singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:11 am

Post by singersigner »

If I just said "hydra dissonance" it wouldn't make sense outside of context. Since you're caught up, I assume you read the context, especially the part where I explained my vote.

If you still missed it, it's because Mollie seemed to misunderstand Fro99er and how he felt about a game we recently played where I was scum and they both came to independent town reads of me. I ended up needing to replace out of the game (I blame quadz) but until that happened, they townread me, and though Mollie was implying Fro99er was upset about it. They started posting in the thread at the same time, Fro99er trying to correct Mollie's mistake, and Mollie still trying to explain because she was still misinterpreting what was going on. All of this was while they were on gchat talking about something not game related. I feel like if they were having a conversation irl, they could've easily gotten on the same page and not talked over each other trying to rectify the situation. It just looked like creating a lot of unnecessary public confusion. All of this was with me in particular, whom they both know in real life, and both know exactly how I feel about public hydra dissonance. A real time argument about what Fro99er meant never should've happened and I believe it only served to provide more confusion for everyone trying to follow along.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Saint »

brb
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

if I've caught up correctly, frogging molly was recently duped by singersigner's scum game and were very impressed by/appreciative of her play

Yet they have a town read on her with no suspicion or paranoia towards it
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

also there's not enough snark in the anti/ika hydra for me to town read it
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 694, The Antagonist wrote:hey could anyone do me a solid and tell me why they're townreading the pie hydra? tia

I
really
don't like this.

VOTE: Antagonist
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 658, Psychlone wrote:GiF-date: Flubber is town. Congratulations, Flubber!

I miss the days of looking at people's reads lists and seeing "flubber--uhhhhhhhh idk"
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 704, Jaqen Hghar wrote:
In post 694, The Antagonist wrote:hey could anyone do me a solid and tell me why they're townreading the pie hydra? tia

I
really
don't like this.

what about this bothers you enough to warrant a vote?
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 53, Aeris wrote:
In post 49, ProHawk wrote:
In post 43, Aeris wrote:
In post 39, ProHawk wrote:
In post 38, Aeris wrote: It would be a downright travesty if I also roled scum.

Why?

Besides my aversion to playing scum, have you not played ff7?

I have. What makes you think all the bad guys are scum and good guys are town?

What are you talking about?

I obviously named myself after one of my favorite ff7 characters. Boo I didn't role it. I hate scum, Aeris died to save the planet (and is the IC in this game), it would be a travesty if I roled my namesake while hating scum and being my namesake.

You're inferring a lot of weird stuff here that I never implied.

The only thing I did imply, by the by, was that there has the potential for being more than two anti-town factions. If you're actually trying to read me, why are you picking up on a joke about my name and not what actual game relevant stuff I've put into the thread?

In post 274, Scorpious wrote:UNVOTE: The Antagonist

RVS long gone..

In post 700, singersigner wrote:If I just said "hydra dissonance" it wouldn't make sense outside of context. Since you're caught up, I assume you read the context, especially the part where I explained my vote.

If you still missed it, it's because Mollie seemed to misunderstand Fro99er and how he felt about a game we recently played where I was scum and they both came to independent town reads of me. I ended up needing to replace out of the game (I blame quadz) but until that happened, they townread me, and though Mollie was implying Fro99er was upset about it. They started posting in the thread at the same time, Fro99er trying to correct Mollie's mistake, and Mollie still trying to explain because she was still misinterpreting what was going on. All of this was while they were on gchat talking about something not game related. I feel like if they were having a conversation irl, they could've easily gotten on the same page and not talked over each other trying to rectify the situation. It just looked like creating a lot of unnecessary public confusion. All of this was with me in particular, whom they both know in real life, and both know exactly how I feel about public hydra dissonance. A real time argument about what Fro99er meant never should've happened and I believe it only served to provide more confusion for everyone trying to follow along.

not going to lie, I was skimming quite hard! Damn. thats interesting, to be honest? Maybe they just have a stringent-no talking about game policy? Only text?
third best scummer of all time
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Frogging Mollie »

In post 700, singersigner wrote:If I just said "hydra dissonance" it wouldn't make sense outside of context. Since you're caught up, I assume you read the context, especially the part where I explained my vote.

yabut singer you KNOW i have dissonance in my hydras cos we have talked about it!

I did not mean to imply that froggy was "upset", I think that this is a breakdown in interpretation of word usage issue. to me, "burn" does not have the same negative connotation for me as it does for you.

I want froggy to come to his reads independently on d1 cos I think we will both spot different things and then we can synch up and see what we come up with. this is how I am in a hydra. if I think my partner is wandering into batshit crazy territory I tell them to hush which I have done so with froggy! what has popped up in our hydra discussions is that froggy is feeling anxiety cos he really wants to make the game enjoyable for his hydra partner and in our 1 game together it was anything but (NOT COS OF HIM) and so i think he is trying to work with me but is not sure how to do it. in ori we took on the good cop/bad cop roles but somehow this turned into a shitshow cos somehow I have worshippers or something and some1 missed my metaphor for plato's cave.

I have already said that froggy and I need to deconstruct the ori game cos we have not done that yet, we talked about it loosely but we have not done the deconstruction that I like to do that will require a good chunk of time. we will get there eventually.

