in a sec, can you answer the others unles ifthey are answer inthere

Daytalk, I have no idea, but I'd venture to guess yes given game size and it's multiball it probably makes sense to give scum daytalk. Also because it's not normal it doesn't have to be announced if there are no encryptors. Also, I've seen some traitor talk (CB about Varsoon) and I'm not sure if that means its more or less likely to have daytalk, but probably more.

As for more than two scum teams, also no idea. I've never played in a game this large but I'm trying to parse what's going on with Aeris so I can also answer psychlone about that read which is more of an associative with varsoon/hawk (like varsoon said, I think one of them must be scum, and I'm townreading Hawk now), because Aeris seems to be implying there's more than two scum teams. The only time I've ever played multiball was a 9:2:2 mini normal game reviewed for balance which was 4/13 scum = 30.8%, so assuming this is balanced-ish then 6/23 = 26.1% and 7/23 = 30.4%, so my guess is it's probably not 3:3 alone, and 4:3 seems not right, so I'd probably believe there's 3 teams. But that's amateur setup spec based off percentages of past experience of a different game type.
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 am

In post 675, Psychlone wrote:
In post 669, Frogging Mollie wrote:I don't even see how that is a point, but it feels like buddying to push a singer mislynch.

So you're voting her for what reason?

Because you scumread her earlier but now you haven't found any other scum reads to push?
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 am

Guys, relax I'm going to answer all your qusetions directed at me. I can't answer them all at once

-Frog
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 678, Psychlone wrote:
In post 676, Scorpious wrote:@Mollie, can you answer my question please?

Can you answer mine?

of course, I missed it. give me a little bit..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Psychlone »

In post 680, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 675, Psychlone wrote:

So you're voting her for what reason?

Because you scumread her earlier but now you haven't found any other scum reads to push?

Haven't found any other scumreads to push. I could vote Kaboose. I might vote Kaboose
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 659, Psychlone wrote:
In post 656, Scorpious wrote:@Frogging Mollie.

why do you not have a vote down? You are the most visible person(s) here atm,surely there is something that would get one down.

I'd hate to think all those posts were fluff..

What do you think of the reads I've talked about so far?

Well,I think it would be insulting to you to say that I can or cannot substantiate any of your reads, that would take an enourmous amout of effort to do properly with so much being put down,however I do like that you are active in scumhunting. I also like that you haven't produced any laundry lists of reads. I don't like those.

If I had one thing about you that can tighten you up a little more as town for me,and this is just a comment,not an accusation. I'd like to see those ?'s replaced,by at least an actual question.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Psychlone »

My townread on Feysal was probably the most irrational townread I had out of the group, so I spent a pretty gigantic chunk of time reading this slot.

I think that his excited tone early game I'd a slight town tell, despite multiball: multiball allows an added urgency and genuineness when scumhinting as scum but it doesn't allow the "I'm town!" tone feysal gave off early game.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Scorpious »

I think it might be irresponsible as well to ignore some of the lesser active people/teams here.. In a game this large with so much fluff being thrown around,it would be easy to hide for days(gamedays).

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Focus Beam »

So the sala head will be getting drunk tonight so expect more Titus, obviously. Anyways I want to talk about stuff because I got time.

I have little to no experience with multiball, so Im not 100% to play this. Ive been just playing it as Titus and I see it. We havent talked about multiball when it comes to finding scum yet, as we are town and do not care which scum we hit as scum are scum. I do think Varsoon is going to flip Scum A, and I think Jaq is on his team. I want to put zzzx as a possibility for scum A as well. Zzzx is going to lurk I predict or not read much of the thread. I wish he would interact with me, because I would have a perfect read on him. The thing is, if he ignores me I think he is scum, but he wasnt here when Titus and I were wagoned. I need him to do something! If he lurks around when he gets back today/tomorrow, hes a good D2 lynch.

Matsin annoys me. Im not sure of her 558 (I have reason to lynch sala/Titus) because she says that if Titus was scum, Matsin would keep her around. We both want some explanations on that. Anyways, shes playing this game like she did in that Spy game Dram hosted last year when Zzzx/I hydraed, so I kinda townread her.

Im not going to bother reading the NS and Nacho hydras because I suck at those guys, and have no familiar games with Pie and GiF. Ill sheep titus on that. Im going to follow titus on singer and mollie too. I cant tell whos posting in the Antika hydra, but I think its town. Im townreading Aeris still, not as much as I was earlier, but I think its trolltown.

Lastly, something important I want to get out there, if we were being wagoned and I started bitching about it like Varsoon is now, Varsoon would never unvote, he would call it fake and fabricated and he would scream for our lynch. So fuck off trying to rage yourself out of it. Im not buying it, and if it was the other way around, you would do the same. Calling your play scummy but excusable is bullshit as well.

~Sally
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 686, Scorpious wrote:I think it might be irresponsible as well to ignore some of the lesser active people/teams here.. In a game this large with so much fluff being thrown around,it would be easy to hide for days(gamedays).

