Post by hiplop »

In post 968, TheIrishPope wrote:I like singer for town. Cool kids club:
Me
Singer
Antagonist
Nacho
hiplop

awh, I'm blushing

is it bad that i can't remember a single post by psychlone :\?

#963 from focus beam just rubs me the wrong way. Like, seems like ate but super fake!
third best scummer of all time
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 974, Scorpious wrote:
In post 972, Varsoon wrote:I think it may be more useful to start with a town-basis, if only due to 75% of players being town in most games. You'll at least be more 'correct'.

So essentially, look at everyone as town until they do something that looks otherwise? I've been going at it completley opposite,and it doesn't seem to go well. I draw uneeded pressure somehow,I find myself being defensive often. then I end up doing more defense and like you,i get super pissed.. then i look more scummy..

That's happens a lot to me too. Unfortunately, that is NOT you looking scummy as a result of you defending yourself. It's a result of people having momentary mindfarts and being lead around by scum. You don't draw unneeded pressure. That's scum pushing an easy mislynch. That happens to newbies. I just happened to be picked on a lot because I'm a threat to any opposing alignment but the principle is the same. Scum get rid of threats or go for easy mislynches.

~Titus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3 FocusBeam
If it's worth anything, I think you're both a lot of fun to play with and regardless of alignment, you've made this D1 interesting and fun and involved for me.
I hope that I don't contribute to the whole toxic thing, yo.

Anyway, game-first: I don't really feel like getting bogged down in the he-said she-said kinda thing, if you know what I mean. It feels like we could easily get entangled in another 40 pages where it's just me saying "No, it's like this" and you going "No, it's like this" ad nauseam.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Focus Beam »

Well, then you can skip to the part where regardless of alignment, I don't say anything that's not founded in evidence. I won't trust you, you won't trust me although I'm town, but you know that I'd be an asset to your scum wincon and you unvote me to keep me around to find the other scums for you.

And I do the same.

We work together to find one scum that's not on team Varsoon. A one v one here, although I'm fine to do it as I can pray town would be smart enough to lynch you, would cut off investigating other people thus limiting the effectiveness of my VCA.

~Titus
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:40 am

Post by Scorpious »

Thank you both.. ok enough nice.. GRRRRR its a mafia game ;)..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm town, though.
:/

And you're too much a liability from my PoV given play so far.
Does that make sense?
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 980, Varsoon wrote:I'm town, though.
:/

And you're too much a liability from my PoV given play so far.
Does that make sense?

No, because I'm not a liability because I'm town. The only way I'm too much of a liability for you is if you're scum.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Focus Beam »

You know, I dont think Varsoon is town.

BUT, BUT, he has actually stated why WE could be scum and sticked to it.

Everyone else voting us hasnt, and thats something worth looking for when we flip Planet

~Sally
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Frogging Mollie »

Will catch up tomorrow, out for the day today. But I still want to lynch kaboose.

In the meantime, I leave you with the inspiration for our name.

Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Frogging Mollie »

^frog
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't know your alignment. While you could be town, you could also very easily be scum. If I was on a scum team, I would not kill you because of how D1 has gone so far.
Ergo, you're the kind of slot that is ensured survivability, which is bad for town, because we want a cross-kill.
Furthermore, if you're not lynched now, short of mod-confirmation (fuck godfather, seriously), you'll always be a contender for lynch, imo.
That's problematic.
That's too much of a liability.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Focus Beam »

Varsoon, who besides yourself, on our wagon, who could be scum?

~Sally
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 985, Varsoon wrote:I don't know your alignment. While you could be town, you could also very easily be scum. If I was on a scum team, I would not kill you because of how D1 has gone so far.
Ergo, you're the kind of slot that is ensured survivability, which is bad for town, because we want a cross-kill.
Furthermore, if you're not lynched now, short of mod-confirmation (fuck godfather, seriously), you'll always be a contender for lynch, imo.
That's problematic.
That's too much of a liability.

Please go look at our wagon and tell me its town oriented
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Mastin, yo.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 983, Frogging Mollie wrote:Will catch up tomorrow, out for the day today. But I still want to lynch kaboose.

Please quit suggesting this, I would really be upset if people listened to you and thought it was a good idea!
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 988, Varsoon wrote:Mastin, yo.

This would be the same Mastina that thought we were town in Signs and Void & House Party, at best if she's town, she's proven she can't read me for shit.

Second, vote parking us and disappearing isn't town motivated.

~Titus
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Focus Beam »

In post 989, Kaboose wrote:
In post 983, Frogging Mollie wrote:Will catch up tomorrow, out for the day today. But I still want to lynch kaboose.

Please quit suggesting this, I would really be upset if people listened to you and thought it was a good idea!