@ scorpious

my posts are rarely fluff, I think you just might not understand what I am doing. its okay I don't think anybody else does either! I am trying to engage players in a way in order to get them to drop their guard.

we were voting focus beam but I unvoted cos I am unsure cos froggy is townreading them and I am wondering if I am biased. I was arguing with froggy about a couple of things, that is 1 of them. I am still not sold on the titus townread but I can shelve it for now. we are still ironing out our reads but it is going to take time and I hope you pple can be patient.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:58 am

Post by Scorpious »

This is my first game with Hydras. Frankly, I'm a little skeptical of it all,but it's all good. I came to play in this house, no complaints.

It's just a little bit to get used to. I thought hydras were basically the same slot,and you didn't know which one it was,because they represented one collective mind. Now I see that it is clearly stated which of the two is speaking,and they sometimes differ. I'm not sure how I read something like that,so I am just poking right now,trying to learn,I guess the IC role helps,I can learn without anyone being suspicious.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:00 pm

In post 704, Jaqen Hghar wrote:

I
really
don't like this.

they are town
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm

In post 709, Scorpious wrote:This is my first game with Hydras. Frankly, I'm a little skeptical of it all,but it's all good. I came to play in this house, no complaints.

It's just a little bit to get used to. I thought hydras were basically the same slot,and you didn't know which one it was,because they represented one collective mind. Now I see that it is clearly stated which of the two is speaking,and they sometimes differ. I'm not sure how I read something like that,so I am just poking right now,trying to learn,I guess the IC role helps,I can learn without anyone being suspicious.

I have tried to unify hydra reads in the past and what winds up happening is that I wind up compromising on a read and I don't want to do that anymore. I am listening to froggy cos he is NOT retarded and I am reevaluating my read on beam but I am on a wait and see. we are just being very transparent about it.

I am pretty sure he is wrong on psychlone but I am waiting for that hydra to hard towntell so that I can go see? SEE?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by hiplop »

[quote="In post 709, Scorpious"][/quote]

i very much prefer the one-voice method.
third best scummer of all time
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

Jaquen, The Antagonist is more likely than not town. If they go missing, we lynch them.

Scorpious, I just finished a game where I was confirmed town and we got through the game with only one mislynch. That was town CCing the cop, so yeah. If you want, you can look over that game. The post at the end explains what I was going for with the IC and how I view it.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showt ... post836850

Jaquen's post looked really similar to what I was doing in that game. He was drawing attention to himself and then planned to explain how he was town. Did it work perfectly? Nope. Is Jaquen conftown? Nope, but he's probably town. Town enough where we shouldn't consider him as a lynch choice IMO.

~Titus
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

I'm back at page 14 and I don't like Kaboose's or Fresh' . I also can't say I'm impressed by TIP's catchup.
notscience + pieguyn
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:32 pm

In post 713, Focus Beam wrote:Jaquen, The Antagonist is more likely than not town. If they go missing, we lynch them.

Scorpious, I just finished a game where I was confirmed town and we got through the game with only one mislynch. That was town CCing the cop, so yeah. If you want, you can look over that game. The post at the end explains what I was going for with the IC and how I view it.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showt ... post836850

Jaquen's post looked really similar to what I was doing in that game. He was drawing attention to himself and then planned to explain how he was town. Did it work perfectly? Nope. Is Jaquen conftown? Nope, but he's probably town. Town enough where we shouldn't consider him as a lynch choice IMO.

~Titus

I am townreading him cos of his reach out to me. he was pretty specific and he expected me to understand. I think he is town.

and when I say "him" I mean ika cos I am not getting anti
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

nor FSS' entrance

nor anything Kaboose is doing after his entrance

The Antagonist is town. also I kind of like Fresh's attitude so far. also also, mental note that I didn't read CB's and I need to go back and read it later.
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

hmmmmm

I'm trying to figure out of Jaqen would have thought to fake as scum. if he didn't, that's a town slip, but I would expect someone might think as scum "herp derp I'll walk in here and pretend the game is singleball". while I'm at it, I disagree with just about everything Jaqen has been posting but I don't *actually* have a problem with most of it and there were a few things I liked. the thing about deliberately claiming sephiroth to see who'd attack him for it, for instance, is smth I'd never do but I'm not sure if he'd want to draw attention to himself in that way as scum. you could argue "lol multiball" but that would run the risk of getting crosskilled instead of lynched, sooooo.
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

(the thing about voting Aeris due to dividing town despite town reading her being another)
notscience + pieguyn
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

Seiko, really not liking your entrance here. First, you say you don't like Fresh's 277, but you like his attitude.

While I'm townreading Jaquen, his 536 is nothing near a townslip. M can be 1 and still have it be multiball. 2 factions, Large group scum and serial killer. It's debatable whether that is multiball, but the mod's definition allows for it. You also give the wierdest backhanded compliment. Jaquen's town, but by the way don't listen to a word he says.

~Titus
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

To be clear, what about Fresh's attitude do you like? There's not much there to see yet in his ISO yet.

~Titus
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

fuck you all, Titus is still scum. why are people (
@NACHO
) town reading her?

I've read her 100%, this is her scum game.

p-edit: let me catch uppppp
notscience + pieguyn
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 642, singersigner wrote:No he responded to that point already...was weak but whatever.

I think that if they were talking on gchat about Lady's appointment they could've gotten on the same page about the misunderstanding but instead they kept posting separately, creating a lot of dissonance and confusion.

unvote
vote: Frogging Mollie

Why does poor hydra play trump Varsoon's contradictions and rolefishing? :neutral:

~Titus
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

At some point, I should go back and see if there's a pattern between people calling me "Titus" and them being scum pushing me when I'm in a hydra.

~Titus
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by Focus Beam »

@Seiko 721, are you going to respond to my questions, or just yell I'm scum?

~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”