Bulbazak should be here today, hope he does stuff.
Fresh too, but the last game I played with him as scum, he has a life :p
Zzzx needs to post more, and I have a feeling he wont.

Anyone else Im missing?

~Sally
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:10 am

Post by The Antagonist »

zzzx is in this game?
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:11 am

Post by The Antagonist »

oh shit, he is...
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Scorpious »

I actually asked him a question,because he brought up SK's..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 26, ZZZX wrote:its all safe to assume we have at least 1 SK (sephiroth) . if this game was bastard then sephiroth could have started as town etc but this game isnt. oh well.

Zzzx isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. Didnt bork do FF10 mafia where Tidus/Auron/Wakka were scum and Lulu sk or something?

I wouldnt take that SK claim with any sincerity honestly
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:30 am

Post by The Antagonist »

hey nacho. here's an alert, because it hasn't quite seemed to have sunken in with you yet: i'm scumreading you.

why?

because the wk'ing of the titus-wagon and the singer vote are really confusing
In post 636, Psychlone wrote:
In post 634, singersigner wrote:I'm not even voting them.

Why don't you have a town read on me?

It was GiF's thought that there was probably scum on the Focus wagon after its big jump because it formed quickly enough for scum to be comfortable hiding a bad vote in the rush. It seemed like a good place to start: sometimes I find that limiting my reads to smaller sections in a large playerlist helps me deal with the largeness of large games better.

I am not sure that I will end up without a town read on you: your last post was good and I can't remember posting I disliked except maybe the initial attack on Varsoon.

In post 645, Psychlone wrote:
In post 643, singersigner wrote:This doesn't even make sense. I was the first RVS vote on them. So your theory was that I was psychic and just knew a wagon would pop up on them so I quickly "hid" my vote there first?

No. More "one scum on the wagon at least regardless of how it formed, more likely because of this reason".

ok fine i can start from the point of "gif doesn't like the focus wagon", but why are you going along with that and how did that inspire a singer vote? because from what i've heard from (what i'm assuming is) gif, it's that scum were PILING ONTO the focus wagon. votes on mastin, the pie hydra, or feysal would start making sense. but the vote goes on the lead of the wagon... which doesn't.

the explanation sounds cobbled together and after-the-fact. if you were just honest and said you were shooting from the hip, i'd be more inclined to think you're town, but you didn't do that.
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 am

Post by The Antagonist »

hey could anyone do me a solid and tell me why they're townreading the pie hydra? tia
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 645, Psychlone wrote:
In post 643, singersigner wrote:This doesn't even make sense. I was the first RVS vote on them. So your theory was that I was psychic and just knew a wagon would pop up on them so I quickly "hid" my vote there first?

No. More "one scum on the wagon at least regardless of how it formed, more likely because of this reason".

Because of what reason? You specifically said it formed quickly enough for scum to hide and said you had town reads on everyone but me. I was the first vote, so how can you now backtrack and say "well not hide but just that there's probably scum there"?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 692, Focus Beam wrote:Didnt bork do FF10 mafia where Tidus/Auron/Wakka were scum

This made me chuckle.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Feysal »

Busy day. I've been reading, but had no time to sort out my thoughts and post until now.

I see that a wagon has formed on Varsoon. I suppose there are reasons to suspect him, not that I agree with them, but the best thing I can say about the case on him is that it is riddled with confirmation bias.

I agree that we should not waste time and effort speculating about flavor. Whatever the setup is, once we start to get flips we will be in a far better position to figure it out, right now it is only a distraction and waste of time. Even worse, such speculation can lead to someone revealing more than they intended, and one probable town power role outed is enough for one day. I think I already saw someone give an accidental hint of their role, and I don't really want to see any more.

In post 537, Focus Beam wrote:In fact, if N =/= M we have a serial killer.

Not necessarily. I have been in a game with scum teams of unequal sizes, one larger scum team, and one smaller serial killer team. And now I'm done with setup speculation.

I think mastin2 may have been on to something in post with what she said about wagon resistance. I think that scum would be more likely to give a reason, any reason, while joining a wagon. This gives me the feeling that the Focus Beam wagon, which was very light on reasons, was less suspicious than some of the votes on Varsoon. I was not bothered by how Varsoon voted Focus Beam because of wagon ahoy. That sort of thing happens frequently on the first day. I also don't think the supposed contradiction of wanting to keep Titusbeam around and voting them later is that significant. On the first day, wagons are often just a way to move the game forward. I certainly did not expect Focus Beam to be lynched right there and then when I voted them.

Oh, and I'm aware that if weak reasons are more suspicious than none at all, then my own vote would be the most suspect on the Focus Beam wagon. Likewise, if Scorpious was not confirmed town, I would question his vote also. Still, I can't escape the feeling that the Varsoon wagon is more likely to have scum on it.

In post 485, Scorpious wrote:
In post 212, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Focus Beam
Why not?

I have to get something down, this seems to be thing I keep coming back to.

VOTE: Varsoon

You are confirmed town, but I think you're on the wrong track with this. What is wrong with a shameless wagon vote, when the game just started?