Why shouldn't we lynch you?

~Titus
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Bulbazak »

It's amazing how much things can change after you're caught up. My original smorgasbord of quotes are now down to 2.

In post 157, mastin2 wrote:
2. Bulbazak
^Bulbazak is so town that every time someone votes him, borkjerfkin coughs up blood. :P

Was the Maniacal cough contagious?

In post 252, Seiko x Naomi wrote:ftr, Aeris looks really obviously town here and I think the reasons both Varsoon and Jaqen have for scum reading her (as well as hawk's original push) are pretty awful

I actually agreed with that reasoning.

After all that, strong townreads remain the same. Adding AntiIka, Tip, Saint, and Potty Training Elmo to the list. Singer is really close to that list, but I'm not sure if I have a good baseline there. I also want to say Feysal is town, but I always waffle on that point in my heart of hearts, and I don't know why. Not touching the Nacho/GiF hydra until later in the game. Titus-hydra is still my strongest scum read. I've decided to give Varsoon and Aeris room after everything from page 20 on. There are some indications I may be wrong there. Not sure how to feel about Jaqen's claim. Not worth lynching anytime soon. Flubber, Kaboose, and CB are also scum. Everyone else I'll sort later.

I know there was something prior to page 15 that caught my eye and indicated scum, but I forget what it was, and I can't seem to find it upon a quick skim. Anyway, I'm hoping Aeris actually participates and does some scumhunting now. I still don't like her defense, as I feel it was way over the top for town, especially with the sexist accusations. That screamed of desperation. However, there's a detail in her soft claim that I think points to possible town. As for Titus (yes Titus. You can drink yourself to oblivion for all I care, Sal.), I made a vow after Signs & Voided that if at any point in a game Titus made a move that I couldn't make sense of from a town perspective, I would lynch immediately, regardless of my previous read. She made that move early with her defense of Aeris, which I couldn't see as town, but what really sealed it for me was her defensiveness, which boils down to mudslinging and threats. I can't see this from town Titus, and I'm not going to try to talk myself out of a major ping like I have before.

Vote Focus Beam

Also, if anyone can find who said something about there being 2 kills even with more than 2 scum teams, can you quote it? I have a game starting soon, but I'm pretty sure whoever said that is scum. That's not what I saw before, but it is pretty damning.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:06 am

Post by ProHawk »

Scorp, I generally use this type of play to weed out scum. You may not be as 'correct' by taking this viewpoint, but it makes it harder for scum to slip by.

Varsoon, I am trying to learn from my mistakes.

Frogging Mollie, I would much rather lynch Kaboose/Fresh/Saint/ZZZX... people who are doing jack all over Focus who i'm not convinced is scum. In short, I would happily join you on Kaboose, esp if people aren't going for Seiko/Mastin.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:08 am

Post by singersigner »

Beep Boop.

Psychlone is in this game.

Beep Boop.

They should be lynched.

Cheers. :]
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:09 am

Post by singersigner »

I'd alternatively policy ZZZX who is never around when he should be and has yet to prove that he cares about the first few days of a game anyway, causing him to be an ambiguity late game that I don't want to have to deal with.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Focus Beam »

*Looks at Bulbazak's post*
FOR FUCK SAKE. PLEASE FEEL THE NEED TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT DID TITUS DO THAT MAKES HER CONFSCUM.
*Walks out*
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Focus Beam »

Varsoon, listen for a sec.

Matsin voted us and said if Titus was scum, she would keep her alive, but she has her reasons.

We havent heard from her yet. But it doesnt make sense on why she would keep scumtitus alive and yet vote us unless she was a lyncher.

Is there anyway we can compromise on Matsina because her logic is off
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Focus Beam »

@Bulba,

First things first. Sal's defended Aeirs. Sal has also made the "sexist" comments. He never intended that as such. If your standard is to lynch me based on me doing something that you can't understand, you should probably make sure it's me doing the posting. I haven't softclaimed anything as far as I know. Sal's told me he has though so *shrug*. I think anyone fairly reading the posts and concluding they are "sexist" would logically infer that it wasn't ME talking since I'm you know a GIRL. You're "forgetting" what made you think I was scum, but voting anyway. You can't be accused of putting forth a bad case nor disproven by merely saying something's there and never again will I be swayed. That's scumposting 101. Vote town, strawman argument, can't be disproven. All the scum you're scumreading me for, isn't me. It's our slot yes, but this shows at best you're putting no effort into the game and decided you were going to vote me if ever I became a wagon.

Second, you're totally failing the high content in your posts barometer I use for your catchups. In Signs and Void and HU2, you had long quote walls where people could tell where you're coming from. You've dispensed with that entirely.
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Focus Beam »

@Singer,

Can we vote Bulba?

~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”