In post 495, Focus Beam wrote:Really Varsoon, rolefishing based on the possibility of a Janitor? First you drop traitor and now you're hinting at Janitor? And you're trying to have Aeris fullclaim?

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, roleblocker, doctor, voyeur, hider, jailkeeper, inventor, godfather, governor, senile reflexive post restrictor miller survivor.

Just in case the above is not clear enough, I don't think mentioning random role names or considering the implications of their possible existence is in any way suspicious. I also have no issue with asking Aeris to claim, in fact I considered doing it myself, though I remain undecided. Aeris is already a target for the scum, and I can't see what benefit the scum could gain from knowing exactly what she is, they are going to try to kill her anyway. On the other hand, I feel like she has said too much already, and since it is only the first day I doubt she has anything more useful to claim.

Oh, and I did not make up that last role, I actually played it once, and won. Somehow.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:53 am

Post by hiplop »

catching up now, trying to make this brief. Gonna be active after this post
In post 26, ZZZX wrote:its all safe to assume we have at least 1 SK (sephiroth) . if this game was bastard then sephiroth could have started as town etc but this game isnt. oh well.

hes not really a lone wolf though? and flavour discussion is strange

In post 53, Aeris wrote:
In post 49, ProHawk wrote:
In post 43, Aeris wrote:
In post 39, ProHawk wrote:
In post 38, Aeris wrote: It would be a downright travesty if I also roled scum.

Why?

Besides my aversion to playing scum, have you not played ff7?

I have. What makes you think all the bad guys are scum and good guys are town?

What are you talking about?

I obviously named myself after one of my favorite ff7 characters. Boo I didn't role it. I hate scum, Aeris died to save the planet (and is the IC in this game), it would be a travesty if I roled my namesake while hating scum and being my namesake.

You're inferring a lot of weird stuff here that I never implied.

The only thing I did imply, by the by, was that there has the potential for being more than two anti-town factions. If you're actually trying to read me, why are you picking up on a joke about my name and not what actual game relevant stuff I've put into the thread?

https://youtu.be/3Pxq_pY5LAY
rip
(I joke around, but I really think this slot is town, because of this post which totally isnt gonna come from scum)

I only made the assertion that I didn't like playing scum once when you claimed I made an implication about the good guys. But seriously did you not see that aeris is the damn IC? I mean did you not?

YOU asked me questions, to which I responded.

You are focusing on jokes about my name and about me once, at the time that you asked me to clarify something I think should be super duper triple infant easy to understand if you'd played the game.

I don't get why you're focusing on me, and I think it's kinda weird and makes me think that you could be on a scum team with a select group of people.

not getting the whole prohawk thing? dude seems normal/town to me.

Mastin as of page 15 is still my top scumread. Dude is dodgy, trying to explain surving past day one...even though its day one? Sounds like he knows more than we do.

Jaqens catch up post was fishy as hell. Just called out a bunch of posts and added random nothing-snide commentary to the end? Dont like it at all. Trying to look useful. (pedit: Oh, I see people called him on this)

Varsoon looks town, but awkward.

In post 274, Scorpious wrote:UNVOTE: The Antagonist

RVS long gone..

why didn't you revote?

IrishPope is seeming very off to me and I'm not sure why? Weird...but town?

pretty sure the frog is town. funny that they dont agree with eachohter lol

I feel ya, Scorpious. For someone who's never played with any of these players before, it's really hard to follow what's going on. Is it customary to use the names of people participating in a hydra, rather than the name of the Hydra? Cause that shit is just impossible for me. I have to keep actively referencing the player list to make sense of 80% of what is posted.

unfortunately common. Can get quite confusing and I (think) thats why hydras are frequently frowned upon

@Hiplop Is this a serious vote?

Yes. MAStin was trying to get towncred from a ton of people for free. Hes scared of getting killed or whatever, and calls most people town thinking they wont shoot him if he townreads them. He seems like he has a leg-up on everyone else in the game. Ergo, scum.

everygame ive played with varsoon I remember him being snarky under pressure and getting lynched. He was town iirc, and is doing this now too? Dude is almost definitely town, guys.

The point is bragging rights. It's a statement of, "Hey, look, I'm so good, I was able to name Y players as town before they had even posted, just off of what I had available", essentially. (Also, gut, not to mention, having previous games factoring into my guess. Basically, know how I used to psychologically profile every single player in the game as scum, and make predictions off of that to help my scumteam? I do it as town, too, here: off of the gamestate and who the players are, I make predictions off of what they are.)

I dont claim to know how to read you but as an eternal newbie, this comes off as scum to me. Your performance this game. Regardless of other games. You're vying for survival, and that screams scum to me.

@singer, can you explain your vote on froggin? I think I missed something

all caught up. Currently would be fine with mastins/jaqens head. I will be more active now that ive read the thread. Sorry for that delay.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:54 am

Post by hiplop »

^ Feysal, pretty sure is town. Seems to not care about perception of self? Looking for real answers. Town to me.
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”